Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: X and Y

Pokemon: X and Y Discuss the upcoming games Pokemon X and Pokemon Y here. Be sure to label posts with spoilers and use spoiler tags when necessary.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old 01-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Roze's Avatar
Roze Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,142
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I just bought a Pikachu 3DS XL so I am all prepared for October :D
It's like you read my mind... always... I was thinking about trading in my 3DS for a 3DSXL, if I could get half off it would totally be worth it. I loved playing Pokemon on my old DSiXL.
__________________

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roze View Post
It looks like over-world still follows the same style as all the previous games just more detailed. I haven't seen any evidence of diagonal walking.
Everyone was already blown away by the trailer itself. No need to push things with such a massive undertaking and pop their brains XD *At least in my mind*


And 3D isn't a problem. Just turn it off like I do :D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 01-22-2013, 06:40 AM
Charmander009's Avatar
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celestia Region
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

So, guys, PokeBeach posted an article about a blog written by Junichi Masuda, and while there's nothing new there, it's got me wondering about something.

Quote:
A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger.
What kind of a battle mechanism are we going to see? I wonder if this means that they're going to do more with Pokemon's Happiness stat? Or... maybe it's something completely different?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:53 AM
Master Rayquaza's Avatar
Master Rayquaza Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sky Pillar
Posts: 60
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

The games look like they have effort put into them. I am starting to like the 3D over world compared to previous games. The starters may look a little lackluster but I think they will evolve into cooler looking things. The legendary Pokemon aren't dragons. (Finally.) I like both the designs but I prefer Yveltal and it may become my second favorite Pokemon.
On the new battle mechanism, it may be like a power up to the Pokemon who have their Friendship maxed out. Like for ever 50 points of Friendship, attacks are powered up by 10%.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Feather's Avatar
Feather Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 494
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

I hope they do do more with the happiness stat outside evolutions, would be awesome! So far I'm really looking forward to what X/Y has in store for us, hope we get more news with the next CoroCoro issue. :D
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 02-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Fushigidane's Avatar
Fushigidane Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kanto
Posts: 2,151
Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Debating if I should get a 3DS for this and a few other games... recently I've started playing my DS/GBA again, and my DS Lite's top screen went a bit wacky.

Anyways, I always thought it would be cool to have a Pokemon trio with one being Dark, one being Psychic, and one being Fighting. Dark is good against Psychic, Psychic is good against Fighting, and Fighting is good against Dark. So that'd be cool IMO.
__________________
VPP Stats
ASB Stats


Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 AM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fushigidane View Post
Anyways, I always thought it would be cool to have a Pokemon trio with one being Dark, one being Psychic, and one being Fighting. Dark is good against Psychic, Psychic is good against Fighting, and Fighting is good against Dark. So that'd be cool IMO.
I could finally die happy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fushigidane View Post
Debating if I should get a 3DS for this and a few other games... recently I've started playing my DS/GBA again, and my DS Lite's top screen went a bit wacky.

Anyways, I always thought it would be cool to have a Pokemon trio with one being Dark, one being Psychic, and one being Fighting. Dark is good against Psychic, Psychic is good against Fighting, and Fighting is good against Dark. So that'd be cool IMO.
The issue I'd have with this is Dark being immune to Psychic while Psychic only resists Fighting and Fighting only resists Dark.

While normally I wouldn't complain, it gives Dark an nfair advantage typewise.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Fushigidane's Avatar
Fushigidane Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kanto
Posts: 2,151
Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgmental Arceus View Post
The issue I'd have with this is Dark being immune to Psychic while Psychic only resists Fighting and Fighting only resists Dark.

While normally I wouldn't complain, it gives Dark an nfair advantage typewise.
Yeah, that's a flaw. But it's not like they'd be starters.
__________________
VPP Stats
ASB Stats


Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Silverwynde's Avatar
Silverwynde Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dragonspiral Tower
Posts: 102
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Rayquaza View Post
The legendary Pokemon aren't dragons. (Finally.) I like both the designs but I prefer Yveltal and it may become my second favorite Pokemon.
Oh heavens yes, this. It's really refreshing to see mascots that are not Dragons. As much as I love them, the Dragon mascot feels a bit played out to me.
Quote:
On the new battle mechanism, it may be like a power up to the Pokemon who have their Friendship maxed out. Like for ever 50 points of Friendship, attacks are powered up by 10%.
That would be awesome. The very first thing I do when I get a new team member is baby it so they get attached. Now I'd have a good reason to do so.
__________________

Guardian: Evolve @ 159
My VPP Stats
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 AM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion


So...new CoroCoro scan. I wrote an article on it too, but it isn't published yet. :P

To me looks like an Eeveelution! A Flying type maybe...<3

Discuss! :D

EDIT: Pokemon named Ninfia in Japanese. It IS an Eeveelution.
EDIT 2: Ninfia revealed (if this image is real). I HATE IT OMG.
__________________

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 02-12-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Neptune's Disciple's Avatar
Neptune's Disciple Offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Strayamate
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via AIM to Neptune's Disciple
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post

So...new CoroCoro scan. I wrote an article on it too, but it isn't published yet. :P

To me looks like an Eeveelution! A Flying type maybe...<3

Discuss! :D

EDIT: Pokemon named Ninfia in Japanese. It IS an Eeveelution.
EDIT 2: Ninfia revealed (if this image is real). I HATE IT OMG.
Whaaaaaaat the heck is that?! I'm guessing Normal? Why must it wear bows... Lost me on this one GF

- ND
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 02-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
Whaaaaaaat the heck is that?! I'm guessing Normal? Why must it wear bows... Lost me on this one GF

- ND
School of Milotic gangrape an Eevee. Post results.

For some reason I gt the feeling it's either going to be a Normal or something out of left field, like a Ghost-type.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Fushigidane's Avatar
Fushigidane Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kanto
Posts: 2,151
Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post

So...new CoroCoro scan. I wrote an article on it too, but it isn't published yet. :P

To me looks like an Eeveelution! A Flying type maybe...<3

Discuss! :D

EDIT: Pokemon named Ninfia in Japanese. It IS an Eeveelution.
EDIT 2: Ninfia revealed (if this image is real). I HATE IT OMG.
I bet it'll be either Normal or Ghost type. If it's Ghost, that's awesome!
__________________
VPP Stats
ASB Stats


Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fushigidane View Post
I bet it'll be either Normal or Ghost type. If it's Ghost, that's awesome!
why do you think its a ghost type ?
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com