Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: Slender Syndrome [A Slenderman/Silent Hill RP] (RP)

James
Affected RPers: Dog of Hellsing, Dragotech.
School Nurses Office

I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar room. It looked like a hospital room, only really dirty. It looked as if it had been abandoned for years. I got up out of the hospital bed, and looked around. It was about approximately 3 meters by 5, with a small single bed on one wall, a sink with shelves above on the opposite wall, near a door. Opposite the door was a window. It was a large rectangular glass pane. I walked over to the window and looked out. It was too foggy too see anything, even how high up I was. I spent about a minute looking out the window, attempting to figure out where I was. Eventually I gave up and walked to the door. I opened it, and on the other side was what looked a nurse. Her skin was grey, and she wore an extremely low cut top, and had bandages covering her face, with a nurses hat on top. But what scared me the most was the knife in her hand. She raised it ready to slash at me. She swung her arm, and I closed my eyes, expecting death the next second. After a few seconds, I opened my eyes. I could feel the cold metal against my neck. The blade barely touched my skin. After a second, she pulled the blade away. Still scared out of my mind, I know of only one way out of this room. I turned around, and ran towards the window and jumped through it shattering the glass which fell with me. As I fell through the air, I was hoping it wasn’t too high up.

Isaac Reed
Affected RPers: Same as above
School grounds

As I walked away I heard a crash closer to the building. The sound of breaking glass, then the voice of a teenager swearing. Not sure of what was going on, I double checked the gun was loaded, and the safety turned off. I walked over, and found a black haired teenage boy limping away from the broken glass. He must have jumped! I turned to Cella and handed her the hammer.
“The cabin is just over there, I am gonna see if this kid’s alright!” I said and ran towards the kid.
“Hey are you okay?!” I asked, surprised he was able to walk. I looked up at the building and found the broken window. He had fallen 2 floors. He should have broken both his legs. Yet he escaped with nothing more than a limp.

James
I heard the voice of a person behind me. They sounded a fair bit older than me. I turned around and saw a man in overalls holding a gun. Not knowing whether he was friendly, I decided to not stay and find out. I kept limping away, as I heard the man keep yelling. Suddenly something appeared in front of me. Another nurse…

Isaac
“Hey! Wait! Stop! I want to help you!” I yelled. “I am starting to think keeping the gun ready is a bad idea” I thought to myself as I began running after him. But he had stopped. In front of him stood what looked like an undead nurse, with a long knife. She raised her arm, ready to slash at the teenager.
“Duck!” I yelled, aiming the gun towards the nurse. I pulled the trigger once, and saw blood pour out of her stomach. I aimed the gun up a little bit and pulled the trigger. This time the bullet hit her in the head. She dropped dead.
“Are you okay?” I asked the teenager as I went over and helped him get up.

James
“Duck!” I heard the man say. I knew what he was going to do. I dropped onto the ground, and held my hands over my head. I heard 2 bangs as the bullets hit the nurse, and she dropped dead.
“Are you okay?” asked the man as he walked over and helped me up.
“Better than I should be.” I replied. I was right. The first nurse was about to kill me, and it didn’t. The fall would have broken both my legs, but it didn’t. Heck, I would have been dead if this guy didn’t shoot the nurse!

Isaac
“Come with me,” I said to the boy. “It isn’t safe out here, especially after your jump. By the way, I’m Isaac.”

James
“Come with me.” The man said to me. At first I was suspicious. After a second I calmed down. If he wanted me dead he would have let the nurse get me.
“By the way, I’m Isaac.” He said.
“James.” I replied, as I limped towards what looked like a caretakers cabin.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 12-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Akinai Offline

Send a message via AIM to Akinai

Serena Dawson

Affected Rpers: Dog of Hellsing

Either I had chosen the worst building ever, or this town had the worst fire safety rules ever. Even though I had passed a few windows, It was hard to tell just what lay inside due to lack of a light source. As the creatures' screeching grew louder, I began to search wildly for any form of escape, whether it be a ladder or door. Even if they managed to find a way inside, it was a lot better than getting caught in the open street.

“Over here, I found a way inside! Hurry!”

Looking around the corner, I saw that sure enough, the woman from before had found an entrance. A metal door currently stood open, with her on the verge of entering. As I moved towards it, there was a faint outline in the fog as the creatures had finally managed to catch up. Attempting to summon one last burst of speed, I dashed towards the entrance, managing to shut the door in time. There was a loud thud as something collided with the door, and a smaller one as something tried to ram it way in.

Please don't let the larger one show up I silently wished, trying to catch my breath. At least the constant static noise had finally ceased, the phone having finally shut off. As I put the device away, the thumping from outside seemed to be dying down a little. With any luck, they were giving up instead of searching for a way in. Plus, this gave a chance to possibly get some answers. Maybe this woman even knew where the other people were hiding, if there were any left.

“So, mind telling me what's going on?” I asked, watching the newcomer for a reaction. “You have to be from around here, right?”
Old 12-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Krystal Tompson
Affected RPers: Akinai

If we’re being honest here, I didn’t think she was going to make it. Somehow she managed to find the speed needed to reach me before the monsters, though, and we scurried inside with barely a second to spare. The other woman slammed the door shut and the little nightmares outside started to bang against it, but after a few minutes they seemed to get tired of that. They weren’t trying to get in, but I could still hear them out there, shrieking over and over as if making it clear they weren’t happy with not being able to get to us.

I leaned against a wall and did my best to slow my panting to a normal rate of breathing, kneading the painful stitch that was reminding me I wasn’t exactly a marathon runner and shouldn’t pretend like I was one. The other woman was taking a moment to try and catch her breath as well, recovering a bit faster than me as she suddenly asked, “So, mind telling me what's going on?” I blinked and faced her to find her studying me, which made me feel a bit awkward for some reason. “You have to be from around here, right?”

“Hardly,” I replied with a snort. “I have no idea where we are or what’s going on in this place. I was trying to enjoy my vacation and took a wrong road, ended up coming down a dead-end road that led to some place called Silent Hill. As I was leaving, I saw some guy limping around on the side of the road. I pulled over and went to see if he was all right, but as soon as I got out of my car I got this horrible pain in my head and I blacked out. When I woke up I was here.” I sighed and waved my hands to indicate the town in general. “I’m not from here at all, wherever here is. I don’t know where all the other people are, I don’t know what the deal with these monsters is, and I don’t know how I ended up here. All I DO know is I’d like to get the hell out of dodge before something worse than what I’ve already seen shows up.”

As I finished my little rant, a new pain caught my attention and made me wince. It was the scars on my side, each radiating a dull sting that came out of nowhere. I frowned and rubbed at them, but the pain didn’t go away. I started to feel tense and uneasy, like a Mood was about to hit me. I shook my head in an effort to stave it off and instead focused on the other woman.

“So what about you? Know anything about this lovely little stain on the planet?”

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 12-28-2012, 01:35 AM
Akinai Offline

Serena Dawson

Unfortunately, it didn't look like the woman was from around here either. “Hardly, I have no idea where we are or what’s going on in this place. I was trying to enjoy my vacation and took a wrong road, ended up coming down a dead-end road that led to some place called Silent Hill.”

Odd, I don't remember seeing any other vehicles on the road. While she continued on with her story, I was only halfway listening as I tried to figure out what was going on. While it was possible she had taken a road other than the one I had taken, something still seemed off. After all, what were the chances of yet another person entering what was apparently now a dead town? She didn't appear to be lying, that or was doing a grand time of hiding it. Since it seemed like she was wrapping up her tale, I keyed back in to paying full attention.

“All I DO know is I’d like to get the hell out of dodge before something worse than what I’ve already seen shows up,” the woman stated, though immediately after she winced as if in pain. She held her side a moment, then shook her head as if it would get rid of whatever discomfort she was having, at least that's what I assumed. “So what about you? Know anything about this lovely little stain on the planet?”

Not enough, apparently, I thought ruefully. Instead, I opted for another topic. “Are you all right? For being injured, you definitely ran well enough to hide it.” Since the creatures outside seemed to have finally stopped trying to break their way in, I took a look around the room we were currently standing in. It appeared to be a mix between a maintenance and storage room, with boxes shoved against the walls. There were a few shelves as well, filled with assorted objects. Upon closer look, they were revealed to be tools, ranging from hammers to an electric drill. “Looks like we're either in a hardware store, or someone really liked to keep around tools. There may be a first aid kit stashed somewhere in here if you need it.”
Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Dragotech Offline

Secily Jones
Near the Caretaker's Cabin
Affected Arpers: Cobalt Shadow, Dog of Hellsing

I walked with the others towards some cabin that the man with the gun thought a safe place. I was nervous about him. I constantly fingered the handle of the knife concealed inside my jacket. It was not a fancy knife. It was not small either. It did not have an extremely broad blade. Just an average thickness, but it did have a good length to it. It was made of high quality steel. It had a simple sheath. It was a knife that may prove useful here. I was especially surprised that some random kid jumped out of window. I nearly jerked it out. There was a some kind of nurse like creature around. I didn't remember it standing there before. It was quickly shot down by the man with the gun.

I strayed slightly behind the group for a moment after that because I heard something plop down behind me. I spun around. It was another one of those nurse things. I instantly assumed that it jumped out of the window after that kid. It seemed to have come out worse. It was writhing and more broken. I am not sure why, but I slipped behind it and slid my knife out and stuck the blade through the base of the skull. I saw the blade protrude out of what I guess was where the mouth was supposed to be. I felt the gritty coagulated blood on my hands. I jerked my knife to the right effectively severing the connection between the jaw and the rest of the head. I saw bits of more coagulated blood land on the ground. The thing still twitched. I stabbed the back of the neck. My knife plunged into its spinal column and I again jerked to the side, and there was more of this blood. The half decapitated being was dead.

I wiped my knife off on my cargo pants. It left a dark brown and gritty stain behind. I slid the knife back into its hidden sheath. I chuckled for a few syllables, and I kicked the partly decapitated head with my boots. It seemed parts off it loosened. It came off in a very unclean fashion. I was slightly frightened by my actions. Luckily, I was not far behind the rest of the group. They were easily in sight and slightly slowed by the limping boy. It took all of a split second to catch up at slow jog.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:42 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Isaac Reed and James
Affected RPers: Dragotech, Dog of Hellsing
Currently: In the Caretakers Cabin.
(OOC: Writing in third person to make it easier to use two characters. Also sorry if I bunnied Cella, I know she was going to go to the caretakers cabin, so I assumed she went there when James jumped.)

James and Isaac walked into the caretakers cabin. Cella was already there. After a few seconds Secily walked in. Everything was silent.
Isaac helped James, who was still limping, into a seat, then looked around the dark cabin. After a few minutes Isaac found a book on a nearby shelf. It was labelled Silent Hill Street guide. He flicked through the pages. The book consisted of maps, and details on each street. It looked old, but it was the best he had.

"Guys look what I found." Isaac said to the rest of the group, as he put the book on the table, and pulled out his phone. He pressed a few buttons, and a white light appeared from the top of it. As he pointed it towards the book, light flooded past the pages, and revealed something to Isaac he hadn't noticed. Blood soaked into Secily's pants. Judging by the look of it, fresh blood, but it didn't look human (Isaac had seen plenty of that at work). It wasn't all in one spot, so there wasn't a wound on her leg, but looked as if it were wiped.

Trying to avoid looking like he had noticed Isaac continued reading, occasionally looking up at Secily. He noticed something strange as she looked around the cabin. She always kept her hand near the inside of her jacket, and looked on edge. More on edge than the rest of the group.

After a few more minutes of reading Isaac tore out a page, and put it into his pocket.
"I think that the school is on Old Silent Hill road. The interstate is south-east, and to the west is all wilderness. As dangerous as it sounds, I think our best bet is to try and get to the interstate." Isaac said. After a few seconds, James broke the silence.
"How will we do that? I can barely walk with this limp." James said.
"I am getting to that. The four of us will draw too much attention as a group. That is why we split up. I saw a wheelbarrow around the side of the cabin before. According to this map, we have to go past the hospital to get to the interstate. There will be painkillers there for James leg. I will carry James to the hospital in the wheelbarrow, and we will get him some painkillers, as well as anything else that could be useful. When James is able to walk, I will call Cella and Secily, who will make their way to the hospital. From there, we go to the interstate, and try to hitchhike our way home. If Secily and Cella don't get the call, they know we weren't able to make it. I know it is suicide, but it is the best plan we have."
Isaac finished explaining, then picked up his handgun and handed it to Cella, with the rest of his clips.
"The clip in the gun has 6 bullets left, the other two have 8 each. Be careful with it." Isaac said.
"Anyway, any objections to Operation Stupid?" he asked the group.
"I'm in." James said with a nod. Isaac saved him from the nurse, and therefore was the only one he trusted so far.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Krystal Tompson

“Are you all right? For being injured, you definitely ran well enough to hide it,” the other commented, completely dodging my question. I shook my head again and dropped my hand, trying to ignore the dull stinging pain burning in my scars. I remembered my parents telling me I’d had them after I returned from being missing for a month, and even after all these years I still didn’t remember anything about the time I’d been gone or how I’d acquired the scars. All I remembered is after I came back, I’d had horrible nightmares and wake up screaming pretty much every night, though my memory of the nightmares was pretty much non-existent as well as any memory of when I’d been abducted.

“Looks like we're either in a hardware store, or someone really liked to keep around tools. There may be a first aid kit stashed somewhere in here if you need it,” she added, and I found myself looking around as well. It did seem that we were in a storage room of some kind, or it could just be a maintenance room like I’d originally thought. It didn’t matter either way; what mattered was that some of these things could double as weapons if need be, and if this was a hardware store, there’d be other things on the sales floor that could be used for defense. I waved a hand to dismiss the other woman’s worry and pushed off the wall, wincing again as the movement caused the pain in my scars to flare for a moment before settling back to a dull, persistent stinging.

“I’m not hurt, it’s just some old scars hurting all of a sudden. They’ve never hurt before, so I don’t really know what’s up, but after everything else that’s happened, it ranks pretty low on my list of concerns. For now, let’s see what we can find to protect ourselves with.” I headed to the only door leading into the room and cautiously turned the knob, pushing it open about an inch and peeking out into the main store. It appeared deserted from what I could see, which wasn’t much thanks to the tall shelves set up throughout the store. I could, however, see an isle of paint and another isle with assorted screwdrivers and such, and a bit further down was an isle with pieces of wood of varying sizes and colors. I closed the door and walked over to one of the shelves in the room we occupied, picking up some of the hammers and whipping them through the air. I found a few that were light enough to swing without causing much fatigue but still had enough heft to them to crack a skull or crush a leg bone, then faced the other woman.

“I didn’t see anything out there, but it’s impossible to see the whole store from here, so something could be lurking in one of the other isles or something. You might wanna grab a hammer or two or whatever, just in case something is out there. It looks like this is a hardware store or a DIY store of some kind, so there’ll be better things we can use as weapons out there, but I’d like to have something to protect myself with just in case something attacks us before we find anything else.” I then realized that I had no idea what this woman’s name was, and it would be awkward calling each other “hey you” all the time. “By the way, my name is Krystal. Nice to meet you, though the circumstances are pretty cruddy.”

///

Cella Jones
Affected RPers: Dragotech, Cobalt Shadow

We didn’t get far before the sound of shattering glass reached us. It turned out to be some teenage boy, who appeared to have jumped from a second-story window of the school. We went to check on him but, surprisingly, he was already on his feet and limping away before we reached him. I paused for a moment and looked up at the broken window the kid had jumped, or possibly fallen, out of as Isaac went after him, calling for the boy to wait up. Something didn’t seem right about this…the way he’d hit the ground, he should have been too hurt to be walking away like he had nothing more than a sprained ankle. I tried my best not to let it get to me, since I was already coming way to close to having a panic attack, and instead turned my attention to the others. Just as I was lowering my gaze I heard two gunshots ring out; instinctively, I yelped and dropped to my knees, ducking my head in a rather useless attempt at keeping myself from being hit by any random bullets.

After the echoes of the gunshot faded, I cautiously raised my head and saw what looked like a heavily bandaged nurse wearing a dirty uniform lying on the ground. A wicked knife was held in one of her limp hands, and two bullet holes were leaking a thick, ichor-like blood. I stood and stumbled over to the others as Isaac helped the kid back to his feet; at some point he’d hit the ground again. I skirted around the broken nurse, horrified by how human this thing looked in appearance. It made me realize that even if I saw a human-like shape in the future didn’t mean what was approaching was remotely human in nature. I shuddered as I went by it, and thankfully we were on our way shortly after the incident.

We eventually reached the caretaker’s cabin, and we had a bit of good luck for once when Isaac found a street guide for the place, which was apparently called Silent Hill. I’d never heard of the place, but at least having a name for it made me feel a bit better. What made me feel better was the possibility of getting out of here, now that we had a map that would help keep us from getting lost.

I realized as Isaac was looking through the street guide that the newcomer, who I’d heard mention his name was James, didn’t know my name or Secily’s. I went to stand next to him and got ready to make the introductions, but at that moment the light from Isaac’s phone (which he was using as a flashlight) revealed a dark stain that hadn’t been present on Secily’s pants earlier. There was something dark and wet on the other woman’s pants, something that looked like blood. It didn’t look like it had come from an injury, but as though something that had been covered in blood had been hastily wiped across the fabric. I hadn’t heard anything to indicate she’d wrestled with something, no cries for help or screams of a monster. So where, exactly, had the blood come from? Or was it even blood? I was too nervous to confront her about it, so instead I turned my attention back to James.

“Hey there, I’m Cella and that over there is Secily,” I said. I was getting ready to ask if maybe he knew what the hell was going on, but before I could I heard the sound of ripping paper. I looked over to see Isaac tearing a page out of the book, which he then put into one of his pockets.

"I think that the school is on Old Silent Hill road. The interstate is south-east, and to the west is all wilderness. As dangerous as it sounds, I think our best bet is to try and get to the interstate,” the overall-clad man said, and after a moment James spoke up.

"How will we do that? I can barely walk with this limp."

"I am getting to that. The four of us will draw too much attention as a group. That is why we split up. I saw a wheelbarrow around the side of the cabin before. According to this map, we have to go past the hospital to get to the interstate. There will be painkillers there for James leg. I will carry James to the hospital in the wheelbarrow, and we will get him some painkillers, as well as anything else that could be useful. When James is able to walk, I will call Cella and Secily, who will make their way to the hospital. From there, we go to the interstate, and try to hitchhike our way home. If Secily and Cella don't get the call, they know we weren't able to make it. I know it is suicide, but it is the best plan we have." Once he was done, he picked up his gun and came over, handing it to me as well as a few clips. I stared blankly at the gun, having never fired or even held one in my entire life. It was heavier than I expected it to be, but I didn’t argue about taking it. I put the clips in my pocket and held the gun aimed at the floor, hoping I’d never have to use it but grateful for having something I could use against anything that attacked us.

"The clip in the gun has 6 bullets left, the other two have 8 each. Be careful with it,” he told me, and I nodded slowly. I didn’t bother mentioning I’d probably never be able to hit anything coming at me.

"Anyway, any objections to Operation Stupid?" he then asked, addressing everyone. James said he was in, but I had a bad feeling about all this.

“If you get attacked, it’s going to be hard to protect yourself and James with just a hammer, especially if it’s a group. Also, my phone can’t make or receive calls, so unless Secily has a working phone or James has one and wouldn’t mind leaving it with us, calling us to let us know when to meet you won’t work. And honestly, I think we’ll be attracting unwanted attention whether there’s one of us or one hundred. At the very least, if we stick together there will be more of us to fight off potential attackers, and more people to keep an eye out for threats.”

I feel silent and nervously rubbed the butt of the gun with my thumb. I didn’t mention out loud that I wasn’t very comfortable staying with Secily alone, at least not until I found out if that was indeed blood on her pants or maybe just a mud stain or something. If it was blood, where did it come from…?

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Akinai Offline

Serena Dawson

“I’m not hurt, it’s just some old scars hurting all of a sudden, the woman said, pushing herself from the wall she had been leaning back on. “They’ve never hurt before, so I don’t really know what’s up, but after everything else that’s happened, it ranks pretty low on my list of concerns. For now, let’s see what we can find to protect ourselves with.” With that, she went to the only other door in the room to take a look around.

“Right...” Like a screwdriver is going to help much against those things, I added silently, looking at the shelves around me. While my stepfather had always been a fan of the shooting range, and had taught me at least how to properly hold and aim a pistol correctly, close combat was another thing entirely. Plus, going after one one of those creatures with a crowbar or pipe wrench didn't seem like a good idea. I picked up a nearby box cutter, idly tossing it from hand to hand while trying to figure out what else to grab.

“I didn’t see anything out there, but it’s impossible to see the whole store from here, so something could be lurking in one of the other isles or something,” the other woman said. Apparently she had just taken a quick peek outside rather than explore the entire store. “You might wanna grab a hammer or two or whatever, just in case something is out there. It looks like this is a hardware store or a DIY store of some kind, so there’ll be better things we can use as weapons out there, but I’d like to have something to protect myself with just in case something attacks us before we find anything else.” She had chosen a hammer herself, a fairly hefty one by the looks of it.

I eyed the hammers, debating on whether or not to take one as well. While some did look like a possible weapon choice, carrying around something like a sledgehammer when I was already weighed down would just make it harder to get away from anything. Ditching the satchel wasn't even an option, so something lighter would have to do the job instead. Giving another glance at a shelf close by, I tested out several crowbars before finally deciding on one of the longer ones. “Not my first choice of defense, but at least it's useful,” I remarked.

“By the way, my name is Krystal. Nice to meet you, though the circumstances are pretty cruddy,” she added.

So much for avoiding introductions, I silently cursed, trying not to flinch. If prior experience had proven anything, when someone introduced themselves they either wanted to be friends or stick around for a while. I just wanted to find someone to help tell me more about these books, or maybe even explain what had happened to this town. Sticking around with someone who wasn't interested in either seemed like a waste of time, but no point burning bridges just yet. “Serena, and doubt either of us were expecting to see anything like this today,” I said, waving a hand towards a window. “If you want to leave so badly, I might be able to show you the way I walked here. Otherwise, I just want to find at least one survivor in this 'lovely little stain' as you put it earlier.” With that, I headed out the door inside the store, seeing if there was anything else worth salvaging.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Isaac Reed
Caretakers Cabin at school
Affcted RPers: Dragotech and Dog of Hellsing
Cella was the first to voice her concerns about the plan. According to her, the four of us would work better as a team. But something was different. Though she seemed panicky before, she seemed more so now. She also kept looking over at Secily nervously and down at her pants. She must have noticed the blood too. Secily continued to hold her hand near the inside of her jacket. Suddenly it hit me. She must have a knife or something similar in there. I pulled the back off my phone, and put it in a good position where I could subtly disconnect the battery if I needed to. I then opened up a note on that and wrote a message.
"Secily has a knife, and has used it. Ditch her? Pretend you are fixing the phone, and write your response here. if she comes, pull out the battery."

"Argh, I wish this stupid phone was working." I said loudly. I looked over at Cella.
"Could you please take a look at this? I know how to fix cars, but I hate phones." I said, handing the phone to her at an angle where Secily couldn't see the display.

While Cella looked at the phone, I pulled out the map and had another look. I then had a look at the book again. On the contents page I found the page for the Police station. On this page was a floor map.

"If I lock her in the cell, she won't be able to hurt us, and nothing will be able to get to her if she is innocent. We will call the cops when we get out of here." I thought to myself. It was right past storage, "Good we can get some guns if things get messy."

"Okay so all four of us will partake in Operation Stupid?" I asked.

Banner Made by Me
Old 12-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Krystal Tompson

“Serena, and doubt either of us were expecting to see anything like this today,” the other woman said. I snorted in agreement as she waved towards a window. “If you want to leave so badly, I might be able to show you the way I walked here. Otherwise, I just want to find at least one survivor in this 'lovely little stain' as you put it earlier.” I blinked at her words, but didn’t take them personally. It was probably just nerves talking. At any rate, if she could point me to the way out of this dump, I’d be more than happy to suffer a bit of stressed-out attitude.

“I certainly didn’t plan on being here in the first place, so being kidnapped and brought here sorta makes me less than eager to hang around,” I replied in a low voice, following Serena out into the store. “But you said you walked here and you don’t seem all that concerned about leaving. I guess at least one person wants to be here for some reason.” I didn’t bother asking why the hell she’d want to stay here after the things that had chased us and the absolute lack of other people, but I had the feeling Serena was one of those people who didn’t open up well to others. If I tried getting buddy-buddy with her she’d probably ditch me somewhere. Instead I shrugged to myself and fell silent, cautiously making my way towards the closest isle. It was full of metal pipes ranging from an inch or so to nearly as long as I was tall. I picked up a few of them, surprised by how light yet sturdy some of the bigger ones were. These would give me better reach and probably last longer than the hammers I had, so I took the best pipe and quietly set my hammers on the floor.

I then continued to hunt around, eventually finding a carpenter’s tote to put around my waist. Into this went various things; several packs of lighters and a few big handfuls of snack food from the checkout lane, as well as a few warm bottles of pop and water, five small but powerful flashlights and roughly thirty AAA batteries for them, and three miniature first-aid kits. I also came upon an aisle full of nail guns, which would probably be a better weapon than a pipe as I could hit things that hadn’t come close enough to attack me. I checked the specifications of them, looking for the lightest that had the most force behind the nails, taking two of them in case Serena wanted one (if not, having a spare wasn’t a bad thing in case one broke, jammed, or got lost). I then filled the remaining space with nails for the gun, managing to cram about two hundred or so worth of clips or whatever they’re called into the tote. Slightly weighed down by my haul but feeling a bit safer, I went to meet back up with Serena and see if she’d had any luck finding things she wanted.

Unfortunately, I heard a loud crashing noise come from the back room we’d entered as I crept around. It sounded like something was trying to bash the door down to get inside. I instantly forgot my desire to remain quiet and broke into a sprint, trying to find Serena as the bashing continued. I had a feeling that my weapons of choice wouldn’t do much good against whatever was pounding on the door and that our best course of action would be to run. Again.

///

Cella Jones

Isaac fiddled with his phone for a few minutes after I spoke up, as if wanting to make sure it still worked after hearing that mine was having issues. It didn’t look like he was having much luck, and eventually he said, "Argh, I wish this stupid phone was working." His voice was loud, probably in irritation with dealing with a phone he’d thought would be working. He looked over at me and held out the phone as he added, "Could you please take a look at this? I know how to fix cars, but I hate phones."

“It’s a good thing I worked tech support for a year or so,” I replied, walking over and taking the phone. I expected to see something along the lines of “Outside service range” or crazy static lines, but instead I found a message on the phone. I quickly read it, resisting the urge to look up at Secily, and erased the message. I then typed out a reply, taking my time and going slow so it wasn’t obvious that I was texting. Every so often I’d stop altogether and stare at the phone, as if waiting for it to react to something I’d done. I messed with the volume and camera buttons as well to make it look like I was really trying to fix it. As I worked, Isaac pulled the page back out of his pocket and studied it for a moment before asking, "Okay so all four of us will partake in Operation Stupid?"

I couldn’t hold back a chuckle. Even though I was so nervous I could barely breathe, this guy was able to make light of a bad situation. I nodded in agreement as I finished typing my message.

We don’t know what happened. Don’t want to be alone with her, but don’t want to just leave her. Keep an eye on her.

After I was done I shrugged apologetically, handing the phone back to Isaac.

“Sorry, I did the same things I tried on mine, no luck. I think it’s this place, doing something to the phones.” I then glanced at Secily, trying not to stare at the stain on her pants. “You’re coming with us, right? It’s not safe to be alone.” Even though I didn’t want to be alone with her, I honestly didn’t want to just leave her behind. Maybe something had attacked her and she hadn’t said anything because she didn’t want to worry us, or maybe she’d tripped over the Nurse-monster Isaac had shot and got its blood on her. It was probably a simple thing that was silly to get so worked up over, but after the things I’d seen so far, I didn’t want to take careless risks.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 12-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Akinai Offline

Serena Dawson

As I walked further inside, there was a short pause before I heard Krystal follow along as well. “I certainly didn’t plan on being here in the first place, so being kidnapped and brought here sorta makes me less than eager to hang around,” she replied, keeping her voice down. “But you said you walked here and you don’t seem all that concerned about leaving. I guess at least one person wants to be here for some reason.”

I responded back with a half-shrug, concerned more with stocking up than worrying about any assumptions she could come up with. Seeing Krystal stop and browse at the closest aisle, I headed to the next one over instead. This place wasn't exactly giant, but it would be faster to split up and search for supplies separately regardless.

There were multiple totes to choose from, but carrying along two bags just seemed like asking for trouble. Instead I searched about, finding one that was a bit larger than my own satchel before transferring over the contents with care. While at it, I searched for basic essentials; flashlights, sturdy tape to somewhat repair objects if they broke, and some bottled water from a drink case. There were even a few boxes of matches stashed behind one of the checkout desks, though they appeared to be thick in dust from disuse. Figuring that having a way to start a fire would at the very least help with distracting creatures in the future, I grabbed a couple of them as well.

Unfortunately, I didn't see anything anything that really improvised as longe-range weaponry. While there were a set of long pipes in one aisle (appearing recently moved, Krystal had likely been here first), nothing else seemed able to reach beyond a couple feet or so. Grabbing a midsized pipe about two and a half feet long, I added it to my collection. At this point I was beginning to run low on room, so opted to switch over to finding food rather than more tools.

I had barely made it halfway to the snacks when a loud crash echoed throughout the store, followed shortly by another one. Judging from the direction it was coming from, it sounded like we were out of time- something was finally trying to force its way in. Giving the food a final halfhearted glance, I dashed towards the middle of the store, trying to see if there was any visible markers for an emergency exit. Along the way, I nearly ran into Krystal as she sprinted down an aisle.

“I don't see a way out save for the front door, but maybe we could drop down something to barricade them in that small room,” I said, nodding over to one of the aisle shelves. They looked heavy, but maybe with enough force they could topple over. As the sound got louder, a sinking thought crossed my mind. “Wait, you did close the door behind you, right?”
Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Dragotech Offline

Secily Jones
In the Caretaker's Cabin
Affected Arpers: Cobalt Shadow, Dog of Hellsing

I listened to the interesting proposal from the man with the gun. It seemed a bit shy of suicide at best. He offered the gun to the other women which struck me as odd, but he does have a hammer, but that may not be much when there are beings out there that look as if they could cleave through steel with great ease at their own leasure . I considered offering up my knife, but only for a moment. I was mostly trying to remain silent.

I pulled my hand out of my jacket and forced myself to relax. I pulled out my phone. "I can recieve texts, but that is the limit of things I can do with this thing..." I managed to mutter. I didn't want to, but I figured I might as well say something even if it is fairly quiet. “You’re coming with us, right? It’s not safe to be alone.” The other women asked me. I knew I couldn't remain quiet like I wanted. I said, "I don't think I have anywhere else to be, so sure..." I tried to joke uncomfortably. I wiped at the stain on my pants, but it did little more than knock off some of the clumps.

I looked around the room. I walked over to some cupboards that seemed unopened. They were locked and made of wood. The wood was old and creaky. I decided I wanted to open the cupboards. I pulled out my knife. The steel blade gleamed and made me smile. I was very comfortable with this knife. I struck the cupboards with the steel but of the knife. The wood creaked and cracked and gave way. I cut myself on the wood, and I got teary eyed because of it. The cupboard was opened and rather broken. Inside there were some cloth bandages, and I wrapped one around my cut hand. I put the knife back in its sheath inside my jacket.

There was not much else inside the cupboard of use. Their was the bandages and a little alcohol for cleansing a wound as well as some old medication. There was some good tape still in there, and I grabbed that. I decided opening the cupboard was not really worth it. I turned back around and handed the man that used to have the gun the bandages and alcohol. "These... might be helpful... maybe..." I tried not to sound uncomfortable with communication, but that only made it worse.

I slid my hands into my pocket and sat. It seemed that waiting until something moved seemed the best course of action. I wondered if the stain on my pants was making my associates uncomfortable. They seemed to look down at it often. I pretended not notice. I managed to remain calm-ish.

Last edited by Dragotech; 12-29-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

James
Affected RPers: Dog of Hellsing, Dragotech
Currently: about to leave the Caretakers cabin.

Isaac walked out of the door, hammer in hand in case he saw any more of those creatures. He walked around the corner a few minutes later with a wheelbarrow.

"As uncomfortable as it sounds, you are going to have to ride in this, with the busted leg and all." Isaac said to me. I nodded, still wondering why I only had a limp.

Isaac walked over and helped me out of the chair I was sitting in, then helped me walk over to the the wheelbarrow. I sat in, finding it wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought.

For the third time he opened the book, to what looked like the same page as usual. There must have been photos of the cells in the police station, judging by what he said next.

Isaac Reed
Affected RPer: Same as above

I helped James get into the wheelbarrow, then had another look at the book. Cella was right. What if she is innocent? We can't just let her get killed. But what if she isn't. The cells were seeming like a better option. But how to tell Cella this.

I continued looking in the book in the section about the police stations, where I found some pictures of the cells there.
"Geez, whoever built these cells did a great job. By the look of it, nothing can get in or out without the key." I said looking over at Cella hoping she would get the message. If we locked Secily in one, then sent the police back for her, the monsters couldn't get her.

I made sure my hammer and the spanner were in an easy to reach pocket, then opened the door, lifted the wheelbarrow, and began to walk out.
"Lets go before something else shows up," I said. "Cella, I need you to be ready to shoot anything that comes by. If you don't want to, then give the gun to James. You can shoot can't you James?"

"Seems easy enough." He said.

As I waited for Cella to respond, I continued walking, and pushing the wheelbarrow, wondering how far we can get undetected...

Banner Made by Me
Old 12-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

n/a
Affected RPers: Everyone

Somewhere in the fog-covered town, sirens began to wail. Low and quiet at first, the sound quickly rose in pitch and volume until it reached its crescendo before descending back to its starting tone. The sirens continued to blare out as the gray skies began to darken, but it wasn’t just the sky. Blackness seemed to be descending over the entire town, until it looked as though pitch-black night had fallen. As the darkness blanketed the town, the town itself also underwent a staggering transformation. The very ground cracked apart, parts of it rising into the air before disintegrating. Buildings fell into ruin and the cars were reduced to little more than rusted husks. In many cases, doors that existed were completely gone or covered in unidentifiable substances, while other doors had spawned in areas they hadn’t been previously. Around the town there came the screams of stronger monsters who accompanied the darkness, monsters that were bigger and smarter. The sirens fell silent as this twisted new realm fully formed, releasing its horrors into the town.

The Otherworld had arrived.

///

Krystal Tompson

I slid to a halt as Serena came around a corner and nearly ran into me, bearing a new tote over the old satchel she'd had. I was going to say that we should probably get going, but she spoke before I had a chance to say anything.

“I don't see a way out save for the front door, but maybe we could drop down something to barricade them in that small room.” She nodded towards one of the aisles, as if indicating we might be able to push one over. A nervous expression crossed her face as she added, “Wait, you did close the door behind you, right?”

“I think I did but I don’t remember for certain, to be completely honest,” I answered. I jumped as a loud crash echoed through the entire store; it sounded like whatever wanted in had managed to finally break the door down. Terror flooded my veins at the thought of something big and strong enough to bash down a metal door chasing after us, but then I heard another sound start to fill the air. It took me a moment to place it; it sounded like air-raid sirens. I frowned and glanced towards the front of the store, my mouth dropping in disbelief as it started getting dark. Within a few minutes blackness had completely fallen. On top of that, the store around us started to just…deteriorate. The aisles were reduced to rust-covered metal, dropping their contents to the floor, which was broken and rusted as well now. The ceiling fell apart, lights and wires falling and hanging haphazardly as the front door decayed away. Large holes appeared in the walls, revealing the storage room we’d entered the store through. The door was lying on the floor, but there were no monsters lurking in there. I gaped at the transformation, barely able to comprehend what had just happened.

“You…you’re seeing this, right? I’m not going completely loony?” I managed to ask Serena, my voice faint and cracking. “What the HELL is going on here?!”

//

Cella Jones

Secily agreed that she’d be coming with us before abruptly pulling a rather dangerous-looking knife from somewhere and bashing open a locked cupboard with the handle. She managed to smash it open but slashed her hand on a large piece of jagged wood. I nervously scooted away from her as she seemed to be enjoying beating the cupboard a bit too much. Not only that, but how long had she had that knife, and where had she gotten it from? I was beginning to think that the stain on her pants wasn’t just an accident.

After finding some alcohol and bandages in the cupboard, Secily wrapped her injured hand and gave the rest of the items to Isaac, muttering how they might come in useful. She was so awkward when talking that it made me wonder what her past had been like. It was like she really didn’t know how to act around other people. Once she’d given Isaac the medical items, she put her hands in her pocket and sat down, clearly waiting for everyone to be ready. I watched her for a few minutes before it got uncomfortable just staring at her, so instead I turned to watch the door.

A few minutes later Isaac returned, pushing the wheelbarrow before him. He helped James into it before opening the street guide book again. He stared at it for a moment, like he was reading something, then said, "Geez, whoever built these cells did a great job. By the look of it, nothing can get in or out without the key." He looked up at us, but his gaze lingered on me a bit longer than the others. I understood what he was saying. Leave Secily in a cell where no monsters can get her, and she can’t get US. I nodded, as if acknowledging an interesting bit of trivia, as Isaac adjusted his items, then opened the door to the cabin and came back to grab the handles of the wheelbarrow. "Lets go before something else shows up," he said as he started walking, pushing the wheelbarrow in front of him. “Cella, I need you to be ready to shoot anything that comes by. If you don't want to, then give the gun to James. You can shoot can't you James?"

"Seems easy enough,” James replied, and I headed out of the cabin after them as I pulled the clips out of my pocket. I handed James the clips first, then cautiously offered the butt of the gun to him.

“I’ve never even held a gun. I don’t think I’d honestly be much use with it.”

I’d barely finished speaking when what sounded like sirens started to blare out. I drew to a halt, the sound making me extremely uneasy as it continued. Then I noticed something much more disturbing that the abrupt sirens; blackness was starting to cover the entire town. As far as I could see, the gray, foggy skies were being replaced with complete darkness. On top of that, the town itself started going to hell. The ground was cracking and breaking up, bits of it just vanishing. The caretaker’s cabin, when I looked back at it, quickly rotten to just rusted steel supports and bits of wood. In the near distance, I could visible see parts of the school sagging and sinking as the building was rapidly worn down by invisible forces.

It took less than a minute for everything to settle into this new unnerving state, but by the time it was over I found I could barely breathe. Panic was crushing my chest, my heart pounding against my breastbone so hard I thought it would burst through. The world spun crazily as a sudden bout of vertigo gripped me, causing me to stumble and fall to my knees. I squeezed my eyes closed and struggled to catch my breath, fighting with everything I had to stave off the fear and dizziness. Somehow I managed to calm myself enough to be able to breathe a bit better, and the vertigo ebbed away as I wrestled my panic under control. I took a few more minutes to collect my wits before shakily getting to my feet, crossing my arms over my stomach and looking around.

“What…what just happened…?”

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 12-31-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:07 AM
Akinai Offline

Serena Dawson

“I think I did but I don’t remember for certain, to be completely honest,” Krystal replied back. Judging from the way she looked ready to bolt at a moment's notice, it was likely she was more interested in running away rather than than trying to trap it instead.

Irritated, I immediately turned towards where I had found the store entrance while salvaging. While it could have been worse- the woman could have ran back to the door to check if it had indeed been shut-the only safe option left was to retreat once more. Before I could continue further, there was a final loud crash followed by the sound of a door being broken down; the creature had finally forced its way inside.

In the end it didn't matter, because immediately after the world itself began to change.

At first nothing seemed different. A loud siren in the distance began to go off, echoing across the town while leaving a somewhat ominous feeling behind as the noise died down. As the sound faded, the sunlight dimmed away as well, darkening the area. To accompany the darkness, the store seemed to age rapidly as everything began to either rust away or become destroyed beyond use. A few of the overhead lights even fell down, the cables used to support them becoming frayed. As the transformation finally completed, there was a dead silence that hung in the air- the monster had disappeared.

“You…you’re seeing this, right? I’m not going completely loony?” Krystal said, breaking the silence as we both registered what had just happened before our eyes. “What the HELL is going on here?!”

“I think 'hell' would indeed be the proper word for it,” I remarked, trying to sound unfazed. In reality, I was starting to grow curious. Was this a normal event for the town? If so, I should have been able to remember something so strange, even though I had hardly been a few years old the last time I saw Silent Hill. Still, there was a feeling in the back of my mind that I should know just what was going on. “I think it's safe to say that we shouldn't stay here, though. This place looks like it's ready to fall apart any minute.” I took a side glance over at the snack foods, but noticed with disgust that they too had fallen victim to whatever transformation had happened to this world; they now appeared rotten, and some bags were opened revealing long-expired goods.

Whatever had managed to change the area though had managed to somehow leave our items unfazed. Opening my tote revealed that everything still appeared to be in the same condition they had been before storing away. While running a quick inventory, my hand brushed a folded sheaf of paper- the map I had used to get here in the first place. “Completely forgot I had this thing,” I remarked, pulling the map out to take a closer look. On the opposite side, there was a rough outline of the town with important buildings labeled. While places like a hospital, the police station, and even a school were marked, I was unable to identify any apartments or even a library anywhere... there was a sole church, however.

Realizing that I had probably been staring at the map for a while and still had someone waiting nearby, I offered the paper to Krystal so she could have a quick look as well. “You may be able to find your way out of town if you memorize this, though I can't promise that's exactly accurate. If the rest of this place is run-down as well, some areas may be blocked. I'll need that back, so hope your memory is good. That, or you can follow me to check out a place or two and I can personally escort you out of here."

Last edited by Akinai; 12-31-2012 at 03:11 AM.