Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default General Chat

Welcome to the Battling Center's General Chat! Here you can talk about random things that happened in your battle, posting your battles you have uploaded to Youtube, general strategy talk, and even just getting to know your fellow members better! First, we have a few simple rules you must follow.

Rules:
  1. Be kind and respectful to everybody.
  2. Do not double post or spam.
  3. Use of Proper Grammar is encouraged!
  4. Flaming others will not be tolerated.
  5. Have Fun!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: General Chat

Alright everybody, I've unstuck a lot of things and consolidated them into a few threads. Be sure to read over everything!

Also, I'm wiping the slate CLEAN for the Clan Index! :o Means, go out there and create some clans you Vets! Kind of want to see more clans around here and all! Get this place going again! :3

Also, feel free to post suggestions and stuff here! I'd love feed back! :'D

Yeah, I DOUBLE POSTED, it's only alright in this case cause I'm letting you all know things! xD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: General Chat

looks like we have a ton of new changes around here, including an all new battling center. It was nice to see tutoring come back. picking a team of people to tutor is going to be hard but worth it for brand new battlers. I think a link from here to the battling center would be cool.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: General Chat

I definitely agree there. If I were to be a tutor, it would be to the mass of people who just want to learn more about the aspects of competitive battling. Not so much about team building, but more along the lines of IV's EV's and general information to get people going.

The key usually is to get people thinking for themselves. Due to the fact only telling some one something doesn't allow them to fully grasp a concept!

Any thoughts on who you feel would make great tutors?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: General Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
I definitely agree there. If I were to be a tutor, it would be to the mass of people who just want to learn more about the aspects of competitive battling. Not so much about team building, but more along the lines of IV's EV's and general information to get people going.

The key usually is to get people thinking for themselves. Due to the fact only telling some one something doesn't allow them to fully grasp a concept!

Any thoughts on who you feel would make great tutors?
I've been thinking about it for a couple of days, most of the people that i would pick for the job are busy. but there are a couple of very solid battlers left Knuckles, Skippythegreat, and Bluejello are people i thought of right away.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:58 AM
Badal's Avatar
Badal Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 145
Send a message via AIM to Badal
Default Re: General Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
I've been thinking about it for a couple of days, most of the people that i would pick for the job are busy. but there are a couple of very solid battlers left Knuckles, Skippythegreat, and Bluejello are people i thought of right away.
It would be great to have them on board.
@Teo: Yeah, if the users wish to learn that, the tutors can surely cater to there needs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: General Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badal View Post
It would be great to have them on board.
@Teo: Yeah, if the users wish to learn that, the tutors can surely cater to there needs.
well i have one person on board as of right now, im waiting to hear from the others.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Badal's Avatar
Badal Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 145
Send a message via AIM to Badal
Default Re: General Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
well i have one person on board as of right now, im waiting to hear from the others.
If you could get them to post in the thread, that would be wonderful. also aim ;)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: General Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badal View Post
If you could get them to post in the thread, that would be wonderful. also aim ;)
hopefully will have 4 people up by wednesday. im not at home right now, we can talk on aim tomorrow.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Zeraylph's Avatar
Zeraylph Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
Default Re: General Chat

Ahahaha!!

Clefable = Megatroll hax pokemon

Look what Metronome did.


Clefable used Metronome!
Clefable used Aeroblast!
It's super effective!
The foe's Barack Obama lost 59% of its health!
The foe's Barack Obama fainted!


Clefable used Metronome!
Clefable vanished instantly!

Clefable: o:

Start of turn
The foe's Turd-face used Protect!
But it failed!

Clefable used Shadow Force!
Clefable: no wai
The foe's Turd-face lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Turd-face fainted!

Hillary Clinton: ****

Clefable won the battle!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-13-2011, 04:38 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: General Chat

Alright I have a random question... is it true that on BW WiFi you can only scale Pokemon down to level 50? Not up to 50 or 100? I can't see any option for that so I was wondering. If it's true it's pretty stupid. =/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-13-2011, 05:25 AM
Knuckles's Avatar
Knuckles Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Point B
Posts: 5,295
Send a message via AIM to Knuckles Send a message via Yahoo to Knuckles
Default Re: General Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Alright I have a random question... is it true that on BW WiFi you can only scale Pokemon down to level 50? Not up to 50 or 100? I can't see any option for that so I was wondering. If it's true it's pretty stupid. =/
to confirm this, there's only options for flat battle and no restrictions on wifi for B/W. for flat battles EVERYTHING becomes Level 50.. "special pokemon" (i assume mew, deoxys and the like of) are banned, species clause is in effect, and items clause is in effect. the option to have the wonder launcher on or off is available.. downside to this is only 3 pokemon can participate in a flat battle via wifi for single battles. 4 for doubles and 6 for triple and rotation. No restrictions is just as it says.. ergo, both battlers must understand and follow the rules of engagement.

Hope that clears things up for everyone
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Lost Soul's Avatar
Lost Soul Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,353
Default Re: General Chat

never got a chance to say since i found out but congrats on the promotion DSL!

@knuckles flat 50 only allowed 4 pokemon in a rotation battle i had last week
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: General Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
never got a chance to say since i found out but congrats on the promotion DSL!

@knuckles flat 50 only allowed 4 pokemon in a rotation battle i had last week
hey thanks man !
i forget that we have are only general chat. are you going to be joining any of the new tournies ?
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Lost Soul's Avatar
Lost Soul Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,353
Default Re: General Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
hey thanks man !
i forget that we have are only general chat. are you going to be joining any of the new tournies ?
not this time around, i was still getting used to the new layout and never noticed where the tourney's were posted, i'm just used to them being in here i don't really do PO, so i'll pass on that one for now
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com