Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:23 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: Heroes: The Next Generation (RP) PG-13

Blaise
New York City
Affected RPers: Kei (insert second word here)

Blaise walked out of the shop, confused to what happened. As he walked towards where his car was parked he was lost in thought. Suddenly he hit the ground. He realised he didn't look where he was walking, and walked into the path of a guy running from an alley. Both of them were on the ground, and Blaise saw the other guy holding a gun, then looked at the alley where he came from. In the alley, laid an unconscious blonde. Caroline.

"Are you from the company you bastard?" Blaise asked, as he stood up. Blaise looked around and saw some water pipes lining the walls. Before the man could get up, Blaise pulled the water from the pipes, and threw it onto the man, freezing it, and the man to te ground. Blaise lit a flame on his hand.

"I should kill you. But that's what the company does." Blaise said, "I won't stoop to that level."

Blaise ran over to Caroline and took off his jacket. He pulled out his knife and cut off the sleeve, and tied it around the wound, attempting to stop the bleeding. Blaise picked up Caroline, and put her in his car.

His foot hit the floor, as the car sped off, towards the hospital.

"Hold on," Blaise said, "I was too late for Abbee. I am not letting them bastards hurt anyone else."

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 04-18-2013, 03:31 AM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst

Ichiru and Kiseki
New York City

Ichiru watched as Ashley slowly stood up with a clearly shocked expression.

"It's you..." Her words confirmed Ichiru's thoughts concerning the dream she had been speaking of moments before, and the description of the boy she had seen in it.

He saw Jeremy whisper something in his sister's ear and lightly tug on her arm. Ichiru could tell simply from his actions and the expression on his face that he must have been urging her to leave. However, Ashley instead stood straighter and spoke again.

"Who are you?"

Ichiru opened his mouth to respond to the brunette's demand, but stopped when he felt the ground beginning to shake. At their table behind him, Kiseki seemed to have felt it as well, and looked over toward the window simultaneously with Ichiru, Ashley and Jeremy.

A large cloud of dark smoke could be seen a couple of blocks away. Kiseki rose from his seat at the sight, starting to walk over to Ichiru when a sudden blast of energy caused the shop's windows to shatter.

Ichiru quickly pushed Kiseki behind him and, despite the fact that he knew he would most likely have to fight her, or that The Company would kill her, he started to grab Ashley and shield her as well, but the brunette proved quicker than he. She suddenly stood in front of him and stretched out her hands toward the shards of glass that raced toward them, shadows beginning to dance around them like fire.

The entire bagel shop became engulfed in darkness as she shadows expanded, and the shards of glass stopped to levitate in mid-air. When Ashley dropped her hands again moments later, the glass followed and the shadows disintegrated into nothing.

Ichiru could only look at her in shock afterward as she spoke with her brother. He looked back to Kiseki as the younger twin stepped out from behind him, meeting his confused gaze with one of his own. With a sigh, Ichiru turned his attention back to Ashley, who was now looking at him, but before he could say anything a female voice suddenly filled the shop.

"You're one of them!" Ichiru and Kiseki turned to look at the woman behind the counter; the blonde who had replaced the girl from earlier. Both her gaze and accusing finger were focused on Ashley. "You're one of the freaks! I'm calling The Company!"

"Time to go." Ichiru turned back around quickly as Jeremy spoke, grabbing his sister's hand and running out of the bagel shop.

"Dammit." He muttered loud enough for only Kiseki to hear, starting toward the door. "Come on, we need to follow them."

"Wait. I want to check something else out, if that's okay." Ichiru turned to glance back at Kiseki, whose attention was on the blonde leaving the shop. Due to not seeing her face clearly, he didn't notice who she was. However, he knew that if Kiseki had taken an interest in her, he must have noticed something.

"... Alright. I'll go after the Gilberts, you tail the blonde. Try to stay out of trouble, and be sure to tell me if something comes up."

Kiseki nodded, and the two of them left the shop, heading in opposite directions.

Ichiru
Bagel Shop > Woods

Ichiru spotted the pair running toward a mushroom cloud in the distance and broke into a jog to keep up. He had to admit the cloud was a point of interest, considering it was very possible that someone with an ability had caused it. However, his main priority right now was to capture these two.

At the high school, the two of them split up. Jeremy continued toward the cloud in the distance, but Ashley turned and headed into the woods instead. This made Ichiru frown in confusion. Surely they hadn't just deliberately split up - with one of them going into a place as dangerous as the woods. Was this some sort of trap?

Regardless of his wariness, the dark haired teen decided to follow Ashley, taking a turn in front of the high school and going into the woods as well. It didn't take him long to find the brunette, who seemed to be waiting for him. He glanced down at the shadows that danced around her hands and smirked.

"You're either really brave or really stupid to come out here alone." As he spoke, he summoned two of his vectors and wrapped them around her. "I don't want to hurt you, so could you do us both a favor and come quietly?"

Kiseki
New York City

Upon exiting the shop, Kiseki heard a gunshot, which brought him to quickly turn in the direction it had come from. He spotted an older male running out of an alley only to crash into another - the very guy he had seen talking to Caroline only moments before.

He watched as the one he had seen in the shop confronted the other, summoning water from some nearby pipes to hit him with and freeze him to the ground. It was then that Kiseki recognized the man on the ground as someone from The Company. He started toward them with the intentions to defend him after that realization, but stopped when the other male didn't attack any more. The flame which he had lit on one of his hands seconds before disappeared and he instead disappeared into the alley.

When Kiseki saw him walk back out with the blonde from the shop in his arms, he froze. She was bleeding from her stomach and chest, and now it was obvious who had done it. As she was put into a car, he debated with himself over which course of action to take. He could help his supposed comrade who was frozen to the ground and leave her in that guy's care, considering he would most likely take her to the hospital, or he could just follow them and see for himself.

After a few moments of thought, Kiseki decided on the latter. His attention shifted to a car nearby whose windows had been blasted out by the same wave of energy from earlier. A set of keys still rested in the ignition. The owner obviously didn't care about it right now.

Kiseki quickly opened the door to the driver's side and got in, turning the ignition to start the car. However, as he had feared, the blast had damaged much more than its windows. He leaned back in the seat and sighed with frustration before closing his eyes. Slowly, the car began to repair itself. The glass lifted off of the ground and went back to the windows, the dents in the car itself disappeared, and when he turned the ignition again, it started right up.

The dark haired teen smirked to himself and hit the gas, going after the dark blue Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX that had just sped off, but making sure to keep his distance.

OOC: Gah, sorry for the bad post D:

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Last edited by DarkAmethyst; 04-18-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Dustyn
Los Angeles
Affected RPers: None

Dustyn pulled on his hood, and opened his bedroom window, crawling out into the fire escape. It had been a few days since the incident at school, and on the subway, and Dustyn was more cautious than ever. They knew his name, and knew where he went to school. Lucky for him, he had moved house recently, and didn't update his details at the the school. The only people who knew where he lived were his close friends, who understood his situation and agreed to stay silent. Dustyn hadn't been at school since the incident, and had instead been searching through biology text books and online articles. He had learned one thing. During times when Adrenaline was released, his body would release telepathic blasts, in explosive ways. With enough concentration, he could focus the energy to explode in one place, but it was still powerful and uncontrollable. Dustyn learnt if the Adrenaline when playing Slender one night, having to stop playing because he was about to destroy his bedroom.

Dustyn made sure there were no security cameras near by, and no people, and jumped down, using his telekinesis to slow down the fall, and land softly. Dustyn walked out of the alley, and waited in the shadows for a group of people to walk past. A group of Asian tourists went past, and Dustyn joined in the group, attempting to blend in, pulling out his phone and pretending to take photos.
"And mum said I played too many Spy Games." Dustyn thought to himself.
After walking for a bit, Dustyn found himself where he wanted to be. A warehouse that was owned by his dads company. This one was kept empty most of the time.

Using his telekinesis, Dustyn moved the crates scattered in the warehouse against the doors, locking himself in. He didn't plan on leaving until he had to, and didn't want to be interrupted.

"The adrenaline is what causes the explosions," Dustyn said to himself "so if I can cause adrenaline to flow, I can have this power at will."

How to induce this is what confused Dustyn. He was a level headed and it took a lot to make him panic. He considered jumping from somewhere high, but knew that he could catch himself, and remain calm. And even if he didn't, he wouldn't be able to cause himself to panic in that way in most situations.

Suddenly it hit Dustyn how he could cause it himself. Dustyn ran a few laps of the warehouse, causing his pulse to rise. In this state, he was jumpier than usual.

Dustyn held his breath, to the point of dizziness. He felt the pulses in his head, but would have to breath before he could reach the point he wanted to, but after each time, he got closer before drawing a breath. After a few attempts without rest, Dustyn managed to induce a telekinetic explosion without real danger.

"Holding my breath will cause my mind to enter a state of panic. However by the time I would be able to release this power, I would probably go unconscious from lack of oxygen. This makes inducing this state if panic in one breath impossible. " Dustyn said to the video camera set up in front of him. "However taking a breath doesn't completely relax me. In multiple breaths I can induce this state. My first attempt took me 7 breaths. Maybe after more practise this number can be lowered."

Dustyn returned home that night after a day of training, learning how to use his abilities in combat, and how to escape. By the end of the day, Dustyn could induce his abilities after four breaths from a resting heart rate. However this caused fatigue and dizziness.

Dustyn climbed up the fire escape and into the window. However when he entered his room, he heard something which shocked him. His mother talking to someone at the door.

"I'm sorry, Dustyn isn't home at the moment." His mother said.
"Well when he gets home, please let us know on this number. We need to ask him a few questions." Said a man at the door. Dustyn recognised the voice. The man from the train.

Dustyn held his breath, then took another short breath, repeating himself until he felt the adrenaline kick in. Dustyn kicked open his door and ran to where his mother was, standing in front of her. The man recognised him and pulled out a gun. Dustyn focused the blast towards the man, which pushed him through the wall of the halfway.

Dustyn ran inside, and grabbed his bag, climbing back out the window. Dustyn jumped from the fire escape, and focused another blast below him, which propelled him into the roof of a the building opposite. Dustyn jumped from roof to roof, not knowing where it go. His only thought was East.

Ella and Blaise
New York City
Affected RPers: Kei Ochima, Dark Amethyst

"She's gonna find out about the affair."
"The exam is tomorrow and I am nowhere near ready."
"If this horse wins, I am set for life, but if it loses, I lose everything."
"How do I tell my parents I'm pregnant?"

These are the thoughts that went through Ella's mind. But they weren't her own. Ella knew that it was wrong to invade their privacy, but her curiosity of the world gave her the temptation to learn more.

Ella sat in a cafe, and ate her breakfast, learning about all the things that we're going on in the world around her. She ate her cheese and potato pancakes, and drank her lemonade, wondering how she would spend her day.

"F*cking red lights! I am not going to let her die!"
Ella flinched at the language, but recognised the voice that thought it. The man who was attacked by the shapeshifter.

Ella looked around and found the car she saw from a few days earlier. Curious as to what was going on, Ella dug deeper in the mans head. She saw a scene of a woman unconscious on the ground, and a man walking away with a gun. She saw the man whose headnshenwas in pull the water onto the gunman and froze it into place, holding him to the ground. He picked up the girl, and out her in the car desperate to get her to the hospital.

"If I take her to the hospital, she will be recognised and taken by the company, but if I don't, she will die..."

The car was stopped at the lights, and didn't seem to be moving any time soon. Ella pulled out a real $20 note, and left it on the table. Taking a breath, Ella infiltrated the minds of the people within 20 meters of the car, creating an illusion. Ella ran out onto the road, and got into the car. To everyone else nothing happened.

"What the hell is going on?!" Yelled Blaise.
"I'm a friend who is going to help you out. The light will go green and everyone else will let you through." Ella said.
The man looked at the lights. They stayed the same, but to everyone else they changed.
Suddenly other people on the road pulled over, allowing Blaise to pass.
"How are you doing this?" Blaise asked as he out his foot down.
"I can read minds and create illusions. Nobody saw me get in the car, and nobody but you can see me here. I changed the lights t everyone else, and turned your car into a police car with sirens blazing." Ella said, "I heard your thoughts from over in that cafe, and want to help. When you get to the hospital, I will change her appearance to everyone but us, as well as the pictures on her ID. Nobody will recognise her."
"Thank you. But why are you helping me?" Blaise asked, "I don't even know you."
"I was in the cafe near the cemetery when the shapeshifter attacked you." Ella explained. "I saw you use your abilities, then accidentally found you again that night. I read your mind, and you interested me."

Blaise remained silent as he drove the car, unsure whether he should trust this strange girl, or whether she was manipulating him like she was everyone around her.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 04-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima

Ashley
New York City
Manhattan

Ashley's heart began to quickly race as she saw someone in the distance begin to walk towards her, the brunette's shadows around her hands increasing slightly as the person got closer and closer. Once he got into clear view, Ashley knew who he was, to which she took a deep breath.

"You're either really brave or really stupid to come out here alone." The male spoke, though what Ashley didn't expect was the fact that she was suddenly bound by something invisible. She tried to move, but it was like ropes or arms were wrapped around her which she couldn't see. "I don't want to hurt you, so could you do us both a favor and come quietly?"

"So you really are from The Company." Ashley growled, the dancing shadows around her hands disappearing as she smirked. "Sure. I'll come quietly." She spoke sarcastically.

Ashley wasn't able to move her arms but was able to move her wrists, directing her hands towards the base of a large nearby tree and summoned its shadows. The shadow suddenly rose up from the ground and went to her hands, the brunette turning her body into nothing but pure shadow and walked out of the vectors. Her body's image remained the same appearance as Ichiru saw before, but now nothing could touch her. If someone tried to throw something at her, or if Ichiru tried to use his vectors again, it would just go right through her body like water. Ashley had to be careful however because she had to stand in the tree's shadow the entire time, and also she wouldn't be able to keep this up for long amounts of time because of the mental toll she had to use.

"Nice little trick. Fortunately I have my own little tricks up my sleeve." Ashley spoke, crossing her arms over her chest as she concentrated for the tree's shadow to be directed towards her legs. "Now it makes sense why my brother would be protecting me from you in my dreams. It's because you work for The Company."

Ashley sighed, looking Ichiru up and down.

"It's a shame, sending someone as young as you onto the field to capture people like us. It would be a shame if someone mangles that pretty little face of yours." Ashley smirked, the brunette knowing she had an advantage as long as she stayed in the shadows. Ashley knew she was being cocky, but she felt safe right now from Ichiru.

"Now. I think it's time you and I had a little chat." Ashley began, her smirk leaving her face. "Are you even aware what would happen to my brother and I if we're taken into custody by The Company? They experiment on people like us, but that isn't the plan they have for my brother and I. They're going to use us as bait to capture my parents, and then The Company will kill my entire family and I. They don't want to try and convince us to join them... they're going to straight up kill us because of what my mother and grandfather did." Ashley paused for a few moments, letting her words sink in to Ichiru.

"My mother's name is Claire Bennett, and my grandfather's name is Noah Bennett. Noah worked for The Company but betrayed them in order to protect my mother, and then my mother was the one to expose the world of people with abilities when she was a freshman in college. She thought that if the world knew about us then we could evolve together and live in peace, but The Company pretty much compelled the world to fear us." Ashley paused and took a step forward, though making sure she was still safe in the shadow. "If you take my brother and I in, then you've pretty much signed our death certificates."

Ashley looked down at the shadow underneath her feet and took a deep breath, the brunette walking out of her safe spot and slowly walked up to Ichiru. Her body would now be solid to touch, but she needed to make a point to Ichiru.

"I saved your life just a few minutes ago back at the bagel shop. I could had let the shards of glass kill you, even knowing that you were dangerous from my dreams, but I still saved you regardless." Ashley stood right in front of Ichiru now. "Please let my brother and I go. If you don't... you'll be the reason why we'll die."

Jeremy
New York City
Manhattan

Jeremy reached the site of the explosion and began slowly walking down the destroyed city blocks. He didn't know how many people were dead right now, but he knew it had to be a lot. There was no doubt that schools would now be closed for an extended time, but what caused this?

"There's no way a terrorist bomb did this." Jeremy said to himself, the male looking around for any signs of life. He growled when there wasn't any, instead now trying to find clues as to who could had done this. As he continued walking however Jeremy only grew more irritated, the teen finding no evidence as to who or what caused this massive explosion.

"It wouldn't be The Company, so who the hell did this?" Sirens in the distance began to make their way towards the site as Jeremy whipped his head around in the direction where he had just came from, knowing that if the police saw that he was the only one on the site then he would be the very first suspect. The male then began sprinting away from the scene, making his way back towards the high school.

Alex
New York City
Manhattan

When Alex tried to flee the scene he had bumped into a guy and fell on the ground, the blonde male cursing as he tried to hide the gun in his pocket.

"Are you from the company you bastard?" The guy asked as he stood up. Alex cursed once again and reached for his gun but Blaise stood up too quickly, pulling water from the pipes and threw it onto Alex. Alex pointed the gun at Blaise and was about to fire but he froze the water, to which Alex growled since he wasn't able to pull the trigger. He saw Blaise lite a flame on his hand, though Alex didn't show any fear.

"I should kill you. But that's what the company does." Blaise said, "I won't stoop to that level."

"I'll find you and kill you!" Alex shouted as he tried to move, though he was frozen from the neck down as he watched Blaise take Caroline from the alley and hurried her to a car. "Both of you are dead!" Blaise then sped off, Alex seeing Kiseki and instantly recognized him from The Company. Alex watched silently as Kiseki fixed up a car and sped after Blaise and Caroline, the young man thinking that Kiseki was trying to help by capturing Blaise and Caroline.

OOC: @Cobalt Shadow: You can control Caroline in your next post if you want to so that she can go into surgery. I'll control her again after the surgery when she wakes up resting in her hospital bed.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:03 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Blaise and Ella
Hospital in New York
Affected RPers: Kei Ochima, DarkAmethyst

"There's the hospital!" Ella said from the back seat, pointing to the right.
"Can you make the car look like something else? People will get suspicious if they think it is a police car being driven by me." Blaise said. Ella knew he was right. She changed the appearance of it to everyone close by to a Blue Mitsubishi Pajero.

Blaise stopped the car in the front of the hospital.
"Okay, I have entered the minds of everyone nearby. Nobody will recognise us. Any IDs will match our new appearance and have different names on them to everyone else. You are Blayne Waters." Ella said. Blaise nodded as he got out the car and picked up Caroline, taking her into the building. Ella ran ahead to the reception.

"Help! My sister was shot! Somebody tried to mug her and it went badly. Her boyfriend is carrying her in now." Ella said to the person at the reception desk. Blaise walked in a few seconds later, carrying Caroline.

Hospital staff ran over to them with a stretcher, and Blaise placed Caroline on it. She was rushed to another room for surgery.

"She is gonna be okay after surgery." Said the doctor after quickly analysing the wound and the amount of blood, "Any later and she might not have been."
"Can you please tell me which room she will be in when she wakes up after the surgery? She will panic if she doesn't know I am alright, so I should be there when she wakes up." Ella said, lying through her teeth.
"I understand. Room 49 is free. I will organise for her to be taken there. You can wait there. If anyone gives you any trouble, tell them that J.D said you could." The doctor said as he went into the operation room.

Ella looked around and saw Blaise on the phone.
"What? She found the house?" Blaise said to the person on the other end, "Good job on catching her. Do not let her leave your sight until I get home."
Ella looked around, and created a new illusion. To everyone else Blaise was talking to is girlfriends parents, explaining the mugging and Ella was silent. Nobody could listen in.
"Nobody else can hear you. They think you are talking about something else." Ella said to him.
"Thanks." Blaise said to her, then began talking to the phone again, "I found Caroline. She refused to come with me because she said it was too dangerous. But she left and got shot. I have got her to the hospital now with the help of a friend. I might be late getting home."
Blaise hung up the phone.
"I have to say, good job. Is there anything I can get you? Some food maybe? Keeping up all these illusions must be tiring." Blaise said.
"It is still early in the day, so I still have some energy. But at this rate I will pass out by lunchtime. Could you please get me some food, and maybe one of those Energy drinks? I will be waiting in room 49 for Caroline."
"Sure," Blaise said.
"I am warning you though, my illusions only last a certain distance. There are shops in walking distance, but I recommend you lay low so people don't see you suddenly change appearance." Ella said to Blaise as she walked towards the room.
Blaise nodded and walked out, putting on a hood, and walking to the shops Ella mentioned.

Ella waited for a little while in the hospital room, reading the minds if people walking past to entertain herself. After a while, Caroline was brought in to the room, still unconscious from the surgery. After a little while, Blaise walked in with a bag of chips and a V.
"Thanks," Ella said, "Holding this many illusions to this degree drains my energy. Though I can do it a lot better now than I could before I ran away."
"Ran away? From the Company?" Blaise asked.
Ella didn't know who the company were. But instead of asking, she read Blaise's mind, and learnt who they were.
"No. My father was an important politician. I lived in a big mansion most of my life, never allowed to leave for my safety. I wanted to see what the world was like outside of the mansion, but was kidnapped and held for ransom." Ella said, "I used illusions to make one of the kidnappers kill the others, then himself, and walked out of there. After that I knew I could protect myself from the dangers if the world, and ran away."
Blaise was shocked. A seemingly innocent young girl had forced someone to kill his comrades, then kill himself. He shook off that feeling, remembering some of the things he had to do to survive in this world.
Caroline began to stir, and Blaise spoke again.
"When Caroline wakes up, let me speak to her. She knows me, and I will explain everything."
Ella nodded.

A few minutes later Caroline woke up.
"Caroline, you might not remember me, but I am Blaise from the Bagel shop. I went out to my car, and found you shot in the alley, with the gunman running away. I froze him to the ground, and brought you to the hospital." Blaise said, "thanks to Ella here, nobody recognises us. She can read minds and create illusions. To everyone else here, you look completely different, and your IDs have a fake name. That, and everyone listening to our conversation will hear something completely different. We all look completely different. You're safe here."

OOC: sorry for rapid posting. I wanted to get Ella involved with my last post and wasn't expecting to be able to bunny Caroline until the hospital when I made it.

Banner Made by Me
Old 04-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Dustyn
Highway around Central America
Affected RPers: Cherry Tomato, should he/she have his/her characters pursue Dustyn.

"Hey kid. Kid. Wake up."

Dustyn opened his eyes to the blinding light of the sun, quickly closing them again. The harsh light through the truck windscreen burned Dustyn's eyes. Not great way to start the morning.

"You fell asleep a few hours ago." said the truck driver, "I am stopping at a gas station. I thought I would lt you know in case you wanted to get something."

"Thanks," Dustyn said, as he felt hunger pains in his stomach.

They drove for a few more miles, and eventually pulled up at a gas station. They parked around the back.

"I am leaving here in 20 minutes sharp, and taking the exit behind the building." said the truck driver who went into the fast food restuaraunt. "If you aren't back at the truck by then, I am leaving without you. I have a tight schedule."

"No worries." Dustyn said, as he walked into the gas station. Judging by the state of where they were parked, not many people seemed to know about the car park or the freeway exit.

It was 10am, and the sun was shining bright in the sky. It had been three days since he ran away from Los Angeles. He found one of the warehouses that his dad runned, that exported stock away from Los Angeles. Finding a truck full of snack food, Dustyn hid in the back, but accidentally knocked over something whilst on the road. The truck driver inspected the trailer and found Dustyn there. Instead of asking questions and handing him over to the police, he offered for Dustyn to ride in the truck with him the rest of the way.

Dustyn went to the shelves and grabbed various things. Bags of crisps, Energy drinks, water and other cheap things. He had $50 in his wallet. His bank account was off limits. Any interacting with that would lead to him being traced.

"That will be $21.40," said the clerk who continued to stare at the clock. "Would you like a bag?"

"No thanks," Dustyn said as he shoved all his purchases into his bag.

Dustyn walked to the magazine rack, knowing he had another 15 minutes to go. He picked up one of the car magazines, and looked through that, until he heard something that chilled him.

"Traffic cameras picked up the kid on the freeway, in a truck. This is one of the most popular spots on the freeway. I think we will find him here." said a male voice from outside the building.

Dustyn ran to the counter, and asked where the bathroom was. He ran in the direction that the clerk indicated.

He found himself hiding in the cubicle, waiting for 10 minutes He heard footsteps walk through te door, and heard ll the doors being opened, one by one. Dustyn felt himself starting to panic, but knew that he didn't have the time. He held his breath, speeding up the adrenaline rush. He had control now.

The footsteps were getting closer, and Dustyn focused his telekinesis behind him. The door to his cubicle was opened, as Dustyn released the blast behind him. The blast pushed him forward, into the man, as they both hit the wall. The man took most of the force for Dustyn, and Dustyn felt his ribcage break under the force of him.

Dustyn turned, and faced the other man, who had a gun pointed at him. Dustyn used his telekinesis to throw the man into one of the cubicles, then pulled the walls of it around him, trapping the man.

Dustyn ran out of the bathroom, and tried to be as subtle as he could as he made his way to the truck. The truck driver arrived a minutes after he did, and they left. Dustyn tried to seem calm, but strugled to shake the thought that he would be found, since they managed to track him so quickly...

Banner Made by Me
Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Kiseki
New York City > Hospital > Apartments

As Kiseki followed the car down the street, something suddenly changed. At the red light that caught both of them, the blue Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX that he had been following suddenly became a police car with sirens blazing, and the light changed itself to green instantly. All of the cars ahead of the one Kiseki had been following pulled over to allow him to pass.

At first, Kiseki was at a loss. Surely he had just been following the guy from the alley who had rescued Caroline. This sudden change could have very well been caused by someone with an ability, which made him choose to follow the police car. It was headed to the same place as the other had been, which confirmed the fact that it should have been the same person.

However, when the car arrived at the hospital and Kiseki parked nearby to observe, the police car suddenly changed into a Blue Mitsubishi Pajero. Now he was sure that he was trapped in an illusion. As he watched, the people who emerged were completely different as well. The girl who had originally been Caroline was still shot in the same places, but she looking nothing like her. In addition to that, another girl was with him as well. Kiseki didn’t know if the third girl had already been in the car or not, but he was sure he hadn’t seen her.

He could have used his paradox abilities to reverse the illusion and see the truth, but something like that would take far too much energy, and it didn’t seem to be worth the risk. With a sigh, he turned the car around and drove back the way he came, this time heading for the apartment that he and Ichiru had been staying at.

Despite the fact that he had just decided to give up for now, Kiseki couldn’t forget about Caroline. It was strange because he didn’t actually want to capture her and take her back to The Company like he should have, he was just incredibly interested in her. But why was that?

Upon entering the apartment he and Ichiru shared, Kiseki pulled his laptop out of the bag he had been carrying with him this whole time and sat on the couch with it. After pulling out his cell phone and lying it beside him so that he could keep an eye on it, he pulled up the high school’s website and, with a bit of guilt in the back of his mind, hacked into the registry to view the students’ files.

Searching up ‘Caroline Forbes’ obviously wouldn’t give him any results, because she wouldn’t have been going by that name if she had managed to stay hidden for so long now. The name ‘Caroline’ stuck with him regardless, and prompted him to look through the students with that as their first name. Just when he was thinking that it was possible that she didn’t even attend that school and he was wasting his time, he caught a picture of the very girl he had seen in the bagel shop before everything had happened. The name beside it was ‘Caroline Hawthrorne’.

Kiseki brought up the file and saw that her current address was listed as well. He sat the laptop on the couch near his phone for a moment and got up to retrieve a notepad and pen from across the room, quickly writing down the address.

Ichiru
New York City
Woods across from the high school

"So you really are from The Company." Ashley growled in response to Ichiru, and the shadows around her hands disappeared as she smirked. "Sure. I'll come quietly."

Ichiru frowned at the sarcasm, knowing she was probably planning something. Before he could say or do anything, the shadow of a large tree nearby suddenly rose up from the ground and went into her hands. Ashley then turned her body into pure shadows and walked out of the vectors. This surprised Ichiru, but he didn’t allow it to show as he withdrew his vectors and allowed them to hover behind him.

"Nice little trick. Fortunately I have my own little tricks up my sleeve." She spoke again as she folded her arms across her chest. "Now it makes sense why my brother would be protecting me from you in my dreams. It's because you work for The Company."

Ichiru didn’t know why he was standing here listening to her talk, even if she did have the advantage of the shadows. Normally he would have been completely focused on capturing her now matter what the cost, but today he was a lot calmer for some reason.

Ashley sighed, looking the dark haired teen up and down.

"It's a shame, sending someone as young as you onto the field to capture people like us. It would be a shame if someone mangles that pretty little face of yours." Ashley smirked, and Ichiru couldn’t keep his own from coming onto his face. Clearly this girl was a challenge, and that was something he had been waiting for.

"Now. I think it's time you and I had a little chat." The smirk left the brunette’s face as she continued. "Are you even aware what would happen to my brother and I if we're taken into custody by The Company? They experiment on people like us, but that isn't the plan they have for my brother and I. They're going to use us as bait to capture my parents, and then The Company will kill my entire family and I. They don't want to try and convince us to join them... they're going to straight up kill us because of what my mother and grandfather did."

Ichiru’s own smirk left as he listened to Ashley talk. Even to him, the act of not giving them a chance to surrender and join them and simply killing them wasn’t right. However, it was also possible that Ashley was only telling him this to make him waver.

"My mother's name is Claire Bennett, and my grandfather's name is Noah Bennett. Noah worked for The Company but betrayed them in order to protect my mother, and then my mother was the one to expose the world of people with abilities when she was a freshman in college. She thought that if the world knew about us then we could evolve together and live in peace, but The Company pretty much compelled the world to fear us."

Ichiru frowned at the next bit of information. He had actually heard about such an event from his fellow agents at The Company when he and Kiseki were growing up. Of course, it had sounded a bit different from their point of view, but the basic facts were more or less true. Was Ashley really telling the truth, or just passing down a story she had heard in hopes that he was dumb enough to buy it?

The brunette took a step forward, and Ichiru glanced down at her feet to check the shadows. Obviously if she stepped out of them, she would be more vulnerable to attack, but as long as she was in them he couldn’t touch her. If she happened to make the mistake of stepping out without realizing, that would be his perfect chance.

"If you take my brother and I in, then you've pretty much signed our death certificates." After her next words, Ashley looked down at the shadow beneath her feet and took a deep breath. Then, to Ichiru’s surprise, she slowly walked out of the shadows and directly up to him. He moved the invisible appendages behind him out of instinct when she stood in front of him, positioning one at her neck and one at her chest. Sometimes people could sense when he did such a thing, which usually amused him, but right now he wasn’t thinking about that.

"I saved your life just a few minutes ago back at the bagel shop. I could had let the shards of glass kill you, even knowing that you were dangerous from my dreams, but I still saved you regardless. Please let my brother and I go. If you don't... you'll be the reason why we'll die."

Ichiru simply stared at her for several moments in silence, keeping his vectors in their places as he debated with himself over the situation.

After several moments, he sighed and relaxed a bit, though he only retracted his vectors a little incase she was tricking him.

“Why did you save me in the first place?” He asked. “If you knew I was going to be a threat to begin with, why not let me die and get rid of that threat?”

OOC: I'll find some way to bring Reina back in in my next post... hopefully.. xD

Old 04-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Caroline
New York City
Manhattan

When Caroline woke up she felt sharp pains traveling throughout her body, the blonde slowly opening her eyes as she let out a small moan. She saw that there were two people in an unfamiliar room she was in, one of those people being Blaise.

"Caroline, you might not remember me, but I am Blaise from the Bagel shop. I went out to my car, and found you shot in the alley, with the gunman running away. I froze him to the ground, and brought you to the hospital." Blaise said, "thanks to Ella here, nobody recognises us. She can read minds and create illusions. To everyone else here, you look completely different, and your IDs have a fake name. That, and everyone listening to our conversation will hear something completely different. We all look completely different. You're safe here."

"The guy who shot me was my older brother Alex." Caroline responded, then locking her eyes with Ella for a moment. "Thank you. Your ability is really helping us." Caroline smiled, then focusing her attention over to Blaise. "You carried me out of the alley?" Caroline's memory was a blur at the moment. The last thing she remembered was her brother shooting her, then everything went black until waking up here in the hospital. "You saved my life Blaise... both of you." Caroline reached up and took Blaise's hand into her own. "Thank you."

The door to the hospital room opened as Caroline released Blaise's hand and dropped it on the bed, a doctor walking in with a clipboard in his hand.

"Ah, there's our patient. How are you feeling?" The male doctor asked, having black hair and blue eyes who looked to be in his thirties.

"Like I've been hit by a truck." Caroline responded with a small laugh, which only made her wince in pain.

"We'll get you some painkillers." The doctor nodded. "You're lucky when your boyfriend and your sister brought you in at the time they did. You lost a lot of blood when the mugger shot you."

"My boyfriend and sister?" Caroline asked in confusion, looking over towards Ella and Blaise.

"How much do you remember?" The doctor asked in concern. Caroline quickly caught on with the story that Ella and Blaise must had told the doctors and nurses however, Caroline giving the doctor a small smile.

"Not that much, to be honest. You're right though. I really am lucky that my sister and boyfriend brought me here just in time." Caroline took Blaise's hand again after she spoke, making it look like they were a couple. When the doctor began to write something on his clipboard Caroline forced herself to sit up despite the pain and gave Blaise a soft kiss on the lips, the blonde needing to make their relationship believable.

"I'll go get those painkillers and then let you have some privacy with your sister and boyfriend." The doctor spoke with a smile, to which Caroline pulled away from the kiss just enough to give the doctor a thanking smile of her own. She leaned back in and gave Blaise another kiss, hearing the doctor close the door after leaving the room which made Caroline lean back to give Blaise an apologetic smile.

"Sorry about that. I almost blew our cover-story so I had to make our relationship look real." Caroline said, easing her way back down on the hospital bed while looking at both Blaise and Ella. "I hope I don't have to stay here for a long time. The sooner I get back to my apartment, the sooner we'll be out of danger from here."

Ashley and Jeremy
New York City
Manhattan

Ashley stood there silently as Ichiru stared at her for a few moments, the brunette knowing he was thinking over the situation in his head. She was nervous, knowing that Ichiru could trap her with his vectors at any time. When Ichiru sighed though, a small bit of hope flashed over Ashley's eyes.

“Why did you save me in the first place?” Ichiru asked. “If you knew I was going to be a threat to begin with, why not let me die and get rid of that threat?”

"Isn't it obvious?" Ashley asked with a small chuckle. "I'm not the kind of person who could let someone die, even if they're after my brother and I. Why do you think I only used my shadows as a defense when you trapped me and not actually attack you? I don't want to hurt you. I just want you to listen, and understand why you can't turn my brother and I in. I wanted to give you the information that you needed to make a decision, and since we're here only talking, I'm guessing you're letting my brother and I go." Ashley looked down, thinking over her next words.

"Another reason why I saved you is because you've been in my dreams more than once. If I had let you die in the bagel shop, then I wouldn't had gotten the answers I needed." Ashley then looked back up, locking her eyes with Ichiru's. "You gave me that answer I've been looking for. You're working with The Company, which is why you appear as a black wolf in my dreams and why my brother was protecting me from you. This very spot was the setting of my dream from last night. You were in it, and--" Ashley paused, realization hitting her. "So was my brother..."

Ashley quickly spun around to see Jeremy coming out from behind a tree, blue and white electricity spinning around in his hands.

"Get away from my sister!" Jeremy shouted in anger, the male firing a lightening bolt right towards Ichiru.

"Jeremy no!" Ashley shouted back as she stood in the path of the bolt and threw her hands up, trying to put up a shield made from shadows. The shadows didn't have enough time to become solid however as Jeremy's blue and white bolt went right through the shield, hitting his sister directly in the right shoulder. Her shield was in the middle of becoming solid however so when the bolt went through it it was actually slowed down quite a bit, resulting to Ashley only getting a bad burn on her shoulder. The force still knocked her down to the ground however as she laid on her back, Jeremy's eyes widening.

"Ashley!" Jeremy gasped, running over to his sister. Ashley sat up while holding her injured shoulder as Jeremy dropped to his knees at her side, the siblings locking eyes.

"Don't attack him." Ashley warned her brother.

"But I heard what you said! He's from The Company!" Jeremy argued.

"Please just trust me." Ashley begged, to which Jeremy clenched his jaw. He didn't move or say anything, which was a good sign as Ashley looked back up towards Ichiru. "Please let my brother and I go. I just saved you... again."
Old 04-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Blaise and Ella
Hospital in New York
Affected RPers: Kei Ochima

The doctor left, and Caroline apologised for kissing him. But Blaise's mind was absent. He was having flashbacks, of the alley with Abbee. Where he held her in his arms as she died from the gunshot wound. Blaise remembered the sorrow he felt when she closed her eyes for the last time, then the rage that he felt immediately after. He looked at the two men frozen to the wall. His senses were heightened, including the ones that detected fire and water nearby for him to manipulate. He felt in this state, two new sources of water. After all, the human body is 60% water. Blaise took control of the water inside the man, and heard him scream uncontrollably, as he ripped it from him, killing him. The second man saw and started screaming in horror, until Blaise took control of the water inside him, and froze it all. Blaise looked for security cameras, and destroyed them. He had never been able to do that before. He wept at what he had done, and how he had lost Abbee.

Blaise found himself crying in the hospital room. Ella stared at him in confusion. She mustn't have read his mind.
"I'm sorry. That just brought back bad memories." Blaise said, wiping away the tears. Blaise pulled up his sleeve on his wrist, showing the tattoo with Abbee's name.
"The reason I do what I do is because of her. I loved Abbee, but she was killed when the company tried to bring me in. That's why I hide people from the company. That kiss, as harmless as it was intended, made me remember my last few minutes with her, when she died in my arms."

Blaise wiped the tears off his face, then remembered what Caroline said earlier.
"Why did your brother want to kill you?" Blaise asked.
"Because she left her family, and he thinks she betrayed them." Ella said, "Sorry for reading your mind. I thought it might be easier than you having to talk. You must be weak at the moment."

Blaise remembered what the man said when he took Caroline to his car. He threatened to kill the both of them.

Ella continued to dig deep in Caroline's mind.
"Well this is somewhat ironic. He is a mind reader, like me." Ella said.
"Can a mind reader see through an illusion?" Blaise asked.
"Only if he reads a thought that gives away that what is happening around him isn't real." Ella said, "However if he thinks something that gives him away as Carolines brother, and I pick it up, I can put some fake thoughts into his head. I have read enough thoughts to know what the generic crap people think is."
"He knows she is probably in a hospital. After all, he did shoot her. I don't want to leave Caroline alone here with him after her." Blaise said, "So I have an idea. Only if you want to Ella. You have helped us enough as it is and we are grateful for that."
Ella sat in her chair for a second, unsure of whether to stay. As much as Blaise hated to admit it, he and Caroline needed her to keep Caroline safe. She was reading this thought from his head.
"Sure, I will help, but if you need illusions to this scale, I will need more food and energy drinks. But I can't go on like this for too long. I will need to sleep eventually." Ella said. She has never met others like her, mostly because her childhood was being locked in the mansion. These people interested her.

"Okay I will get some as soon as I tell you this. I will go wait out the front of the building. I need you to make me look like a doctor outside having a smoke. When I am out there, I need you to move Caroline's bed to another room, without being noticed. Do not tell me which room,"
Blaise said, "I cannot control my thoughts to well, as you saw earlier, and if I know where she is, he can read my mind and find her. In the new room, I want you to wait there and only maintain the illusion of me, an illusion of Caroline how she looks now in this room asleep, and something for you and her to not be questioned in the new room."
"Where are you going with this? I can keep those three without using too much energy." Ella said.
"I want you to monitor my mind when I am outside in disguise. I have seen her brother and will recognise him. You will know that he is here from my thoughts. When that is the case, I want you to put an illusion of Caroline in her real appearance in this room. Hopefully if all goes to plan, he will read the hospital staff's minds about the girl who was shot in this room, and kill the illusion of Caroline. That way he will believe she is dead and leave her alone for a while."
Blaise finished and looked at Caroline and Ella.
Ella thought about his plan for a minute.
"Sure. I will help. But I can't stay here forever." Ella said. Little known to everyone else, she was reading the thoughts of the doctors outside.
"The doctors say you should be good to leave later tonight if you don't show any signs of infection. We will wait until then, and go with Blaise's plan in the meantime. If he doesn't show, Caroline can stay with me until she has a way of changing her appearance. That won't seem too suspicious. She looks like she could be my sister."

Blaise realised that he and Ella hasn't stopped planning long enough to give Caroline a chance to say what she thinks.
"What do you think Caroline?"

Banner Made by Me
Old 04-29-2013, 03:48 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Ichiru
New York City
Woods across from the apartment

Ichiru listened to Ashley's response to his question quietly. He had to admit that everything she had said so far had shocked or confused him in some way or other. It was safe to say that at this moment he found her rather intriguing. Not once had one of his targets ever been able to bring even the slightest thought of mercy into his mind once he had the opportunity to capture them, but this girl had not only provoked compassion, she had also almost completely changed his opinion on his mission. If what she had said was true, then The Company had lied to him about his targets, which meant that they had most likely lied about other things... He would definitely need to check out Ashley's story for confirmation when he got back.

"Another reason why I saved you is because you've been in my dreams more than once. If I had let you die in the bagel shop, then I wouldn't had gotten the answers I needed." Ashley continued her response, snapping Ichiru out of his thoughts as she looked up and locked her eyes with his own. "You gave me that answer I've been looking for. You're working with The Company, which is why you appear as a black wolf in my dreams and why my brother was protecting me from you. This very spot was the setting of my dream from last night. You were in it, and--" She paused, and the dark haired teen sensed some sort of danger nearby just before she finished. "So was my brother..."

Behind the brunette, the male from earlier whom Ichiru knew as Jeremy, stopped out from behind a tree. Blue and white electricity spun in his hands as he looked at the other male in anger.

"Get away from my sister!" After yelling those words, he fired a lightning bolt toward Ichiru, who quickly moved the vectors he had kept positioned near Ashley to try and deflect it. However, just like in the bagel shop, Ashley suddenly appeared between him and the bolt. She threw her hands up in an attempt to deflect it with a shield made of her shadows, but the bolt struck before it had the chance to solidify completely and struck her in the right shoulder. The impact knocked her onto her back.

"Ashley!"

Ichiru was frozen for a few moments afterward, even as Jeremy ran over to his sister. He heard Ashley tell Jeremy not to attack him, even after the other male brought up the fact that he was from The Company.

Ashley then shifted her attention back to Ichiru as she spoke again.

"Please let my brother and I go. I just saved you... again."

The dark haired teen averted his gaze stubbornly, clearly frustrated with his inner conflict. His reaction made him appear like the teenager he was for probably the first time in quite a while. It was almost as if even if he wanted to capture these two and bring them in, at this moment it simply wasn't physically possible for him.

He sighed for the second time that day after several moments of thinking, and after retracting his vectors completely, he finally gave his answer.

"Fine. You saved me twice so... a life for each time mine was spared." He looked down at the wound on Ashley's shoulder after he had fallen silent again, seeming to think over his next words for quite some time. Finally, he made his decision and spoke again, this time a bit more timidly. "I don't expect you to trust me when I say this, but... I know someone who can heal that."

Last edited by DarkAmethyst; 04-29-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:26 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Caroline
New York City
Manhattan

Caroline looked down when Blaise explained to her who Abbee was and showed her the tattoo of Abbee's name on his wrist, the blonde feeling guilty about the situation. If she had known about Abbee, Caroline never would had kissed Blaise. The kiss wasn't the only thing Caroline felt bad about. Abbee was killed by The Company, which Caroline's parents owned.

Caroline snapped herself out of her thoughts when Blaise and Ella then began to talk to each other about Alex, Caroline hoping that her brother thought she was dead.

"What do you think Caroline?" Blaise asked.

"I think the plan is a good one." Caroline nodded in agreement as she looked from Blaise to Ella. "Once I'm released from the hospital then I can just go to my apartment to get some clothes, and then can stay with Ella while my shot wounds completely heal. Once they do heal, I think it would be a smart idea for me to leave the city. I don't know how long my brother will be lurking around here for."

The door to the hospital room opened then as the same doctor walked in, this time his clipboard being replaced by a cup of water and a Vicodin pill, which was a strong painkiller.

"This pill is called 'Vicodin'." The doctor explained to Caroline. "Are you allergic to any medications?"

"No." Caroline responded. "I took 'Vicodin' when I broke my ankle when I was Ten."

"So then you know this will make you very sleepy quickly." Caroline nodded at the doctor's statement, putting the white oval shaped pill into her mouth and washed it down with the cup of water. "Get some rest. If there's no infection then you can be released later tonight." The doctor then walked out of the room and closed the door, bringing Caroline to sigh.

Memories from when she broke her ankle returned to Caroline, remembering that her and Alex were playing on top of a slide during the winter and that she slipped on a patch of ice that was on top of the slide. Caroline fell all the way to the ground and broke her ankle, to which Alex quickly slid down the slide and rushed to her when Caroline started to scream in pain. Back then Alex loved Caroline and would do anything to protect her, but now he was hunting her. Caroline wished that she could fix things with Alex, but she knew they could most likely never be fixed. The thought brought tears to start stinging her eyes, bringing Caroline to quickly turn her head towards the window so she could try and hide them.

"The pills are already working." Caroline said, feeling a daze washing over her. She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep a few moments later, her hospital bed she was laying on having wheels for Ella to transport her to another room.

Alex
New York City
Manhattan

After what seemed like forever Alex was finally able to move and stretched his body to get his blood to pump properly again, an annoyed expression on his face. Someone had taken away his sister, which meant she probably survived the attack if she was taken to a hospital. Alex thought that maybe he could track down the car somehow, but he didn't even see the license plate.

"Damn it!" Alex shouted in anger as he stormed back into the ally, the male pacing back and forth as he tried to think of a plan.

His gazed traveled to a pool of blood where Caroline had been laying on top of, an idea hitting Alex as he walked over towards the fresh puddle of blood.

"I have a way to find you." Alex smirked as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box, the inside containing a few cotton balls and a plastic bag.

Alex knelt down and took a cotton ball, dabbing the blood until the white ball was nothing but blood red. He then sealed the bloodied ball into the plastic bag, a plan forming in his head. He knew a man in California who worked for The Company, the man having an ability. He was able to touch the DNA of anyone or anything and locate that person anywhere in the world, and was even able to know if they were dead or alive. He could see right through illusions too, which meant Caroline was in trouble. Alex put everything back into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone, dialing the man's number.

"Sean. It's Alex. How would you like to go on a little Witch Hunt?" Alex smirked.

Ashley and Jeremy
New York City
Manhattan

Ashley and Jeremy watched as Ichiru adverted his gaze stubbornly, the twins nervous of what his decision was going to be. If Ichiru wasn't going to let them go, then Jeremy was ready to attack at full power. He was prepared to kill Ichiru, if that's what it took to keep his sister safe.

"Fine. You saved me twice so... a life for each time mine was spared." Ichiru responded after a few moments and sighing, his attention shifting down towards Ashley's wound. He didn't say anything at first, but when he did he took the twins completely off guard. "I don't expect you to trust me when I say this, but... I know someone who can heal that."

"Absolutely not." Jeremy responded, his shock quickly turning defensive.

"Don't be rude, Jeremy." Ashley glared at her brother, but he ignored her as he only stared up at Ichiru.

"Just because you're letting us go this time doesn't mean you will in the future. I don't trust you at all, so I'm taking care of my sister's wound myself." Jeremy growled as he stood up and helped his sister to her feet. "It's people like you why my sister and I can't even see our own parents. We haven't seen them in almost three years because The Company is tracking their every move." Jeremy shoved by Ichiru with his shoulder and walked in the direction out of the woods while Ashley silently followed, the brunette turning around to look at Ichiru with apologetic eyes. She turned back around and followed her brother out of the woods, the pain from the burn starting to set in. The twins made it back to their apartment and went inside their own room, the two completely unaware that Kiseki and Ichiru were living in the same apartment complex.

"You didn't have to treat him like that." Ashley said as she sat on the couch, to which Jeremy closed all the window shades.

"He's working for The Company, Ashley! The same people who are hunting our family and keeping us apart!" Jeremy countered. "We don't know anything about that guy. Did he even tell you his name?"

"No..." Ashley looked down.

"Exactly. We aren't going to put any trust into that guy. For all we know, letting you go could had been a trap for you to gain his trust."

"I don't want to get into a fight with you. I'm hurting too much right now." Ashley's words brought Jeremy's solid expression to soften as he sat next to his sister on the couch, seeing that her shirt was badly burnt.

"Take off your shirt so I can see the damage." Jeremy instructed, Ashley nodding as she slowly took off her shirt which rubbed against the burn, her pink laced Victoria's Secret bra being revealed which was strapless. Jeremy's eyes widened, to which Ashley looked at him in alarm.

"What?" Ashley asked, quickly looking down at her right shoulder. A large second and third degree burn which stretched from Ashley's collarbone, all around her shoulder and a little bit down her arm could be seen, Ashley's own eyes widening.

"Stay here and don't move." Jeremy stood up after speaking and hurried into his room and then the bathroom, returning after a few moments with his laptop and a soaked hand towel. "Put this on your shoulder." Jeremy handed his sister the cloth to which she placed on the burn, the brunette holding in a scream as tears pooled her eyes.

"What are you doing?" Ashley forced herself to ask when seeing Jeremy placing his hand over the keyboard to his laptop and closed his eyes after sitting back down.

"I'm telling the computer to fax over a medicine prescription for painkillers, antibiotics and the strongest burn lotion possible to the pharmacy a few blocks from here." Jeremy responded. "I'm making the order first on their list, so by the time I leave here and go there then the order will be ready for me to pick up." After a few more moments of silence Jeremy took his hand away from his computer and opened his eyes, the male standing to his feet and walking towards the door.

"The order will be ready that quickly?" Ashley asked.

"Yes. Stay here and lock the door. Don't answer the door for anyone." Jeremy instructed, leaving the apartment to go to the pharmacy. Ashley sighed, standing up and locking the door before walking into her room with the wet cloth still held up to her shoulder. She opened her closet and pulled out a strapless ruffled black shirt, the brunette carefully putting it on and walking back into the living room.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Blaise and Ella
Hospital in New York
Affected RPers:Kei Ochima

"So how much can you do?" Blaise asked Ella, as he threw a can over Red Bull to her.

"I can make you see, hear, feel, taste, smell, anything I want." Ella said.

Blaise opened up the bag of chips he bought for himself, and threw one on his mouth. Suddenly he tasted something cold, and crunchy. He looked in his bag and saw centipedes crawling around inside it.

"So being able to read minds, you can find a persons worst fear and force them to live it?" Blaise asked. "That's why you chose to use centipedes?"

Blaise felt winds tear through the room, as the ground crumbled beneath him, revealing molten magma. Ella's eyes began to glow as she rose from the ground.

"Nice one." Blaise said eating another chip, after confirming it was actually a chip. "If I didn't know about your power, I would be shitting myself."

"When I was twelve, I was kidnapped and held for ransom." Ella said, taking a sip of her drink, "I forced one of the men to kill the others, then drove him insane to the point where he killed himself. Made him believe he killed his family."

Blaise paused. He wondered how a girl who seemed so innocent could be so insensitive to these things. Though he realised after seeing the corruption of humanity, people's deepest darkest secrets, it is impossible to stay innocent.

"So can you influence a sense given by a power," Blaise asked, changing the topic, "For example, could you shield my thoughts from Alex, and make him think I am thinking other things?"

"Yeah, I could, but I would need to know he is coming." Ella said, "Though I could probably pick him up from a block away, if I were to concentrate only on that. I am one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet. I don't know why though. I was deprived of much social interaction as a kid. Had no friends. Kinda had to read minds to feel like I knew something about people."

Blaise continued to eat and looked over at Caroline. She was special. More so than the others Blaise had met. He didn't want to let Alex hurt her.

"You're getting attached aren't you?" Ella asked, "Based on what I have read, you usually hide them, and don't think about them again unless they are found."

"This is going to get annoying fast." Blaise thought.

"Heard that." Ella said, starting to laugh.

"How do you know I wasn't bluffing?" Blaise asked.

"Because I'm a mind reader." Ella retorted.

Blaise remained silent, obviously annoyed.

"You know the silent treatment is useless on me, right?" Ella said.

"Anyway," Blaise said, trying to change the subject before he thought something he would regret, "I am going to head out now. Make sure that you change my appearance, and shield my thoughts. If Alex gets wind of an illusionist, he will find Caroline. Besides, with your gift, you can be the secret weapon, I'm case I can't take him out."

Blaise stood up, and went to the door.

"I will be back here in 12 hours." Blaise said as he walked out.

Blaise
Hospital in New York

"Damn it Blaise, you need to control your thoughts better!" Blaise thought to himself.

"Heard that!" Blaise heard Ella say from behind the door.

Blaise heard a gasp from behind the door, as Ella read the insult he thought.

He walked down the stairs, to the front door, and waited out the front, locating any water he could find, and playing around with tongues of flame, since he knew that Ella's illusion would stop the rest from seeing it.

"If he comes, I will be ready for him." Blaise said to himself.

Ella
Hospital

As Blaise left the room, Ella heard him think to himself.

"Damn it Blaise, you need to control your thoughts better!"

"Heard that!" Ella yelled out, laughing. The laughing stopped after she heard the insult that he thought, and Ella sat there horrified.

"Well I guess I had that coming," Ella thought to herself. She finished her drink, then tapped into Blaise's thoughts. He was downstairs by the door.

Ella felt her mind wander, as she tapped into the minds of the people in the hallway, creating an illusion. To them, absolutely nothing out of the ordinary happened. They didn't see a teenage girl push a hospital bed out of one room towards the elevator.

Ella pushed the bed into the elevator, as it went up a few floors. She found an empty room, at the end of the hall. She wheeled the bed into there, and put it in the corner, taking a seat next to it.

In her seat, Ella closed her eyes, and kept track in her mind of the illusions that were taking place, and the thoughts she was monitoring at that time.
There was nobody in the room they were currently in.
Caroline and Ella in their disguised forms were still in the old room.
Blaise's car was now a big four wheel drive.
Blaise was now a group of doctors, having a smoke out the front of the hospital, chatting.

Suddenly Ella had an idea. When Blaise would see Alex, or she sensed him, she would create another illusion. The room they were in now will not exist. There will be no door. Only the hospital wall.

Ella kept her eyes closed, making sure to maintain these illusions, whilst keeping her focus on Blaise's mind, but still scanning the minds of others who were near the door, looking for a sign of a telepath, or someone looking for Caroline. She planned on creating an illusion for Blaise if she detected him. A big arrow that only Blaise could see, pointing towards Alex.

Ella laughed at her idea, and the comedic value of it, still keeping her eyes closed...

Banner Made by Me
Old 05-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

Alexander Ryans, Subject Zero
New York City

Alexander's eyes snapped open as he heard the door to the apartment open and a gasp at the sight of him in the room. Instantly he was on his feet and sending a burst of Psionic energy at the man, sending him cartwheeling out through the window in the hallway and towards the ground outside the building. Bricks and shattered pieces of the wall flew everywhere as the entrance to the apartment exploded outwards, littering the street below.

The whole building seemed to groan as he calmly strolled out of the apartment as cries of terror and horror filled the hallways as people saw him leaving the destruction. One man ran to attack him, but he sent a burst of Psionic energy that tore the man, and the wall behind him, to shreds. The floor he was on now began to creak and splinter, and as he arrived at the end of the hallway he gazed back at all the people, before unleashing a powerful burst that decimated the entire hallway and all the apartments on the current floor.

Alexander landed in a crouched position, turning around and grabbing the teenager standing behind him, before slamming him into the wall. As the teen began to struggle, Alexander concentrated on stealing everything from the teen, who roared in pain as he flailed around in utter torment. With a final gesture, the teen dropped to the floor, before pulling off the teen's hoodie and putting it on himself, lifting the hood up in the process to hide his face. With one glance round, he unleashed a Psionic pulse below him, shredding the floor below him as well as consecutive others as he launched himself out of the building through the large hole caused by his earlier destruction.

Another glance behind him revealed the upper levels beginning to cave in on the building which began to collapse from the destruction wreaked upon it. Alexander gazed down at the street, where he spotted a swarm of emergency vehicles that had cordoned off the area. His eyes narrowed when he spotted a man, wearing a business suit, talking to several police officers.

"We got one of them!" A cop shouted, pointing up at Alexander, who grimaced as the cops all aimed guns at him, whilst the man in the business suit walked forward.

"By orders of the Company, you must cease and desist and come quietly!" the man shouted up at Alexander who sneered down at the man, though he didn't see it due to the hoodie.

Deciding not to verbally respond, Alexander raised his hands in front of him, and the Company member began to smile, before it turned to a look of fury as pieces of bricks began to appear out of nowhere in front of his hands, before he launched the barrage of deadly building blocks upon the cops. Cries of pain and the sound of the cars being completely engulfed in a wave of solid objects rang through the air, before silence filled the air as Alexander landed several feet in front of the Company man, who grimaced at the sight of all the emergency personnel buried, and most likely dead, beneath a swarm of debris that had been fabricated out of thin air by Alexander.

"Well, looks like we'll do things the hard way." the man said, before launching a burst of flames at Alexander, who brought his hands in front of him and created a small disc of purple energy over both his hands which blocked the flames.

"Huh, never done that before." Alexander muttered, before pulling the man towards him with a quick Telekinetic burst, and then slammed him into a wall with a powerful Psionic surge.

Before the man could react, Alexander used his telekinesis to pull the man towards him before slamming into the ground, and then Alexander was upon him, grabbing his face and lifting him up to throw him into a wall, crumbling pieces of it, before unleashing a powerful Psionic burst which destroyed the man completely as well as causing the wall to collapse. With a sigh, Alexander gazed upon his surroundings, before noticing a crowd of terrified people standing near a building.

With a sneer of disgust, Alexander thrust his hands towards the building before throwing his hands in the direction of the witnesses, ignoring the cries of terror as the building crushed everybody left, before he used a burst of Psionic energy to send himself into the air, and he began running and leaping over rooftops, away from the scene of destruction that he had caused. Alexander found himself on a rooftop across the way from a hospital, and he looked at the scenery.

When he looked at the front of the hospital he felt something niggling at his mind as he saw the overlapped image of a person playing around with tongues of flame, and under that a fainter image of what appeared to be a group of doctors chatting. The intensity of whatever was attempting to fool his mind increased, before he reinforced his Psychic Shield and narrowed his eyes as the image of the doctors began to fade away. The force of the illusion returned again, though the Psychic Shield continued to remain up, the faint image of the group of doctors had returned underneath the lone person.

Hmm intriguing... so there's a psychic of some sort in the hospital? Alexander wondered. The illusion keeps attempting to form, which means they're focusing on producing the illusion,. They must be pretty powerful as the illusion keeps trying to work its way into my mind.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.

Last edited by Kaioo; 05-02-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Ella and Blaise
Hospital in New York
Affected RPers: Kei Ochima, Kaioo

Ella sat in the hospital playing around on her phone. Very little of her energy was being put into her illusions and reading Blaise's thoughts. Suddenly she felt a sharp pain, as if a knife was being stuck in her head. Ella closed her eyes and let her mind wander. She found the source of the pain. A blank spot in her telepathy, that sourced from the roof of a nearby building.
"There must be a powerful Psychic there, if they are able to shield themselves from me." Ella thought.

Ella looked over at the table covered in food Blaise had brought. Ella knew that if she were to drop all other illusions, and use all of her energy, she could break through the barrier.

Ella tapped into Blaise's mind, and created an illusion of some letters. The letters spelt "Blaise, I need to drop the illusions for a minute. I will bring them back as soon as possible. Be ready."

Blaise continued to play with the flames, until he saw something strange. Letters in front of him. He had received Ella's message.

"Ella what are you doing? If Alex comes, Caroline is as good as dead." Blaise thought.

Suddenly the letters rearranged themselves.

There is someone who could be worse. My illusions aren't working on them. They must be a powerful psychic. Get out if view of the building across the road.

Ella exhaled, as the illusions faded. She could now focus on one thing. Nothing could stop that one thought.

Ella closed her eyes, and let her mind extend to the blank zone she detected earlier. She attempted to enter the blank zone, but it was like a brick wall. Putting a bit more energy into it, she felt the barrier shift, but still hold strong.

"Whoever this is is strong." Ella thought.

She took a deep breath , and concentrated harder than ever before. With one last attempt, she forced her way through the barrier, catching glimpses of the persons thoughts. Each second drained her strength.

She felt a rush of fear, of being found, and a desire to remain hidden. She heard police sirens, and screams of civilians. Scenes of blood and death, and just one repetitive word. Run.

"This person is wanted by the law." Ella realised. If she were to have them believe they had been found, they might flee.

Knowing she didn't have much strength left, she focused one illusion. A red dot, that shined passed the persons eyes. That of a sniper rifle. And a man ready to pull the trigger from a nearby building.

Ella forced the feeling of a bullet ripping through the flesh of the shoulder into the person, the sound of a gunshot, and the site of a bloody wound. This person would think they have been shot, and would feel the pain of it until they left the illusion radius, or Ella let go if the illusion. It was the most powerful illusion she had ever attempted, and the most physically draining on her.

Ella gasped, as her strength left her. This illusion was tiring her faster than any she had done. But she knew that very few would be able to see past it.

In a matter of minutes, she would fall unconscious. Blaise didn't know where she was, and if she did, Caroline would be unprotected. She continued to cling to the mind of the person, waiting to see if they would flee.

Banner Made by Me
Old 05-09-2013, 03:01 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Ichiru and Reina
New York City
Woods across from high school > apartments

"Absolutely not."

Ichiru had expected Jeremy's response, so it didn't appear to faze him when he quickly rejected the offer. The other male appeared to ignore Ashley's warning that came afterward, continuing as he stared at the dark haired teen.

"Just because you're letting us go this time doesn't mean you will in the future. I don't trust you at all, so I'm taking care of my sister's wound myself." He stood up, helping Ashley to her feet as well. "It's people like you why my sister and I can't even see our own parents. We haven't seen them in almost three years because The Company is tracking their every move."

Ichiru's eyes flashed when Jeremy shoved by him with his shoulder on his way by, and when he turned around to face him, he instinctively sent the vectors that had been hovering behind him toward the two of them. However, when Ashley turned around to look at him with apologetic eyes, something stopped him.

He gave a heavy sigh and retracted them yet again, this time allowing them to disappear completely. It wasn't like him to miss the opportunity to capture his target, but what Ashley had told him had already planted a seed of doubt in his mind. He didn't like the idea of being lied to all of his life. What if all of the people he and Kiseki had brought in over the years had actually been innocent?

Yeah, right. He scoffed at himself, shaking the thought away. However, no matter how far fetched the idea seemed, he would still look into it once he got back to the apartments.

Ichiru started to leave the woods as well, but stopped right after, turning his attention to a tree nearby.

"I know you're there. Why don't you show yourself?"

There was a moment of hesitation before Reina slowly stepped out from behind the tree. She didn't appear to know what to think as she looked at Ichiru, her expression a mixture of shock, detest and even a bit of fear.

"So you're with The Company."

"I am." Ichiru turned to face her, giving a smirk. "Are you going to try to kill me, too?"

Reina was silent, merely glaring at him for several moments before she gave her response.

"That depends. If what I saw just now is how you really are, then there's no reason to."

"I'm only repaying a debt." Ichiru folded his arms across his chest. "That aside, what were you doing behind that tree anyway?"

"I was headed to school when I saw the mushroom cloud in the distance. But before I could go check that out, a flash of light came from in here, so I decided to investigate that first." This was probably the most Reina had spoken with anyone other than her co-workers in years. Too bad there wasn't a friendly atmosphere.

"I see." The look in Ichiru's eyes appeared to be that of one who was about to corner a prey. "And, knowing that flash could have possibly come from someone with abilities, what did you expect to do to help? You're unarmed and it's not like you have abilities of your own, right?"

Reina scowled, knowing he was cornering her. When she didn't say anything, Ichiru spoke again.

"I've suspected you for a while now. Your hair color doesn't exactly fit in with those who dye their hair abnormal colors, if one really stops to think about it. And you also look very similar to a girl depicted in several news articles from a few years ago." Ichiru felt the temperature around them suddenly drop, and couldn't help but chuckle lightly. "You're only proving my theory right by acting defensively."

A light vibration at his side brought the dark haired teen to pull out his cell phone, where a text message from Kiseki was shown on the screen, saying that he just saw the Gilberts return to the apartments and asking if he was okay. Ichiru put the phone away and looked back at Reina.

"Fortunately for you, you're not my main priority right now. I don't feel obligated to capture you at this moment."

Reina appeared obviously confused, but didn't lower her guard.

"...Something about the two of you always did seem different."

Her comment caught Ichiru off guard, but he didn't let it show as he looked at the younger girl.

"What do you mean?"

"I had a feeling that you and your brother might be from The Company when you started visiting the bagel shop regularly. But somehow you seemed different. The two of you are more... human than the others."

"You do realize we were only acting friendly?"

"That's not what I mean. You showed it just now - three times. You didn't take the opportunity to kill that girl from before, let her and her brother go and even offered to help after she took a hit for you, and even pardoned me just now."

Ichiru tried to deny her claims, but found himself unable to say anything.

"I don't trust either of you, and I probably won't until you've proven yourselves, but neither of you belong with The Company. Part of you is already starting to realize it." She gave him a smile; the very one he saw every morning in the bagel shop. "You'll make the right choices. And when you do, I'll be glad to help you."

Before Ichiru could respond, she turned and disappeared into the trees, heading in what appeared to be the direction of the hospital. The dark haired teen couldn't move for a few moments, but the arrival of another text message from Kiseki brought him back to reality. After finally giving a response, he finally left the woods himself, heading back to the apartments.

Kiseki and Ichiru
New York City
Apartments

"You let them get away? You?" Kiseki looked at his brother in shock after receiving the explanation of all that had happened while the two of them walked down the hallways in the apartments, although he had to admit he was relieved.

"I was just repaying the debt of being saved twice." Ichiru repeated the same excuse he had given Reina, although this time he seemed less sure about it. Kiseki seemed to pick up on it, but before he could question it, Ichiru changed the subject, speaking more softly. "What about your target? Did you lose her?"

"Yeah... I think the guy who picked her up may also have the ability to create illusions. Of course, that's assuming the second girl I saw get out with him at the hospital wasn't just an illusion as well. If not, it could have been her."

"All of these people with abilities popping up in one day..." Ichiru gave a sigh. He looked up then, noticing Jeremy coming out of one of the apartments. He quickly pulled Kiseki behind a corner, instructing him to remain quiet as the other male walked by. The two of them stepped out again once he had disappeared, and Ichiru looked at Kiseki with a smirk.

"Well this just got easier." The smirk faded shortly after as they approached the door. "... I can't believe I'm going out of my way to do this."

"Hush. She looked really bad when they came in. It has to be worse by now."

"But how is that our-"

"She was hurt protecting you. You said you were going to repay the debt, right?" Before Ichiru could respond, Kiseki lifted a hand and knocked on the door.

OOC: Sorry for cutting it off randomly... It was already long enough and I didn't want to keep adding to it xD