Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the forum! Introduce yourselves here.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:16 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Hi my name is ryan and I have aspergers a re introduction

Hello my real name is Ryan I am 21 and am posting this post as its great importance to me as it introduces my hidden side a side that causes me great pain and joy at times, but lately here I feel it's causing me much pain and before I can truly help the forums with the next stage of operation grand slam. So a re introduction from the aspergers side of me is very much in order.

My aspergers leaves me with a high degree of inteligence like most people with it but like people with autism to which aspergers belongs I have very poor social skills which often leaves me and my aspie chums at the mercy of saying something inappropriate. This has happened here many times and most of the time I feel like a dog scalded after I am told off or made to look the fool and most importantly by doing that I can never learn from it. Unless someone calmly tells me no ryan that's not appropriate and explains why all that's left is hurt feelings and me wondering where did it all go wrong.

This is a paragraph I wrote to the mbn about how hard it can be to have aspergers

You know what's one of the worst things about aspergers is? It's the fact you say many things you don't mean to hurt people like when asked do I look fat in that dress and you say yes or you simply can't understand why that may be offensive or could even be something that gets you ridiculed by people. In the end you feel like a scalded dog for doing something you had no idea was wrong and the only way to avoid it is to learn from it. So many times have I done this, so many people I have hurt for something I do not understand and it breaks my IDDD bitty heart when I realise people around me don't like me in some way or persecute me just because I didnt know any better, it's not as simple to stop and think what you say when you can't understand that it's offensive or stupid or inappropriate even thinking about it. It alienates you from from others, it makes you different for no obvious reasons and too few understand or care enough to help you understand why.

I have a duty to help pe2k and myself, people here have caused me great hurt and I them for no real reason other than ignorance on both parts so I am going to do some damage control before it gets worse, please don't scald me for the things I say I don't mean to hurt you it's just the way I am. I want to learn not to do I do end up sad and alone, it's to my benefit to help myself but when things do go wrong and I say something inapeopriate please just quietly send me a pm and explain it to me, that's all I ask.

Thank you for your time
Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 AM
Dragotech Offline

Default Re: Hi my name is ryan and I have aspergers a re introduction

Hello, my name is Michael. I am 18. I do not have aspergers, so I cannot comprehend exactly how it must be for you. I do have ADHD, but that only makes me hyperactive and kills my attention span when I get bored. I am not the most social person in the world. I know I can be very immature, and I can be quite a fool. I do have a pretty good threshold for typically bothersome things, so if you need a shoulder to cry on you can use mine. Or if you need someone to chat with, I enjoy chatting when I get bored of staring at the unmoving threads.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:22 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragotech View Post
Hello, my name is Michael. I am 18. I do not have aspergers, so I cannot comprehend exactly how it must be for you. I do have ADHD, but that only makes me hyperactive and kills my attention span when I get bored. I am not the most social person in the world. I know I can be very immature, and I can be quite a fool. I do have a pretty good threshold for typically bothersome things, so if you need a shoulder to cry on you can use mine. Or if you need someone to chat with, I enjoy chatting when I get bored of staring at the unmoving threads.
Good to know and thank you
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 AM
Dragotech Offline

Your welcome man, good luck with your aspergers.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Your welcome man, good luck with your aspergers.
It's an a form of of autism not a disease like
Old 01-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Obliveon Offline

Hello ryan. I don't have asbergers but I know someone with it, so I can kind of understand a little of what you're going through. I know it's probably pretty hard. If you ever need a friend to talk to, feel free to talk to me. :)
Old 01-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliveon View Post
Hello ryan. I don't have asbergers but I know someone with it, so I can kind of understand a little of what you're going through. I know it's probably pretty hard. If you ever need a friend to talk to, feel free to talk to me. :)
isn't that thoughtful, thank you.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 AM
Dragotech Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
It's an a form of of autism not a disease like
I understand that it is not a disease, but you must still deal with it, so again good luck.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Quote:
I understand that it is not a disease, but you must still deal with it, so again good luck.
I know i was joking on the wya you put it, anyways as with everything there are advantages to have aspergers too as it it has bulked up my intelligence, attention to detail and razor sharp focus on obsessions.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:30 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

I'm Brandon (hence the username) I always felt bad asbergers people, I do not find them the least bit annoying like other people do... god bless and enjoy your time on the forums, feel free to pm me if anything ever bothers you. I will talk to ya as a freind.

:)
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Roze Offline

Well you have said anything to upset me. Thank you for being honest, that probably wasn't easy. I'm sure this will ease some disagreements in the future.

Maybe you should put a link to this in your signature. "If I've upset you click here."

I think more people need to be open to realizing when they've upset someone else and be willing to accept they've made a mistake and be willing to act differently in the future.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Well it should be less of a problem if my mental health improoves