Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Katera Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Katera Send a message via MSN to Katera Send a message via Yahoo to Katera Send a message via Skype™ to Katera
Post Report a member Thread?

Just an idea, as I rarely give my idea's on the forum. (sorry)

Well I know if theres a problem with a member or thread etc. We PM a Mod, as we do. I just believe it may be easier if theres a thread to report a member? Not sure if its really a big deal anyway, or if it's a problem, but I've noticed alot of people complaining about spammers etc.
Well as Mods are usually quite busy, maybe it would be easier for them to see what the problem is and get it sorted faster. =\
And it will save the Mods looking for all the infomation as to why they need watching/banning. It also allows Members to help the forum.

And if people could give a good explaination as to why exactly, that specific member should be watched or banned. (Obviously the Mods choice not the member who reports).

Example:
Member Username: lalala
My Reason: lalala, has been banned once and has created a total of three accounts. Account 1: Zuzuzu(Banned) Account 2: PokemonHater235212434421 Account 3: lalala.

Or you can even be more specific and add the members public profile url, or in this case urls. It would save Mods searching for the member personaly.

Btw, that example is actully a really case which I would like to report. Her real name is "Cassandra Imber" I think I got the second name right, and I know all her users etc due to the fact I used to email her. Lets hope she doesnt read this. xD
Old 11-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via AIM to Nefarious
Default Re: Report a member Thread?

Actually, we do have a system like that. If you look at the top of my post, you will see this icon:

It's above the join Date info and location and all that. Click on it and you'll be able to report that post to the moderators. =)
Old 11-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

I don't see why PM'ing a mod when you see problems won't work. A thread probably can work too, but should that thread be spammed up or something it will only be more annoying. Besides, if you PM a mod to report an issue, you're also a member helping the forum. Nef is right on the report button thing.

As for lalala, her IP address does indeed match those other two account. One of them is banned, and she doesn't seem to use the second account anymore. On her new account she's still posting around rather strange things, but she does seem to behave a bit better, so she won't be banned (yet).

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 11-04-2005, 12:46 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine
I don't see why PM'ing a mod when you see problems won't work. A thread probably can work too, but should that thread be spammed up or something it will only be more annoying. Besides, if you PM a mod to report an issue, you're also a member helping the forum. Nef is right on the report button thing.

As for lalala, her IP address does indeed match those other two account. One of them is banned, and she doesn't seem to use the second account anymore. On her new account she's still posting around rather strange things, but she does seem to behave a bit better, so she won't be banned (yet).
Right, PM/new thread will work. And everything else he said .
Old 11-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Surly Professor Offline
Monsterous
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I wanna report that Surly Professor is a sexy beast, and I don't know how long the forums can resist his charms. We are all at his mercy until something is done.

The good can decay many ways.
The good candy came anyways.

Old 11-04-2005, 04:58 AM
Katera Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Katera Send a message via MSN to Katera Send a message via Yahoo to Katera Send a message via Skype™ to Katera

Okay! ^^

Well she did email me and told me she's trying to be good now. xD

Just keep your eye on here.

Sorry for the random idea. ^^;; And thanks for helping me on the report a post etc. I totaly forgot about that. :P

In future I'll still PM a mod.

And Surly.... That could be considered off topic. >:P

Edit: I forgot to ask, may I have this thread locked. ^^

Last edited by Katera; 11-04-2005 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera
Edit: I forgot to ask, may I have this thread locked. ^^
Hmm, I don't think you got my message. I thought that PM'ing the mods and reporting worked fine, but now that a thread was made I thought we could use this too.

But after seeing Surly Professor's post, I think I'll lock this after all.

*Locked.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Closed Thread