Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:05 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Change is coming weather we like it or not.

I can't help but like our once sacred family is all but broken apart. Weather the forum is truly dead or not really depends on each persons feelings. The same things are true now that were true in the past. The forums activity depends on all of us. Talks about the forum being dead only serve to destroy motivation for others to post. I am here to say that until my lasts days on this forum I will never stop posting or trying to stay in contact with the friends I have made here.

As for the creation of a new forum, all I can say on that matter is. I wish the best and I respect whats being done...but I decided a month or two ago that all that I have left for forums will remain here with people. It remain here with my gcea crew ! almost a year now of story telling.

For those of you who have decided to stick it out or have dual membership I say now is the time for bold changes. Now is the time to let go of the good of days of PE2K. We can not worry about what was. It is said that a man that only looks back will miss out on whats right in front of him. So please use this time to raise your voices, to let yourself be known. It is okay for you to say I want my forum to be more than it has let itself become.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 05-12-2013, 03:24 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Default Re: Change is coming weather we like it or not.

I'm just going to stick this under a spoiler tag, it got to be a bit long.

Spoiler:

While I've seen many forums branched off from PE2K, I've never seen them truly work. (And, I do tend to join them and check up on those forums, but they never seem to gain much momentum.) I feel like this is from the division and affecting both parties as a result. (Although, the Crossroads has an interesting blog feature...)

I'd like to think we can make these forums more active. What we're missing is what puzzles me (and probably many others). Many of us thought that activity would return with the help of 5th generation, and that did not come to fruition. Unless 6th gen proves me wrong, I don't think hoping for October is going to change much.

I for one, think that more advertising of the forum is needed. In fact, I joined the forum because I googled a search for a Darkrai trade way back when he was only released in Japan for the movie. I did not hear of these forums otherwise. I could try posting the site on tumblr and see how far that goes (and maybe more popular users, I only have 66 followers XD).

At that point, I don't know what else would get users to stay. The overall gaming forums don't seem to be as hustle bustle as it once was, but why would people stick around when it's so quiet anyway? And, we have contests and giveaways, but I don't see them help bring in as many new people as we all wished for.

Personally, I thought GCEA was a really amazing touch for those that want to RP and have this super cool Pokemon-twist to it. However, I feel like the rules need to be refined slightly as I had to ask many questions to understand them. (And, little did I know that some of my real life friends try to figure out the rules to join with me, but they became frustrated and decide not to join.)

Even though we're all friendly here, some people are just too shy or uninterested to ask questions. In order to attract more for GCEA, we need to address the rules a little better and maybe have a "contact JD to join in" note somewhere.

Now personally, my activity influxes depending upon the posts going on in the forums I'm active in. As the posts I'm following are GCEA Gold and Red, and they're not getting many posts, I tend to not be on much and sometimes forget to check the forums now and then. I'm sure this applies for many other people, and I don't expect everyone to be on 24/7, but the fact that many people are just not on and may just be avoiding the site due to disinterest (I'll admit it, I tend to be disinterested myself from time to time.) is another issue. It really falls on the posters not posting and hence no activity.

There was more I felt needs to be addressed, but I can't exactly put my finger on it for the other places of the forums. (Mostly as I don't go there as often.) I feel like we can do this, but whether or not we ALL need to go and start anew or stay here and patch the forums up again is the big question in my mind.

Edit: Another problem that needs to be addressed (something that I realized as I submitted the reply...) is that these forums may also drive people away because of the lack of stability and slowness to access the site. Hence, turning away more people as they may think their computer is being attacked or they just don't have the attention span to try again later. I personally can't think of anything to remedy this problem other than a new forum. However, again, if everyone moves to a different forum, I would see more of a rebirth of PE2K, not killing it. But, this is my two cents until the accessibility to the site is stabilized.

|.:Art Gallery:.|.:.|.:Battle Log:.|
|.:My once trade thread:.|
Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790

Last edited by Eevee trainer; 05-12-2013 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:59 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

As Eevee Trainer put it, I view PXR more as a chance for rebirth for Pe2k than actually killing it (especially since it only launched two days ago, more or less). The forum simply is moving with a brand new name, a clear goal in mind, and a stable server...Along with leaders who care about it.

Without the ability to be top admins, Pe2k was forever limited, and losing Ryan merely made it travel a slow death downward.

I'll be staying, but I can't really do my job anyway. I'm on PXR moderating there now too, and with how ready to crash Pe2k is...It's been a fun 4-5 years, but it could be gone at any moment. I've already backed all my files up that were here in case this happens.

I really don't think anything can be done to help Pe2k. No head support, and the rest comes toppling down.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:09 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
As Eevee Trainer put it, I view PXR more as a chance for rebirth for Pe2k than actually killing it (especially since it only launched two days ago, more or less). The forum simply is moving with a brand new name, a clear goal in mind, and a stable server...Along with leaders who care about it.

Without the ability to be top admins, Pe2k was forever limited, and losing Ryan merely made it travel a slow death downward.

I'll be staying, but I can't really do my job anyway. I'm on PXR moderating there now too, and with how ready to crash Pe2k is...It's been a fun 4-5 years, but it could be gone at any moment. I've already backed all my files up that were here in case this happens.

I really don't think anything can be done to help Pe2k. No head support, and the rest comes toppling down.
Anything could help at this point. Little changes could make a difference. This thread wasnt to say the other forum was killing this one. Just so no one gets the idea. The idea of the other forum is good. Keeping the community alive and updated was a good idea, but the other forum isnt PE2K. I would say for that reason I despite my respect for Harry will look at it just like that a different forum.

Things can be changed here, but it has to come from the people who have the mind set that this place cant ever be helped.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:16 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Then you won't be getting much help from me, sorry. I'm letting go of Pe2k for the most part, simply because it cannot be helped without its head honcho, who has been absent for many, many years. The forum is crashing because of the shared server, and who knows when it'll be stopped paying for. It could go down at any moment.

Sorry Dredd, but you'll be in on this without this crazy Aggron's help. I have to put more time into the other forum.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:33 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Dredd, as much as I love PE2K, I can honestly say that I spent the summer before this chatting with several members of PE2K, trying to see what all we could try to come up with the help the forum, and no matter what we tried or what has been tried in the past, it has never really seemed to help. These days the forums are drowning in lag and database errors, the spambots are coming out the wazoo, and I swear it seems like every day we're dealing with more and more newbies who don't know how to read and follow rules, and then throw a fit when someone tells them nicely what they did wrong. It seems like a ton of our staff members are missing in action, and I understand real life can be a pain sometimes, but a forum needs staff to run...especially its head admin, and I haven't seen Ryan on in...well, a really long time. I will continue to visit PE2K, because this was where I learned a LOT of things, and I will hold it close to my heart, however I really think PE2K is beyond helping at this point because I tried helping and it just didn't work.

A lot of members here are already acting like they're getting into the swing of things on PXR. I hate to say it, but I think it's the really dedicated people on the forum that are going to swing having accounts on both sites up until PE2K finally kicks the bucket...and sadly enough, I think it will eventually.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 05-12-2013, 05:56 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

I'm going to start off by saying that I never meant to really lead off into saying move to a different forum, but to be honest... I really can't think of anything. They're right, especially without the head admin, we don't even know how long he'll be paying for the forum.

Moving to Crossroads, to me, would be like PE2K starting over anew as a lot of people from this forum are moving there. It's hard for me to think about moving on, but I have seen the staff try everything to keep this place alive and none of it has worked.

I'm willing to help you out as much as I can, but if a majority of the forum members are moving on, the ones that are keeping this place moving right now, we won't even have a heart beat.

|.:Art Gallery:.|.:.|.:Battle Log:.|
|.:My once trade thread:.|
Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790
Old 05-12-2013, 06:03 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

I cant say I dont blame either of you. Thats why I said above I understand why the other forum was created. The lag, errors and spambots seem to flying around the forum like buzzards. Whats worse is the people who loved it most truly believe its only a matter of time.

I can only say Im sorry we cant agree...nothing is to far gone that it cant be worked on a little. Like batman said about gothom its not beyond saving..just needs new people with a new outlooks on it. If the forum is to die it wont be because I did nothing. I guess in the end I will be fading away with this forum, never to appear on any other again.

Until that point though..there is work to be done.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

You don't seem to understand what we're saying, Dredd. We still love PE2K, but our inability to fix anything even though we've tried has made it hard to think that there is a way for us to fix PE2K.

I mean, it's kinda hard to fix a city when you don't have the machines and materials to do it...and we don't have the machines or the materials. No one can really do anything that might cause a great amount of change without being given the power to by Ryan...and from what I've heard, it's almost impossible to contact him. We have no means of really changing beyond what we've already done, and really? It hasn't done us much good. At this point, I have idea what work you think can be done that someone hasn't already tried.

I hate to see a good person with good ideas and such an important role on PE2K go if the site dies, but if it comes to that, I guess there's nothing any of us can do.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 05-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

If there was anything I could do to fix PE2K, I would. And I know Harry and Kenny felt the same, because we really tried. This place has been my home for over 8 years. I met my best friends here and I never want it to become inactive. I will stay here as long as this forum stays here, but sadly I can't see our situation improving much. No matter what we do, there are problems that we can't fix. We can't attract and maintain members when the site isn't stable. We tried every other option, I promise you.

Crossroads is supposed to be a new home for our family, but that doesn't mean you need to leave PE2K or stop loving this place.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Earlier today I said that I was planning on staying, but I have been thinking. This place isn't going to be the same. PXR was made to keep the community alive, in a place that isn't dying, infested with lag or spam bots. It is sad that most people are leaving Pe2k to join PXR, but the inevitable is happening.

I had great times here, but I believe the sooner I move on, the better. I will still be here for a little while, due to RPs that just began, and that I want to see through. However they will die, and I will have no reason to be here any more. With a lot of the active staff gone, I can't help but see pe2k as near the end of its life. I respect you (Dredd) for wanting to stand by it, but sometimes letting go is the best thing we can do.

As long as "heroes the next generation" and "Adventures in Skyrim" are alive, I will stay hear. But when they die, I will be leaving, not to return. If you wish to keep in contact with me, my Skype name is jacooby_cookie95, and my email address c0balt1995@hotmail.com

It has been a good 6 years pe2k, but it is time for me to move on. I have made some good friends, some unexpectedly and have learnt a lot. This was one of the first places where I had the confidence to be myself. I look at some of my first posts, and can remember sitting in the rumpus room on the family computer, posting about fake ways to get celebi that I heard (I was a gullible kid). Here I learnt about sprite art, and graphic art, role playing, and more about the world. I didn't know that Canada was -30 (thanks Jaye), or that listening to someone play Slender during a Skype voice call would be hilarious (Thanks Dragotech).

I believe PXR is a move in the right direction, and that it is for the best. It is sad that pe2k has become what it is now, but nothing lasts forever. Goodbye everyone.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 05-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Boss, everyone has tried. Do you think we would leave Pe2k in a heartbeat? It hurts many of us that Pe2k is dying, because it's been such an amazing Community to be a part of. Everytime I try to find fond memories back when I was younger, Pe2k is the main thing that keeps popping into my mind. This Community has been the highlight, the very core, of my teenage years, as have been the people within it.

I moved over to PXR in order to stick with the Community, to keep my friends and so on. I would love for you to join us over there - it wouldn't be the same without you. Think of all the possibilities over there - a new flux of members, more events and things going on etc. Heck, we could even get Competitive Battling back into popularity! Think about LMSSI - it could be brought back! There are so many possibilities to think about over in PXR Boss, Pe2k can't have them because of so many reasons:

- Server lag and database errors
- The very format of the website (when I tried to get friends to join a few years back, they got confused and didn't hang around for too long)
- The overall theme (it's pretty boring and it drives a majority of potential new members away)
- Its slow death.

The reason PXR is tipped to do so well is the support it has. We have members from other Communities moving over, we have a user-friendly (and awesome) website layout and theme! We have more news, blogs and really great, reliable mods! It was made to preserve the Community of Pe2k, not to destroy it. Nobody has given up, PXR is a prime example of that.

Boss, why not give the site a try? It was made for Pe2k to thrive and grow without the possibility of having the website explode on us. As I said before, it wouldn't be the same without you Boss :)

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.

Last edited by Sealboy; 05-12-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

@Sarah
You promoted me to do one thing, try to help the dying Battling Center and I did. I tried a bunch of different things, created tournies, giveaways, even started a contest that went all over the internet. When I finally got peoples interest the forum went through its worst bit of forum lag and all the people that were joining left. I still kept pushing forward despite it trying new things. All of it seemed to go no where. To leave this place means the years of work i put in were for nothing. hundreds upon hundreds of hours would be gone. Sadly what I see now is the rest of PE2K has gone the way of the battling center and that sick feeling has returned to my gut. Last year I worked my but off. I even got member of the year as I kept trying to bring activity. I know you guys tried your best , we all tried our best thats why I completely respect what you guys are doing but please dont ask me to move on. Like the Battling Center I plan on staying here and trying even if I know that its hopeless because thats what you promoted me to do.

@Cobalt I hope all works out for you man. You were a big help around here.

@Winter thanks for the nice words. The logically side of me agrees with you on pretty much everything you said.

@Sealboy, I told you a long time ago you were the next generation of leaders. I hope that no matter where you land you step up so everyone will get to know you as the awesome goofball that I know you are.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

First thing is first. I'm not telling anyone not to stay by any means, stay if you want, I don't care if anyone stay here or not. I am also not trying to discourage anyone from staying. I am telling the honest truth, and if someone realizes it, agrees, and moves, so be it.

Okay, now, I'll tell everyone the blunt truth. PE2K is hopeless. There is nothing else that can be done to fix PE2K. To fix lag, we'd have to unmerge from a shared server, which as far as I know, cannot be done. The staff are all inactive, no one is going to have access to the Admin CP that is active, the site will rarely be posted on, no one will update the other site features such as Sprite Resource and information, no one will complete trades, therefore losing most new members, and the forum will be infested with spambots due to lack of staff. All of this will go on until the very last active member realizes this or the forum crashes for whatever reason. PE2K had a good run, but there is nothing left to be done. And efforts put towards PE2K are, essentially, pointless and just stall the inevitable death of PE2K.

Okay, now to explain what I mean into further detail without being so blunt. The end of this forum will be death. It'll slowly die out until there are a handful of active members left, who will be come discouraged with no where to post and leave. Of course, this is if the forum doesn't crash for good first, and we lose everything.

What I'm saying is that I recommend that if you're staying here, you also move to PXR. Ryan could stop paying for PE2K at anytime, and he wouldn't come back and tell you. The forum would crash for good with no warning. That's why I recommend setting up on PXR, so you have a place to go when/if it crashes instead of losing everything on PE2K.

From here on, the forum's death steadily increases, because since I believe Sarah, Harry, and Kenny are all leaving/devoting most if not all of their time to PXR, nothing is going to get done. All of the Senior Editors are on PXR as well, so no changes will get made to the site. There will be no posts made to the site because there are no active Site Staff either. You're the only active GMod at this point anyway. Mods are all inactive, bar a few URPG Officials/Mods and a handful of other mods, who most of which also moved to PXR and will be devoting their time there as well.

Without anyone with access to the Admin CP, names won't get changed, site changes won't be made, etc, which would just speed up PE2K's death. Ryan would barely promote Sarah, Harry, and Kenny to Admin CP. I know for fact that Harry is resigning as Admin and will only formally leave after the URPG is pulled from PE2K. I don't know for sure about Sarah or Kenny, but I know that they will mainly be on PXR. Back to another point, Ryan isn't going to promote anyone. We can try and get some people promoted to Admin, but Harry agrees, it's highly unlikely he'll promote anyone if he comes back.

The site was the primary member recruiter, our sprite resource in specific. Now that the sprite resource won't get updated, the main site rarely posted on, and to tie it off lag and errors, the site is pretty much done. Our efforts to revive this site were essentially futile, and any future efforts will only delay the inevitable. PXR has a bright future, however. You have done a lot for PE2K, and we would really appreciate you coming to PXR with the same work ethic. Staying on PE2K and being very active only takes members away from PXR, and doesn't benefit PE2K's situation, nothing can be done but delay PE2K's death. Moving GCeA to PXR would benefit both PXR and GCeA, no lag, more activity, etc, and a lot of your members are already on PXR! If you don't want to move GCeA, then I recommend keeping .txt files of all of the threads and stats, as they could be lost in an instant. I would keep an outside source stat page where you can list and update all of the points and such if PE2K is to crash so you can partially recover progress.

PXR gets more activity in a day than PE2K does in a week. We've done all we possibly can for PE2K at this point. Sarah, Harry, and Kenny have done their best to revive this site. PE2K was as important to them as it is to you, as it was for me, and the other mods I'm sure. Not one of us wants to leave PE2K, none of us want PE2K to die. But when there is nothing else you can do but pull the plug, sometimes that's the best option!

What Sarah said is the absolute truth. Everyone has tried their best, but reviving PE2K just can't be done. I was never planning to stop helping PE2K, I applied for mod so I could help in anyway I could. I've had four months to realize that there is nothing that can be done. Dedicating my time (which, I have a loooot of) and effort to PE2K would ultimately end up as a waste.

The forum might crash in two minutes, or two years. The forum could die in months, years, who knows. The forum will not die completely for years if not decades, etc, but it'll be severely inactive. Maybe 10 posts per day, and no active members. Just people who happen to discover the forum and post a bit before seeing that it's pretty much dead and decide to leave.

As many people have previously stated, we warmly welcome you to PXR. If you devoted your time and effort to PXR as you have for PE2K, then PXR would really benefit from your help, and we would happily welcome you to the new community! If you still don't want to move after hearing what is to come, that's your choice, and we can't force you to move on. So I wish you best of luck with this site. I have gathered all of my important threads and posts, so I'll be moving on from PE2K.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
First thing is first. I'm not telling anyone not to stay by any means, stay if you want, I don't care if anyone stay here or not. I am also not trying to discourage anyone from staying. I am telling the honest truth, and if someone realizes it, agrees, and moves, so be it.

Okay, now, I'll tell everyone the blunt truth. PE2K is hopeless. There is nothing else that can be done to fix PE2K. To fix lag, we'd have to unmerge from a shared server, which as far as I know, cannot be done. The staff are all inactive, no one is going to have access to the Admin CP that is active, the site will rarely be posted on, no one will update the other site features such as Sprite Resource and information, no one will complete trades, therefore losing most new members, and the forum will be infested with spambots due to lack of staff. All of this will go on until the very last active member realizes this or the forum crashes for whatever reason. PE2K had a good run, but there is nothing left to be done. And efforts put towards PE2K are, essentially, pointless and just stall the inevitable death of PE2K.

Okay, now to explain what I mean into further detail without being so blunt. The end of this forum will be death. It'll slowly die out until there are a handful of active members left, who will be come discouraged with no where to post and leave. Of course, this is if the forum doesn't crash for good first, and we lose everything.

What I'm saying is that I recommend that if you're staying here, you also move to PXR. Ryan could stop paying for PE2K at anytime, and he wouldn't come back and tell you. The forum would crash for good with no warning. That's why I recommend setting up on PXR, so you have a place to go when/if it crashes instead of losing everything on PE2K.

From here on, the forum's death steadily increases, because since I believe Sarah, Harry, and Kenny are all leaving/devoting most if not all of their time to PXR, nothing is going to get done. All of the Senior Editors are on PXR as well, so no changes will get made to the site. There will be no posts made to the site because there are no active Site Staff either. You're the only active GMod at this point anyway. Mods are all inactive, bar a few URPG Officials/Mods and a handful of other mods, who most of which also moved to PXR and will be devoting their time there as well.

Without anyone with access to the Admin CP, names won't get changed, site changes won't be made, etc, which would just speed up PE2K's death. Ryan would barely promote Sarah, Harry, and Kenny to Admin CP. I know for fact that Harry is resigning as Admin and will only formally leave after the URPG is pulled from PE2K. I don't know for sure about Sarah or Kenny, but I know that they will mainly be on PXR. Back to another point, Ryan isn't going to promote anyone. We can try and get some people promoted to Admin, but Harry agrees, it's highly unlikely he'll promote anyone if he comes back.

The site was the primary member recruiter, our sprite resource in specific. Now that the sprite resource won't get updated, the main site rarely posted on, and to tie it off lag and errors, the site is pretty much done. Our efforts to revive this site were essentially futile, and any future efforts will only delay the inevitable. PXR has a bright future, however. You have done a lot for PE2K, and we would really appreciate you coming to PXR with the same work ethic. Staying on PE2K and being very active only takes members away from PXR, and doesn't benefit PE2K's situation, nothing can be done but delay PE2K's death. Moving GCeA to PXR would benefit both PXR and GCeA, no lag, more activity, etc, and a lot of your members are already on PXR! If you don't want to move GCeA, then I recommend keeping .txt files of all of the threads and stats, as they could be lost in an instant. I would keep an outside source stat page where you can list and update all of the points and such if PE2K is to crash so you can partially recover progress.

PXR gets more activity in a day than PE2K does in a week. We've done all we possibly can for PE2K at this point. Sarah, Harry, and Kenny have done their best to revive this site. PE2K was as important to them as it is to you, as it was for me, and the other mods I'm sure. Not one of us wants to leave PE2K, none of us want PE2K to die. But when there is nothing else you can do but pull the plug, sometimes that's the best option!

What Sarah said is the absolute truth. Everyone has tried their best, but reviving PE2K just can't be done. I was never planning to stop helping PE2K, I applied for mod so I could help in anyway I could. I've had four months to realize that there is nothing that can be done. Dedicating my time (which, I have a loooot of) and effort to PE2K would ultimately end up as a waste.

The forum might crash in two minutes, or two years. The forum could die in months, years, who knows. The forum will not die completely for years if not decades, etc, but it'll be severely inactive. Maybe 10 posts per day, and no active members. Just people who happen to discover the forum and post a bit before seeing that it's pretty much dead and decide to leave.

As many people have previously stated, we warmly welcome you to PXR. If you devoted your time and effort to PXR as you have for PE2K, then PXR would really benefit from your help, and we would happily welcome you to the new community! If you still don't want to move after hearing what is to come, that's your choice, and we can't force you to move on. So I wish you best of luck with this site. I have gathered all of my important threads and posts, so I'll be moving on from PE2K.

Maybe its an age thing, being one of the oldest members on this forum. I have been alive for a long time. I have seen the end of a lot of great things, ive had to be witness to sad moments. Breakups, lost family, passing of friends, death of a tv, film club and now this.

The best thing have heard about PXR is that its saving our community, almost an extension to this one. I have never been one for shiny new things, it has taken me years of work to get to where I am in PE2K. To be honest I was promoted to help a fading section. That was the first real failure I experienced here on the forum. As I told Sarah she hired me to come in and do what I could for something that was hopeless.

I will continue to post here, and try and keep my gcea game active. Which it still is.

I will miss the members who have left for good. I can really only say that with the energy and leadership the new forum has it should do great !

As for me.. Change is hard.. If and When the lights out in this place. Ill mark the time and day and I always smile in thinking about the good times I had. Until then, tally forth !!!