Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the forum! Introduce yourselves here.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Hey guys! I'm back. XD

I really would like to--no, I need to--give my deepest apologies to anyone who has been affected and/or offended by the vindictive, intolerant, immature, attention-whoring, and overall terrible nature I have had the tendency to portray here. While I definitely was not the worst member ever, or perhaps I was not as horrible as I thought I was, I need to get all this off my chest because it bothers and ashames me to no end. There have been many occurences back then which I look back on with utmost regret. I am not proud to have to admit any of this, but simutaneously I will not hesitate to stand up and acknowledge and confess to my flaws.

Back then, getting attention for my pixel art was like a drug to me. I began my forum "life" as being spoiled rotten by attention and positive feedback. Whether I wanted to admit it or not, I discouraged criticism and became incredibly envious of anyone who received more attention than me. This mindset, to varying degrees, had carried on for several years more (usually diminishing slightly each year, but still existent).

I still ponder why this was so. I certainly have not been a good role model or anything of the sort--that is for sure. Sure I was and generally still am rather friendly in person, I guess, so I've made a lot of friends and acquaintances over the years...but I suppose it just has bothered me how these individuals completely overlooked my elitist attitude in the subject of pixel art.

On DA, let's just say that I have, in the past, posted a couple of journals filled with angry ranting about this or that about the forum's sprite section. I never weighed the consequences, and about a year later, after I was over it, I suddenly noticed a message in my DeviantART inbox. It was a reply to a journal I created about a year or half a year prior, by no one other than a good friend of mine who also happens to be a very well-valued moderator and member here of this community. To this day I'm honestly glad she stood up and voiced her concerns. She had stated that every time she tried to search for this forum on Google, she would see a link to that journal as one of the top results...certainly something I never would have expected. She voiced her concern that despite possibly agreeing with some points stated in the journal, to an extent, that the overall hostile tone of my rant offended her. I edited the contents of the journal out within a heartbeat. Note that I did not delete it, because I wanted her and the overall public to be able to see my reply and apology.

I started coming back to the forum about a year ago for a few brief months. Long story short, I finally snapped after I felt as if I had been judged unfairly in a pixel art contest.

Oh, and by the way, that's another thing. I want to really apologize for my outburst; I guess that my mindset is that I don't like to be embarassed; in that case, embarassed by being outdone by an entry that I saw as sub-par. I am horribly sorry for having been so selfish.

I lurk the forums occasionally for nostalgic and inspirational reasons, but am generally too ashamed to login. The last time or so that I did login, however, I noticed that I had a few VMs; mainly just "happy birthday" 's, and a user or two who had expressed concern for my departure. I still don't really understand why this was, but this is a bit besides the point.

Overall, I want to apologize profusely for my occasional / frequent outbursts and whatnot. I would like to say that I've matured more and have learned a lot within the past year, but I have said that in the past just too many times for comfort.

I wanted to post here to hopefully tie together most of the loose ends I left behind, and perhaps to maybe post here as a member again. However, I am not sure if that is ideal for you guys, so I may continue to mainly just lurk. I would appreciate you to not be excited for my re-arrival, because I do not feel that I deserve such emotions directed towards me. All I hope for is perhaps a little understanding and/or forgiveness, but even that I do not expect at all. Ultimately, I just am glad to have gotten this all out! I am a bit hesitant to publish this post, nonetheless, because I honestly do not know what to expect from you guys.

Conclusively, claiming that I am merely sorry does not make up for my feelings of regret and heartfelt apologies.

Thank you so much for your time to read this; I greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by Speed-X; 04-08-2013 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:12 AM
Dragotech Offline

Default Re: Heartful apology and possible return.

Well, I didn't know you, soooooo I am not sure what to say as far as your apology.
I guess I can ask you to behave yourself? I dunno. At least you apologized for your misbehavior?
That is worth something... I think.

I will say hi, and possible welcome back.

Is pixel art like pointillism?
(Is totally hoping that I spelled that right)

Edit:
PSSST: I think Typhlo totally idolizes you.

Last edited by Dragotech; 04-04-2013 at 02:37 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:31 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Speed-X is...back?! <3

All is forgiven in my perspective, I'm so glad you're back! *U*

I really never knew why you left, I just logged in one day and you were gone...:\ Your apology appears very sincere and you seem to mean what you say, I'm very happy for you! Hopefully you'll stay with us. ^u^

I thought you were really cool, I didn't know anything like you explained was going on, but you have obviously matured and are over that, and besides, your art was amazing!

Don't you go anywhere else, now, stay here for a while. c:
Old 04-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Speed-X Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragotech
Well, I didn't know you, soooooo I am not sure what to say as far as your apology.
I guess I can ask you to behave yourself? I dunno. At least you apologized for your misbehavior?
That is worth something... I think.

I will say hi, and possible welcome back.

Is pixel art like pointillism?
(Is totally hoping that I spelled that right)

Edit:
PSSST: I think Typhlo totally idolizes you.
It's okay! It's definitely been a while, so I'm not surprised at the fact that there are now new members. Nice to meet you. c: Hope you have been enjoying your time here! And thank you for your post. ^^

Perhaps I am being a bit hard on myself in my post, since it's kinda more like stuff that I saw that some other people may have taken notice to. However, I felt really at fault, so I wanted to just mention all of that.

Pixel art. Okay, maybe the term "sprite art" will ring more of a bell? By definition of pixel art and popular definition of sprite art, they are referred to as one in the same thing. c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion
Speed-X is...back?! <3

All is forgiven in my perspective, I'm so glad you're back! *U*

I really never knew why you left, I just logged in one day and you were gone...:\ Your apology appears very sincere and you seem to mean what you say, I'm very happy for you! Hopefully you'll stay with us. ^u^

I thought you were really cool, I didn't know anything like you explained was going on, but you have obviously matured and are over that, and besides, your art was amazing!

Don't you go anywhere else, now, stay here for a while. c:
Aw. Well, thank you very much for your kind words! It's so fantastic to know how forgiving you guys are and such. I regret the many times I've blown up and left, but I am hoping that this time, I can totally make up for that.

Thank you! You have no idea how much better I feel now that I got all that off my chest. And I hope so, as well. Just know that if I start becoming inactive again it is more likely because of external reasons (school, work, etc) than anything else, hahahah. xD

Aw, shucks. Well thank you very much! I am sorry to say that I personally do not remember you, but you seem like a great person. ^^ Hopefully we can become acquainted in the future. c:

Well, I will try.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:19 AM
Dragotech Offline

No problem on the post, yep my time here has been rather enjoyable. Though the forum seems a little slow lately.
Well I've done rather foolish stuff too, sooo hey can anyone cast the first stone because they haven't been stupid/ foolish/ just plain ridiculous or something like that.

Sorry I don't know anything about sprite art either not one with the interwebz art, but it looks like neat stuff
Old 04-04-2013, 05:26 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Hm, maybe you knew me as Shiny Jolteon? A lot of people coming back don't recognize my new username. xD

Nonetheless, I remember you, we never got very close best friend biffle but you were cool to me, I was stumped to see you leave. xD
Old 04-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

I remember you, though I never knew of the stuff you mentioned until now. Ah well, welcome back. I was Legend collector until about 6 months ago, if you don't recognise me ha ha

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 04-04-2013, 06:03 PM
TrainerKristian Offline

I have no idea what you've done, but everyone makes mistakes. So don't blame yourself!

Anyway, welcome back to the forum! Hope you have a good time here!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:07 AM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

I also want to welcome you back :) I have a feeling I know what you're talking about, and though that may have been...it's all in the past! Welcome to a fresh start, Speed!

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 04-06-2013, 02:19 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Welcome back! :)

I entered a tunnel of infinite sadness when you left. But now you're back! :)

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:17 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Like, really, wtf is wrong with you. Leaving?! When you still have friends here? ;-; I still keep the gummy Feraligatr and snow sculpture Vaporeon on my desktop, and, when you were gone, in my heart. <3

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 04-06-2013, 05:17 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Hey, welcome back, Speed. It's not been the same in the Sprite Section since you left, imo.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

I remember you! I have no idea what happened with you or anything but it's cool to see a familiar face. Welcome back pal.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:13 AM
Speed-X Offline

Reply to ALL of the comments!

I did not expect this much feedback. O_o I will respond to them individually. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion
Hm, maybe you knew me as Shiny Jolteon? A lot of people coming back don't recognize my new username. xD

Nonetheless, I remember you, we never got very close best friend biffle but you were cool to me, I was stumped to see you leave. xD
The name rings a bell, actually. A lot has been happening since when I left, so that is a possible catalyst as to why I don't remember all too well. I do feel quite awful admitting to that, though. I hope you can forgive me for this. ._.

Wait. You were in the Gotta Catch 'em All thread, right? And you requested from my sprite request thread. Silly me! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Shadow
I remember you, though I never knew of the stuff you mentioned until now. Ah well, welcome back. I was Legend collector until about 6 months ago, if you don't recognise me ha ha
I guess that seems to be the case with a lot of posters. xD Like I've said, I guess half of it is just some indirect things I have said, done, and projected and perhaps only one or two people and I have really payed much attention to. Nonetheless: I was glad when I finally hit that "Post thread" button. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerKristan
I have no idea what you've done, but everyone makes mistakes. So don't blame yourself!

Anyway, welcome back to the forum! Hope you have a good time here!
Thank you for the understanding; sometimes, it's just good to know that compassionate people exist. XD I think some customers that shop at the Kmart I work at could learn a lesson or two from you guys, hahahah. (Rough day today at work, but that's a story for another day.)
And yes, that is true. I feel like I really made a bad impression; it doesn't seem like I did, but even if I did at least I've tried to make up for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard
I also want to welcome you back :) I have a feeling I know what you're talking about, and though that may have been...it's all in the past! Welcome to a fresh start, Speed!
Hahahah, that is quite probable, since I tend to have a habit of venting to and talking about my problems to my friends. ^^;; But nonetheless, thanks for the re-welcome! By the way, sorry about the roleplay. I looked back at that forum a week or two ago and re-figured out pretty much the exact reason that I just stopped managing it: a big, big part of my life came into play that week. But I digress! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerful Cherubi
Welcome back! :)

I entered a tunnel of infinite sadness when you left. But now you're back! :)
Oh no! I'm hoping that is partially an exaggeration. I am really sorry that my leaving had upset you.
Maybe it was just a part of my life that was kinda necessary. pe2k wasn't really the only thing that I stopped taking part in, I think. I want to believe that was just a phase in which I had to step back from everything and reevaluate who I am and blah blah blah. Insert rant about me finding myself here. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku Sakuraba
Like, really, wtf is wrong with you. Leaving?! When you still have friends here? ;-; I still keep the gummy Feraligatr and snow sculpture Vaporeon on my desktop, and, when you were gone, in my heart. <3
Heheh. I apologize! xD But hey, I think that maybe that departure was kinda a positive thing in a way: over the year, I've kinda stepped back from a lot of things and reevaluated them and myself. I feel like I've changed over the past year, but then again that could just be me. XD
Aw. Well, thank you bunches! ^.^ That comment just made my day.
Well, all of these comments did. But I think you get my point, hahahah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkit
Hey Moonkit! Thank you for the re-welcome. I don't feel as if I did THAT much with the sprite section other than maybe add some comments/feedback here and there and post my works, in my honest opinion. Then again, I really need to learn how to take compliments and such better. XD Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi
I remember you! I have no idea what happened with you or anything but it's cool to see a familiar face. Welcome back pal.
Thanks, Tombi. I remember you as well! c:

------------------------------
</end replies>
I don't know why I'm speaking so formally though. O.o