Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 03-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Scorch Ry
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Well, more trainer fics would be nice, but perhaps a few one-shots, followed by a horror or suspence-type fic would be nice. I'm thinking about posting my one-shots here, so you guys can read the emotional pain and struggles of them. >>;

GAME DATA & ANALYSIS COMING VERY SOON.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Channel Delibird Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Channel Delibird Send a message via MSN to Channel Delibird Send a message via Yahoo to Channel Delibird

Actually, I haven't done a horror fic before. That could be quite interesting to do...keep the ideas coming!

Anyway, I'd enjoy reading some of your one-shots. Personally, I'm not a big fan of writing them because I prefer plots you can follow and wait for the next instalments of, but it'd make some good reading, considering your previous fics.

Channel Delibird
A.K.A. Vex, also formerly: Poke the North!; Diboofm Efmjcjse

Current Soul Silver team

Caracas, Las Vegas, Babylon, Chennai, Napoli, Wollongong
Old 03-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Why thanks, Delibird. I just posted one called Secrets, which no other forum has read except here first. I'm going to post it at SPPf once the forums come back, and I won't be here for a little bit, since I'm running the PokeOscars Fan-Fiction Awards over there. >> Anyways, I'd appreciate some reviews for my one-shot. And Delibird, I'll try to think up some plots for horror-fics...

Old 03-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

I hope to have the rest of chapter 10 of HMW2 by today.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Channel Delibird Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Channel Delibird Send a message via MSN to Channel Delibird Send a message via Yahoo to Channel Delibird

I just read Secrets, and I'm impressed. It's haunting, poignant and conveys the emotions extremely well. I wish I'd written it.

On the note of the horror fic, I've come up with some sort of plot base which I'm starting to work on - thanks for the suggestion, it should work out well!

Channel Delibird

Current Soul Silver team

Old 03-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel Delibird
I just read Secrets, and I'm impressed. It's haunting, poignant and conveys the emotions extremely well. I wish I'd written it.

On the note of the horror fic, I've come up with some sort of plot base which I'm starting to work on - thanks for the suggestion, it should work out well!
Thanks, Delibird; I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Now, maybe you could post a review in the thread..^^; Anyways, if you think that was haunting, wait until you read "A Pink Sea" & "Shadow Beauty". Those are my best morbid one-shots.

Old 03-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

Well, chapter 10 of HMW2 is done.

Also, I finally realized that a lot of the people who review my fic aren't being honest enough. By that, I mean that I get too much praise and not enough constructive criticism. While I appreciate the praise, I'm beginning to think that everyone here is spoiling me instead of helping me.

So, from now on, point out any BAD points of my fan fic as well as the good. That way, I can have something to improve on in the next chapter instead of assuming that it's fine the way it is.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Channel Delibird Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Point taken, JIG - and putting that in a topic and pinning it was an extremely good move IMO.

On a different subject, here's a little taster of the first chapter of my fic, entitled "The PokeRUS"...

Quote:
"It looks like your Absol has contracted the PokeRUS, that's all."

"The what?" Nathan asked, brow wrinkled with confusion, hands on hips, eyes continually darting from PokeBall to Nurse Joy.

"The PokeRUS. It's a beneficial virus," explained the pink-haired nurse, "that, for a couple of days, increases the battle abilities of the infected Pokemon. It's contagious, so you might see the other Pokemon in your party get it too. There's nothing to worry about - it'll help you when you battle in the Gym tomorrow.
"Although, I don't know what to make of those red paws...I've never seen the PokeRUS do that before - but mind you, it's very rare, and I've never seen an infected Absol before, so it might just be the effect it has on that species of Pokemon. But if anything strange happens, come back and let me know." Joy smiled sympathetically, returning Nathan his PokeBall. The young trainer nodded and thanked her, before walking out of the Pokemon Center and into Vermilion City.

The air was quite cold that night, and as Nathan told Absol, which he let out to walk with him, it was only going to get worse there, as Vermilion was by the sea. He decided to spend the night in Celadon City, where there was a warm hotel. "Come on, Absol," he murmured, "let's take the Underground Passage."

Nathan led the way just out of the North entrance, his Pokemon trailing silently behind him. They said nothing else until they descended the stairs into the passage to Celadon, when the silence was broken by Nathan.

"Looks like you're going to totally wipe out Lt. Surge tomorrow, huh, Absol," he said, not looking behind him at his Absol.

That turned out to be quite the mistake.

As it followed him, red-tinged feet padding quietly along the subway floor, the Absol never took its eyes off the position on Nathan's back where his left shoulderblade ended. For half an hour it waited, and now it had its chance. Nathan stopped still for a moment, hand stroking his bare chin, and chatting amiably to his Pokemon about his strategy for tomorrow's Gym battle.

When its trainer stopped moving, Absol at once pounced, springing with remarkably little noise, and in one swift movement, slashed under Nathan's shoulderblade with the cerrated blade on its head.

The only noise Nathan made was that of his body hitting the tunnel floor.

Channel Delibird

Current Soul Silver team

Old 03-07-2005, 11:03 PM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KCash

I wish it was the good old days and I could say "for ALL those people reading MY fic..." but sadly these arent the old days so for those two peoples or maybe even one person... even though it looks like Quest of a Champion is coming to a close... it will be awhile. My time always went to playing bass and drums.. and sadly school, now put a job in there which I will be putting 25 hours a week in at. That leaves me no time to write until spring break comes. Sorry to announce this but we will have to wait and see when I have time. I was really hoping to get it finished soon. Sorry to you people or person. KCash signing off...

Old 03-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I'm glad you appreciate what I said. After an icident that happened over the weekend and reading FinalThunder's fic, I decided that this part of the forum has gotten rather lazy in terms of reviews.

I think I'll also redo some of the rules thread here (as well as posting some consequences in case). I'll let Mario know about this too.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:23 PM
IceKing Offline
Experienced Trainer

I was a good reviewer for FinalThunder right Hoeenmirrorgirl?

I know I said I would stop posting Whirl Island Quest if I didnt get any replies, well I lied. I just put up the funniest chapter in the story (so far) This chapter marks the turning point of the story when it becomes completely twisted. And if you read, PLEASE REVIEW! I know that Ive gotten lots of views without reviews. Its one of the most annoying things an author feels knowing he's posting to thin air.

WARNING:The next chapter of Whirl Island quest has a drug reference AND a very very perverted pokemon. If you do not like those and plan to read my chapter skip over the first two battles in it.

Im going to post another fic up to called Wanzewald Pokemon Contests. Its nothing short of pure hilarity and parody of the pokemon anime. If your tired of the same monotonous repetive anime I suggest you read it
Old 03-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKing
I was a good reviewer for FinalThunder right Hoeenmirrorgirl?
*slaps IceKing* HOW DARE YOU DEGRADE YOURSELF AFTER WRITING SUCH...AWESOMENESS AS THAT?!

Uh... I mean, it's one of the best reviews I've ever seen.

Just wondering, have you checked out Hoenn Mirror World I and II? Basically after rereading the first, I wanted to know what I'm doing wrong.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:37 AM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Meh, I have a one-shot out called "Secrets" and a story called "Bloodstained Swords". Hopefully, few people will get around to reviewing them so they don't get pruned in the Fan-Fiction Boards.

Old 03-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun

Well, I've posted the first chapter of a new fic I've just started called "A Distant Plea".

Hopefully you guys like it, although I think that it may be a little short, but I'm sure that future chapters will be slightly bigger.

Anyways, before anyone asks, no, we haven't met the main character of the story yet.

In fact, he'll be getting a major introduction in chapter 2, I guess the first chapter is just laying down the lines and explaining the past.

Anyways, I'll see ya' later with chapter 2 (hopefully)!

^_^, Dan
Old 03-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I just need to tell you that there won't be any more HMW2 for a while. I'll be working on my revision of Hoenn Mirror World 1 and 2, so the next time I update it, it'll be with the new stuff that will be on my HMW site.

However, you can expect more Johto Island Adventure and Orre Star Shuffle (both of which been inactive for WAY too long).

Plus, I need to read the latest input of Juno's latest fic, Sunfire and Mudburn, and Whirl Island Adventures.

Man, I have some work to do here.