Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Flareon Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default How much is it worth?

I have a shiny venusaur card that i got when pokemon cards first came out. How much would you say it is worth?
Old 04-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Pryce Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: How much is it worth?

the very first venusaur card from the base series? according to my issue of becket pokemon (issue 17, published in Jan 2001. the most recent issue i own lol), it's worth $35 and the first edition or if it is in mint condition, it's worth around $55. Don't know how much that is in pounds or euros though. But the card is probably worth a lot more now. Back when this was published, a Charizard was worth $175 and it rose up to $300 in 2003, so I'll bet that card is worth quite a bit, especially since the pound greatly surpasses the dollar, does it not?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:30 PM
LunaFlame Offline
Master Trainer

I have one of those too!!!

Old 04-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Pryce Offline
Experienced Trainer

i have 2 of these Venusaur cards!!! I really need to see how much they're worth now... maybe we can look it up somewhere. Last I checked, Pojo had 'em.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Absolution Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Absolution

If the Venusaur isn't first edition, it's probably worth about 5 or 6 dollars, according to ebay. I think I have like 4...First edition Charizard goes for around 60 dollars

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...966278690&rd=1

...basically what I paid for it when I got it so many years ago

Member of Team Lafonte
Old 04-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Pryce Offline
Experienced Trainer

lol!!! You're going with the prices on ebay? people are trying to sell their entire BINDERS for like $3 there and the truth is as much as they're worth as much as Becket says, no one wants them and that's why people are selling them so cheaply. You have to sell them to other sellers, it's the only way it works. Recently, at the mall, there was a guy selling his Venusaur card for $24. Not only that, but on ebay, people have the bid at very low and then as they get more bidders, they get it for the highest price offered.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:47 PM
LunaFlame Offline
Master Trainer

I have SOOOO many rare cards!!!

Old 08-08-2013, 10:46 AM
frankiealvarado77 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryce View Post
lol!!! You're going with the prices on ebay? people are trying to sell their entire BINDERS for like $3 there and the truth is as much as they're worth as much as Becket says, no one wants them and that's why people are selling them so cheaply. You have to sell them to other sellers, it's the only way it works. Recently, at the mall, there was a guy selling his Venusaur card for $24. Not only that, but on ebay, people have the bid at very low and then as they get more bidders, they get it for the highest price offered.
You're clearly an idiot. You don't seem to understand how ebay works or know the difference between 'buy it now' and an auction. I've seen bidding wars go over a thousand buks for a shadowless first edition charizard! I was just in a bidding war with 20 or so people over a first edition shadowless venusaur... I won. It went for exactly $100.
I'll answer the question. If it is a first edition shadowless, it could go for $100 - $200. If it is just a shadowless, not first edition, $20 - $50. A regular $5 - $10. Assuming it's in perfect condition. Wear will greatly reduce the value. I wont buy a card for anything if it has on scratch! But others do feel different.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:06 AM
JodyJacobs Offline

I'd definitely like to see the pictures of that card..i don't have it and would really like to purchase one..they are available on eBay right?
Old 09-03-2013, 01:48 PM
linaraymanchester Offline

Send a message via MSN to linaraymanchester Send a message via Yahoo to linaraymanchester

How i tell you it's worth,
Old 09-06-2013, 12:13 AM
eishiba Offline

is that the old old one from back when pokemon was a blast? 100hp and solar beam for 60 damage? sadly, pokemon cards have no real value unless its used in the current game system. All those first cards that came out, even charizard in all its glory, isn't worth as much as it used to be. Its only for a collector eye now because its not used in game. However the cards used in the current game have cards that was worth quite a bit. the charizard can be found on ebay for as low as 10 or 20 bucks.