Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Interactive Boards Creative Writing Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:12 AM
WdrngWrdWvr Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

WWW here, just hoping to coerce as many of you budding fanficcers to have a quick squiz at my fanfics, Dragonagi, Dragonagi 2 and 3.

They are completely original works, that i have taken long tumultuous hours in writing for your pleasure. I have now compiled a total of well over 20 chapters and without a single comment, but mind you, with over 100 views, which is great!

Anyone daring enough to actually take on the challenge of reading the story in its entirity, please dont hesitate to comment inside the topic itself. I love feedback, for without it, i wouldnt be half as passable at writing as i am today.

Even if i can convince a couple of you to simply put my story on your "To read" lists, you wont be dissappointed, let me assure you.
Thanks from the bottom of my heart in advance.
Your local... Wondering Word Weaver. *Throws an explosive smoke pellet on the ground at his feet... the smoke dissipates revealing me still scuttling away to await your comments*

Last edited by WdrngWrdWvr; 03-30-2004 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Dr Skottie Offline

Send a message via MSN to Dr Skottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WdrngWrdWvr
WWW here, just hoping to coerce as many of you budding fanficcers to have a quick squiz at my fanfics, Dragonagi, Dragonagi 2 and 3.

They are completely original works, that i have taken long tumultuous hours in writing for your pleasure. I have now compiled a total of well over 20 chapters and without a single comment, but mind you, with over 100 views, which is great!

Anyone daring enough to actually take on the challenge of reading the story in its entirity, please dont hesitate to comment inside the topic itself. I love feedback, for without it, i wouldnt be half as passable at writing as i am today.

Even if i can convince a couple of you to simply put my story on your "To read" lists, you wont be dissappointed, let me assure you.
Your local... Wondering Word Weaver. *Throws an explosive smoke pellet on the ground at his feet... the smoke dissipates revealing me still scuttling away to await your comments*
Hey WWW, I started reading your story a week or 2 ago and I was instantly impressed. If you check out the Fan Fic Awards I voted for you twice I think. I think you should be very proud as I have only read til about Chapter 3ish. Your story is impressive. I encourage everyone to have a look at it...
Have you read any of the other stories? You should check out an Adventure of a Lifetime, Mike Ketchums Pokemon Journey, and anything by KCash, Neo Pikachu, HoundourMaster, Renna umm... hmm theres too many. Just read them all!

Last edited by Dr Skottie; 03-30-2004 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix

I might not post for a small period of time, as I started to post my story at Serebii. In retrospect, I want to get both forums almost equal before I continue posting here (PE2K in advacne of course! :D)

What'sa dragoni? o_o
Old 03-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I've finished posting chapter 6 of The Blazing Skies. Just about everything changes in this chapter. Symarix will never be the same...

Enjoy it, I might be able to get another one up soon, hopefully tonight.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:50 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KCash

Hey guys! Just wanted to remind you all that the awards end tomorrow night so hurry and get your nominations in if you havent already!

Old 03-30-2004, 11:44 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:

I have been reading Dragonagi and it is a very well detailed story and a very original idea. It is a bit difficult to keep track who is who but its still a great story. My only dissappointment was where Galita battles Ash. I expected a detailed climatic clash between the two trainers but it was over in a paragraph. But that isn't too hard to fix.

Best way to get more responses to your fic is to read and respond to the fics of other people. When authors see you're reading their story and commenting on it, they'll return the favor. But it looks great so far, nice job on it!

Old 03-31-2004, 01:11 AM
WdrngWrdWvr Offline
New Trainer

O.o! Awesome feedback guys. Take it for law, I'm going to do everything you've just asked me to. Consider your fanfics read. Consider the Ash/Galita battle revamped. The best thing about feedback, is recieving quality feedback.

My reasons for cutting the battle scenes so short, and in particular the Ash battle scene are these.

Ash is "The chosen One". A Title he tends to carry lightly. But all the same, he is immensly popular, being the main charactor of a childrens era. He is also, i'd hate to admit it, past all his luck, poor judgement and weak Pokemon, a decent battler. In the anime, probably one of the very best...potentially.

This is why i showed him as little possible detail as i could. I wanted to show his insignificance to the main charactors of my story. They didnt care who this guy was. They had a mission to complete. Thats reason number one.

You'll notice i shared the same "One paragraph" philosophy with pretty much every battle. In case you didnt notice... the story is big. In fact... its not a fan fiction, its a frikkin novel. So i had to cut down on many things.... most saddening was cutting down on describing the outlay of certain scenes.. like jungles, forests, swamps, buildings and such. I can really describe a scene well, but had to cut ALOT of it out. Which bums me a bit. The reasons for cutting them is that who is going to spend over an hour reading a fan fic? People open up fanfic topics expecting something short and sweet. So thats why i cut most battle scenes so short which really isnt my style.

Thanks Dr Skottie, Neo Pikachu and everyone else for reading.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:36 AM
HondoomMaster Offline

Send a message via AIM to HondoomMaster

well WWw I am on chapter 4 and I love the fic. I am sorry that u had to do that, but oif you have to write a novel do it. I love seeing long fics. Keep up.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:52 PM
WdrngWrdWvr Offline
New Trainer

Just finished reading 31 chapters of An Adventure of a Lifetime in a row and whoa.... very smooth, very well structured and true to the game/anime.

Yet while its based on the games and anime, its still very original, very unique on its own. I love Storm, always good to have a rival who's not as dasterdly as Gary was in the anime. He's very likeable. Bon is cute too. I love the Pokemon choices for Kevin. Although i was devestated when Charmeleon was sent back to the daycare. Shame on you XD.

And his relationship with his father should be something to look foward to.... should it ever be revealed in depth. *Hopes so* Lance is my fave charactor from the anime/games by far! *Drools at his cewlness*

Congratulations Dr Skottie. You've created a cewl Story. Now onto another of the more popular ones... *Strains eyes*
Old 03-31-2004, 10:23 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KCash

Well I finally finished posting back up Chikorita Adventures. Not a lot of people have read it while being reposted since it was read back in the old PE2K forum days. I still needed to post it up though, especially since the sequel will come around quite soon after Sacred Flame and NiM 2 is finished. And believe me, it will be a great one with your favorite--Ty, having the main role. So anyways, there is something to look forward too.

Onto bigger and better things, more of Nightmare in Mauville 2: Ultimate Sins will be up shortly as we go past the half point line for the fic. I dont want to sadden the viewers that hope this one is better then the first so I will add a few more kills in there but remember, my horror fics are like big novels... they are more like movies so they dont last a long time. Anyways, check it out tonight for Tiffany meets a character from the FIRST fic.

As for other fics around the forums, I reccomend Saya's Learning the Heal to Hurt. It has great description and the storyline seems to be coming along great! Keep up the great work Saya!

Also, remember that the awards end in just a few hours and to go there again to vote for the FINAL winners! Congrats to those who are nominated and good luck to those finalists!

Old 03-31-2004, 10:31 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Scorch Ry
Smile Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Well, I updated my fanfiction...though, few people are reading my story. Just because I posted this story on SPP Forums first doesn't mean I have betrade off of you...anyways, I hope someone reads it and likes it.

-Aleyquala

GAME DATA & ANALYSIS COMING VERY SOON.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:50 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Okay, I need advice from you expert writers.

Recently, I have recieved feedback on my fanfic Alternate, stating that the names I gave my characters are, in short, horrible. They don't fit the plot and o not seem realistic. The names are rediculous and insufficient.

Even furthur, he stated that my time travel plot would be difficult to understand and complete, seeing as you simply can't erase time, at least from our viewpoint. It doesn't work that way.

And so... I face a decision. This seemingly blantent, yet constructive critism, hows placed me in a predicament. I based those characters after those of roleplayers in the war rp. It might benefit me to change their names, but would that be better or worst for the story? I'm not sure and I don't know what to do about it. As for the temporal problem, I have that fixed.

As I read some of your fics, I realized that mine... well... takes forever to get through. Everything in it is detail and longevity, but is that too much for a fanfic? Should I cut it down so that chapters are 5 or 6 posts long? I don't know..

So, any advice or criticism will be helpful. Before I proceed with the story, I want to know both the good and bad points, otherwise, I'm doomed to repeat my mistakes. Thankyou.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:47 AM
Aiya Quackform Offline
Experienced Trainer

To HKim: I personally haven't read your fic, but I can tell you that for dedicated Fic writers, going into too much detail is VERY easy. Basic rule of thumb is this. Does it contribute to the plot? Does is it develope characters? Other than that and BASIC descs of surroundings should be eliminated.

Old 04-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Dr Skottie Offline

Send a message via MSN to Dr Skottie

Quote:
Just finished reading 31 chapters of An Adventure of a Lifetime in a row and whoa.... very smooth, very well structured and true to the game/anime.

Yet while its based on the games and anime, its still very original, very unique on its own. I love Storm, always good to have a rival who's not as dasterdly as Gary was in the anime. He's very likeable. Bon is cute too. I love the Pokemon choices for Kevin. Although i was devestated when Charmeleon was sent back to the daycare. Shame on you XD.

And his relationship with his father should be something to look foward to.... should it ever be revealed in depth. *Hopes so* Lance is my fave charactor from the anime/games by far! *Drools at his cewlness*

Congratulations Dr Skottie. You've created a cewl Story. Now onto another of the more popular ones... *Strains eyes*
Hey WWW, thanks so much for this. Now this is feedback. Actually I'm very happy with this thread now. There is lots of really good feedback and critiscms now, which is good! I'm glad you like my fic. I'll try and make an effort to read more of yours. There should be more AAOAL up in the next day or 2. Keep an eye out...
Old 04-02-2004, 02:35 AM
HondoomMaster Offline

Send a message via AIM to HondoomMaster

I have posted to Nick's Pokemon Journey again. The battle between cousin and cousin is on. Nick is going against Misty and he will hope to get his second badge.

Also most of you are probably thinking, HM what happened to Comin to Life? Well rest asured that it will return Monday about 8 P.M., I have been working on it for all your guys viewing pleasure. The war has begone and the prophecy has been told, with Ash, Gary, Nick, and Tina can ake fulfill it? I will leave you witth that to think about.