Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Absolution Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Absolution
Default Indiana State Championships Tournament Report

Yeah I'm a couple days late with this but hey, I was tired, long drive & whatnot. We played at the Holiday Inn in Ft. Wayne, a really nice locale for the event, I was impressed with how well this tourney ran in comparison to the ones held in Garden City. But anyways, I fared well, let's get to the tourney.

The deck I played is a mod of the one I played at the MI State Championships, the changes I made proved to be very good ones, this deck fared MUCH better.

Absolution's Swampicide Deck V2.1
Pokes: (24)
2 Mudkip (R/S Bubble)
2 Mudkip (DRG Water Gun)
2 Marshtomp (R/S Bubble)
3 Swampert (R/S Water Call)
2 Swampert EX
2 Suicune EX
2 Magnemite (DRG Thundershock)
2 Magneton (DRG Magnetic Field)
1 Skitty (R/S Energy Catch)
1 Skitty (SS Double-Edge)
2 Delcatty (R/S Energy Draw)
3 Dunsparce (SS)

As you can see here, I've added the Magneton line here. This proved to be a GREAT move to get my energies back from Catty/TV Reporter/Retreat Costs. I had no trouble getting any of the parts up and running ;)

Trainers: (20)
4 Rare Candy
4 Prof. Oak's Research
3 Master Ball
3 Oracle
2 TV Reporter
2 Warp Point
2 Crystal Shard

Pretty standard here. I get enough searching/drawing power, Warp is good for disruption, Crystal Shard for various Dragons

Energy: (16)
12 Water
4 Electric

K, enough background. Let's get to the matches!

1st Match: Dackery(Sp..?)
I hate to say it, but this match was like a free win. He started out with a Corphish against my Dunsparce. I SaR'd for my basics, then just sorta stalled with Sparce's second attack, and exchanged blows til he KO'd it. By then I had my SwampEX already up, KO'd his Corphish, a Nincada, a Roselia, and finally, a Dragon Gyrados in one hit.
Record: 1-0

2nd Match: Drew
Another match for me that couldn't have been easier. I had overheard him using Hyper Pump earlier, so I knew he was playing SwampEX. Unfortunately for him, all he could get out there was 2 Wobbuffets. I got R/S Swampert by turn 3 and took out both of them without getting KO'd once.
Record: 2-0

3rd Match: Eddie C.
My good buddy Eddie was running his MI State Champion deck, and I feared the worst. I was right, I couldn't get much of an opening hand. I managed a Swampert by turn 3, but his next move was a Kindgra EX, Boosted, I couldn't get anything after that. GG Eddie.
Record: 2-1

4th Match: (His name escapes me but I've played him in events past)
This younger kid was running CattyTon with Flygon, but once again, I get so lucky, all he can muster is a Dunsparce, Magneton, and Skitty. Luckily for me, I got Swampert EX fast and cleaned house with his entire set of guys, all weak to Fighting.
Record: 3-1

5th Match: Ron W.
A match I was eager to play, I was feeling good about my current standing (2nd in the 15+ age division), and Ron was not far behind. He played a deck similar to Eddie's, but him and I decided to play and see how the other matches turned out. Two players we needed to win won, so we drew half way through the match (I would've won) so both of us could make the Final Four.
Record: 3-1-1

Semifinals: Ron W.
What are the chances? Me, Ron, Eddie C (who was undefeated), and a kid playing BlazeEX made the F4 in our division. Rather than recall the matches against Ron, I'll just say I picked up a couple of wins here.
I win 1st playoff, 2-0

Finals: (Kid playing Blaze/EX)
One thing I hate most, Blaziken and the decks that are centered around them. I was hoping I could get things going fast enough to take him out. The first match was an easy one for me, he had everything set up but no energy, while I had managed a quick Swampert EX through an Oracle. I took the first match. The next match, I had a good shot of winning, Magneton/Delcatty were out there, but I couldn't get anything going quick enough. He managed a powered up RayEX and I had nothing to defend against it. After that BlazeEX took out anything I tried. The third and final match just sucked for me. He had everything set up by turn three, I pumped up Marshtomp with 4 Energies, Swampert and Swampert EX in my hand, but I decided to wait as he played a Torchic with 2 Energies. I tried to call his bluff and banked on him not having a switch after I paralyzed his guy w/Sparce. The bluff failed, he KO'd my Marsh, I couldn't get anything after that.
I lose finals 1-2

So this was the closest I've ever been to first, so I couldn't be dissappointed with my performance. It woulda been nice to have the trophy/Origins package, but I'll settle for half a box of TM/TA. The day went well, managed 5th in the GBA Tourney, while my g/f made the F4 in her division but her SceptEX deck was surrounded by all Blaziken decks. Give her credit for making it that far against so much fire. She snagged 4th in the GBA tourney. Overall a lot of fun came outta this vacation, I can't wait to go to other events like this.

Member of Team Lafonte

Last edited by Absolution; 04-21-2004 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:17 AM
PokeMasterFlabface Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Indiana State Championships Tournament Report

Wow very nice Absolution, I like the new additions you made for your Swampert deck. You got lucky you didn't go against a Muk Ex/Umbreon deck, that deck is a real annoyer. But in your report you said you hade Dunsparces, but I don't see any in your decklist.

I like to wish you good luck on any other tournaments you play, and I hope you and your girlfriend get revenge on Blaziken.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:11 AM
Mega Man Offline
New Trainer

Wow, Congrats, 2nd place is nothing to laugh at. I pulled off 3rd at IL's State Championship, getting to the 2nd round of the T8.

Anyway, I might be seeing you at a future event, If you're going to either Michigan's Gym Challenge on May 9th or Indiana's Gym Challenge on May 15th, I'll see you there.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Experienced Trainer

Yeah I read the guy you versed Battle Report on the PokeGym forums. Yeah you guys had a very good fight in the end, but getting 2nd is real good for a State Championshio. Now all you go to go for is the Gym Challenge, you never know you could win at that one.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:50 AM
Absolution Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Absolution

Quote:
Anyway, I might be seeing you at a future event, If you're going to either Michigan's Gym Challenge on May 9th or Indiana's Gym Challenge on May 15th, I'll see you there.
We'll probably be attending at least one of those, if not both. The MI one falls on Mother's Day, gotta see how that pans out. If not the Indiana one is proabably our next best bet. Hope to see you there!

EDIT: Flabface, do you think you could post a link to the thread on PokeGym you saw? And thx to everyone for all the nice comments too Congrats to everyone who played in these Nation-wide events as well, it's always great to know there are still dedicated Poke-fans out there

Member of Team Lafonte

Last edited by Absolution; 04-21-2004 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:40 AM
Experienced Trainer

Sorry about the major delay, here is the link:

http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=6139

The battle was fought well.