Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: X and Y

Pokemon: X and Y Discuss the upcoming games Pokemon X and Pokemon Y here. Be sure to label posts with spoilers and use spoiler tags when necessary.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

What are some of your speculations for the new games? Maybe you think there will be 10 gyms instead of eight, or that a new Eeveelution will make it's appearance in the Generation VI games.

My speculations include;

Fennekin is a Fire/Psychic
Froakie is a Water/Electric
Chespin is a Grass/Dark

Spoiler:

I think this because the moves used in the trailer show it.

Fennekin using what seems to be a Psychic type move.

Patrat looks like he is hit with an electric type move, caused by Froakie.

That's Golurk being hit what I believe to be Night Slash, used by Chespin.

What are YOUR speculations?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculations

I beleive that they aren't going to add too many new pokemon after this. With 649 pokemon, the national dex is becoming massive. Heck, I remember a day when 386 was hard. 493 was harder. Now look at it. When I played black and white, I couldn't get over how much easier everything was. "You are battling a gym strong against your starter? Here have a monkey that will counteract that." "You are battling a flying gym? Good thing you went through the cave full of electric pokemon beforehand." "Oh you have a few big battles in a row? Lets heal your pokemon between each one"

Pokemon now is aimed at a younger audience than what it used to be. I remember it took me weeks in Ruby when I was 8 to get past slateport because I didn;t know how to get rid of team magma. Heck, even the anime is aimed at a younger audience.

S01E09 The school of hard knocks
Ash: "Thats a violation of human rights! Who is in charge of this."
*Kid pulls out photo of a girl*
Brock: "She can violate my rights any day."

There isn't much stuff like this any more. Pokemon is aimed at a younger audience now, and as easy as they are making it to progress, it is still becoming hard with the massive national dex. If they want to keep it at a good difficulty, they might have to slow down with the new pokemon.

Just my view.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Everything was SOOO frustrating back in the day for me. I can't even get past Norman in Sapphire now. I'm actually really really really glad they've gotten easier. xD

I think they'll probably add at least around 100. The national dex will naturally grow with each new game. o:
Old 01-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Personally, I liked the transition between Hoenn and Sinnoh. New pokemon yes, but alot of evolutions to old pokemon, and pre-evolutions. 29 out of the 107 were new evolutions. I also like having choice with evolutions, eg being able to choose an eeveelutions, gardeviour or Gallade, Frosslass or Glalie etc. I am hoping there will be new evolutions to old pokemon. Keep it simple (as simple as 700+ pokemon can be) but keep it new and refreshing.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 PM
~Blast Burn

I am seriously expecting some new Eeveelutions. Two of them probably. <3333

I think the new Eevee-short will show them. Just gotta wait!

I think 6th Gen will provide TONS of new evolutions. TONS. TOOONS. Iwata specified old Pokemon will be in the game. A lot of them it seems.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Generation 1: The originals (Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon)
Generation 2: The sun and Moon (Espeon and Umbreon)
Generation 3: Nothing
Generation 4: Winter and Spring (Glaceon and Leafeon)
Generation 5: Nothing
Generation 6: ????

Am I the only one seeing a pattern? Since gen 2, they would do new Eeveelutions, then skip, then do new, then skip...

Banner Made by Me
Old 01-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Thyphlosion. You thief T_T

Well I will agree on new eeveelutions. I'm hoping for two, one of them being Steel.
As to anything else, I'd guess we'd at the end of this game will have around 726 pokemon. Many of them will be evolutions or split evos of previous pokemon. We should have about 15 or so legendaries concerning previous game trends. At least 2 or 3 will be event only.

As there was an Eiffel Tower looking building, one could guess this generation focuses on France or perhaps Europe in general.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Guise, what if X and Y isn't for the chromosones but for the axises? like in X axis and Y axis, and what makes this not so crazy is that the X and Y axis only makes up for 2 dimentional diagrams, for a 3 dimentional diagram, the Z axis is added, and the 3Ds plays in 3D which means
Spoiler:
what if they release pokemon Z in 2014!?!?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Guise, what if X and Y isn't for the chromosones but for the axises? like in X axis and Y axis, and what makes this not so crazy is that the X and Y axis only makes up for 2 dimentional diagrams, for a 3 dimentional diagram, the Z axis is added, and the 3Ds plays in 3D which means
Spoiler:
Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 PM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
I'm 99% sure they won't even have genders. xD

I believe it's a 3D thing. XYZ are the coordinates on a three dimensional grid. X and Y are on the 3DS, which means Z could follow. o:
lololol beat'cha
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Based on the looks of the forest spirit x/y this game might be way more tone down than the other games. Have the story centered around a smaller plot. Kinda of like the original Gold and Silver.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

If Chespin's going to be Grass/Dark, that'll be pretty cool :D

I agree that Fennekin is going to be fire/psychic, because of the move it used ^^

But I actually think that Froakie (personally, I think it's an adorable name) is going to be part Ice--the move it used in the trailer almost looked ice-ish to me, though it probably was just a water move, lol. Its colors and design seem reminiscent of ice, too; and if you break down the name... "Fro" could either be frog or frost... BUT that's up for debate xD

In terms of an Eevee-lution, I'd like to see a ghost type; seems likely, but Pokemon's known for surprising us, right? xD

Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM
~Blast Burn

I think;

Chespin: Grass and Dark or Ghost
Fennekin: Fire and Ground, Psychic, or Electric
Froakie: Water and Flying or Electric.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Popshakes Offline

I am really in love with this game so far. :D Honestly I think the typing for the starters will go a little like this:

Fennekin as a Fire/Psychic
Froakie as a Water/Fighting
Chespin as a Grass/Dark

Which would make the game a little more interesting. Everything has 2 types they can beat from their respectable counterparts. I think that is what the typings will be considering the trailer showed Fennekin using fire and psychic moves, Chespin using grass and dark moves, and Froakie using water moves and what looked like a fighting move. :D

♥ Jolteon Lover ♥
Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

@Popshakes: Oh, that would be fun, actually :o

Hmm, wonder what kind of dragon-types they'll have. Personally, I'd love to see an Electric/Dragon type x3

What type do you think the legendaries are? :o

Bird is obviously part flying (I guess? That thing's kind of freaky xD) But what could the deer be? Steel/Psychic? Oh, dude. Dark/Psychic would be epic! >:D