Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG

Pokemon Ultra RPG Expand your horizons.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Fossil Fusion Offline
Ride On

Send a message via AIM to Fossil Fusion
Default Re: Closing of the Pe2K URPG Branch

So many old friends <3 rip
Old 07-02-2013, 04:09 AM
[Fair] Offline

Send a message via AIM to [Fair]

Geez! What has happened to this place?! I leave for a few years, and you go and close it down?!
Old 07-02-2013, 04:49 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Fair] View Post
Geez! What has happened to this place?! I leave for a few years, and you go and close it down?!

You've answered your own question sir!

Vote Bob Dole.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

Don't think we should close this branch down honestly.

WAR XI Team: .
Old 07-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Gaia Offline

Send a message via MSN to Gaia

Too soon. :(

Those URPG AIMs back in '07 with all my buds were the greatest moments I've had on the internet. #NeverForget

Good night, sweet prince.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:52 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

It is with deep sadness that I formally close the Pokemon Ultra Roleplaying Game branch here on Pokemon Elite 2000.

This has been our home for a little more than a decade. It has served us well, saving us from fading away with the failings of Yahoo Groups. When we moved here, we set about to create a new community in which older vets and new members can come together in fun and strategic competition.

I was one of those new members, joining soon after it moved to Pe2K. I didn't know what I was doing and I was a pretty lousy battler. But the Yahoo Veterans took me under their wing and taught me not only how to play, but how to win.

Years have passed since then and so too have the generations. Great URPGers like Flare, Dux, Curtis, Nin, Fair, and Figgy are but legends now, heroes of an age when the URPG was still young and its future uncertain. They molded the URPG into what it is today. Without Figgy, the Ultra RPG wouldn't have existed, never recovering from its deletion. Without Flare, the URPG would have died in anonymity on Yahoo Groups. Without the legendary rivalry between Curtis and Dux, we wouldn't have the famous rivalries today. Without Nin, we wouldn't have the strong battlers that continue to drive us forward. Without Fair, we wouldn't be the goofy group of clowns that like to joke around.

There is one more member of this illustrious group that served on Pe2K. Though just as old, he does still join us from time to time, and that's Jack, otherwise known as Lil_Leprechaun. He served, after Flare, as Head of the URPG, guiding us through many great years of activity. He was a pillar of stability in a time of prosperity. For his service, I thank him.

Similarly, I thank Flare, who was the man responsible for moving the URPG to Pe2K. He took a risk that others might not have taken, and embraced a community a bit different than his own. In time, he adopted Pe2Kers into the URPG just as Pe2K adopted URPGers into its community. His courage and conviction ensured that we would continue to live on. And so too do I thank him.

It is perhaps ironic that Flare and I share the same first name. He is the man that opened our branch here on PE2K and I am the one who is closing it. I do not make this decision lightly. Some may disagree with it and that is there right. Ultimately though, I feel it is the best course of action.

When we moved here, URPG activity was at an all-time low. I recall that we were lucky if the entire URPG had a single battle that day. Refs were far and few between and stories might take weeks to be graded. But even so, the URPG was alive.

Now... now it's worse. The URPG barely gets one post a day on Pe2K, much less one battle. Lag and inactivity have conspired to destroy any remnants of activity here on this branch. For the past eight months, we've labored at little to no activity, with an average post count of 2 posts/day. Compare that with 58 on Bulbagarden or even 6 on PWN in the same time period. The branch has died.

And so has Pe2K. In the past six weeks, Pe2K has averaged, as a whole, 10 posts/day. Most of these posts are spam posts, the Moderators having finally given up on combating them. A member posting once on the forum will account for 10% of all activity in this community.

And that, my friends, is sad. It is tragic. And it is the reason why we're closing our branch here.

No one knows better than I how much Pe2K means to us. Pe2K is and always shall be my first home. There was even a time when the URPG community and the Pe2K community was one and the same. But no longer.

And now it's time to say goodbye.

We fought the good fight. We survived longer than we had any right to. We prospered despite the odds and held on to what we knew before. And for that, we can always stand proud for what we've done. What we fought for.

Pe2K will ALWAYS be a part of who we are. It has not only changed our destiny in history, but also our culture and way of life. Without her, we would not be who we are, and probably wouldn't even exist as a group.

So Pe2K, I just wanted to say... Thank You. Thank you for being our host, our friend, and our community. Thank you for your generosity and your love. Thank you for your help.

And Thank You for being our Home.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.