Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Interactive Boards Ľ Creative Writing Ľ Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 04-20-2005, 03:24 AM
Ace Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ace Send a message via MSN to Ace
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Well, I must admit, there has been an influx of Fan Fictions that were evidently done inadequately. Iím actually, in the long run, pretty optimistic about this action. Sure, it did likely scare a few others and me at first, but at least we know to actually give our Fan Fictions more attention. Some of us can actually start to read their own fictions a second time or three (or four, in my case) and only then will be able to fine, understand, revise and edit their mistakes to make them a bit more in the professional side. Even if people did read their stories a few times, this post probably strains them to check a few more times and maybe give a lot of focus reading Ė much more than they normally had.

Iíve noticed sentence structure is what tears people down the most. Eh, well, you canít blame them directly. With things like AIM around people are getting used to short, sweet, maybe not grammatically correct Ė but readable!

Actually, I myself use correct grammar in AIM, but Iím the dime of the dozen, as Iíve been told by RL friends.

Some people just need to get used to the fact that Fan Fictions are quite formal. If they want to write in a relaxed, informal way, they have Other Chat in PE2K, AIM, MSN, and YIM.

I guess, after much thinking, we do need some more law and order around Fan Fiction.

Heh, this is already helping me a bit.

I would have posted a few more times in Kingdom Come for the next few days and realize a long time afterwards that I screwed up at start. Then Iíd slap myself in embarrassment.

Old 04-20-2005, 07:33 AM
MichaelCorleone Offline
New Trainer

Iíve noticed that, since no one has criticised my fic ďSin CityĒ, itís now on page two of this forum. Would someone please review it? Surely if itís so bad that you donít want to read all of it, it would be more helpful to everyone here if you told me that.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:06 AM
Dr Skottie Offline

Send a message via MSN to Dr Skottie

Hey everyone, its been awhile, I must say. So yeah, I've been thinking, I'm seriously considering to stop writing An Adventure of a Lifetime.

I have been listening to quite a few people who have written serious reviews about it and I can see now that my story is seriously flawed, plot wise.

Some of the characters aren't that good either. Despite Kevin winning the best male character award twice, a lot of people seem not to like him because he is too perfect, or cuz he is too pig-headed. Also the way he favours Pikachu over his other characters especially Feraligatr, his first pokemon. Many people question Jacob as a character full stop. The way he joined, the way he's a carbon copy of Brock. Also the way Ice is too 1 sided, just evil for the sake of being evil with no real motive behind it.

Everyone seems to agree that my descriptions, especially for battles, are top notch, and I'm very proud of them. However I can't build a story around battles, it needs to be built around characters.

So yeah unless I meet some serious objection to me quitting this story, i'll stop writing it, or at least put it on hold. I would really like some feedback from this. Real feedback. Not just "No way, don't stop, its an awesome story" cuz I know thats a lie. My story is so weak, especially the characters.

I could just write another story, but I only write trainer fics. So if you have ideas for me, like what league, what kind of character you want, pokemon, stuff like that.

What should I do?!?!?!

Thanx everyone, peace out
Old 04-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Suisho Ai Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Suisho Ai

i like it when there are characters of both genders. Not necessarily a love story, but, a bit like Ash and Misty, two characters of opposite genders that fight all the time but deep down are really good friends
Lv 100 @ 400posts
Old 04-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Skottie
I could just write another story, but I only write trainer fics. So if you have ideas for me, like what league, what kind of character you want, pokemon, stuff like that.
Well, just make sure that you put enough plot twists or blend it with another genre. Original Trainer fics by themselves will pretty much be ignored.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:00 AM
MichaelCorleone Offline
New Trainer

Ok guys. I admit I havenít reviewed anyone elseís stories. So if I criticise yours will you criticise mine? Please. Personally I donít think it should work that way but if thatís what it takes to get some attention put on my fic then thatís what Iíll do. I know itís got a lot of posts close together, and thatís hard to read, but thatís only because no one spaced it out by posting reviews. Iíll even accept flames but please give me some feedback on my fic.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I just finished the first part of my story. -Watches as everyone dies of shock.- xDD I would like to know what you peopel think about it before I go on.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Channel Delibird Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Channel Delibird Send a message via MSN to Channel Delibird Send a message via Yahoo to Channel Delibird

I'll be having a look at that, then, fairly soon. One note: you might want to change the title to avoid confusions with AAOAL. Also, Chapter 2 of the PokeRUS will be up on the weekend! =D

Channel Delibird
A.K.A. Vex, also formerly: Poke the North!; Diboofm Efmjcjse

Current Soul Silver team

Caracas, Las Vegas, Babylon, Chennai, Napoli, Wollongong
Old 04-22-2005, 06:41 AM
MichaelCorleone Offline
New Trainer

Sorry but if you can't be bothered to tell me what you think of mine I can't be bothered to tell you what I think of yours. I certainly hope people don't ignore your fic Captain Charisma, like they ignored mine.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Ace Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ace Send a message via MSN to Ace

Continued "Kingdom Come" Chapter 1, I kinda enjoy writing it.

I think you can expect another continuation of the chapter tonight.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:47 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

FICS TO READ
Trial of Juno II
Surfacing Conviction
Journey of a Lifetime
A Kanto Co-ordinator
Mike Ketchum's Pokemon Journey
The PokeRUS
Whirl Island Adventures
The Pokemon Card Generator (although I'm sorta losing interest in it)
Any other promising fic

Sorry if I don't get to all the fics on this list. Also, I'll work on the rest of chapter 5 of HMW. It should be up by the end of next week.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:50 AM
MichaelCorleone Offline
New Trainer

Fine. If it was your intention to make sure I never post on this site again, youíve successeded admirably. Iím going to delete Pokemon Elite 2000 from my favourites folder now.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCorleone
Fine. If it was your intention to make sure I never post on this site again, youíve successeded admirably. Iím going to delete Pokemon Elite 2000 from my favourites folder now.
Uh... there's no need to be rash like that. Someone might check out your fic.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Kayden JavlaŪakŪn Offline

Okay, back on subject...

I have started a new a brand new fic "The Battle for the Rose".

This is a pokemon-war based fic, that....er, don't want to spoil it..

Anyway, I have just posted Chapter II: Attack!!.
There's a link in my sig if you feel like checking it out. Constructive critisisum(sorry for spelling it wrong) is greatly appreciated.

yeah yeah yeah
Old 04-23-2005, 11:59 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I'll be working on my Fic as soon as the computer get's fixed...yet again.