Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 AM
OldMax Offline

Default spot cloned pokemon?

What's the fast and ez'est way to spot a cloned pokemon in the 4th and 5th gens?

I don't really want to register with anything new unless I have to. I'd just like to check if I get traded clones somtimes or not.

Edit:
If there is another thread for this topic and I missed it. Sorry. Not trying to spam a topic

Last edited by OldMax; 04-21-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: spot cloned pokemon?

Cloned? Are you sure you're trying to spot hacks and not clones? I don't think there is a way if you do mean cloned. Heck, there are times when it's impossible to spot hacks, if the person has made it a "legit" hack and done a good job of it. Best thing I can suggest otherwise (especially if you meant hacks) is to check out...and nevermind. There used to be a thread on how to spot certain hacks stickied in the trade boards, but I'm sure you can find something on Google about it if that's what you're interested in.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 04-21-2013, 03:27 PM
goldwynaut Offline

There are several ways to clone Your pokemon in generations 1 to 3, using numerous glitches and tricks, in DPP and HGSS you can clone Your pokemon if you post it on the GTC, take it back and turn off Your system at just the right moment, then you would have the pokemon in Your Inventory and on the GTC, which you could withdraw whenever you wanted to, Gamefreak fixed that for the Fifth generation, but i think you can still pull it off somehow, nowdays pokemon is so glitch free its not even funny, so the easiest way would be cloning it via cheating Device.

Now over to hacks, if the trade seems too good to be true, its most likely a hack (e.g shiny mew for a level hundred plakia) mew by the way is so rare that nearly every mew out there is acquired using h4x. The best way to know if a pokemon is a hack/clone is to see if the trade seems fair, a lv: 100 salamence for an oddish is false, so is a shiny arcanine for a whatever Level kuryem

Last edited by goldwynaut; 04-21-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:27 PM
OldMax Offline

I did mean hacked ones. I hate getting hacked ones. Thank you
Old 04-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

I also know there are things you can look for in the info you get on the Pokemon itself--I think there are OT Names to watch out for, certain Trainer IDs, if you use the Gen V IV checker guy or an IV calculator that might tip you off, though it depends on the Pokemon's level and what level it was caught at. Typically a 31 in every stat IV-wise indicates a hack or that the Pokemon has been RNG'd (which may or may not be considered hacking)--I've heard it can be done without hacking or RNG, but you have to be seriously lucky, and 0 IVs in every stat indicates a definate hack (had this happen to me on GameFAQs. Make sure the Pokemon has a location where it was caught listed in its stats as well, and you could always check max stat numbers and such as well. If you're really iffy about it, and aren't totally opposed to its use, maybe check and see if there's anyone on here who uses PokeSav or something to check it out--there are plenty of things PokeSav can show you that you don't see in your game stats that identify hacks easily, like whether or not PIDs match up with...I think it's nature, or if it lacks an SID.

I only know what I know, however, because I ended up having someone check some Pokemon I got of GameFAQs for legitimacy, so I may or may not have some details wrong. All I know is what she explained to me when she told me how she knew two of the three she checked were hacks...and why she was really thrown off by how badly hacked they were.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net

Last edited by Winter; 04-21-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

All you can really do is make sure the information matches up with what the information on the Pokemon should say. That is, catch location, stats, etc.

There are ways to export your Pokemon into files to do further checking with the aid of various programs, but that is sort of hacking on its own so I doubt most people who just want to do casual trading are going to bother.

If it looks like a Ducklett, quacks like a Ducklett, has moves like a Ducklett, was caught where a Ducklett should be caught, and has stats like a Ducklett... It could still be hacked. If you use the most advanced technology possible and compare the data byte-by-byte to what it should be, and it passes... it could still be hacked. The only real, sure, 100% successful way to never receive a hacked Pokemon is to never trade. But that's boring.

I recommend to trade with people you know who feel the same way you feel about hacks. It's a crapshoot on the gts, you could get anything. And always check the summary of the Pokemon before you trade and make sure nothing seems off to you.

Catch location: If it is a caught Pokemon, make sure the Pokemon can actually be found there. You can use Pokearth on serebii.net, or any one of the Pokedexes available online. For event Pokemon, there are many resources telling you what this should say.

OT: If you are trading with a friend that you trust, the OT should be theirs (except event Pokemon), if it isn't, you should ask them where they got the Pokemon. Based on what they say, it is up to you whether to trust it or not. It's always okay to politely decline if you don't feel comfortable. If you have gotten a hacked Pokemon from the same OT/ID numbers before, it is likely also hacked.

Trainer ID: An ID of 00000 is common if someone hacked a Pokemon and just forgot to put a number on the ID space.

These two pages have the different gen V event Pokemon and what information they should have in case you're not familiar:
Wi-Fi events

Local (IRL) events, i.e. gamestop

If the person you are trading with has a thread on a forum for their trades, you can read what other people have said after trading. If other people complain about hacked Pokemon, it is very likely that that person has hacked Pokemon. Though of course, sometimes other people can be wrong, so be careful out there.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 04-24-2013, 03:03 AM
Silverwynde Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteless View Post
Trainer ID: An ID of 00000 is common if someone hacked a Pokemon and just forgot to put a number on the ID space.
That's a really good tell right there. Also, if you get a Pokemon in a Cherish Ball and it isn't an Event Pokemon, then there's a good chance that it's been hacked. Also if it seems a bit too "perfect", it might be a hackjob: I have a perfect shiny Brave Natured Golurk that was caught in a Cherish Ball, has Iron Fist and came from Johto. Every stat has a 31 so this poor guy is a definite hack. Just the Ball and location were a dead giveaway.

With the GTS, it's really hard to tell sometimes. Some things that look legit aren't and others that look like glaring hacks could be legit so tread carefully.

Guardian: Evolve @ 159
My VPP Stats
Old 04-26-2013, 06:18 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

With the way AR works these days you would not be able to tell a cloned pokemon from the original. As some of the others said, pokemon hacks are normally easier to spot if you look at some of the key information. when it was captured, or hatched.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 04-26-2013, 06:08 PM
TrainerKristian Offline

Thumbs up Re: spot hacked pokemon? There are some ways, y'know...

To spot hacks, you should probably look if it has any ribbons.
If it has some (Impossible) ribbons, there's a pretty good chance that the Pokémon is hacked. This method helped me too!

Anyway, good luck with your research!