Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:33 AM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori
Default Re: Modern Mythology [RP]

Ashfinger
Pro-secrecy, Mawr Cattân
Somewhere in Europe
Affected RPer: Winter

Photo shoots. Always endless photo shoots, day in and day out. Of course Ash didn't expect anything different, given his current's charge's occupation but still, he thought there would be at least a little more excitement going on around here. Today was a pleasant change in way, playing heavy on the irony of a wintery Fae and of the fact that the humans had absolutely no idea of it, and Ash found himself grinning to himself more than once at the fun of it all. It was always so much fun to tease to humans, to dangle things right in front of their stupidly blind faces and then snatch it away right before they finally open their eyes and notice something. That was the game the Fae had been playing for centuries and they played it even now, even Reine, despite her fondness of humans and her ideas of them one day realizing who all of the Fae were. Of course that day was long off, especially when the humans still had their centuries-old prejudices against them... take the human guard on his right for example. Unlikable, hating anything Fae, and immediately judging of anyone and anything that so much as spent time around the Fae. He was always glaring at Ash as if expecting him to do something, like burn the whole place down just for giggles. His reputation probably didn't help since he was known as "unreliable" among the secret circle of hunters and whatever organizations there were, but they still welcomed him with open arms so that could say more than anything.

His golden eyes flickered to Straton, standing a few feet away from him, and his mouth curved into a wicked grin. It was the smile of a thief or prankster planning something behind veiled faced. As if sensing the stare, Straton immediately turned to him, alert and already bristling as if expecting a battle. "Why so tense, mortal?" Ash asked in a low voice so that only Straton could hear. "You look deliciously uncomfortable today, and tense to boot. You really need to loosen up some." He very obviously raked his eyes down Straton's form, as if savoring a future meal, and briefly contemplated licking his lips but decided that that would be way too much, too soon.

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 03-08-2013, 04:43 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Reine Gisela and Straton Sinclair
Yuki-onna and Demon hunter; Pro-secrecy
Somewhere in Europe
ARPers: Enkaku

Turn around. The warning that went off in Straton’s head was right, he discovered almost immediately upon turning to find his fellow guard standing a few feet away, looking at him with mischief in his golden eyes and a wicked smile on his lips. He was on his best guard immediately, and with the Mawr Cattan’s provocative comments, it took all Straton had to ignore his instinct not to put all his focus on Ashfinger and move his gaze back to Reine.

“As attractive as some women find me,” Straton started icily in reply, “our jobs are to keep our eyes on the girl and be on the lookout for potential danger. You should be looking at the model, or at the door, not at me—unless I somehow pose a clear threat to the model.” It was clear that he wasn’t amused in the slightest. For Straton, this job was a punishment and the assignment he could fail under no circumstances, but nothing more.

He cast his own gaze to the Yuki-onna girl and cringed; she was wearing a snow white ball gown. The white tulle-covered skirt shimmered like her skin with swirls of silvery glitter, the close-fitting strapless top of the dress followed the skirt’s example. It was hard to tell where the dress began and Reine Gisela ended, to be honest—they were all the same blinding, shimmering white. This was the embodiment of everything he hated. Straton made a soft sound in the back of his throat and made to move away, tell Ash he was taking a quick break despite the fact he knew the shoot was nearly over, when commotion erupted outside the door. Straton heard shouting over the camera’s clicks. At the room’s back wall, the white wolf beside Davide had risen, and was most likely growling. “Ash,” he started, whole demeanor changing in a blink. He was already moving towards Reine, “Be ready for—“ Straton was cut off as the door exploded open.

As he continued moving towards Reine, he unzipped his jacket and reached into one of his many pockets, counting on Ash to do his job and cover them. “Davide, exit route!” he bellowed, pulling a small black box out of his jacket as he reached the model. As he reached out and propelled Reine forward, he gave a satisfactory smirk and tapped the button on the box’s side before flinging in down on the floor behind them. The box emitted a bright flash of light Straton looked away from as he pushed Reine towards the room’s other exit, just as they had planned for.

The worst had happened; they were under attack.

Aileena Crowfeather, Laura Blackwood, and Nora
Warlock, Vampire Hunter, and Werewolf; Pro-Secrecy
Somewhere in New York, USA
ARPers: None right now

"...I'll call Kaylie in the morning, make sure she has someone keep an eye on her. The girl might not be a part of a pack, but that's no excuse to let her go about alone all the time. That's how you end up dead these days," Aileena sighed, looking down at the lanky figure curled up on one of her couches. She'd managed to heal the silver wounds as best she could, and the werewolf had since dozed off. Laura nodded grimly in reply, looking the girl over as well, wondering what her reaction would be. Judging from her actions earlier, she'd probably throw a colossal fit, not that it would bother Aileena much. She just hoped that pack leader's appearance didn't become a subject of discussion--about half the woman's face was as pretty as it used to be, the other half had been subject to some of the worst silver burns Laura had ever seen, but she still commanded her pack with pride and stern rules.

"Sounds like a good idea--I'd hate to find out someone else got her later on. She's young and full of fire, it would be a shame to see more kids with potential lost…” Laura shook her head and sighed. “Well, I need to get home, Aileena. You know how the family is.” This was met with a colossal roll of Aileena’s green eyes.

“More like how your boyfriend is. I don’t hear you ever getting called by Angelo or Wes, and it’s not them that send the maid or their brother to go check on you,” the warlock laughed, resting a hand on Laura’s shoulder gently. “But go home and be safe on the way there. I’ll keep an eye on werewolf girl and make sure she’s okay,” Aileena assured her as they walked to the door. As she watched Laura step out into the cold night air, smiling and thanking her for the favor one last time, she couldn’t help but laugh softly as she told her to get home.

When she shut the door, she found herself almost completely alone again, with the exception of Alois. Always with the exception of Alois.

Sighing again, Aileena clicked her tongue and raised a hand, inviting Alois to come to her before parking herself heavily in a large armchair with fluffy cushions. The werewolf girl would not leave until she said so.

OOC: And I finally post again! Hopefully posting will pick up the pace a little soon.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 03-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Chandler Steele
Unknown Humanoid
Prosecrecy
New York City USA

Chandler placed the envelope addressed to Dean with his keys to the garage on the bench. Inside the envelope was a letter, explaining why he left. He was searching for other like him.

He stood out the door, locking it behind him. This was the point of no return. He had the clothes on his back, which were loaded with chains and other metal things, some food and drink, and a bit of money. He didn't want to return here until he learnt what he was.

It was 3am and the moon was high in the sky. New York City was dangerous enough for other people at this time of night.

Chandler walked through an alley on his way to the train station. Suddenly he heard voices. Drunk by the sound of it. Not taking any chances, he raised his arms to the nearest fire escape on one of the buildings. Two long chains whipped out if his sleeves and wrapped themselves around the handrail. Chandler grabbed the chains and coiled it around the poles, pulling him up onto the fire escape. After a few minutes the voices disappeared and nobody was around. Chandler climbed down the fire escape and continued his trip to the station. After 2 hours of walking, Chandler found himself at the interstate train station. He didn't know where he was going. Only that he was leaving. The soonest train was Chicago bound at 7am.

Chandler bought a ticket, and waited for the train. When it arrived, he walked off the platform onto the train, and stood by the hand rail, as there were no seats available.

After twenty minutes, the train slowed down suddenly, causing Chandler to fall, since he wasn't holding the hand rail. Without thinking, he extended the chains from his sleeves, which grabbed the rail and pulled him up. Lucky for him nobody saw it...

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 03-09-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:39 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Serana
Neutral Ghost
New York (on a train)
Affected RPs: Cobalt

When people say the mode of transportation known as trains is dying, they obviously aren’t seeing this packed cabin. There were no free seats left, but for some reason, they sold enough tickets to make people stand. It was a long way to be stuck on one’s feet the entire time.

Serana was lucky enough to be able to sit taking one of, if not the, last spot available. She was already worn out from the sleepless night, and standing like that for a few hours would likely have caused her legs to give out at some point. Already, they were rather sore…

She didn’t know why, exactly, it was Chicago that would be her destination. It had been mulled over, and from all the possible options, this just stuck out. Even now, Serana wasn’t that sold on her own choice, but staying in New York wasn’t getting her anywhere. Something was urging her to go on…

Serana glanced around, almost searching for something off. She was a bit weary, being surrounded by strangers in such tight quarters, but nothing more than that. After a little bit, the brunette brought her attention to the morning paper a man nearby was reading.

“Slenderfairy, the horror fantasy box office hit will be getting a sequel,” the headline read, in big boxy letters.

He was obviously checking out the entertainment section.

The train made a few stops, but didn’t seem to empty too quickly. A few spots opened up, most being filled almost instantly. However, the opening beside Serana had been there for a while, the other woman leaving complaining about the drafts in the train. The brunette had only nodded, but knew it wasn’t the vehicle that was the cause of the lady’s chills…

Serana felt her mind begin to trail off, but before it got too far, the train suddenly braked, a loud hiss filling the cabin.

Now what followed was very strange, leaving Serana wondering if she was seeing things. One of the passengers, a boy appearing to be in his teens, was knocked over. However, out of his sleeve, a chain appeared to spring, the metallic object wrapping around the handlebar and saving him an unpleasant fall. It all happened so fast…

… no, it had to be the lack of sleep, although she was sure that’s what happened. Either way, riding standing up like that was dangerous, with the train driver’s jerky driving. On top of that, the teenager appeared rather tired.

Serana bit her lip, wondering if she should ask him to take the seat next to her. It would fill eventually, but it could very well be by one of the scruffy looking guys that appeared hung over. That would be… unsafe and unpleasant

“Hey… you can sit here… if you’d like,” her voice was low, but hopefully loud enough for him to hear…

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }

Last edited by Eternal Moonlight; 03-09-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:05 AM
Dragotech Offline

Lisa Blackeye
Dragon, Not for secrecy
Chicago bound
Arpers: Cobalt Shadow
(Did recieve minor bunnying rights outta Public Chat to bunny Dalton to Chicago)

Lisa examined her companion. He was powerless during the day. She figured that ironic. She was weary and had not slept much. The idea of large cities was equally unappealing to her. Of course... she figured she could use a drink, and a bed would be nice.

Despite the rather rude behavior of her companion, she decided to travel now for his convenience, this time. She scooped up her bag and said, "Let's just go."

And so the unlikely pair set off, a half-vampire hunter and a dragon, heading towards Chicago. Lisa quickly noticed that during the night, this half-human hybrid could run signifcantly faster. She used the excuse of little sleep and quite a significant run on foot already.

It seemed a good while, but the lights of Chicago were in view. They continued down on their way. They slowed down as they grew nearer to civilization.

Once there, Lisa found herself rather sore.
She bent down and massaged her sore legs a little.
"Okay... we are in Chicago... I think you had somewhere to be?"
She straightened up. "If you need me... check the bars... I will probably find one where I won't need identification... Not being human outta be identification enough."

Lisa left the company of Dalton.
It didn't take too long to find a bar that supported non-human patrons. She would have to look harder to find one that supported only non-human patrons.

After some looking, she happened upon one. One of the patrons was less careful in his drunken state. He happened out of the bar for a moment and was quickly pulled back in.

She peered down this alley. It seemed safe enough. It looked at the back door to a discreet location. She could smell the ales and wines from where she was standing.

She decided to head on down the alley and find the rest of this establishment. She found it. The guard was of fae origin and his glamour was not the best. She could see through it well enough.

When the guard gave her trouble. She glared at him allowing her eyes to appear less human for a moment.

"Let me in, Woodface!" she spouted at him. His eyes showed some surprise, and he let her through. She shuffled towards the Ladies room prefering not to change out in the open. Her fellow patrons watched as she went through. It was evident that they didn't like the lack of glamour. Her appearance all through appeared human. Some could note something not human. Something suppressed in the mind. Those that could see beyond skin and had a greater understanding could identify she was not human.

She found the ladies room and stepped in. She found an unoccupied stall and entered it. She disrobed enough to allow her to shift without completely destroying her clothing. It took a little while, but she shifted to her half-dragon form. She put her human clothes in her bag. She retrieved clothes that would not be destroyed by her current form. She stepped out of the stall and stretched her wings. It felt good to be able to do that.

She stepped out of the bathroom, and some patrons were sober enough to guess that she had walked in a little more than twenty minutes ago in a different form. She heard a patron say, "What the **** are you?" she ignored the patron and walked up to the bar. The bartender, an Ifrit, seemed unimpressed. "What will you be having, Miss?" he said. She rolled her eyes and pointed towards her throat giving the impression she would be unable to speak. "What? Are we supposed to play charades?" he stated. Another patron spoke up. A telepathic perhaps? He answered for her. She raised her brows in surprise and nodded. "Ah well, I guess you are lucky he is sober enough to read minds." said the bartender. The Ifrit tossed the drink together. She paid it off. She ingested the beverage. She ordered another with a wave of the hand. She drank it as well. She paid it off.

Seeing the pace at which she was drinking, another patron called on her for a drinking contest. The one simple rule: The loser buys.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Chandler Steele
Pro Secrecy
On a train from New York to Illinois
Affected RPers: Eternal Moonlight

The following quotes are PMs Eternal Moonlight and I exchanged as we planned for a lot of character interaction but didn't want to post heaps. Any bunnying was done with permission and what is said by characters is what their owners specified

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Shadow
"Thanks. It isn't too safe to stand on a train. I'm Chandler." he said holding out his hand to shake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Moonlight

Serana grew slightly more uncomfortable, a bit hesitant on how to respond. However, after a moment or two, she ended up taking his handshake.

"I'm Serana" she replied, "it is a pretty jerky ride, yes"
Quote:

After she told Chandler her name, there was an awkward silence.

"It will be a while until we get to Chicago and I don't feel like sitting in silence." Chandler thought,

"So what brings you out to Chicago?" he asked.
Quote:

Serana, whose eyes had drifted, focused on Chandler as he spoke. `She paused for a moment, a bit unsure as what to answer.

"I needed a change of scenery, you know?" `

It wasn't a lie, far from it in fact.

"What about youself?" she asked, for the sake of avoiding more heavy pauses.
Quote:

Chandler smiled at her reason. It was similar to his.

"I just needed to get out of New York. This was the first train out of there. I need some questions answered, and I won't find those answers here." Chandler responded.

Quote:

Serana felt a smile tugging at her lips. His reply resonated with her as well, and in response nodded.

Somehow, they ended up conversing for the longest time, about casual things mostly, but it was still interesting none the less. In there, she had mentioned her being a university student and studying science, not remembering the exact field, left it out.

There was a certain something about him that made her feel... okay. Serana wasn't over cautious, and although she still watched her words and his actions, it was less so then usual.

"Ha, that's pretty good, but the best flavour of ice-cream is strawberry banana."

However, before Chandler could retort, the train began breaking, signalling it would once again be making a stop.
Quote:

"The train service to Chicago will be taking a one hour break. Passengers are allowed to leave the train, however it will be leaving in exactly one hour, and will not wait for any passengers who have not returned. Refunds will not be given to passengers who miss the train." said the announcer over the speaker system.

The train had stopped in a small town between New York and Chicago. Chandler had spent the train trip talking with Serena.

"I am thinking of finding a place that sells food and getting some breakfast. Do you want to come? I am sure we can find some strawberry banana ice cream, even though chocolate mint is by far the best." Chandler said.

Serena agreed, and the two got off the train and left the station, looking for some sort of cafe open for breakfast.

However the dynamic duo made the mistake of taking a short cut through an alley. At the end of the alley stood a man in a hooded jacket, holding a gun. Chandler looked behind him and saw another man, also holding a gun. They were twitchy, and had that look to them that gave away that they were drug addicts.

Chandler assumed control of the chains in his jacket, and had them slither down his sleeve, just at his wrist, if the need to fight came...
Quote:

Serana immediately felt trapped, but managed to remain under control. The best way about this was to try and diffuse the situation before it could get worse...

"We mean you no harm..." She stated, taking a small step backwards.
Quote:

"Money and phones!" yelled the mugger, "Now!"

He held the gun towards Chandlers head.

"Big mistake jackass." Chandler said. He flicked his right arm forward, and the chain flicked out. The chain wrapped around the wrist of the mugger's gun hand, and tightened. Chandler heard it break, as he lunges forward with his left and grabbed the gun from the muggers hand. Suddenly he heard a gunshot from the mugger behind him...
Quote:

Serana was horrified when Chandler lashed out against the muggers. Despite the chain, it would only take one well placed bullet to end him, and...

She turned, noticing the second had a clear shot at him. There was no time to warn him or try to pounce on the aggressor.

A slight feeling of panic welled inside, trying to figure out what to do. However, when Serana heard the gun fire, that sound seemed to snap urgency into her.

There was only one thing she could do at this point. She let out a shout and leapt forth, taking the hit to the left side. Immediately, Serana felt a searing pain coming from where the bullet had stuck. She clenched the area with both her hands, feeling tears come to her eyes. `

"D-do s...some..." she squeaked, feeling an intense burn well up as the words left her lips.
Quote:

"Serena!" Chandler yelled.

Assuming control of his chains, he levitated them into the air, and telekinetically wrapped them around the muggers necks, lifting them.

The muggers kicked and grabbed at the chains which choked them. Eventually they went still.

"Sh*t, what have I done?" Chandler said as he pulled his spare shirt from his bag. He tore a few strips from them, and tied it over the wound.

"She needs a hospital, but if I go there, I will have to tell them we were mugged, and they will link that with the dead muggers." Chandler said to himself, as he picked Serena up. All the work in the garage had made him much stronger than a 16 year old.

"Sh*t, what am I going to do?" Chandler said, as he carried Serena out of the alley, unsure of where to go
Quote:

Serana started to feel faint, her senses going on her. It was a horrible experience, but it felt vaguely familiar.

"It... g-going... al-ight-" talking was a chore, and it caused intense blasts of pain, and eventually, she found them too much of hassle for what was getting out

The near empty streets made it so none noticed the events... at this point anyway. After a bit of aimless wandering around, Chandler found himself in another, cleaner alley, still unsure what to do. If he didn't make choice soon though, Serana would die, her already pale skin was almost white and she was frigid to the touch.

She struggled to keep her eyes open, despite her vision having blurred already. Losing consciousness... couldn't... be... good

And, with that, Serana wasn't able to keep awake, the blood loss, internal trauma and pain taking their toll.

However, before Chandler could react to her body going limp, it simply slipped through his fingers and hovered a good 30 centimetres above the ground.

Her now translucent body simply hovered there
Quote:

Chandler stood there shocked. In front of him was Serena, now translucent and hovering in front of him. She was unconcious, and Chandler was unable to touch her. His hands went straight through.

"What are you?" Chandler asked, shocked as to the recent events.
Quote:

Serana, in her current state, was unable to hear anything and even less capable of replying. Once every so often a weak pulse of light would emit from the wounded area, spreading all around her body before vanishing.

A significant amount of time passed, Chandler watching the ghost-like Serana and occasionally checking for passersby. This wouldn't be an easy thing to explain...

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, a faint glow of light consumed her body. It only lasted an instant before fading out in the blink of an eye. Serana was now lying on the ground, in solid form.

Feeling the cement below, she snapped her eyes open. Everything was quite blurry, and Serana felt rather sick.

"What... happened?"
Quote:

"I tried to fight off the muggers. But you were shot. I'm so sorry." Chandler said quietly as he knelt over Serena.

"You did what you thought was right..." she said, looking up at him. "don't worry about it. We'll be more careful next time"

Chandler looked at his watch, and saw the time.

"We had better get back to the station." he said, helping her stand up. They slowly walked back to the station, and found some seats on the train.

"We might as well be honest. We are both far from normal." Chandler said. "I grew up in a car garage in New York. My father found me on the doorstep as a baby. He taught me everything I know about cars. Two years ago, when I was in the garage alone, we were robbed. Thats when I learnt about my powers. I can control metal."

Chandler pulled up his sleeve revealing the magnetic ball bracelet. There were at least 200 all joined together to make a metal wristband. Chandler faced his palm towards it, and the balls disconnected and spun around his palm. They connected and created a sphere, then made a thread, wrapping it around his wrist. It looked the same as it did 20 seconds prior.

"I have chains hidden in my jacket. I have never used them to fight until today."
Quote:

Serana's eyes widened slightly as she watched the metal move around, at Chandler's will.

"That's... a pretty cool... power" she replied, still weak from earlier. The only sign there had been an injury was a small scar, but no other trace she had been shot.

"I'm... dead" Serana started, her eyes going to the floor. She knew there was no trying to loop around this one, he'd seen her... ghost form. Trick of light... not continuously for so long. For better or for worse, he was getting the truth.

"I can't remember... too much about what happened. I know I was attacked... and that it was very painful." She then paused, feeling a bit dizzy.

"I have... some sort of mission. I don't know what it is though... not exactly." The dizziness was unrelenting, and getting a bit weak, leaned against Chandler for support.

"S-sorry"
Quote:

"The train is now arriving in Chicago. Thank you for travelling with Illinois Rails."

Serena almost passed out, and Chandler couldn't help but feel guilty. When she was able to sit up by herself, Chandler spoke.

"Let me stay with you for a bit. You aren't in any state to be by yourself, and it is my fault that this happened." Chandler said, "who knows, I might be able to help you figure some stuff out, like this mission."

Dalton Amaro
Pro Secrecy
Streets of Chicago
Affected RPers: Dragotech and Eternal Moonlight

"So your asking $5000" Dalton asked the salesman at the car yard.
"Yep, $5000. Roadworthy and Registered." Replied the salesman.

In front of Dalton was a white Toyota Hilux. It was a manual 98 4 door model.

"I'll take it." Dalton said, pulling out his wallet and getting his bank card.

Within four hours Dalton had already sworn multiple times about the car.
"I swear I am gonna kill that salesman. Roadworthy my ass." He said. The car was parked on the side of the road, with the hood up, and Dalton inside attempting to figure out what was wrong with it.

Chandler Steele

"There has bound to be some place where we can crash." Chandler said to Serena as they left the station. He made sure to keep a slow pace and an eye on Serena. She was doing well for someone who had been shot earlier, but she still wasn't a picture of perfect health.

"Stupid piece of sh*t!" Chandler heard someone yell. He looked in the direction of it and found a tall man with long black hair kicking one of the front panels of a white ute.

Chandler found a seat and sat Serena down.
"I will be back in a second. I am just gonna go help this guy with his car." Chandler said as he walked over.

Dalton Amaro

"Do you want some help? I have been working on cars all my life, and might be able to get this started again." Said a voice from behind Dalton. Dalton pulled his head out from under the bonnet, hitting it in the process. Behind him was a short teenager in a blue winter jacket.
"You can try, but I think I am better off getting my money back." Dalton replied.
The teenager stuck his head under the bonnet while Dalton went to the drivers seat.

"Try now." Said the teenager. Dalton turned the key, expecting nothing to happen like usual. The car turned on, sounding healthier than before. The teenager walked over to the driver side door.

"It should stay running for a bit. But a service would go a long way. If I had the tools for it, I would do it myself for free." The teenager said, "I'm Chandler by the way."

He held out his hand to shake. Suddenly Dalton heard a scream.
"Chandler look out!"
The voice came from a sick looking girl a little younger than Dalton.

Before he knew what was going on Dalton saw a chain flick out of the kids sleeve and wrap itself around A pole on the opposite side of the road. He was pulled across the road, just out of the way of the taxi that sped past.
"I gotta go" Chandler yelled to Dalton across the road, "Good luck with your car."

Chandler and the girl who yelled at him quickly walked away, making sure they weren't followed.

"That kid isn't human." Dalton thought to himself, "but what is he?"

Dalton drove along the road and followed them. He drove past them and pulled the car up in front of the duo.

"That was a nice trick Chandler." Dalton said.

"What trick? I dived out of the way." Chandler said.

"Kid, don't lie to me. I saw the chains. That wasn't human. " Dalton said, "I would know."

"We don't want any trouble. We just want to be on our way." Chandler said.

"Neither do I. I am just curious. What are you?" Dalton replied, "I have been hunting vampires for years, yet never seen anything like what you did before."

"I don't know what I am. I am trying to figure it out myself." Chandler replied.

The sun was starting to set and darkness began setting in.

"This kid could be useful," Dalton thought to himself, " He is a quick thinker, and could make a good hunter. The amount of scum in the world, we need them."

"If that is the case, why don't you come with me? I have a few assignments that involve a lot of mythical creatures. You might be able to find out what you are."

Chandler Steele

"If that is the case, why don't you come with me? I have a few assignments that involve a lot of mythical creatures. You might be able to find out what you are." Dalton said.

Chandler thought about this. If he was telling the truth, then Chandlers identity might reveal itself faster. Plus he had a car, which would make transport cheaper.

"How do I know you aren't some crack addict? You could be lying. How do I know that vampires, and other creatures even exist?" Chandler asked.

Dalton lifted his hand. Suddenly a flame appeared above his palms.
"I'm half vampire. My mother was a human, and my father a vampire. They were killed by vampires, and I am tracking them down." He said, "the person I am travelling with is at a bar called Mythic Nights on Belmont avenue. I am heading there now and leaving at 9pm. If you decide to come with me you will find me there."

Dalton walked over to his car and drove off.

Chandler turned to Serena who had remained quiet throughout the whole conversation.
"I will be honest with you, I want to go to this bar and find out more. But I am not going to leave you by yourself in this state. It's your call. Who knows, maybe if he is telling the truth, his experience might help with your mission." Chandler said. "What do you want to do?"

Dalton Amaro

"This is an exclusive bar," the guard said to Dalton, "Only those on the list can get in."

Dalton opened his palm and lit a flame.

"This enough of an invitation?" Dalton asked.

The guard apologised for mistaking him as a human and let him in.

As he walked in, he found Lisa by the bar. She appeared to be halfway through her transformation to a dragon. He walked over and sat next to her.

"I got a car." Dalton said, "And I might have found someone special who could prove useful."

Lisa didn't respond. Just pointed to her throat. She mustn't have been able to talk in this form.

Dalton turned his attention to the bartender, who looked stressed. He was on a phone speaking to someone.

"What do you mean the blood won't be here until tomorrow?!" He said, "Edward is coming tonight!"

"Edward? Wow this is gonna be easier than I thought." Dalton thought to himself.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 03-12-2013, 03:36 AM
Dragotech Offline

Lisa Blackeye
Dragon, Not for secrecy
A Bar for the Supernatural
Arpers: Cobalt Shadow

Lisa quivered from side to side slightly for a moment. She heard Dalton come in. Her vision was a bit too impaired from the alcohol to really catch onto him. She was staring at the empty mugs. There were quite a few set in front of her.
"I got a car."said the voice of a man who sat besides her, "And I might have found someone special who could prove useful."
She recognized the voice as Dalton's but couldn't make out all of what he said. She put the rest of what she decided she heard together. Something about a new stranger and a car. She pointed towards her throat to try and give off she was unable to speak.

She gazed back at the guy who challenged her to a drinking contest. He was still quite unconcious with his face pressed firmly against the table.

She soon found herself distracted by her own hand. She waved it back and forth watching it. She found that while drunk, this action looked quite humorous as her hand seemed to be duplicated and moved rather slowly. She chuckled which sounded like a serious of choppy growls.

She stood up and looked around the bar. In her addled state she missed the call the bartender made. She managed to get up. Everything in front of her was blurred and confused, and she did not mind. She flicked her tail around watching it flick back and forth. It was entertaining to her. It wasn't a lot different than her hand, but the movement it made seemed to be.

She stared with drunken interest. She took a moment to stretch out her wings and yawn. She breathed a small bit of flame as she exhaled. Her breathe caught fire much easier than normal, but she did not notice. She was, of course, quite a bit drunk.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Soren
Raiju, Not for secrecy
Melbourne CBD Australia
Affected RPers: None

It had been a year since the incident. Where so many of Soren's brothers and sisters lost their lives for the most worthy cause. The Silverbloods were his family. All united by one cause. To be able to live freely as their true selves. Mythical creatures. They made up the Silverbloods.

Then it happened. The moment when they were so close to their goal. Silverbloods from all over Australia gathered in Canberra, to infiltrate and take over parliment house. They would make their presence known or feared. Any blood shed in the process was a worthy sacrifice.

Three days before the attack was to take place, the headquarters of the Silverbloods was ambushed by hunters. They were betrayed. By the half vampire, Dalton Amaro, who had faked his was into their ranks as a spy. Many Silverbloods were killed, and the rest fled. Without a leader, they fell.

Soren swore vengeance on Dalton. But the coward fled. He left the country, and Soren had spent the past year trying to figure out where he went.

Soren stood by a light pole on the corner of Flinders and Swanston street, looking up at the clocks on the front of Flinders Street Station. It was almost 2am. The streets of Melbourne weren't safe at night for everyone else. Probably because he was around. Suddenly his phone rang.

"Hello?" Soren said into the mouthpiece.

"Soren, it's Jesse." said the voice on the other end.
It took Soren a second to remember who Jesse was. Then it hit him. A Silverblood werewolf. One of the few survivors of the ambush. He moved to Britain after the attack, thinking he could make more of an influence there.

"Hey Jesse, what's up?" Soren replied, curious as to why he made this overseas call.

"It's Daniel. He is dead." Jesse responded.

"Daniel is dead?" Soren thought to himself. The middle aged Vampire from Britain. One of the ones who came to Canberra to coordinate the attack on Parliment, was dead?

"I know who did it. It was Dalton." Jesse said, "He was on his way to my house after church. When he didn't show up, I walked over to meet him halfway. Found him dead in an alley. There was a security camera on the wall that saw the whole thing. I climbed up and got the card out of it, almost breaking my neck in the process."

"Why Daniel though? There are plenty of Vampires in Britain, and he wasn't causing too much trouble." Soren asked.

"This wasn't business, it was personal. Apparently Daniel used to be in a gang called the Blood Angels, who killed Dalton's father. He is hunting them." Jesse replied, "All I know so far is that he is in the USA looking for a vampire called Edward."

"A vampire called Edward?" Soren asked, "Wow, after Twilight, I feel sorry for the guy."

"I've done my research. Edward is a pretty important guy. I was able to track him down. Chicago." Jesse said.

"Anyway, if you want to hunt this guy down, I can get you a flight to Chicago that leaves at dawn. You in?" Jesse asked.

Soren thought about it for a minute.
"I'm in."

Soren went home after that, and packed a small bag with his clothes. When he was ready to go, he put his finger to the power outlet, and felt himself become pure electricity, flowing through the wiring of the house, and out into the power grid. He was going to find Dalton Amaro. And kill him...

Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 03-21-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Manus Flynn.
Neutral Human/Fae Sorcerer.
Moonbeam Marvels, Michigan.
ARPers: None.

Once Cathleen was gone, Manus settled into a familiar, easy routine. People began to come into the shop as the hours passed - none of them magical, of course. Some left without purchasing anything, but those people were few. Most people were too enthralled by the charm of the glass-eyed statues and the dormant, unenchanted stones. Manus wanted to laugh at the way some of them talked. They believed that they were getting real magic. Manus could show them real magic, and chances were good that they'd beg him to make them forget.

As he idly watched a young woman scan the shelves of multicolored quartz, he noticed a presence. He recognized the feel of it instantly: something cold and primal, something that pulled and repulsed him all at once. An Unseelie. His eyebrows knit together and his hand tightened on the 'walking stick' - that would be his channeling staff - that he constantly toted about. Other fae tended to stay away from him. This area was his territory. Ever since his banishment, Seelies shunned him; Unseelies still respected his power. Whoever it was, they had better pass soon. Otherwise, they were in for some serious violence.

Cathleen Flynn.
Anti-Secrecy Werecat.
Generic High School, Michigan.
ARPers: None.

Cathleen passed her school day like any other teenager would: doodling on her notes and folding them into little paper animals, planning a new arrangement for her alchemy garden, and resisting the urge to alleviate the monotony by turning into a lion and breaking everything in sight. By the time the bell rang, she was barely keeping herself human. Shaking her head, she hefted her backpack onto her shoulder and stepped onto the bus.

Honestly, why does school have to be so boring? she wondered.

(OOC: Bad post is bad, but I needed to get these two moving.)

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 03-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

((So spring break is finally a thing for me meaning I have nothing to do except post now~ Yay me XD))

Ashfinger
Pro-secrecy, Mawr Cattân
Somewhere in Europe
Affected RPer: Winter

Ash had heard them approaching long before Straton could; he may have been in his human form but his hearing hadn't diminished in the slightest. It was why he paid no attention when Straton looked as if he would walk away from him, his brief game immediately dissipating as he leaned forward, ears and eyes alert. Suddenly there was shouting coming from the next room and the white wolf that followed Reine practically everywhere rose to his feet, growling. Now he knows Starton heard that, hell everyone did.

In fact--"Ash," he heard Straton say, watching the human step next to him. "Be ready for--" the rest of his sentence was cut off by an explosion that blasted the door off its hinges, sending it flying into some distant corner of the room.

He had already been moving, his reflexes faster than any human's. Ash all but leaped out of his hiding place, skidding protectively in front of Reine with his hands out, fingers curled into claws and sparks already dancing between them. He would have thrown fire into the midst of their attackers and was actually drawing back his hand to do so when a small black box flew by him. He swore and immediately covered his eyes, wincing as the black world behind his eyelids was dyed an angry red from the intense light the box emitted. It lasted for only a moment though, and when Ash lowered his arm he saw their would-be assassins stumbling around, some of them rubbing their eyes and moaning. A wicked grin sliced through his features, his eyes practically glowing with delight. Perfect.

The Mawr Cattân laughed and raised his hands again, but this time bright tongues of orange flame shot from his fingertips, crackling and wooshing as they sucked in the oxygen from the room to stay lit. The fire flowed through the air as Ash directed it like a puppeteer, pulling on it and making it form a great ball of fire above them, then he shot it forward, letting it explode at the same time. A huge wave of flame washed over the gunmen's heads just barely missing them. Screams of panic now echoed throughout the room, no one was concerned about where the fire was from or how it even got there, they just knew that there was fire and it was near them and they had to get out. He watched them scramble back in an attempt to reach the doorway they had just come through and knew that at least by now the others had reached the room's other exit with Reine. Strangely, nothing in the room seemed to have caught fire except for the doorway the attackers had just gone through, and all of the flames that had previously engulfed the room seemed to have vanished without a trace. In fact the only other thing on fire was Ash's hand, something which he was both totally aware and unconcerned about, and he merely hid his hand behind his back while the other was unhooking the whip from his belt.

The Fae guard quickly shuffled backwards, going out the other door while keeping his eyes trained on the flaming entrance across the room the entire time.

((Actually I legitly have nothing for my other characters to be doing at the moment, since they are needed for srs stuff later. Lyeceina might show up int he middle of this but I need a mirror. XD))

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 03-31-2013, 04:04 PM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn

Tiel’crec
Thunderphoenix; Pro-Secrecy
ARPers: Winter

Tiel was in pain. He had grown accustomed to it over the past week, but growing accustomed to it didn’t solve his problem. He was growing tired of his raven form; it was so much smaller, much more confining, and so… weak when compared to his other forms. It had been nearly two weeks since his judgment had lapsed and he had allowed himself to be caught flying in a storm. He didn’t even have time to land and transform into his true form before the storm began tossing him around mercilessly. How ironic that he, a creature of lightning and wind, would be given so much trouble by a storm.

Tiel shook his head to clear his thoughts. Reflecting on the irony of his situation wouldn’t help him; it would only cause him to waste time. Gingerly, he moved his injured right wing to test the pain. The pain didn’t appreciate the test and sent back a harshly worded message to his brain. He winced. His wing had been impaled by a branch during the storm. Fortunately, he had managed to get the branch out, but the wound had refused to close, and in recent days a constant burning pain had begun radiating the wound, accompanied by a rank smell. He feared infection, and he was becoming desperate. He needed his wing healed, and fast, before it forced him to regress into egg form. He wanted to avoid that drain on his life force if at all possible.

The past few days, whenever he hadn’t been searching for food, Tiel had been on the lookout for anyone who looked like they might be kind enough to heal his wing instead of put him out of his misery. So far, he hadn’t had any luck, and the current day wasn’t looking much better. Earlier today, the old woman feeding pigeons shooed him away, calling him a nasty bird. Even now, his feathers ruffled at the insult. The only nasty birds there were the pigeons she was feeding!

Once again, Tiel shook his head to clear his mind. He feared the injury, along with his weakness and current lack of food, would soon have him in a state of delirium. Tiel needed help before that happened. He needed to look around and be aware to identify a new person who might help him. Slowly, awkwardly, he ascended the tree whose bottom branches he was perched in. It was difficult work, hopping from one branch to another, using the occasional flap of his wings when absolutely necessary. Eventually, he reached the highest point he could, and he puffed up with pride for being able to do the simple task. He tried to take time to enjoy the little victories.

After about an hour, Tiel’s victory was even rewarded. His attention had begun to wane, and by now he was so delirious, he had almost missed it. Beneath his perch, a human woman hurried by with what appeared to be another human over her shoulder. Tiel wasn’t certain, but it appeared the woman that was thrown over the other’s shoulder was injured. Now, he didn’t understand much about human society, but he was quite certain that when they were hurt they could quickly call in aid if they remained in the same spot. The only reasons humans didn’t use these services were if they had committed a crime or… or if they were not human. Therefore, perhaps they were going to some supernatural healer! Proud of himself that he had come to this conclusion, even if it was rather irrational, he let out a loud squawk. He looked down for his quarry to begin following them, and he was alarmed to see that they were no longer there. With a worried and frantic cry, Tiel launched from the branch, gliding unsteadily with his injured wing. He couldn’t lose them, not now! However, try as he might, he was unable to keep his own weight in the air, and he dropped, and there was a loud crash as he plummeted into a bush beneath the tree.

As he slowly awoke, Tiel became aware that he now had pain in his left wing, not just his right one. It felt broken, or at the very least dislocated. Not only had he injured himself in his enthusiasm to receive healing, which he noted as more irony, he had lost his quarry. Tiel tried to let out a furious shriek, angry at himself, but it came out as only a weak croak. He needed that help now more than ever. After he had time to collect his thoughts, he carefully began untangling himself from the bush he had landed in. As he finished untangling himself, he thought he heard a sound. Cautiously, Tiel stuck his head out of the bush, looking around at where he had landed. He was rewarded with the sight of one of the females he had been following before, the carrier, walking away from a building. The one carried was not with her, so perhaps there was a healer here after all!

He waited until he was sure the carrier had left. Then, with a resurgence of new hope along with an unhealthy dose weakness induced crazy, Tiel began hopping away from his bush, hopefully towards someone who could help. If he had been thinking clearly, he may have been more cautious, taking the time to wonder why the supposed healer here would help him at all, but he was too desperate to care. He had already made it to the door before he realized his issue. How was he to open it? Grumbling as well as a raven could, Tiel turned from the door, looking for a way into the building. He found none, but he did spot something else, a window. If he could just get up to the window and tap on it a few times, perhaps he would be heard. The only problem: he’d have to fly up there on two injured wings. If he could have grit his teeth, he would have. The determination showed in his bright yellow eyes.

On the fifth try, Tiel finally made it to the window. Exhausted from trying, with much squawking and complaining, he managed to lift himself high enough. With a loud thunk, he slammed into the window, and then slid back to the ground, exhausted and in pain. If he could be smiling as he fell into unconsciousness, he would have been. He had made a noise. That meant help was coming. Or so he hoped.

Raisoren Driike
Dragon; Pro-secrecy
Chicago.
ARPer’s: Drago, Kinda Cobalt

Rise mumbled and grumbled his way down the alley. He was in a furious mood. Earlier some pathetic human had almost hit him with a car, and he had more than a few choice words to say to the driver. He wasn’t quite as peeved as he was earlier though, he had already practiced a little stress relief. He chuckled slightly at the memory of the vermin’s face when it walked out of its workplace to a burning car. But Rise was still furious and a drink at his favorite, nonhuman bar would do the trick. He was glad he had found it when he came to Chicago, he didn’t have to deal with any of those humans, just were-this and vampire that. They were still annoying, but not nearly as much as the vanilla humans. He kicked at a can in the alley and grinned cheekily as it hit the fae bouncer in the face before he quickly ducked into the bar.

As he walked into the bar, he received quite a few looks from the patrons as he walked in. The majority of those who looked glared at him, victims of past pranks who didn’t have very good senses of humor. A few of them perked up a bit, watching his every move so they could get a few laughs out of his jokes as well. He ignored them. What did he care what this rabble thought; he was just here to blow off some steam and to have a few good laughs. He walked up to bar and sat down as far away from other customers as he could.

Rise managed to pick up the last few words the bartender said over the phone before coming over to serve him. Something about Edward coming tonight. He closed his eyes and thought for a moment. The name Edward sounded familiar. Suddenly, he broke into a fit of obnoxious laughter, remembering the prank he had pulled on Edward. The look on Edward’s face as Rise explained that he had “missed the dartboard” when he had hit Edward’s shoulder with a throwing knife was priceless!

“So can I get you a drink, or are you going to sit there laughing like a madman for the rest of the evening?” Rise opened his eyes and glared at the bartender for interrupting his memory.

“Just get me the regular.” Rise said with mischief in his eyes.

“You don’t have a regular. You get something different every time you come here!” The ifrit grunted.

“I said get me the regular.” He grinned an impish little grin, a pointed tooth showing through. The bartender grumbled something under his breath, poured Rise a drink, and then walked off before Rise had the chance to complain that it wasn’t the right type. Rise shrugged, he’d just have to complain later. He turned his attention to the rest of the bar. Perhaps there would be something new tonight.

Sadly there wasn’t too much new tonight. In one corner, the regular dart game was surprisingly abandoned. Beside the battered normal dartboard, there was a crudely carved wooden dartboard. It was reserved for more dangerous items than darts, such as Rise’s own throwing knives, and it was well-used, often having to be replaced when it became uneven from all the nicks it sustained. In another corner, the regular card game was in full swing. He had been told that sometimes it didn’t involve gambling, but he had yet to see a game played where there wasn’t something of value at stake.

Then, there was movement from somewhere else along the bar, and the second he caught sight of what was doing the moving, his eyes narrowed. It looked to be… a dragon. No, he mustn’t jump to conclusions; it was merely some sort of humanoid reptile. But then there were the wings. He shook his head. There shouldn’t be another dragon, not here, not now, why would there be? He had almost convinced himself that this beast was not a dragon. But then it breathed flame.

As Rise watched the dragon stare at the movement of its own hand, he smirked. In his head, he narrated to himself. ‘And here we have the great, noble, majestic beast known as the dragon. Can you see its grace and poise, its intelligence as it stands there, fully aware and in control?’ He chuckled at his own narration. He had forgotten how much he disliked dragons. He might even like humans better! He slipped into thought, and unwanted the memory of his last encounter with a dragon slipped into his thoughts. He subconsciously rubbed the side of his neck, rubbing the scars that didn’t appear in his human form. He remembered the great claws crashing down. The intense pain in his neck. The elder dragon recoiling as Rise’s blood came into contact with the dragon’s scales.

Rise’s eyes snapped open, and he snarled. He didn’t want to linger on such memories. But something stuck out from his memory. The other dragon seemed hurt from his blood, but that didn’t make sense, the heat shouldn’t affect another dragon. Unless… his blood was more than just hot. He smirked cruelly; he even had a perfect test subject standing just a few feet away! It was a perfect opportunity to test his theory.

Rise looked down at his drink, he hadn’t had a drop yet, so it would work. Underneath the bar, out of sight, he took one of his knives and held it up to his wrist. He winced as he made a small cut, but soon the blood began leaking out at a steady enough rate. He pulled the drink underneath the bar and let some of his blood trickle in, the alcohol almost boiling as it was heated by his blood. Then, he set the drink back on the bar, tinted red, and he called over the bartender.

He slipped a sizeable amount of cash to the tender. “Mind helping me with my latest prank?” Rise motioned down at the drink. “Give this to that lizard-lady over there. I promise it won’t kill her.” He grinned. The bartender gave him a skeptical look, and Rise sighed, slipping over more cash until the bartender complied. “Just say that someone bet you she wouldn’t be able to drink the whole thing, or whatever you like, as long as she’ll drink it.” The bartender nodded, he understood. As the bartender walked over to the overgrown lizard, Rise chuckled, the cruel, mischievous look in his eyes fully aflame. This would be enjoyable, no matter how it turned out.

(Pretty sure I proofread it, but if there’s some sort of error, someone let me know.)
Old 03-31-2013, 10:53 PM
CherryTomato Offline

Quraza
Dragon - Neutral
Madison, Near the border of Wisconsin and Illinois, USA
ARPers: Anyone who hears him I guess...

Africa was a horrible place for Quraza, it brought back too many bad memories, of his family, his past. He had hoped that his mother had escaped the humans, but since he never found her, or any sign that she might have escaped he had given up hoping. He landed with a loud thud on the dry ground, he looked around. There really was no point in searching for food after a landing, the noise and vibrations normally sent most prey scurrying, but Quraza was angry, he was tired, he was annoyed and he was bored. He couldn't stand being alone any longer, he had to find someone, something to do. He had heard of hunters, people that killed mythological creatures, maybe one of these hunters could recruit him, maybe he could be pointed in the direction of a fellow dragon, anything to get him mind off of this wretched country. Quraza roared, he dared people to come and look for him, he dared them, but no one was around, no one heard him and no one came. He grunted and took off again.

While he was in the air he flew high enough to be above the clouds. He didn't want to be seen. Quraza had learned the hard way that he had to be careful while flying above America, the humans did flight tests and other such things in rather hard air-crafts. But Quraza relaxed slightly, the sun seemed to be going down, it was almost night time, which meant no tests or other such things right now. It was normally during the day when people could see. But today had been a bad day for Quraza, he has been hungry for three days and he hasn't found anything that could be considered food, he was starting to consider becoming a human and eating some human food, but he had waited too long, transforming when he was this weak from hunger could leave him vulnerable.

Quraza shook his head, he twisted his body and moved to go under the clouds, he needed to know if he had reached America yet, it took quite a bit of time to reach his home from Africa. As he flew under the clouds, he didn't expect to literally bump into two air-crafts. The two T-38 Talon's hadn't really been expecting the large dragon to just pop out of the sky either, and before the two pilots could think about moving out of the way, they collided. Quraza roared as one T-38 crashed into his left wing and the other crashed into his right leg. All three of them went down after that, Quraza tried to straighten up but the darn air-crafts kept getting in the way, he could get out of the fall in time and unfortunately for the pilots that had been doing some training, they couldn't use their parachutes to get out because Quraza was in the way. When they finally reached ground, the noise was horrible, the loud crunch of metal and bone was sickening and Quraza knew this was bad. He tried to get up, to untangle himself from the metal. After finally reaching his feet he took off, the pain in his left wing was unbearable and he knew he wouldn't be able to fly for long, luckily for him he had been lost in thought for longer than he had originally thought since he was almost in Wisconsin, he tried his best to gain height but he couldn't manage it, but the sun had already set and it was dark, so he doubted people would see him.

When he reached his cave he dove in and crashed into the side of it. He knew he had probably made it worse but he didn't care, he grabbed a duffel bag that had been inside the cave and flew back out, he wasn't sure where he was headed but he needed help. Soon enough he crashed into a wooded area, he had no clue where he was but he had to transform. Using all of his strength he willed his body to change, the pain of his injuries worsened as his body shrank and morphed. He cried out, he noise a mix between a scream and a roar. Quraza knew that while he transformed the pain made his telepathy work uncontrollably, people around him could sometimes hear his thoughts, they would know what he was feeling. The amount of pain he was in was horrible, and he had no clue how far out his telepathic cries were being sent, he had no clue who was getting them, all he knew was that the only things they would probably receive were shouts of pain and help. Possibly even the occasional dragon. Quraza writhed on the floor, he was almost human, his body had shrunk enough, his shape had changed, he had hair. But his skin was still turning, it looked green, there were still scales attached. His wings had moved into arm like positions, he started to get claws, which soon turned into fingers and then a hand formed as the scales, skin, tissue, bone and muscle contracted into a human arm. He knew this would only make his injury worse, to be honest his arm was probably now broken. He was glad his leg hadn't be hurt more, just an arm injury was something he could deal with. He grunted and rolled over onto his back as his skin started to turn into a light pink and his eyes began to change into those of a humans.

Once he was fully transformed, he let the cool night air wash over him, he turned onto his right side and spotted the duffel bag not that far away, he tried to reach out to it but he couldn't move his left arm, the pain was too much. He grunted and turned onto his stomach, trying not to jolt his left arm too much as he pushed himself up. But it wouldn't work, the pain had drained him, he was weak and hungry. He sighed and tried to crawl and drag his way over to the bag. After a horrible five minutes, that seemed to drag on, he reached the bag and pulled out human clothes, he tried his best to pull them on, so if anyone did find him he wouldn't be naked. He managed to get on underwear and trousers, but he just pulled out a warm jumper and placed it over his chest, instead of trying to put it on.

Quraza sighed and closed his eyes, he was so tired. Maybe he could try and get up a little later, so using his jumper as a cover for his chest and his bag as a pillow, Quraza attempted to get a little rest and to hopefully forget about the pain in his arm for a little while, absently he wondered who might have heard his telepathic calls. He didn't know much about telepathy, but he wondered if the people who heard him could find him. Hopefully it wasn't anyone that would want to kill him.

Banner made by me.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Dragotech Offline

Lisa Blackeye
Dragon, Not for secrecy
A Bar for the Supernatural
Arpers: HayBaleBarn

(OOC: is your dragon part troll by chance lol)

Lisa was quite distracted. She had barely noticed that the bartender had placed a drink in front of her.

It took a moment but she became fully aware of the beverage. She stared at it unsure.

Better judgement suggests that is not good to accept a drink from a stranger.
Better judgement also suggests that it is not good to drink strange liquids.
But a drunk dragon lacks better judgement.

Lisa was still quite unsure, but placed a hand on the drink. Just a taste couldn't hurt, right?

She lifted the beverage to her lips and took a short swig. She set the rest down and swished the liquid in her mouth.

She immediately noticed something she didn't like. She quickly became aware of a seering pain.

Her eyes widened as she spat out the red liquid and a thread of flame traveled with it. The liquid was boiled away and the wounds towards the inside of her mouth were cauterized and the healing process was stimulated by the heat. Her claws had dug into the wood in front of her. Her teeth were barred and her eyes were wide holding a shocked expression. Her own blood seeped from the wounds towards the outer area of her mouth. They sealed quickly. Her eyes watered as she was experiencing this pain and she had gouged out paths in the wood as her claws raked across it. She held her expression until she became conscious of laughter erupting accross the bar.

She hung her head and wings low in shame and slipped to the back corner of the bar and sank down into a chair with only one patron. The patron she sat near spoke, but she ignored him. She decided to not socialize with her fellow patrons. As he talked she pretended not to hear him. Much to his annoyance.

Corbos
Crossroads Demon, does not care about Secrecy
Some Bar in Chicago
Arpers: not really

Corbos sat in a bar. His untouched wine simply sat on the table near him.

He was here for business. He had already sent his hound after the coward who had made a deal ten years ago.

The fool had fled here to Chicago. Corbos simply came for payment, but he figured it was his duty to make deals on the side while waiting for the inevitable.

It was a rather slow night for business. Drunks were usually a lot easier to do business with. He had managed a contract so far to someone who wanted fame for prowess with a guitar. He thought such deals were hilarious and quite easy to boost. The idiot then just about stumbled out the door without disguising himself. He sat watching his fellow patrons. He was rather bored as new patrons entered.

His interest was piqued as one of the patrons had taken his beverage beneath the table. He watched carefully enough to see that the patron used a knife in some manner. He could only guess why the drink was tinted red. Another surprise was at hand when he sent the drink to another patron. Then the reaction was quite humorous to him. He couldn't help a chuckle.

This fooled patron got up and sat at the table where he had been for a good while now. He chuckled as the rather embarrassed patron sank down into a chair. "And scorned by your own kind... Hahahaha! Absolutely glorious! Yes, I know what you are. aaand you have no idea what I am saying... I knew you were drunk, but..." He stopped and looked at this patron. "Dragons and alcohol... they never go well together." He looked rather dissappointed. He would be unable to make a deal here. He decided to see if something more impressive would happen.

Last edited by Dragotech; 04-03-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:49 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

OOC: OH my gosh, never intended this to get this long... Laura's post has been put off until I can post for Sky and Damien...whose history isn't finished because I'm lazy. XDDD

Reine Gisela and Straton Sinclair
Yuki-onna and Demon hunter; Pro-secrecy
Somewhere in Europe
ARPers: Enkaku

Something about dangerous situations changed Straton, focused his thoughts. He had made sure to wave Davide down ahead of him, along with the wolf. While he knew what they were dealing with, Davide packed a handgun he was very capable of using, and he didn't need the clueless human seeing what Ash was doing to deter those who had initially broken into the room. Still propelling Reine along, his mind didn't quite bother objecting to how he was moving just behind the Yuki-onna girl in front of him, his hand just barely hovering on her shoulder, both guiding and restraining as they moved down the stairway to the building's ground floor lobby. It probably wasn't the most safe idea, but it was their best option--if they could make it across the lobby, there was access to a basement that housed a network of historic tunnels that they could use to escape or fight.

With his free hand, Straton reached up to the strap crossing his chest and pulled a wicked-looking steel dagger free, cursing the fact he had no gun or crossbow at his disposal like Davide. These people obviously weren't going to take his lack of a firearm into account and try to make it a fair fight, and he was at a massive disadvantage. But Davide has a gun, Ash can create fire, and Reine... Straton bit his lip and mentally kicked the thought away. No, he would not allow himself to rely on the human and...nonhuman...he was supposed to be protecting. He wasn't even incredibly happy about trusting Ash to cover them, either, but he really had no choice but to trust the Fae in this case. At least Ash knew what was really going on.

They were laying in wait a the bottom of the stairs, but they seemed to not have expected anyone to come down this way--sloppy, sloppy, Straton's mind chided as the wolf practically hurled itself down the stairs and onto the nearest human, snarling. "Neige!" Reine shrieked, trying to pitch herself forward, after the wolf, but his hand on her shoulder yanked back and down as guns whirled on them and fired. Davide swore and started firing his own handgun. The wolf continued the fight among the humans.

"You wouldn't happen to have another one of those boxes, would you?" Davide asked, jerking to the side as a bullet pinged off the stair railing and ricocheted away.

"Won't work here," Straton replied, before turning his attention to Reine, who was struggling to try to move herself further down the staircase, to the wolf. "Stay down, dangit!" he snarled, "There's no point in us getting shot at if you don't stay safe!" He yanked Reine down as another bullet sped past, and the girl looked at him with wide eyes, even as his attention moved back to Davide. "I don't have any tricks up my sleeve here, and we all know there's no point in bringing a knife to a gun fight." Despite the fact he was concentrating on not getting shot, Davide actually laughed.

"I'll make you a deal--you only have to fight what I can't shoot." There was a sudden series of bangs as Davide squeezed the trigger of his gun, and cries of surprise were abruptly cut off into silence. Straton felt Reine tremble under his hand when no other sounds came.

"Don't think, don't look, just keep moving," Straton ordered before pulling her back up. As he followed her down the stairs with Davide, he continued to advise her with the same words until the wolf greeted her at the foot of the stairs, bumping his head against the large mass of her dress' skirt, the fur around his muzzle red and pink. Davide moved forward ahead of them, peeking through the door to the lobby and swearing softly as he shut it.

"There are more. Several more. Getting across and to the door will be tricky, and it will be even more difficult to manage an escape once they know that's where we're going."

"I can stall them in the tunnels once Ash follows us," Reine said suddenly, voice trembling. "Don't ask how, Davide, please, but I can do it..." she twisted her head to fix her gaze on Straton, looking both scared and unsure. "Can't I? If it's just the floor? That would be acceptable here, wouldn't it? They wouldn't...for that?" They both knew what she was skipping over, and when the wolf snarled, Straton realized her brother was well aware that she had only just avoided saying 'They wouldn't kill me for that?' as well. Davide, however, was clueless and annoyed that the girl was looking to Straton for permission for something.

"What are you talking about?" the older guard demanded to know, but Straton wasn't paying attention.

"You're going to ask me permission?" He snorted and cast his eyes up the stairway. "How am I supposed to know what is and isn't acceptable? Besides, you know I..." He stopped. How did he say he hated what she could do in front of Davide? How did he say he didn't want to mess this up? How did he say he didn't want her to ask for permission? "Thin layer, just enough to slip on, and it has to melt. I'm sure they'll have a field day cleaning up whatever damage Ashfinger does anyway, and if it means we have a better chance of getting you to safety, go ahead. If it doesn't work, we're all likely to die anyway." The wolf snarled at his bluntness and Reine shivered.

"What are you two talking about?" Davide demanded again, to which Reine answered.

"Sorry, Davide. Can't explain that." The guard opened his mouth to object, only for Straton to cut in.

"We need to move soon. How many can you take out from the moment we open the door?" he asked, throwing Davide off.

"A few, but Ashfinger--"

"Davide, there are several factors that went into both he and I being chosen to guard Reine. I assure you that, had he the time and no Reine to protect, Ashfinger could likely fix this situation by himself. We need to move, he'll follow." At least, I hope so--I'm trusting him to make sure I don't shot in the back, Fae or not. Straton was just hoping Davide wouldn't continue to fight him. Soon enough, he had a feeling someone would realize the gunshots had meant the people who had been waiting for them had lost and they would lose their only possible advantage--that of surprise. The older guard sighed and produced another clip for his handgun.

"Remember, you fight what I miss. Straight across and into the basement, no detours. Ready? On three." Straton placed a hand on Reine's shoulder again, free hand tightly gripping the steel dagger in his other hand. On the girl's other side, the wolf tense, ready to run and looking as terrifying as an angry member of his assumed species would be. When Davide hit three, he shoved the door open and took two shots before moving forward with surprising speed. Straton shot out after him, pushing Reine ahead, between them, and into the building's large lobby area.

There was little room to really hide, however. The lobby shot for a kind of stereotypical old Grecian style, walls painted white, floor covered in marble tile, and columns lining the wall at some predetermined length. On one side of the glass entrance was a small block of space marked off as the security station by collapsible walls--not a smart decision, Straton noted once again. On the other side was a reception desk, the receptionist now absent from her station, and some chairs off to the side meant to be a waiting area where a large fish tank was set into the wall.

Reply shots were fired immediately, but the group was no longer where they had been when they first exited. "Get her cover, if you can," Davide ordered, prompting Straton to pull Reine towards the space between a column and a bookcase that held books featuring past photo shoots. It was the most easily defensible place in the room, even if it was a bit noticeable...

He turned his head for a second as Reine cried out after the wolf yet again. "He knows what he's doing--stop trying to shelter him! You can't keep--" Straton stopped speaking and whipped around as a soft click sounded behind him. As he watched, all the color; everything remotely human about Reine melted away, leaving a too-pale girl with skin like ice and nearly colorless eyes in place of the perfect human model she had looked like before. Upon turning towards the sound, he found the barrel of a pistol in his face, a human man who looked to be a little older than him gripping it.

Okay, it was really noticeable.

Straton had faced down a lot of things, but a gun so close that he probably could have touched it with his nose? The idea honestly terrified him. "Give me Reine Gisela."

"I'm sorry, as much as I would love to hand Reine over to you, I would lose my job and there are several humans and a wolf that would likely kill me for letting you have her," Straton replied, trying to stall and think--maybe discover why they were after Reine. Behind him, freezing hands grabbed fistfuls of his jacket. A look of perplexion spread over the man's face.

"You said human...you know the truth. You know she's a monster."

"I wouldn't say she's a monster, the term can be applied to anything with the right temperament, human included, and she doesn't have that temperament. She is not human, true, but she is also not a monster," he said almost conversationally, causing the man to become irritated.

"She shouldn't exist! You should be willing to hand her over to us!" he shouted, waving the gun in front of Straton's face. The demon hunter flinched back, into Reine, who was still clutching handfuls of his jacket.

"I do believe that's the exact opposite of what my job is to do, so as much as I might agree with you, I really can't let you take her." He felt one of the hands gripping his jacket let go as he watched the man's face redden.

"I will shoot you right here, right now, and you won't have to worry about your job ever again, how about it?" the man snarled.

"The wolf scares me more. Go ahead and shoot me--at least I won't have failed if you kill me."

"No!" Reine gasped from behind him, and the next thing Straton knew, the Yuki-onna was leaning around him and grabbing the gunman's wrist with a bare, pale, and almost glittering hand. "I'm sorry," she whispered as she looked at the man and held on as a layer of frost spread across his skin like fire would consume paper. Belatedly, Straton realized she was freezing the man, keeping him from shooting or harming anyone else. She was doing what her kind were known for, and specifically what she should never have done, and saving both of them in the process. Despite the fact he should have been revolted, should have stopped her, all he could do was feel a sick kind of relief. He would not die now, though he knew he would have to explain later why she had been allowed to do exactly what she had been monitored for in the beginning, and he now owed the nonhuman girl he was supposed to be protecting against his will his life.

When she let go of the man, Reine was trembling. "I had to," Straton heard her whisper. "I had to to keep him from shooting Straton. To keep him from hurting me. I had to..." It seemed he wasn't the only one shocked by the whole thing, but Straton couldn't let the shock get to him.

"I shouldn't do this, and Davide is going to throw a fit, however," Straton reached out and tried to twist the gun out of the gunman’s hand with no success. Annoyed and seemingly having no sympathy for the man who had pointed it at him, Straton tilted the frozen body, flicking the safety on the gun and pivoted the body, slamming the gunman’s frozen hand against the wall and shattering it, freeing the gun. Reine made a small sound that might have been in surprise or shock, but he didn’t really care. “I’m not having someone point a gun in my face again. I’m the bodyguard, not you.”

Aileena Crowfeather
Warlock; Pro-Secrecy
ARPers: Haybalebarn

Thunk. Aileena jerked into awareness, unsettling Alois in a flurry of feathers and inhuman shrieks. Looking over to the werewolf on the couch, Aileena found that Nora hadn't moved an inch.

"What the heck?" she asked, finally getting up with Alois perched on her shoulder. "That was the window, wasn't it?" she asked out loud, though she got no reply, Alois being just as confused at her. Slowly, she rose from her chair and moved to the window, gathering magic in one hand and readying herself for an attack. When she reached the window, however, she saw nothing out of the ordinary outside of it.

"If I unlatch the window, will you check to see if everything's okay?" she asked, glancing to the crow on her shoulder.

"'Course, Leena," the bird croaked, in reply. The moment Aileena reached down and unlatched the window, Alois hopped to the ledge and waited for her to open it for him. She lifted up the glass with one hand, slowly, the other hand ready to fire magic if she needed to. She was powerful, she would not be taken down by petty humans, especially when she had someone else to protect. As soon as there was room, her crow launched himself out the window. Aileena watched Alois flew around the building until he was out of sight, and then watched as he swooped lower to the ground. That was where she lost him among the darkness of the ground for a few moments before he flew back up to the window.

"Hurt bird down there, Leena. Bird like us." Aileena frowned and looked back at the sleeping werewolf on her couch. "Going to help?"

The warlock sighed and brushed her fingers along her wings, making them invisible once more. It wasn't really a decision, it was an obligation--just as her father took care of his demon crows, she took care of any bird she came across. Come on, Alois. We're going outside to go get the bird."

She locked her door with magic before she exited, and shivered in the night air. Aileena hadn't even bothered to put on shoes before leaving. Alright, Alois, where is this bird?" she asked. Immediately, the crow hopped off her shoulder and glided to a bush under her window.

"Here. Bird under bush." Following him, Aileena crouched down in front of the bush and pushed the branches aside, allow herself to light up the area with her hand very dimly. On the ground, she could clearly see a raven, though she got the sense it wasn't a normal bird.

"Now what do we have here...?" She asked softly, wondering why on earth the bird hand flown into her window to begin with.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 04-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Serana
Neutral Ghost
Chicago
Affected RPs: Cobalt

Serana immediately bit her lip, obviously unsure. A bar was never the best of places, especially considering the strange nature of the man who offered the invite. She crossed her arms somewhat tightly, bringing her gaze away from Chandler and to a random crack in the sidewalk. It was rather obvious she was pondering it over.

It didn’t feel or seem like a good idea, not at first. However, Chandler did make valid points; this could be beneficial to the both of them. She really didn’t trust the other man, but maybe going to the bar and seeing what was going on there could at least point them in some direction. If it was a trap though, or something was to happen, Serana really wasn’t up for conflict, especially feeling so weak. Too bad she didn’t have the time to rest a bit, but this was a small window of opportunity.

The young woman sighed, bringing her focus back to Chandler. She knew he really wanted to go, and that made it harder to side against, although the thought of going made her very uneasy.

Another sigh, this one was a lot heavier then the last, “Maybe we could go and see what this is all about, but we have to stay alert and careful” she warned, her tone going lower toward the ending of the sentence.

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }