Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:13 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
It was a pretty cool error if you ask me.

And yup. I enjoy your writing. =3 Just make sure you don't quit halfway through like some people do. ^^' I've seen it happen an awful lot.

Aww, that sounds cool! xD I'm not one for war stories...I really don't like them...but this sounds okay. ^^ I'll read it!
The war won't be the focus of the story, not at all (seeing as it only lasts two chapters of the twenty-one I have planned so far). It's important for some character development, and it gets the plot rolling, but just that. It was mentioned in the summary because it takes place early in the story. ^^

The main focus of the story is really the feuding, distrust, and powers of the Legendary Pokemon. With so many Legendaries in the Pokemon World, it got me thinking: "Is it really possible for all of them to coexist peacefully as they keep the world balanced? Do they all share the same viewpoints when it comes to the world's problems such as war, humans, and how certain situations should be handled?" It got me thinking of the monarchy during George III's time in England and Parliment. After that, today, it also reminded me of how Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton were allies during the American Revolution yet after that, they became bitter enemies when it came to politics.

(lol, US history lesson to an Aussie xD)

My history class is so interesting. ._.;

Oh no, I'm trying, as hard as I can, to not give up on this. It happened to be numerous times before, once here in Pe2K about two years back (got to Chapter 6 In "Destiny's Tag" then lost interest). My friend made a movie poster for my story (too big to scan, lol), which rekindled my interest after months of not doing any chapter planning. xP

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 10-22-2009, 10:52 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Hey,

If anyone has the time, could someone go over this story and see if it's free of Pokemon references... I'm kinda suffering from word blindness atm, since I can't seem to read the story from memory every time I look over it.

Thanks.

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 03-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Redlark Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark

Totally Dark, I'll even review it afterwords. This doesn't mean I'm taking review requests, though.

If anyone is curious... I FINALLY wrote the last installment to Pika Pika Picnic. It's the one where Pikachu goes to Hell and back again, good fun. When I said I don't like to keep projects unfinished, I mean it... even it if it takes me 4 years
Old 03-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlark View Post
Totally Dark, I'll even review it afterwords. This doesn't mean I'm taking review requests, though.

If anyone is curious... I FINALLY wrote the last installment to Pika Pika Picnic. It's the one where Pikachu goes to Hell and back again, good fun. When I said I don't like to keep projects unfinished, I mean it... even it if it takes me 4 years
For four years I thought that was long dead. Nice to see it finally completed though.

As for me, I've been adding more to ToJ IV. Doesn't seem like too many people are still reading this series, but I'll definitely finish it eventually, and I'll try to make it as epic as I can.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Redlark Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark

*sigh* yeah... I still can't get over the whole 4 years thing I find it amusing to a pathetic reach. But yeah; I'm definitely going to look into ToJ, Neo. And I'll probably write a review for each installment of the entire series, somewhere along the lines. Either way; I'm back for good and finishing Green Shadows and As the Wind... But I have the feeling I'm going to rewrite GS and start anew. We'll see; I've got some good ideas that I never put down that I've been wanting to for a while now. Expect new stories in the coming year.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:08 PM
ashketchum Offline

Send a message via ICQ to ashketchum

I wish I could continue reading TOJIV but unfortunately I can't since my laptops battery is gone. I need a new one. For the mean time I am on here thanks to my cellular device.

Congratulations to finally completing Pika Pika Picnic Redlark!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Alpha Dialga Offline
New Trainer

I would like comments on my story that I posted. It is called,
The quest of Arceus: journey to a new homeworld(pokemon and zelda crossover)
Old 10-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Doodlebop Offline

I'll give it a looksee, Alpha Dialga. ^^ Did you say Pokemon and Zelda crossover? Hmm, interesting. It's unusual, but you might be able to make it work. Where is it?

Not like anyone cares what I think or anything.

Um, anyway. The reason I came here in the first place. I'm writing a fanfic that's sort of set in the future of the Pokemon world. It's... not a happy future, to say the least. The Pokemon are savage and seem to enjoy munching on humans, and all the arts have been lost, and so on and so forth. But there's a guy trying to correct it because a ghost girl tells him to. (Because that totally makes sense.) But for some reason, it doesn't seem to really involve Pokemon to me... It seems like they're tacked on, or something. Thoughts?

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links

Last edited by Doodlebop; 10-20-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Rival Silver Offline
Elite Trainer

Mmm, Thoughts, you ask...

Neutral... Wait I'm neutral at basically everything.

Seems to involve ghost pokemon, or atleast it should. Let's not make it a "bloodbath". Morales needed. Needs lots of emotions, preferablely sadness and regret (because I said so) "Why did it have to come to this!? I should have protected him!" seeing how theres apparently this "War" between man and pokemon if pokemon are EATING humans. Decent history, can't be "One day, a Magikarp was kicked, now packs of Houndooms burn down villiages and attack villagers" maybe some good Absol's in there as they are the "Disaster Pokemon" Needs a good conflict, but lets not make it something like "Leading the attack on Jubilife City is GENERAL HAPPINY." but not make it too simple as "Lord Darkrai". Seriously, Darkrai seems overused and I haven't read one fan fic yet.

Wait... If I haven't read any fan fics... Why am I being a skeptic..

<--- Credit to Doodlebop|Credit to Temporal Snake
Old 10-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Hmm, yeah, I was kind of going for the whole 'legends are destroyed, the balance is thrown' but looking at that, it's seems... Awfully cheesy. x.X I think I'll take this idea back to the drawing board and work on it a bit more. Thanks, Silver!

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 12-12-2010, 02:27 AM
NES2 Offline

OK, this is my first time really exploring the fanfiction section actively, along with actually writing a fanfic. Anyways, if you are reading this and have the time, read A Day In The Life Of A Koopa and write a review if possible. Any advice is appreciated, and I hope you enjoy these first few fics of mine.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Combine Advisor Offline
New Trainer

Hi, I'm writing a Pokemon fan fiction. Are there rules for the content in it? Also, I'd like to know what the maximum character length is for posts. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:12 AM
Giratina Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combine Advisor View Post
Hi, I'm writing a Pokemon fan fiction. Are there rules for the content in it? Also, I'd like to know what the maximum character length is for posts. Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure if there's rules for content, but I know that the maximum post length is 20,000 characters. It's not uncommon for people to make multiple posts for chapters, though, so don't feel like you have to work within that parameter.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 07-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Combine Advisor Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
I'm not sure if there's rules for content, but I know that the maximum post length is 20,000 characters. It's not uncommon for people to make multiple posts for chapters, though, so don't feel like you have to work within that parameter.
Thank you. I think I can work with 20,000 characters a post. And yeah, I'll post them in chapters, not all at once. The main question I had about content is that it's going to be leaning to older audiences, since I'm drawing inspiration from the story of some first person shooters I've played. Those are all mature games, so that's why I was questioning what limits I have. There's not going to be any copious expletives, but there is going to be violence. The storyline, characters, settings, and factions are definitely not for young audiences either. I'd say an audience of 17 years old are best suited for it. Is this okay?
Old 07-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Giratina Offline

By multiple posts for chapters, I meant that some people can go up to two or three posts for a single chapter. XD 20,000 characters seems like a lot until you actually have to start writing it...

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)