Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:39 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Expansion?

Hey, guys. It has come up in Staff that expanding to another forum may be an option for us in the near future. With Gen VI on the way, there's opportunity for new venues and members, and we want to know what you think about this idea before we really talk about it. Keep in mind that we have decided nothing. We want your opinion.

Do you think expanding to another forum would be a good idea? If so, when? Should it be before Gen VI or after?

If you think expanding is a good idea, what other communities would you be interested in? Are there any in particular you want to stay away from?

Do you think we could draw in enough new players and sustain multiple forums with our current community if not? Would you be interested in other aspects of thse forums besides URPG?

Let us know what you think!

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 04-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Expansion?

I'm actually glad this came up.

I'm not sure if everyone knows, but Harry is creating a new forum called Pokemon Crossroads, and has a lot of people from all around the fandom helping out. Harry doesn't know about expanding there as far as I know, but I think it'd be a great idea, especially since URPG's leader is the head of the forum, ha ha.

As for when to expand, you guys can do it when the new forum launches, sometime before X and Y, or after X and Y releases. If we do it before XY launches/the forum launch, then you'll have to edit the threads anyway. But if you do it after XY launches, you'll get all the work done then. I think it'd be better to do it sometime before, so you guys aren't loaded with a lot of updating and moving, and to get everything up and situated before the updating starts.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:17 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Unless you can guarantee an expansion to a really big name forum, expanding will only hurt the URPG. Moving to more small forums may get us 1 or 2 long term members, but it's really not worth the effort of expanding. Also, creating a new forum dedicated only to URPG isn't wise either. The URPG needs to be much bigger in terms of active member size for a long period of time before considering making a forum solely for itself.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 04-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Monbrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Monbrey

Everything TED said.

PXR is definitely on the cards, however I'm fairly certain we, and Harry included, intend to wait and see how well it takes off before we extend a branch there.