Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the forum! Introduce yourselves here.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Moofius Offline

Smile Do These Ever Get Easier?

Seriously I never know what to title these things anymore...

Anyway! Hello, hiya, howdy, bonjour! My names Moofius and I was referred to the site by my co-worker Sabi! DidIgetthatright? SorryifIdidn't.

I've been RPing since I was 12, starting on Neopets with a lovely arrangement of Mary-Sues and have since improved (I think). I joined a Pokemon RP forum once but it didn't work out so I'm here to try again.

I've loved Pokemon since grade 3 or 4 and so my favorite gens are basically 1-3, but I hold no ill will to the other gens, I just don't really know them and being old, I like to keep things the same to some extent.

I don't know if I ever finished a Pokemon game due to my OCD-like tendency to try and collect all the Pokemon. Oh! And I'm double old fashion in that I've not strayed far from the general pokemon trainer, beat the elite 4, type game. I am playing one of the Mystery Dungeons but that is... slow going. Just like White is slow going... and Nuzlock challenge Yellow.... Yeeeah...

Uh uh, what else? Erm... Moofius comes from a parody of the Matrix called the Meatrix which I watched when I was 12 and wanted to be a farmer. It's against factory farming and Morpheus is a brown cow named Moopheus. Jacked it from that and was unaware of the spelling so I spelled it in the way that made sense to me.

Okay, I think that covers pretty much... everything. Really glad to be here and I hope I get to meet some cool people and collect some pokemans.

( Sabi, Sabi, lookit I typed the things).
Old 01-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Do These Ever Get Easier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofius View Post
Seriously I never know what to title these things anymore...

Anyway! Hello, hiya, howdy, bonjour! My names Moofius and I was referred to the site by my co-worker Sabi! DidIgetthatright? SorryifIdidn't.

I've been RPing since I was 12, starting on Neopets with a lovely arrangement of Mary-Sues and have since improved (I think). I joined a Pokemon RP forum once but it didn't work out so I'm here to try again.

I've loved Pokemon since grade 3 or 4 and so my favorite gens are basically 1-3, but I hold no ill will to the other gens, I just don't really know them and being old, I like to keep things the same to some extent.

I don't know if I ever finished a Pokemon game due to my OCD-like tendency to try and collect all the Pokemon. Oh! And I'm double old fashion in that I've not strayed far from the general pokemon trainer, beat the elite 4, type game. I am playing one of the Mystery Dungeons but that is... slow going. Just like White is slow going... and Nuzlock challenge Yellow.... Yeeeah...

Uh uh, what else? Erm... Moofius comes from a parody of the Matrix called the Meatrix which I watched when I was 12 and wanted to be a farmer. It's against factory farming and Morpheus is a brown cow named Moopheus. Jacked it from that and was unaware of the spelling so I spelled it in the way that made sense to me.

Okay, I think that covers pretty much... everything. Really glad to be here and I hope I get to meet some cool people and collect some pokemans.

( Sabi, Sabi, lookit I typed the things).
YES. YES I SEE YOU TYPED THINGS.

Welcome to mah hub. XD

Also if you have Mary Sue's I will beat them into balancing... I'm OCD about character balancing...
Old 01-04-2013, 07:04 AM
Moofius Offline

No worries, no worries. I don't have any Mary-Sues, not anymore. That was when I was 12. So like... 9 years ago? I'm better now, really and truly. In fact my characters tend to be downright boring at times.

I'm a good group balancer and temporary team lead (you know, for desperate situations). Ehehe, so yeah. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep Iggy as my main character or try somebody a little more dynamic? Iggy was used only the one time and I don't recall too much. A lot of his backstory was grounded in the old forum (which was essentially: "Real world connect to another reality where there's pokemon and people from here go over there and stuff!" Pfft).

So yeah. Oh uh, you said there were things to read, where might I find these things? Pokemon Elite 2000 specific rules I should be able to find on my own but if there's any back story or a somewhat hidden/hard to find thread that you think might be important, I'd love to just amass some links and start getting informed.

If there's one thing I hate it's looking like an idiot in a new place.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

We all hate looking like idiot's in a new place. Let's not lie about that... >>

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...hread.php?t=28
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=109467

ASB stuff because I know you wanted to:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=111368
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=111369

That's about it. If you head to my neck of the woods [being the RP Boards] just read all the stickies. Then you'll be good.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Moofius Offline

Okay so I didn't see this anywhere but is there a limit to the number of trainer characters you can have? If so would each trainer character get their own three starter pokemon in this format, or are the three pokemon associated with your individual account and you would divide the pokemon up between your trainer characters? Unless you can only have one and then they would all go to that one character and... yeah, sort of self explanatory.

Okay this all seems very straight forward so that's good.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

The ASB is more game oriented in that sense. You sign up and all the Pokemon go to your account. You sign up once and then you're on your way.

If you've got anymore questions, send them into the ASB. XD
Old 01-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Moofius Offline

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you.

AndwhyshouldIpostwhenIcansimplyharassyouatwork? Bwahahaha.
But seriously, see you tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Kid Blaze Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Kid Blaze

Welcome to the forums. I am Kid, the friendly wolf. If you are ever in the need for a chat, you can swing by my profile and chat with me.

:)

Blue Team
total points earned: 118
points spent:94
current points: 24

Pokemon In Party:
-Hydra, the Wartortle(Male) (level 16)
-Aerian, Fearow (Male)(level 6)
-Sandra, the Sandslash (Female)(level 27) (silk scarf)
-Machop, the Machop level 11
-Butterfree, level 10
-Geodude, level 8

Old 01-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Moofius Offline

Sure thing, and thank you for the offer! I'm already spread across a few chatrooms though so I hope you don't take offense if you don't seem a message from me there, ehehe.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Ooh, a coworker of Sabi's and a possible new addition to the RP section? AND you started out on Neopets? I think I like you already, Moofius. Anyway, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay here! I'm Winter, and I hang mostly around the RP boards, so I look forward to seeing you there if you decide to hang around there, otherwise I'm up for a friendly chat almost any time.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Moofius Offline

I've been kidnapped by my girlfriend for RPs mostly, but if you guys don't mind if I'm a little slow then I would love to RP. I need to decide if my trainer is going to take up my three starters or if I'll be spreading them out, and that will be decided if I can sort Iggy and Ziggy out and whether or not Iggy would suit my other two choices.

And I should probably wait for my pokemans to be approved before I start dragging them into RPs. I'm really excited for this, ehehe. Also, first time editing sprites in a LONG time. I got them to animate, ehehe. Hooray!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

The ASB and RP boards run seperately. Your ASB stuff remains only in the ASB section, for Role Play, each one is fun differently with its own plot and set of rules. There you can start with someone's RP, check out their Sign Up and Discussion thread and go from there. XD
Old 01-06-2013, 01:31 AM
Moofius Offline

Oh! Huh, well alright that's certainly different. My dreams of a purple fairly zigzagoon can become a reality. (Kidding of course.)

Alright then I guess I might as well head over there and see what's what... Just gonna'... check it out. Yup.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:33 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

The RP section itself is a bit slow-going at the moment, so it shouldn't be a problem, at all. It's not like you're expected to reply the moment you see someone else has posted.

Just gonna check it out, huh?

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 01-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Moofius Offline

Sure. Maybe join one. I'd like to do a pokemon since that's what the site is, but I'm not sure I'm really cut out for what's up and being offered so far as what's up pokemon RP wise. I'd like to do something with trainers and stuff, just something light and easy, to stretch my RPing muscles and sort of get the feel for my character. *flops* Maybe when I have my Thursday/Friday off next week.

... Eeee yup. Also The Hobbit was good. Since I just got back from that and all.