Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 02-27-2013, 05:40 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: Modern Mythology [SU/DS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
There's at least Sabi and Chibi, AcrossTheUniverse...maybe others? Not entirely sure wjo all hasn't posted.

I dunno who you'd meet--not sure anyone is that far west in the RP as of yet. However...does Dalton work with an organization or solo? The random vamp deaths might get Laura called up, if he's working free from organizations... I feel sorry for LA, though, with you unleashing Dalton on it--such a lovely city...well, the parts I've been to.

Hopefully things won't be so dull soon; Nar, er, Socratic made an interesting plot suggestion that might get some moving, but not everyone...mainly those with demon relations, as far as I can tell.
Dalton mostly works solo, eg if someone has a vampire, or another mythical creature (vampires are his specialty though) that is giving them problems, they will call him. If he thinks they need to die, he will kill them. Otherwise he will just scare them. He will charge for his services. However if he has a vandetta with a vamp, he does it for free. As long as he isnt asked to kill anything, or doesnt meet anyone who has him POed then LA will be fine XD

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Dragotech Offline

Epic Win for stuffing forests in the Plains of Illinois!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Name: Danica Serenity Garnet. She currently goes by Serana, not remembering her real name.

Age: Serana was killed at 20, and has only spent a short while in her current state.

Race: Ghost/Spirit/whatever, she’s a deceased human.
Despite being a ghost, Danica does indeed have access to a solid form. However, in this state, she is rather fragile (bruising easily, bones breaking under less stress then a normal person’s, ect) and has unimpressive strength and endurance.

However, she also has her “ghost mode”, where she becomes translucent (or completely invisible if she so wishes). Unlike in her solid form, Serana can pass through walls, and cause lighter objects to hover and fly around as she wishes. She also cannot speak clearly, making communication difficult. Solid objects will also pass through her, including living beings.

In both forms, her body temperature is fair below the average, and she does emit tiny amounts of cooler air. It is more drastic in “ghost mode” however, and also more noticeable if she is in a small, enclosed space for a while. As expected, Serana is cold to the touch.

Taking too much damage in her solid form will revert her back to “ghost made” and will remain dormant in translucence for some time.

Affiliation: Neutral

Appearance: Both of Serana's forms use a similar base, a slightly altered version of young woman when she was alive. Standing at about 5’6, her minor surplus of weight is mostly downplayed by her above average height. A natural brunette, her hair is shoulder length, but the locks that frame her face are notably longer. At first, the young woman's eyes appear to be the same hue as her hair, but upon closer inspection, they are a warmer shade of brown. Quite piercing, they can also give her an air of eeriness and detachment for some. Her oddly pale skin is another thing that sometimes draws attention of passersby.

When it comes to clothes, it is fairly obvious the young woman favoured simple threads. She is most often seen pairing dark coloured tops (tank tops, usually) with lighter blue jeans, and completing the ensemble with grey Converses. Despite being impervious to the cold, for the sake of not sticking out too much, Serana will wear a somber coloured hoodie.

The only accessories she still has include a faded brown satchel, one small silver earring (on her left ear) and navy fingerless gloves.

Her appearance is given translucence and a slight grey hue while in her ghostly state. It may be worth noting her “true” form is… gruesome to say the least, and Serana has no way of accessing it willfully.

Personality: “The most important advice I could give you, I think it would be not to trust anyone or anything at face value. Digging a little deeper, you usually find that not everything… is what meets the eye”

Serana finds herself rather untrusting of both people and situations, to the point of being paranoid at times. It takes a fair bit to earn trust, and even then, she may slip into periods of weariness with said person. However, in exchange, she is fiercely loyal.

Even know, she remains shards of her previous logical mind. The young woman won’t charge into anything without at least giving it some thought, and trying to balance out pros, cons and the possible outcomes. While trying to make a choice, Serana doesn’t like to be rushed, but sometimes will need to be pushed along if the situation is urgent enough. She has retained most of her astronomical knowledge and can sometimes use the sky as a way to locate herself.

Despite having been given an objective, Serana often finds herself lost and with little direction. She knows it’ll take her unpleasant places, and finds herself worrying about it on a regular basis, along with weighing the possibility of failure, and if that is even at all possible. These thoughts usually lead her into a pessimistic, depressive mindset that, so far, has managed to be overcome.

Serana, when under intense emotional trauma, she tends to revert back to ghost mode, and will also forget about her death and believe herself alive. Being put back in the situation that ended her life would be a prime example of what could lead to this happening. Trying to reason with the young woman in this state only makes things worse.

History: The bulk of the young woman’s life was rather uneventful, especially compared to the way it ended. Dani was fortunate enough to spend her childhood in a loving (but often a little chaotic) household, under the wing of her older brother. Even as they grew older, he remained rather protective of his little sister, having both drawing positive and negative. Overall, her experiences as a kid were good.

In middle school, a mix up landed Dani in band class, which she ended up sticking with out of connivance and hoped for the end of the term. However, she soon began to enjoy it and stuck with music for the coming years. She was, and still is, quite good with the violin. It was also during this time that she started to go by her middle name of Serenity, due to there being another Danica and a Danny in her classes.

Freshman was a hard year, losing her favorite aunt in a “suspicious incident” was a hard blow. Having gone to another high school, Serenity didn’t have her group of friends to rely on, but learned the fragility of life and not to take people for granted. They never discovered the true circumstances behind her death, which continued to haunt the girl until her own death.

Sophomore was a better, getting a small but tight social circle and discovering a love of astronomy, things looked brighter, and stayed as such for some time afterward.

Despite rumours, Serenity, being more of a logical thinker, was completely disbelieving of “supernatural beings”. The topic would serve for good “scary stories” with some friends around the camp fire, but nothing more. Little did she really know what was really out there.

Graduating with impressive grades, the young woman chose to pursue a career in astronomy. She also reverted to going by Dani or Danica at this point, after being repetitively told that Serenity was "childish" and "too cutesy".

Third year into her Bachelor of Science degree, Danica and a friend (that she liked, mind you) stayed up late studying for finals. Afterward, he offered to take her for a walk in the nearby park. Not missing her chance, Serenity agreed without hesitation.

Unfortunately, he wasn’t as much a university student as a vampire that had a thing for the taste of young adult. He, however, being slightly inexperienced, wasn’t so good at being subtle, and once Danica caught on and panicked… things got ugly… for her.

He was pretty brutal and excessive and to get more blood, well, it was gruesome. Hers wasn’t a peaceful end…

… and neither was it really an end. In the afterlife, she was given a task, destroy the vampire who so mercilessly and irredeemably hunts and kills the innocent and in exchange, a second chance would be granted. After some thought and hesitation, Danica agreed.

The memories of her death were blurred and, of her encounters beyond her last breath, Serana only remembers having a task, and it will involve facing a fear. Little does she know, this fear will be revisiting her worst nightmare…

Weapons/Abilities:
In ghost form:
Invisibility: You can’t see her. She still emits cold though, it’s worth noting
Poltergeist: She can levitate and throw around lighter (inanimate) objects. Heavier items and living beings seem to too much for her.
Passing though walls: Solid objects pose no boundary, unless specifically enchanted or something.

In her human form, Serana is currently limited to her bottle of bear spray, which is rather full at the moment.

Other: The young woman finds herself rather afraid of vampires, but fears being bitten in general above all.

Hope it's not too late to join :3

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }

Last edited by Eternal Moonlight; 03-05-2013 at 05:52 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Nope, Eternal, you're fine to join--things have actually been going pretty slow recently.

That being said, Dragotech and Cobalt Shadow, can you two please slow down your posting speed? I know it's easy to post rapidly since your characters are together, but we still have some people lagging behind due to issues they can't help, and bursts of posting can be a pain to go through for everyone else not involved in the bursts.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 03-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Dragotech Offline

No problem
slowing down intense posting speed
Old 03-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

I am thinking of making another character. Jaye, Drago and I have sorta made plans to travel together. Dalton will go insane if he has to be the only guy :P

Name: Chandler Steele

Race: Unknown Humanoid

Affiliation: Chandler doesn't know any other mythical creatures/people exist. He would be pro secrecy.

Appearance: The first thing people notice about Chandler, is his height. He hasn't had his growth spurt, and is a fair bit shorter than most sixteen year olds.

He has brown hair which is short, but slightly longer on the top or at the front. His eyes are a deep, dark green. He wears dark blue loose jeans, and black skate shoes, as well as a black button up shirt, with a blue wintercoat, which hides his chains.

Due to working in the workshop most of his life, Chandler is fairly well built for a sixteen year old. He is much stronger than the norm, though most likely lacks the fitness. Eg he probably could beat a sixteen year old in an arm wrestle, but not a foot race.

His skin is tanned and worn from work, and has numerous scars, some deep which will never disappear completely, some have faded to the point that he forgot of their existance.

Personality: Chandler lacks confidence. He was the only student in his class most of the time who was adopted. The rest all knew their birth parents. People eventually found out about this, and though they said nothing, he felt different.

Chandler still lacks confidence today. He will speak only when spoken to, and is easily influenced. His small height doesn't help his view of himself. Though he is physically strong, he still sees himself as weak.

After the robbery, and learning of his powers, he has felt like he belongs less and less, and is desperate to leave New York, and see if there are others like him. But he doesn't want to leave his father by himself.

Chandler is loyal to his friends, and won't make a big deal if someone becomes his friend. As long as a person is nice to him, they can be his friend and not even know it. As much as he lacks confidence, he will always defend a friend if the situation arose.

History: Chandler himself doesn't know the truth about his past. He grew up in New York City. His father found Chandler as a baby in a basket, out the front of his house (Cliche` I know) His father (Dean), was a mechanic who lived by himself over the years. He was an honest man who worked for everything, and didn't rip people off. He brought up Chandler as his own son, and taught him right from wrong.

Because it was just Dean and Chandler, and Dean didn't have the money to put Chandler into day care, he took Chandler to work with him in the garage. From a young age, Chandler was surrounded by cars and metal, where he learned more and more each day about cars and the way they worked.

Chandler went to school, and lived life as a normal kid, not knowing where he came from, or who his parents are. He continued to learn more about cars, and working in the workshop. When he was 14 he left school to help his dad in the workshop full time.

During September, Dean went to deliver a car to it's owner after the service, and left Chandler in charge. They expected nothing to go wrong, as he would only be gone 10 minutes. He was wrong.

People were watching the garage, waiting for Dean to leave so they could rob it. There were numerous cars and parts, which might have fetched a decent price on the black market. They broke into the garage where Chandler was by himself. One of the robbers saw Chandler, and went to hit him with his crowbar. Chandler raised his hand in an attempt to protect himself.

Before either of them knew what was going on, the crowbar was immobilized in mid air. One of the other men snuck up behind Chandler and knocked him out.

When Chandler woke up, the cars were gone, and Dean was next to him. After a few minutes he remembered what happened with the crowbar.

Dean took him to the hospital where they gave him the all clear, saying he wasn't concussed. He went home, and ate dinner in his room. When he finished, he locked the door, and put his bowl on the desk, next to a book. He aimed his palm at the book, and concentrated on trying to move it.

The book didn't move. However the fork started rattling inside the bowl. After trying to move a few more things, and being unable to move the non-metals, he learned that he can only move metal objects.

Over the next two years, Chandler spent his spare time in the garage, attempting to move the loose car panels, screws, tools and chains, growing stronger with his abilities, and hiding his gifts from his father.

Chandler still lives in New York City with his Dean and works at the garage. However Chandler is curious as to how he is able to control metal, and wants to travel in order to find this out. He believes that the key to his power lies with his biological family.

Weapons/Abilities: Chandler has the ability to move metal with his mind. He keeps chains and other metal things on his person most of the time.

Teh Chainz of Doomz
Chandler has two lightweight and coiled, yet sturdy chains attached to inside of the back of his jacket. They are partially fed through each sleeve, and remain hidden near Chandler's wrists. When uncoiled, the chains are approximately 4 meters long each. He can control them telepathically, and extend them from his sleeves like whips, even to the point of using them to attach to something up high and pull himself up. However he cannot move very fast with these unless he travels George of the Jungle style, by connecting the chains to something and swinging, as the chains are very heavy.

Teh Neocube of Painz and Stuffz
Chandler a wristband around each of his wrists, that is made up of multiple small, yet powerful magnetic balls. The magnetism holds them together, however Chandler can send and individual ball flying towards a target at high speed. Each of these will leave a (on average) 20mm bruise or welt if it hits bare skin. One isn't too painful. However each wristband is made of 200...

Each looks like this
Spoiler:

Teh Metal Armourz of Protection and Crushing-ness
When thin metal is around, Chandler can bend it to make metal armour for himself.[IMG]images.wikia.com/avatar/images/2/2f/Toph_in_metal_armor.png[/IMG]

If someone is wearing anything metal, Chandler can control that to hold them in place, or even crush it, and whoever is in it. He is a medieval knights worst nightmare.

General Telekinesis of Metals
Chandler can levitate and move metal with his mind. However if it is too heavy, he will struggle, and may not be able to lift it.

Other: I have not thought of a race for Chandler. I am trying to think of a mythical creature that has some form of control over metal. That is why he doesn't know his true heritage. When I figure out what he could be a descendant of to have his powers, I will have him learn it in the RP.

Chandler cannot tolerate heat when he wears his chain jacket. The the jacket will cause him to overheat, and the metal on him (chains, wristbands etc) will burn him if he is somewhere too hot.

Chandler is a mechanical genius for his age, since he spent all his free time during his childhood working in the garage, and left school at fourteen to help his dad in the garage.

SIDE NOTE: I finished this at 1am my time. I am going to reread it and fix any spelling errors, continuity or general derpyness when I wake up

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 03-10-2013 at 04:42 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Winter Offline

Lol, looks good, Cobalt. Have fun with Chandler.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:41 AM
Dragotech Offline

Name: Corbos

Race: Crossroads Demon
Due to the fact that these demons are the tortured remnants of a human soul, they are typically labeled as lesser beings by the average demon. They seem as if they are programmed to enjoy their work as it seems they are void of most every other attitude. The most notable feature about these beings is that they have no physical presence on the Earth. They appear as a black smoke without a host. This form of demon are in some ways similar to ghosts. They are both essentially both spirits. These beings can be safely exorcised from a host. They can be injured by silver and blessed water. They can not cross lines of salt, and they leave behind sulfur when they leave a location. Priests and holy men would use ancient seals of questionable origin to trap and detain these beings. The known way to kill them is burning their earthly remains.

Affiliation: Affiliated with Demons

Appearance: Aside from appearing as a black smoke without a host, he tends to use a body he borrowed without consent. His host is male whether that was his own original gender is an irrelevancy to him. The host has dark hair and blank eyes. The host is fairly dead so the skin is quite pale. Corbos has kept the body in decent condition, so it doesn't smell terrible and look too corroded. He tends to have his host wear a suit. The body does smell like it was preserved in a morgue.

Personality: Being a demon, he has fairly low moral standards. He also tends to be relatively unpleasant, unless you are a client. As far as unpleasant, he tends to be rude and seems to place himself on a higher plane than more mortal beings. He doesn't play nicely with others. He also enjoys spectating violent affairs that do not directly affect him. He is a lover of the finer things life has to offer, perhaps because he had little to nothing in life. He tends to place himself as a friend to make contracts easier to make with clients. Of course once a deal is struck, how he acts towards the client is no longer a relevancy. He quite enjoys his work, and if he gets to see his client squirm then all the better. Of course it is in part because of what he has become and less because who he is.

History: His own life is lost to him. He remembers nothing of it, and he cares nothing for it. In life, his actually life, He was Edward Corbos. He was a British smith. He was decent at his craft. He made enough money to support himself and his wife. They lived a fairly meager life. Of course there was the incident where his wife was burned to death in the forge. He shut it down from the trauma. He did not support himself well afterwards. He took to drinking soon after that. He ended up making a deal with a stranger. Taking on the stranger's jest, he sold his soul for endless drink. His mug never emptied. After nearly drowning himself many times in ales and meads of unnatural origin, he finally died in 1642 as a worthless drunk. It turned out sword swallowing is a dangerous profession that a drunk should not attempt. His life, as far as he is concerned, started when he died. He found himself in hell. Here he was tortured for longer than memory allows. His soul eventually reached the point of not being very human. The transition was seamless and his tortured existence was replaced with something foul. Something that cared little about those hurt by its actions. Since he has become what he is, he has made numerous deals with wittless mortals who sealed their eternal fate for a ten year contract, so that they could enjoy what they wanted for the duration of that ten years. He then returns to them after the ten year period to collect the payment. He tends to work under contract of whatever demon is hiring, but, when free-lancing, he simply adds the soul to his own power.

Weapons/Abilities:
The Deal: He offers anything (power, money, knowledge, anything) in exchange for the soul of the client. He typically gives nothing more than what is asked for. He cannot make deals with the soulless.

Possesion: He can possess people at will. Only one person at a time, and he can be trapped in a body.

Ozgmog: He can call his Hellhound.

Other: Not sure if I can toss anymore together for the character.

Name: Ozgmog

Race: Hellhound
Essentially the tortured spirit of a dog, they seem to follow similar rules to their masters. They cannot cross nor even touch lines of salt and they can be caught with the correct seals. They can be exorcised and can be injured by silver and blessed water. They are different in a sense, in that they have a physical manifestation though many cannot see them. Magical folk such as Fae or Warlocks should be able to see them at least vaguely. Most undead can also see them. Nonmagical beings normally cannot see them through natural means. It is quite obvious where they have been despite the lack of Sulfur, as they tend to make a mess. It is not completely understood how to kill such creatures, but it is assumed that it is a way similar to the that of destroying their masters.

Affiliation: his demon master.

Appearance: Those that can see him see the remains of a long dead dog of rather great stature. His fur is no longer present. The most prominent feature are the obvious and quite visible blackened bones. It appears as though he is burning, but his hellbent form no longer is effected by the flames. Those that peer close enough will see sections of flesh that withstood the torments of hell.

Personality: He isn't the loving companion he once was. What is left is more of a destructive beast than anything else. He is void of desire for his own free will and is completely obedient to his owner. He is normally used as a simple means to collect on his master's deals.

History: In life, it was the unnamed dog of Edward Corbos quite literally found as a puppy. After the dog's master had died quite foolishly by his own hand, the dog found itself in a peculiar predicament. Ironically after its death it sought its master out and found him in a rather unpleasant place. Of course the dog was kept here and suffered as much as any mortal soul could endure. What remains of the dog is the obediant, hellbent shell loyal to its former master.

Weapons/Abilities:
They have claws and teeth.
They appear invisible to many things and all humans.

Other: The Hellhound really can't be expanded on further, and itself isn't meant to act as a character. It is more of an add-on to the Crossroads Demon. As far as Personality goes, it really cannot be expanded without breaking the mythology from which I based it from. The sign-up itself is more of just a reference point to give an idea as to what it is, what it looks like, and how it is.

In the original mythology that I pulled it from it was invisible to all beings. I figured giving it rules for visibilty would help balance it since it is an absolutely ruthless and nearly impossible to kill or deter killer.

Last edited by Dragotech; 03-13-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:44 AM
Winter Offline

...Okay, now Drago, I do believe we have a problem. These SUs are just barely acceptable. You did a rough-looking minimum SU for both of these guys, and it doesn't look like you put much thought into them at all. Your descriptions under the Race sections are just bullet point summaries of each race's weaknesses and abilities when they were meant to be more of a quick informative about the character's race--what do typical Crossroads Demons do? What qualifies as a Hellhound? My definition is certainly different than yours (which is also redundant, considering you've devoted three points to saying two of the same things about people being able to see them and one more about everyone else), so explain what makes them what they are. You really need to look over and re-word, as well as possibly expand upon both appearance sections--some bits just don't compute. Your personality and history sections are also both abysmally short, again, take some time to expand upon these. What has Corbos been doing since he became a demon? How does he fit into the big picture? How was Ozgmog corrupted and how did Corbos find him? Again, what has he been doing since then? Moost of the stuff you have currently listed under Race could also be shifted down and included in abilities instead...

You definitely need to take some time to go back over and fix these before I'll accept these two.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Dragotech Offline

Updated

Is that any better?
Old 03-18-2013, 10:31 PM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn

Sooo... I may have gotten carried away. I'm a bit worried he's too strong, but other than that I'm pretty happy with him. And I still have two more characters I want to make... >.<

Name: Raisoren Driike (Pronounced “Rise-oh-ren Dreek”) He typically goes by Rise, and occasionally goes by Ren.
Age: Somewhere in the 200-300 range, he never bothered to keep track. He appears to be in his twenties, like many dragons do with their youthful appearances.
Race: Western Dragon. Someone else has already defined western dragon parameters in another sign-up, so restating them would be redundant. The only notable difference from that definition is that Rise could be a classified as “lukewarm blooded”. While he is technically a coldblooded creature, he channels his draconic fire abilities to quickly warm up his own blood, making the cold-bloodedness almost a moot point. His subspecies was long considered to have died out, but in the past they have been called “Dragon Slaying Dragons” because of their unique abilities which put them at a distinct advantage against other dragons in a fight.
Affiliation: Well…. Although not part of a group, he’s pro-secrecy, but his personality makes him a headache for those who wish for secrecy, constantly causing disturbances with humans for the fun of it.
Appearance: In human form, which is what he tends to keep himself in, Rise stands at a solid five feet nine inches tall. If some crony had to describe him to their evil mob boss after being beaten up or whatever cronies do, all they would have to say is, “It was that guy with the cheeky grin, he did it!” and Rise would be found pretty quickly. He just can’t keep the mischievous half-smile off his face, and he loves to flash his sharp pearly-whites before biting into someone with equally vicious words. His grey eyes might be considered enchanting to a normal person, all throughout the ash colored pupils there are veins of red and orange, almost like magma seeping through a crack in hardened stone. His obsidian hair is barely long enough to cover the points on the ends of his ears and its contrast with his pale white skin makes it appear even glossier than it is. He wears clothes that don’t stand out too much: plain black shoes, dark jeans, a dark black shirt, and a black jacket for when it’s cold. Around his waist he wears a plain brown canvas belt with loops for holding knives. Inside the loops are four pairs of throwing knives, probably made of steel.
In dragon form he is surprisingly small for a dragon, only about fourteen feet long and five feet tall, but don’t let this fool you, he is fully grown. His wings normally fold rather neatly on his back, and when unfolded are about 24 feet wide. His scales are the same ashen grey color as his eyes in human form and between the scales a red-orange glow emanates. The veins in his wings are strikingly noticeable against his almost see-through wingflesh. The blood is visible in them, a deeper crimson than even blood should be, and they give off the red-orange glow as well. On his neck, there is a set of three scars down the left side, devoid of any scales. His eyes are a fierce red-orange and they glow, the glow even stronger when he uses his abilities. His head is streamlined, with almost no protective scales on it and his teeth still have that same white shine, although they are much sharper than in human form. His whole body is built to be aerodynamic and it shows, with a long spineless ridge leading back to his tail, which has special winglike flaps for control.
Personality: Rise treats everything in life with disdain, humans high ranking on his list of things disliked. But his disdain is not limited to only humans. Were-creatures and vampires are as good as humans, and both fae-folk and demon-kin are only slightly above them. And fellow dragons? Pah! Not like he’ll ever meet one again, but he considers them below humans, although he’ll probably treat one with curiosity as well if he ever meets one. He doesn’t display this disdain by being aloof and haughty though, oh no, that would be much too typical and nothing like him. Instead, he likes to mess with people, play pranks and jokes, and perhaps lash them with sarcastic remarks. And he loves watching the humans flee by throwing a fireball into some pathetic warehouse or bar he might come across when he gets really bored. He also tends to be nosy and curious, getting into other people’s business. Deep down, he might actually have a kind soul, but none of the general riff-raff, that is everyone, would ever get through to him, so what does it matter?
History: Rise has been an aimless wanderer for a while now, causing trouble where he pleases and then running off. Perhaps if he actually cared to think of his early days, he might change his ways, but the thoughts are still too raw to be treated with anything but anger. Long ago he had a family. His mother and her mate reared their offspring in some unnamed desert, which is quite a favorable climate for dragons, and he was taught that there was actually a large a concentration of dragons in the area, although they kept to themselves, so he never met them. His life was happy and enjoyable, and so he grew and was happy. That was until his talents manifested. He was unlike any dragon his parents had ever heard of, racing back and forth at inhuman, erm, indragon speeds, but they raised him as best as they could.
His whole life changed when his parents just disappeared. At first it was nothing, as his parents would often take extended trips from their roost, but soon the young dragon found he could wait no more, and he was forced to fend for himself. This proved difficult for him, as he had not yet been taught to hunt and food is rather scarce in the desert, so when the youngling was found weak and exhausted by a small group of fellow dragons, he was relieved. They fed him and dressed his wounds and he slept deeply in their roost. For a while he lived comfortably with this group, learning at the very least basic hunting and fighting skills, but he never felt welcome and often he would find the patriarch of the group giving him long, suspicious stares. He tried to think nothing of this strange hostility towards him but perhaps he should have, for it almost cost him his life. One night, Rise woke up suddenly, and though his eyes were closed, he heard the heavy breathing of the other dragons in a circle around him. The low, gravelly voice of the patriarch snarled out. “I don’t care, his life must end, now!” Understandably, his eyes snapped open in alarm and he tried to roll out of the way as a massive clawed paw bared down on him, but his neck was caught, and both he and the elder dragon howled in pain as his red hot blood spilled upon the elder’s paw. The elder recoiled as the blood hissed acidicly against his skin, there was a blur of movement, and then Rise was gone. After that, his life has been survival, and when that became too easy, he began satisfying his boredom by messing with whatever got in his way.
Weapons/Abilities:
Dragon Form:
+Enhanced sight and smell. He can see through most disguises and can recognize creatures transformed into human form.
+Natural dragon weapons such as teeth, claws, and a lashing tail.
+Dragon’s strength. Self-explanatory.
+Extraordinary speed and agility. Rise can run at speeds reaching 100 mph if he has enough room, and he can fly at a brisk pace of 500 mph if he pushes himself.
+Superheated blood. His blood is infused with his fiery abilities, hot enough to cause intense burns on all except the extremely fire resistant.
+Acidic blood (Dragons only). To other dragons, touching his blood burns like acid. The wounds are slow to heal, but creatures other than dragons are unaffected.
+Blood channel claws. His front claws deserve a special note above his other natural weapons. They contain special channels which if he desires will open, coating his claws in his own blood. Often, this causes his claws to burst into flame as well, causing it to be a truly terrifying sight.
+Fire resistance and empowerment. Dragons’ are creatures of fire, and therefore resist it. Rise has an added bonus of being slightly empowered by it as it heats his body up, and the more heat he has, the more power he has.
+Enhanced regeneration. Rise has enhanced wound regeneration, most likely because of his magical blood. It certainly isn’t instant, but a wound sustained at the beginning of a long fight could very well be healed by the end of it.
+Human transformation. For Rise, turning into a human is a rather quick process, taking only about a minute to transform. Aided with a bit of practical magic, his clothes appear when he transforms into human form and disappear when he transforms out of it. The process is painful and he will involuntarily cry out and lash about, but after the transformation, the pain is quickly forgotten.
+/-Fireball breath. Unlike most dragons’, Rise cannot breathe fire. Too much of his fire ability is used on the blood heating and control. He does however have a somewhat acceptable alternative. While he cannot breathe a stream of fire, he can fire small bursts of fire from his mouth at high speed which are slightly explosive.
-Weak scales. Rise is made for speed, and as such there are sacrifices. One of them includes his scales. Most dragons’ scales are like a set of armor, difficult to penetrate and dent. Rise’s scales are only a somewhat acceptable defense against slashing attacks. Piercing, bludgeoning, and the like work very well against him, the scales providing no defense. Piercing isn’t advised though, as his blood runs close to the surface and most likely harm whoever did the stabbing.
-Weak mind. Rise is a very easy target to psychically attack. He has few mental defenses. In dragon form, psychic attack will most likely cause him to lash out and attempt to kill any and all that are around him.
-Wing weakness. Wings are often considered a dragon’s weak point. They’re soft and easy to puncture, and when wounded cause great pain. This is true of Rise as well, but he has the additional disadvantage of wingflaps on his tail, which provides an extra weak point.
-Fleshy areas. Rise’s face is not covered in scales, and therefore is completely vulnerable. Also, the three long scars on the left side of his neck have no scales protecting them.
Human-form:
+Enhanced sight and smell. While not as strong as dragon form, his senses normally make it rather easy to pick out supernatural creatures.
+Super human strength. He isn’t extraordinarily strong in human form, but he’s stronger than a human.
+Super human speed. Speed is one of his defining traits. Now, he can’t outrun a speeding bullet or anything crazy like that, but he’s fast enough to make a notable difference if he gets into a fight. He could run perhaps 30 miles an hour in human form, but not for more than a quick burst of a few seconds.
+Fireballs. Rise’s breath ability still appears in his human form, but it no longer originates from his mouth. He can only summon weak fireballs to his fingertips, but a weak fireball is still all you need to burn down a building.
+Throwing knives. The set of steel throwing knives in his belt aren’t for show. Not only can they be thrown with deadly accuracy, they also work as fine melee weapons for someone with the speed that Rise possesses.
-Magical blood. His blood and it’s magic is not a positive thing for his human form. His human form has lost its regeneration ability, but still retains some of the heat and acidic properties to dragons, making it difficult for him to receive help if he is injured.
-Weak will. In human form, it would be very easy for a psychic to completely dominate Rise’s mind.
-Pain blocking transformation. While in dragon form, he can transform into a human no matter what his physical state. As a human however, if he is in pain or has a serious wound that is not at least partially healed, he cannot transform back into a dragon.
Other: Thanks for letting me sign up late.

Last edited by haybalebarn; 03-19-2013 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:59 AM
Winter Offline

Drago: I'm still not overly happy with your SU(s) but it's better than before. Feel free to use them.

Hay: Oh my gosh, your SU is lovely--accepted!

Also, let it be noted that I'm probably going to drop Nora in the near future to an NPC...she will likely be replaced with my own half-vampire and her human "guard" as soon as I can get SUs done for them.

Name: Skylar "Sky" Boschtallen
Race: Demi-Vampire; the daughter of a noble vampire and human woman, Sky is one of those creatures everyone seems to hate...though she isn't sure why. She's not fond of bright sunlight, though it certainly won't kill her, and she needs less blood than others of her father's kind, but she refuses to hurt people to get it.
Affiliation: Herself and pro-secrecy
Appearance: Sky isn't the kind of girl you would want to approach and ask for directions if you saw her on the street. Heck, you probably wouldn't even be able to tell she was a girl at first--standing at a solid 5' 11" and having a very slender body, combined with dirty blonde hair gelled into spikes atop her head tipped off with blue dye, she looks more like a boy than a girl. She can often be found wearing worn jeans or cargo pants with often plain black shirts and rough yet sturdy looking pair of black boots as well as a pair of close-fitting black gloves. The only thing that really clues you in on much about her is the fact she's almost always wearing a gray Nightmare Before Christmas zip-up hoodie with Jack and Sally on it that's patched here and there. She's known mostly for her mischevious, "devil-may-care" smile and many people tend to notice the multiple pieces of jewelry in her ears.
Personality: Sky is one of those people that just doesn't get along well with others, and her recent seclusion from others aside from Damien has made it pretty apparent. She's just as likely to hit you as she is to look at you when you're aggravating her, and almost anything can count as aggravating her--especially when her headaches get more intense. She's prone to using sarcasm to answer everything, and is often unsympathetic to trivial problems, considering her life is currently a mess and people and vampires alike are continually trying to kill her. There are very few people who never end up on the recieving end of her moodyness...actually there are exactly four: her mother, father, half-brother, and Damien. She doesn't care much for airheaded, preppy or overly happy people, and tends to call these kinds of people "Barbies" due to childhood prejudices. Her go-to reaction to anything surprising her is to grab her gun, and has no qualms about asking people to "turn their thoughts down" when they get particularly loud, and doesn't seem to be bothered by answering thought questions out loud. She's often uneasy around people she doesn't know, and tends to be hard to pull out of her shell beyond making sarcastic marks once in awhile. She's always been that way, but spending the past few months alone with the guy she basically shares a mind with has made her particularly fond of simply talking to Damien mentally while ignoring most others. It's often Damien who starts relationships with others first, and she tags along before forming her own ideas on things.
History: Sky was born the daughter of a human woman and a noble vampire, not that she knew this for a good part of her life. Her parents met when her father ran away from his family upon finding out he had been volunteered for an arranged marriage to keep the family pure nobility. Some time during his free run in mostly human society, he met the woman named Caitlin, whom he fell in love with. He eventually shared the truth behind what he was with Caitlin, but she didn't seem to care, and was even excited when she found out they were going to have a baby. However, things went south from there, and her unborn child's father had to leave due to familial reasons before his relationship with Caitlin and her pregnancy were discovered, but that did not mean he abandoned the woman he loved and their child. Throughout the years, her mother was the recipient of many a large check that arrived in mail in an envelope with no return address. When Sky questioned her mother about them, she brushed the questions off, and despite her daughter's many questions, her mother never spoke about her father. As a kid, Sky often found herself on the outside of cliques and groups of girls, but she didn't mind being a solitary child. It meant she didn't have to avoid questions about what her father did or what she hated about her grandparents' odd cooking, or other things of that nature. Instead, she took to calling the pretty, clique-y girls "Barbies" and making odd friends with the other girls who found themselves outside of the mean little groups that cropped up more and more as she got older. She learned to pull her own weight in her house quickly and never had problems with her mother, with whom she lived until she turned sixteen. That was the year she came home from school and found a letter waiting for her from her father, who detailed the story about who and what he was, as well as why he hadn't been able to stay with his daughter and her mother. Included with this explanation was a request for her to come visit him, as he wanted to train his daughter to use what powers she had inherited from his side of the family before she was involved in some kind of freak incident where they could be revealed. Sky was rather shocked, to say the least, that the man claiming to be her father also claimed to be a vampire, but it didn't stop her from wanting to meet the man who had been absent from her life for so many years...and it also didn't help she was curious at to what the man believed that she had inherited from his side of the family.

That was when the attacks started. When her father, a man named Niccholi, revealed his daughter's existence to his wife (the one he was forced into an arranged marriage with) and their two children, only his eldest son did not react with revulsion. His wife and daughter were immediately convinced he had brought shame upon his family name and that the only way to right the shame was to have the girl killed, and when others found out, many felt the same way. Niccholi, however, refused to end the life of the only child he had been able to have with the woman he really loved, and Sky's half-brother stood with their father on the decision. After making his decision clear, there were several incidents in which Sky was nearly killed and often saved by the presence of her half-brother and her growing telepathic ability. After the third incident, her father brought in Damien Wright, a human telepath gifted with the ability to see most mythological creatures whose family had served various vampire families for generations, to work as a kind of guard and blood source for his daughter. Sky and Damien hit it off immediately, their relationship beginning with the words "I like your hair," and only growing from there as they learned how to fight together and protect each other. Eventually, the two became so close that their minds practically became one--there were no true boundaries between their minds; if you were able to look and actually see their minds, it would be hard to tell where Sky's ended and Damien's began, save for their individual thoughts. When things got out of control, Sky finally told her father she could not stay, and set out in the world with Damien at her side a year after she had originally arrived to meet her father. Fearing for her mother's safety, Niccholi separated himself from his wife and daughter, taking his son with him to find Sky's mother and hide Caitlin away. It has been this way for years now, Sky and Damien going where they pleased and getting rid of those who sought to kill her and eliminating Vampires who threatened other humans, taking up a kind of freelance Vampire hunting job.

Unfortunately now that the disappearances have started, Niccholi and Sky's half-brother have begun to worry, and managed to arrange for her and Damien to stay with another Vampire family who doesn't seem to care much about what she is. Sly isn't happy about having to live with other beings again, but if it will stop her father from panicking every five minutes and calling her, she will do what must be done. And just like always, she's determined to help find out what's going on and eliminate the problem.

Weapons/Abilities: Sky's vampire genetics make her base senses (sight, smell, hearing, etc) more sensitive, but her most vampiric qualities are her incredible physical strength and her inherited telekinesis and "sponge" telepathy from her father's side of the family. She heals more rapidly than normal people, but not as rapidly as a full-blooded vampire, though she will heal more quickly with human blood in her system. Despite the fact Sky is a psychic powerhouse, she's plagued with often not being able to block out the minds around her, which tends to lead to headaches of varying intensity, and can stretch to causing her to pass out if the thoughts around her are intense enough. The more she uses her telekinesis, the more she pays for it later, and often by having to compensate for the extra strain by taking more than the little bit of blood she normally does. She can and often does go out in the day, in sunlight, however she is prone to jerking her head away from the direction of sudden bright lights and is easily sunburned, however she never tans. She also packs a pistol that can either be found in one of her cargo pants pockets or strapped in place just by her left shoulder blade, which is loaded with silver bullets.
Other: Don't mess with Damien if you know what's good for you. She also has a nervous habit of reaching for her gun, however she's more likely to weaponize her telekinesis than she is to shoot.

Name: Damien Wright
Race: Human
Affiliation: He follows Sky almost without question, though will admit he thinks secrecy is for the best
Appearance: Damien is rather tall and lanky young man, standing just a little taller than Sky and just as wire thin in appearance, though don't assume that means he has no muscle--you would be dead wrong in doing so. His taste in style seems to be close to that of Sky's as he's been gelling his brown hair into spikes for years, and his twin brother convinced him to try dying the tips of his spikes purple not too long before he met Sky--it's actually something they find quite humorous--and his eyes are a funny nearly purple color that everyone seems to say suggests that there's Fae in the bloodline somewhere that decided to turn up in Damien and his twin brother. Rather than look like a standard guard, Damien dresses similarly to Sky, wearing a simple black short sleeves shirt under and purple and black striped zip-up hoodie with a messily cut out and stitched on red heart sewn to the front left side of the hoodie front. He wears this along with a pair of beat up jeans and black tennis shoes. Often, he can be seen wearing a simple black backpack, and a single read heart stud rests in his right earlobe.
Personality: Damien could easily be called Sky's other half, as he is exactly what she is not, and some of what she is to boot. Damien is openly friendly to anyone and thing he is certain is not a threat to Sky, who he tends to think of first. Despite his dei-vampire companion being more durable than him, Damien often insists on doing things that could easily get him hurt that wouldn't harm Sky as easily, and he's good at keeping track of when she needs to take blood from him. While serious about his job, Damien does have a more playful side, and often uses it to smooth out Sky's worries as a distraction. He's also typically the one to initiate friendships they both tend to eventually share, as he likely understands Sky better than anyone else does with how they are connected, and often tries to help her out in ways not even she understands until later.
History: Damien doesn't have a messy history like many humans entangled in the world of mythological creatures do. Born the "oldest" in a pair of twins, Damien spent most of his young life watching over his more gentle twin brother Verity. While they knew they were expected to serve the vampires, as the rest of their family had before them, they were not tied to any one family or vampire, and trained to deal with all kinds. The twins rarely spent a moment apart, and though one could visibly distinguish the two apart, it was harder to tell which twin was which when they began to talk. What started off as simple finishing of each others sentences and seemingly knowing things that had happened to the other when they were apart, turned into more questionable abilities as the pair grew older and their "twin telepathy" extended to others. Damien often answered unspoken thoughts aloud, unaware they hadn't been spoken, and Verity was uncannily aware of the emotions of those around him and even able to affect them at certain points in time. Eventually, it took the pair coming into contact with a telepathic vampire visiting their family's vampire family for the true extent of their powers to be brought to light--the Wright twins were psychically gifted; Damien was a sort of sponge telepath and Verity a rather powerful empath. Their family, however, attempted to keep their abilities hidden while they were taught how to properly work with vampires...not that the duo and their abilities could be hidden forever, nor could they stay together forever. Shortly after they were put up for possible assignment to vampire families, word about the telepath and the empath got out, and Damien was quickly brought in by a noble vampire named Niccholi Boschtallen to meet his daughter for a potential guarding job... What Damien didn't expect was that the one he was going to be guarding was the vampire's half-human daughter.

The thing was, Damien didn't mind the idea of danger. In fact, he was pretty ignorant of the danger, more interested in the daughter's odd appearance, which was similar to that of his own.
Weapons/Abilities:
Other:

Last edited by Winter; 04-17-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:16 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Drago: I'm still not overly happy with your SU(s) but it's better than before. Feel free to use them.

Hay: Oh my gosh, your SU is lovely--accepted!

Also, let it be noted that I'm probably going to drop Nora in the near future to an NPC...she will likely be replaced with my own half-vampire and her human "guard" as soon as I can get SUs done for them.

Name: Skylar "Sky" Boschtallen
Race: Demi-Vampire; the daughter of a noble vampire and human woman, Sky is one of those creatures everyone seems to hate...though she isn't sure why. She's not fond of bright sunlight, though it certainly won't kill her, and she needs less blood than others of her father's kind.
Affiliation: Herself and pro-secrecy
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Weapons/Abilities:
Other:

Yay another half Vamp! I am still unsure how of Dalton would react to her, probably since there isn't much at the moment XD Should be fun :)

EDIT: One thing I noticed. Dalton's vampire linage is street scum sorta style, eg his father and stepfather being part of a pro vampire gang. Sky on the other hand seems more upper class ha ha

Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 03-19-2013 at 05:19 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:19 AM
Winter Offline

Lol, Sky would want to know how the heck he's lived so long--people try to kill her very often. XD

Old 03-19-2013, 05:24 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Ha ha humans would struggle to kill him because of his speed, and most of the time he can smell non-humans, and will have his hand on his gun when he is suspicious XD

Let me know when you finish the sign up. I am extremely interested in this. Especially how different to Dalton she will be since vampires have varying powers, and half vamps even more so.

Banner Made by Me