Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-06-2004, 10:04 AM
eastlander Offline
New Trainer

Default Suggestions for my all-defensive FR/LG team

I'm building up my FR/LG team. My idea is to build a tough team with decent attack power to outlast my opponents. I have selected five pokemons already...

Trait: Synchronize
- Mean Look
- Confuse Ray
- Toxic
- Moonlight

Talking about tough pokemons....you just cannot miss the classic trapper

Trait: Overgrow
- Frenzy Plant
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder (how about Leech Seed/Giga Drain?)
- Synthesis

Venusaur has good stats and come with a natural healing move. On top of it, Frenzy Plant gives Venusaur a powerful attack instead of the Sunny Day + Solarbeam combo. I don't know if Sleep Powder is such a good idea though, would like to know your suggestions

Trait: Water Absorb
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Haze
- Wish

Okay okay I promise that you won't see another eeveeation here. Vaporeon just fit so well into my team. Hazer, high HP and wish (which I believe can be passed to Vaporeon by egg moves) to make the best use of it.

Trait: Early Bird
- Return
- Brick Break
- Shadow Ball
- Rest

Yep I picked Kangaskhan over the oober Snorlax. Kangaskhan has high HP to make the best use of its Early Bird + Rest combo. Perhaps it's not a bad idea to replace one attack with a stat-boosting move, but I like the variety of attack types....

Trait: Insomnia
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Reflect
- Light Screen

I believe that pseudopasser work well with my team. Hypno gets my vote because it is a psychic. It help to cover my weakness against fighters (Umbreon, Kangaskhan) and destroy brick-breakers if it is a fighting pokemon. Hypno also has good HP and defence.

Now question time: what do you think about my team? And which pokemon would you suggest for the final slot?

Dragonite, Crobat, Tyranitar...I just cannot make up my mind.

Thanks in advance ^_^

Old 03-06-2004, 10:34 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge
Default Re: Suggestions for my all-defensive FR/LG team

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastlander
I'm building up my FR/LG team. My idea is to build a tough team with decent attack power to outlast my opponents. I have selected five pokemons already...

No man, RSLG is all about sweeping fast, so it's a good idea to make an all sweeper team rather than an all defensive team

Trait: Synchronize
- Mean Look
- Confuse Ray
- Toxic
- Moonlight

Talking about tough pokemons....you just cannot miss the classic trapper

Yes, but NOT as a starter. Attach Leftovers/Lum Berry. Substitute over something, maybe MLook

Trait: Overgrow
- Frenzy Plant
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder (how about Leech Seed/Giga Drain?)
- Synthesis

Venusaur has good stats and come with a natural healing move. On top of it, Frenzy Plant gives Venusaur a powerful attack instead of the Sunny Day + Solarbeam combo. I don't know if Sleep Powder is such a good idea though, would like to know your suggestions

This is no defensive mon... Anyway, Leech Seed, Substitute, Synthesis, Giga Drain/Bomb

Trait: Water Absorb
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Haze
- Wish

Okay okay I promise that you won't see another eeveeation here. Vaporeon just fit so well into my team. Hazer, high HP and wish (which I believe can be passed to Vaporeon by egg moves) to make the best use of it.

Protect over Ice Beam. Attach Leftovers btw

Trait: Early Bird
- Return
- Brick Break
- Shadow Ball
- Rest

Yep I picked Kangaskhan over the oober Snorlax. Kangaskhan has high HP to make the best use of its Early Bird + Rest combo. Perhaps it's not a bad idea to replace one attack with a stat-boosting move, but I like the variety of attack types....

Swords Dance(or whatever) over SBall, sub over Rest and attach Leftovers. I'm not fond of Rest whatsoever in RS

Trait: Insomnia
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Toxic, Attract(Female), Calm Mind/Counter, Psychic/Frustration. Attach Leftovers.

I believe that pseudopasser work well with my team. Hypno gets my vote because it is a psychic. It help to cover my weakness against fighters (Umbreon, Kangaskhan) and destroy brick-breakers if it is a fighting pokemon. Hypno also has good HP and defence.

Now question time: what do you think about my team? And which pokemon would you suggest for the final slot?

Dragonite, Crobat, Tyranitar...I just cannot make up my mind.

Thanks in advance ^_^
Last slot: CRADILY(My 1337 annoyer/tank/killer)

Rock Slide
Confuse Ray
Toxic
Recover
@ Leftovers
EV train max defense and spc.def, remaining goes to HP. gg everybody, i killed many mons with this.