Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

View Poll Results: Favorite Gen?
Generation I (R/B/Y/FR/LG) 2 15.38%
Generation II (G/S/C/HG/SS) 3 23.08%
Generation III (R/S/E) 3 23.08%
Generation IV (D/P/Pt) 1 7.69%
Generation V (B/W/B2/W2) 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2013, 01:48 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Favorite Generation (including remakes)?

The big question that has been answered from many generations (LOL YEAH I'M FUNNY).

So, what's your favorite? It includes remakes, which means:

HeartGold and SoulSilver are Generation II
FireRed and LeafGreen are Generation I

My favorite is II. HeartGold and Gold are the best games ever nothing can surpass in my opinion. I started out with Gold, all of my op 10 Pokemon come from Johto, I love the plot and the fact you can travel to Kanto. <333
Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 AM
goldwynaut Offline

Default Re: Favorite Generation (including remakes)?

there has probably never been a poll regarding the gen war before! 10/10 oc *applause*

but in all seriousness, gen one is my favorite, the generation one pokemon are the originals, which means that every generation after them are modelled after then, the first generation set the standard, and they are as original as can be. if the later gens didn't bear any similarities to generation one at all they would officially on longer be pokemon, that's what separates pokemon from digiMon and the likes of that.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 AM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I find it weird you think of it like that. xD

I think all the games are original as can be. It's original as long as it doesn't totally copy of it's predecessor(s), or being the exact same game. And since G/S/C wasn't the EXACT same thing (same music, people, Routes, everything is the exact same), I think it's original.

I also don't see it as the other games are modeled after the old ones. A lot of the newer games imo are BETTER that the older ones. Personally HG was better than Gold, and the brief time I've played Pokemon Red, FireRed was a lot better.

If further Generations had no ties to Generation I, they'd still be Pokemon...as long as they had actual Pokemon and battling trading, etc. Generation V has very little ties to gen I. If Generation I Pokemon were not available in B/W, it;d have no ties. If PWT didn't feature anyone from Kanto and had no Kanto Pokemon, it's have no ties.

In summary, I believe what I just said. xD ^
Old 01-02-2013, 01:04 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

Probably generation 5... I loved black but the story could have been longer I also think gen 2 was good with gold and heartgold games.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:15 PM
goldwynaut Offline

I am not saying gen one is better solely because they are the original, i said that if the later generations of pokemon didnt draw anything at all from generation one, they would be very different, very few pokemon are overdimentioned and few moves are overly complicated, if it wasnt for gen one, pokemon would be no different than digimon. Telefang is a game similar to pokemon that fell victim of overly complicated evolution lines, just look at this:
Spoiler:

You wouldnt like it if pokemon evolved like this, would you?
Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
Spoiler:

You wouldnt like it if pokemon evolved like this, would you?
If they were cuter, had better names, and better item names, I'd like that...*goes off into dream land about Eevee evolving more than once*

I think Gen V is probably my second favorite, and I agree, could've done so much more with B/W. B2/W2 were some of the best Pokemon games ever. <3333
Old 01-02-2013, 04:18 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g
Wink Re: Favorite Generation (including remakes)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
and I agree, could've done so much more with B/W.<3333
Glad to see someone agrees with me.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Nnnnnnneh, hard choice >>'

I was going to vote for Gen 4 because I've been replaying Platinum recently, and I frankly like the Pokemon of that Generation ^^'

BUT I ended up going with Gen 5 because of the story, graphics, and new game mechanics ^^

Old 01-06-2013, 05:49 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

I'll be an odd one out. One vote for Hoenn from me because that Generation is when I started seriously playing Pokemon and monitoring the franchise. In addition that Gen came out with my favorite starters, my favorite legendary trio, and my second favorite fossil Pokemon.

I will however give props to Gen V for emphasizing my favorite type with epic pokemon. ALL HAIL DARK-TYPES!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:55 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgmental Arceus View Post
I'll be an odd one out. One vote for Hoenn from me because that Generation is when I started seriously playing Pokemon and monitoring the franchise. In addition that Gen came out with my favorite starters, my favorite legendary trio, and my second favorite fossil Pokemon.
The game I really monitored was HG/SS. I only knew about D/P/Pt from commercials. I had never gotten the games on their actual release date, a few weeks after for Platinum, and bit after for Pearl. I got HG on the DAY it came out and I've gotten White and White 2 the day they came out. :'D

Quote:
I will however give props to Gen V for emphasizing my favorite type with epic pokemon. ALL HAIL DARK-TYPES!
I think you mean Fire Types

jus sayn
Old 01-08-2013, 05:09 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
The game I really monitored was HG/SS. I only knew about D/P/Pt from commercials. I had never gotten the games on their actual release date, a few weeks after for Platinum, and bit after for Pearl. I got HG on the DAY it came out and I've gotten White and White 2 the day they came out. :'D
It took me a while to actually decide on getting Ruby and Sapphire because Groudon looked badass, then my mom got them for me and I played them nonstop for a year and a half. When Platinum came out I made sure that the first thing I did after beating the game was migrating my Blaziken into Sinnoh. Never regretted it since.
Quote:
I think you mean Fire Types

jus sayn
Down, boy.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM
vegetunks937 Offline

I like the gen 5 my 3rd game i have completed with all pokemon
Old 01-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Master Rayquaza Offline

Generation III is my favorite. It has my favorites such as Manectric, Aggron, Absol, Salamence, Metagross, Latios, Groudon, and Rayquaza. Emerald is also my favorite game.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

Generation I is my favorite for sure.

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Old 01-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Obliveon Offline

Jhoto. Always Jhoto.