Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

I'm currently writing a new fic called Codename, Stealth. I'm about a fifth, maybe a fourth, of the way finished with chapter 4 but I plan to post a new chapter each week. This way I'll always have a new chapter to post and I'll have plenty of time to finish the next one.

The story is about a girl called Stealth who's true name is unknown though her Pokemon call her Atra. She's a member of a group called the Resistance which is a group dedicated to the protection of Pokemon. If you don't like long chapters then I wouldn't advise reading it but I hope that I get at least one review before I post the first chapter.
Ripped from my world and tossed into the role of savior, I can't decide what's harder, ending a war destined to leave this world in ruins or fighting against my longing for home. I hate this world, I love this world, but it isn't mine. Why must I save it? Faye

My Completed Fan Fictions
My Cause|An Innocent's Revenge
Old 08-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune's Child View Post
I'm currently writing a new fic called Codename, Stealth. I'm about a fifth, maybe a fourth, of the way finished with chapter 4 but I plan to post a new chapter each week. This way I'll always have a new chapter to post and I'll have plenty of time to finish the next one.

The story is about a girl called Stealth who's true name is unknown though her Pokemon call her Atra. She's a member of a group called the Resistance which is a group dedicated to the protection of Pokemon. If you don't like long chapters then I wouldn't advise reading it but I hope that I get at least one review before I post the first chapter.
Good luck, Suicune's Child! Hey, maybe I'll take a look at it. I'm not sure you'll be able to pull off a chapter a week though, making it good quality chapters. My fic is about a post every Friday, but I have two or three parts per chapter.

I'll take a look at it.

And maybe you too, Th3DazeGrace. :)
Old 08-09-2006, 01:05 AM
Th3DazeGrace Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Th3DazeGrace

Thanks Sceptile Frost, I was gonna ask Neo Pikachu, but I can tell he's swamped already, so I was waitin for someone else
Thanks again

Thanks to Alice_the_dratini for the card
Old 08-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

Thank you Sceptile Frost. I'm not sure if I will be able to do a chapter a week but I'll try. They're usually only two to three pages long on Word and the shortest time is two days I think. I've given myself a routine. Five to ten paragraphs a day and I should complete in time. ^_^
Ripped from my world and tossed into the role of savior, I can't decide what's harder, ending a war destined to leave this world in ruins or fighting against my longing for home. I hate this world, I love this world, but it isn't mine. Why must I save it? Faye

Old 08-09-2006, 03:28 AM
Th3DazeGrace Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Thank you Sceptile Frost. I'm not sure if I will be able to do a chapter a week but I'll try. They're usually only two to three pages long on Word and the shortest time is two days I think. I've given myself a routine. Five to ten paragraphs a day and I should complete in time. ^_^
Hey Suicune's Child, do you want to read eachothers fics?

Old 08-09-2006, 03:31 AM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

Sure. ^_^ I'll check yours out right now.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:49 AM
Th3DazeGrace Offline
Amateur Trainer

Mkay same here

Old 08-09-2006, 04:06 AM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

Very nice story. It's becoming more and more interesting with every update and I really like the characters. You've done a good job with their personalities and with the personalities of their Pokemon. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work. ^_^ (Wow, that's a much better review than the one I posted in your thread. )

Old 08-09-2006, 04:16 AM
Th3DazeGrace Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Very nice story. It's becoming more and more interesting with every update and I really like the characters. You've done a good job with their personalities and with the personalities of their Pokemon. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work. ^_^ (Wow, that's a much better review than the one I posted in your thread. )
lol dont worry about it. Your story is a catcher, and wont let go I guess i just get more and more in to it. Did you catch the little hint of romance in the story?

Old 08-09-2006, 04:21 AM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

It's also the longest story I've ever written and the one I like the most. (If I actually like my work it means I've probably wasted way too much of my time on it. ) I think I did catch the romance in yours. Subtle but at the same time not...that just confused me a bit. Ah well, you get the idea, right?

Old 08-09-2006, 04:40 AM
Th3DazeGrace Offline
Amateur Trainer

Eh, I guess
Keep giving 110% in your work and ill read every dang part in it (ive got a subscription) ill reply to every post.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3DazeGrace View Post
Thanks Sceptile Frost, I was gonna ask Neo Pikachu, but I can tell he's swamped already, so I was waitin for someone else
Thanks again
Um, I sorta' just fried it. The review for chapter one was over ten pages, of course that was with quotes.

Yeah, I'll take a look a Codename Stealth now.

And what does everyone think of a beta company? You know, beta readers would read your work before you posted it and point out spelling, grammar, punctuation mistakes, discrepencies in canon and the anime characters, and plot holes. What do you think?
Old 08-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Kayden Javlaíakín Offline

Everyone, I have a tiny announcement to make:
ZOMG, EVOLUTION IS GOING TO POSTED TONIGHT... O_o

So yeah. And I think the Beta thing´s a great idea, Frost. And I´d be more than willing to take part in it. :)

yeah yeah yeah
Old 08-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

I think a beta system is a good idea but I can see it being hard to do. Only people who have a very good grasp of grammar and spelling would be able to do it. How would you know who to choose as a beta? Would there be some kind of test or something? Also, what if a person reads some ones fic, edits it, helps them write it, makes it very nice but then the person decides not to post it? That would be a waste of time on the person who reviewed the story. (I saw someone mention that on PC and that I'd add it.)

I think it's a good idea but it would need to be set up in a way that prevented people from wasting their time but also having people that were dedicated. Plus people who wouldn't flame or put the person down if they didn't like the story.

Last edited by Suicune's Child; 08-09-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayden Javlaíakín View Post
So yeah. And I think the Beta thing´s a great idea, Frost. And I´d be more than willing to take part in it. :)
Me too! No, seriously, I would like to try and help, if a beta reader thing actually started.

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^