Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default In-game Currency

Discussion time!

So, guys, I've been replaying through Pokemon Crystal lately--and it's been interesting to see how far the Pokemon games have come since those days. But I've noticed something about the older games. Maybe it's just me, but it certainly seems like it was harder to earn cash in the older games than in the newer games. I've really had to be paying close attention to the things I've buy, and seriously budget myself--and yet, in the newer games like Black and White, I've been able to buy whatever I've needed with little worry.

I have to say, though--I like this. It adds another level of challenge to the games, and it actually kind of saddens me that it's not as big of an obstacle in the newer games than it was back in Silver, Gold, and Crystal. I'm not sure what causes this discrepancy: is it that the battles in the newer games give you more money? Or is there just a bigger quantity of battles?

What do you guys think? Do you feel the same way about the differences? Is money really not becoming an issue anymore in your play-throughs? Would you like to see money become a bigger part of future games? Share your thoughts with me :)

Old 03-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: In-game Currency

It is harder to get, once I only got like (P)30 for a 6 v 6. ;-;

I think it's awful! xD I like the newer games, I have money!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Bombazzzo Offline

I'll agree that the newer games have made it way easier to get money, I mean at like mid-game you can buy 99 of certain items like its nothin..

It makes it seem that getting items is just something you have to go do, not something you have collected the means to do. I personally really like having to budget my spending and only buying what would be the essentials, it does add another element to the game, albeit a small element.

I guess it goes along with everything become easier nowadays. Nothing beats the old school Pokemon games ^^

credit to EmBreon for the banner ^^
Old 03-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

I don't know about you guys, but I personally don't like being reminded about how broke my character is in-game as I am in real life.

At least in the newer games I can enjoy something like personal luxurious villas and summer houses instead of having to struggle through a couple battles and still not be able to afford a Super Potion.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:09 AM
Silverwynde Offline

I swear, in the newer games it comes to a point where your character practically poops money. Seriously, you kick over a rock, find something valuable and can sell it for a mint. It's almost too easy now!

But at least I can load up on nice items that my crew likes, so I can't complain too much. I just wish it were that easy to make that sort of cash IRL. =/

Guardian: Evolve @ 159
My VPP Stats
Old 04-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Obliveon Offline

I agree. I was playing Sapphire the other day, and it's amazing how hard [and how much it cost] to get a few Super Potions. It was nuts.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:57 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Buying decor for your D/P/Pt villa costs soooooo much. I cheated to get max money and ran out before I got all the decor. :I

I like having a lot of money, makes everything worthwhile! ^^
Old 04-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I rarely use items because I always power my Pokemon and actively seek encounters with wild Pokemon and trainers. There really is no purpose for me to have money in the first place. xD
Old 04-24-2013, 05:29 PM
~Blast Burn

Training/Grinding is like, the very point of Pokemon, and I hate it. xD

I battle trainers, but I don't like grinding on wild Pokemon, it takes forever. ;-;

So I need money to buy tons and tons of medicine. I usually have about 50 Full Heals, Max Potions, and Full Restores. I also buy 100s of Pokeballs. :u
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Amulet Coin/Lucky Incense + Pay Day. Fun to be had.

Granted, I just battle quite a lot, so it helps. Money was never an issue in R/S/E for me due to me actively seeking out trainers who wished to have a rematch...And getting very bored when no one did.

Also, I like to buy Pokeballs in tens, so I get Premier Balls by an even amount. I really like those, Luxury Balls, and Dusk Balls :I Preeettty~
Old 04-25-2013, 01:59 AM
Dragotech Offline

Yeah, I remember in my days of playing Crystal... Money was extremely hard to come by... but back then I judged the strength of a move based on its animation.... sooooo back in the days where I was kinda dumb... beating the Elite four with Scratch!!!

But anyways... once I became Pokegame smart, I started grinding to evolve tododile quickly. I then spent 3000 on Ice Punch in Goldenrod. Then mashed my Rival like potatoes and gettin a small payout for doing so.

but yeah... money does seem more difficult to come by in the early games. Unless you sit there and bully the Elite Four over and over again.