Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:16 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Exclamation Roleplaying Olympics Information

There comes a time when human kind must reach beyond their origional grasp, to prove their worth. History is filled with conflicts, battles, and wars; all meant to show who's better, who's stronger. Yet, war breeds disease, weariness, poverty, everything that releases the darkest parts of ourselves. Only in peace and cooperation can we truly test ourselves and our abilities. And so, we have the Olympics.

Based on sportsmanship and friendly competition, the Roleplaying Olympics is the arena where the top pokemon forums on the internet can compete. Here, the best of each message board will show their skills to the world. Here, exist the elite of the elite. Yet, only one forum will achieve victory, only one forum will climb to the top of the mountain. Throught cooperation, unity, strength, honor, cunning, and dignity can victory be achieved. I wish each and every one of you goodluck.

Pokemon Community (Host)

Participating Forums
- Pokemon Community
- Pokemon Elite 2000 Forum
- Pokemon Fan Universe Forums
- Pokeschool Forums
- Serebii.net Forums

Representatives and Judges
Pokemon Community
Judge: Sapphire Latios
Participant: 100 Marios
Participant: Raichu_tamer

Pokemon Elite 2000 Forum
Judge: Kenny C.002
Participant: ElimN8
Participant: Catriona
Alternate: Cutemew

Pokemon Fan Universe Forums
Judge: Mai
Participant: SilverUmbreon
Participant: BlueEyesPikachu
Alternate: Asukura

Pokeschool Forums
Judge: Nemesis
Participant: Gary Oak
Participant: Praetoritevong

Serebii.net Forums
Judge: Dias
Participant: Bluesey
Participant: Hakerius
Alternate: Aphrode

Organization
Each Roleplaying Olympic season will last for one month. Between each season will be a two week resting period where each forum may take a break, prepare, and ready oneself for the next season. The Olympics will take place in different forums, rotating with each season like the real Olympics. The order of hosting will be based alphabetically.

For the First Season, Pokemon Community will be hosting.

Each forum will send 2 representatives that will roleplay. Some forums will also choose an alternate, in case the one of the two chosen representatives is unable to continue roleplaying. Also, each forum will choose an unbiased judge that will grade the ability of each roleplayer that participates.

The Administrators and Moderators of each forum will choose who will represent their forum based on any method they choose.

Roleplaying Rules
The rules of the roleplay are relatively simple. No bunnying (taking control of another person's character). Each participant will also have to submit a form to inform the judges on their characters. Usually, forums have other rules like no Godmoding or posting short sentences, but seeing as the roleplayers will be the cream of the crop and will be judged on how they roleplay, I believe this will not be a problem. Giving a little freedom to test their ability to limit themselves.

The theme of the actual roleplay used will be up to the judge of the hosting forum and myself.

Judging
The judges will score each roleplayer on a 10 point scale. They will judge the roleplayer based on creativity, length, activeness, style, grammer, reality, and comprehension. Each week, the judges will submit their score and the average for each person will be awarded to them. Since there are 4 weeks, each roleplayer will have 4 scores, one for each week. These 4 scores will be added up together to form the roleplayer's score. The total score of each representative team will create the forum score. Whichever forum has the highest total score, wins that season of the Olympics.

Rules of the Current Hosting Forum
The representatives and judges of the forums will be required to obey the rules of the forum outside of the Roleplaying Olympics thread. This includes posts, avatars, names, etc...

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post here.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 05-11-2004 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:57 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge
Default Re: Roleplaying Olympics Information

Cutemew as Alternate? Uh... Right :-\ No offense.

The Olympics will be held at Gengar and Haunter's Forum? Uh...Cool, I guess :\
Old 04-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Hey...I thought I was an Alternate too....
Old 04-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix

The Olympics have a turn-table-like system Raik; they go from one board to another..
Old 04-21-2004, 03:07 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Okay. Just want to know teh actual URL to the sites. I dont' know them. lol
Old 04-21-2004, 05:37 AM
Aiya Quackform Offline
Experienced Trainer

Cool! I am soooo excited!!! BTW, my username isn't Castform anymore, it's Aiya Quackform over at GHPF. You can ask IDL if you want. Just to avoid confusion.

But this idea of a role playing olympics is really cool! It should motivate newer RPers to improve their skills. You guys are lucky with all the RPers you have. I know a few forums that aren't so lucky. These Olypmics are a great idea, and kudos to whoever came up with idea. HKim, I presume?

Old 04-21-2004, 06:06 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renna
Cool! I am soooo excited!!! BTW, my username isn't Castform anymore, it's Aiya Quackform over at GHPF. You can ask IDL if you want. Just to avoid confusion.

But this idea of a role playing olympics is really cool! It should motivate newer RPers to improve their skills. You guys are lucky with all the RPers you have. I know a few forums that aren't so lucky. These Olypmics are a great idea, and kudos to whoever came up with idea. HKim, I presume?

Heh. Yes, I suppose. The origional idea was of a competition in several kinds of sections between forums, but the best approach was with a single section. Good to start small and build.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Khashoggi Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Khashoggi Send a message via MSN to Khashoggi

I'm sure I'm excited about all this, but Harry, I've already mentioned my opinion on the length of the roleplay... I just don't think people are going to be able to keep up the same standards for a month on end. And it's hardly much of an event if it's going on most of the time, is it? People are gonna get bored of it... you'll not find nearly as much support after a couple of seasons. I can guarantee it.

Bleh, you didn't listen to me the first time. Why don't we hand my place to CM?

Last edited by Khashoggi; 05-08-2004 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:59 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Why don't we have an open Participation round? We could see the real potential of participants instead of them winning by popularity. This is directed at none of the participants, but I think voting is just...wrong.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Khashoggi Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
Why don't we have an open Participation round? We could see the real potential of participants instead of them winning by popularity. This is directed at none of the participants, but I think voting is just...wrong.
Bleh, I can see what you mean, but if you want to find out the RPing abilities of individuals then it'd be a much more sensible idea to hold an RP "audition" for anyone who wants to be in with a chance and judge from that.

After speaking to you on AIM, Harry... Fine, I'm not planning to drop out, but I still want to shoot you.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:26 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Change of plans. GHPF has dropped from the Olympics. Because they were originally hosting the Olympics, the new host is now Pokemon Community.

Judges and participants, I ask that you register on that forum. Afterwards, please go to the Roleplaying Olympics Information Thread in the Roleplay Section and post that you have registered. This way, I know that you're ready to roleplay or judge. Here's a link:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7892
Old 05-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Satou Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Satou

I'll be rooting for you guys! ^_^

My only question is how can get in as an alternate or something? I'll have to practice Role Playing Pokemon more then DRoP now because this sounds like something I'd like to do someday.

~Chikyuu no Mirai, Gouhoshi suru, nya!~
~Avy=Lemon-san~
Old 05-17-2004, 05:14 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satou
I'll be rooting for you guys! ^_^

My only question is how can get in as an alternate or something? I'll have to practice Role Playing Pokemon more then DRoP now because this sounds like something I'd like to do someday.

Well, while this time we voted for our representatives, the next season, I plan to hold "try-outs". I suggest practicing your roleplaying here in the forum. Perhaps even check out the Olympics thread and see how the other forums roleplay. Anyone can be the best, if they really try.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Khashoggi Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim
Well, while this time we voted for our representatives, the next season, I plan to hold "try-outs". I suggest practicing your roleplaying here in the forum. Perhaps even check out the Olympics thread and see how the other forums roleplay. Anyone can be the best, if they really try.
Try-outs? You mean, people are actually going to be tested on their RPing skills? x_x; Scheiße... I was hoping I'd just be able to use biased votes again.

... well, I'm looking forward to checking out other members' RPing skills, anyway. ^^