Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Chimchars Soulmate Offline

Send a message via MSN to Chimchars Soulmate
Default Re: Journey from the Valley [RP]

Sy stayed behind Gladwing watching several of the pokemon scold Lifewing. He then watched the Absol step in to say her piece.

"You are very rash, and that is dangerous. You jump into action without thinking, heedless of what that might do to others. If we had been hostile, you would have just put your companion in danger. Mighty as a warrior is, our numbers are more numerous than yours, and exhaustion can take a toll. You must learn to calm yourself."

Sy listened intently he knew that this Absol must be very wise. He then noticed that she was now eying him.

"Come, child. Let me check to see if you have any wounds. If you need to, ride on my back. You look exhausted and there is much travelling to do."

The Riolu hesitantly got to his feet then followed the Absol gripping his still sore shoulder, and being tackled by an insane Pidgeotto certainly can't of helped it get any better.

Sy glanced at the other pokemon in the group. Now that he had a better look he can tell what kind of pokemon they were. He could see a Mightytena, another Scyther who didn't look too happy. a couple of Furret, A couple of Pikachu, one of them looking angry. An upset looking Charmeleon and a strangely coloured Gallade.

Sy was quite intrigued by this Gallade's strange colour. weren't they normally green? Or Blue in the rare case of a shiny pokemon. Sy decided against asking Colbalt about it. He didn't want to come off as rude or nosy, realizing that he was staring Sy quickly tore his eyes away from the Gallade and concentrated on following Broken Star.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:56 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

OOC: Happy New Year, everyone! XD Sorry for the lateness. Holidays are crazy. ^^'

IC:

Chip, Poppy and Torin
Furret twins and shiny Pikachu
the group in the swamp

With everything happening all at once, it was difficult to figure out exactly what was going on. Before anyone else could give their say as to whether the group should move on, Snowsong said something rash. When the others began to criticize her, the Glaceon walked away from the massive tree’s clearing. While Isla chased after her, a Gallade colored unusually dark appeared. He looked as if he recognized Nightfang, introducing himself as Cobalt and asking if he could join the group. It was then that Gladewing returned, greeting everyone in his old-fashioned way and introducing a newcomer. A young Riolu stayed close to the Scyther, waving shyly. If all this had not been enough, things became even more confusing. Poppy, who was just about to welcome the Riolu, had to stop short as a Pidgeotto suddenly came barreling into the clearing where he collided with the young Pokemon and demanded hospitality. This was followed by a Sceptile tackling the bird into submission, apologizing for the intrusion, and making the Pidgeotto apologize as well. But, not before being thoroughly chastised by Brokenstar and a rather irritated Yuri.

Chip reached a paw up to scratch his ear. “Well, that was a lot of excitement all at once.” He glanced around at everyone who was upset and gave a crooked grin. “I’m gonna agree with Aggranium. What we need is calm. Obviously, no one here is intending to hurt anyone else. Just a little bit of misunderstanding in all the commotion.”

Looking up at her brother, Poppy gave a nervous giggle at the comment. “Um, hehe...that’s a lot of commotion,” she said. “I think I’ll go check on Isla and Snowsong. ...I feel like there might be someone else.

Chip watched her trot off in the direction the two Eeveons had gone. She had said the last bit about someone else under breath so that he barely caught it.

“I’ve got a feeling that calm is going to be a long time coming for us,” Torin added as the smaller Furret left.

With a sigh, he walked towards the newcomers, passing a critical eye over their injuries. He began ticking things off in his head; a bad sting with some wear and tear on the young Riolu, and the Gallade looked to have a bang to the head. Both Pokemon would be easy enough to take care of with the right supplies. The Sceptile had so many scars it was difficult to tell if he had any new injuries outside of a burn and the Pidgeotto also had a bad burn across his back. Again the shiny Pikachu sighed. More burns.

“And of course, still little to use,” he said aloud. Torin turned to look up at Lifewing with a slightly disapproving, if not exasperated, expression. “Just for future reference, you do not have to 'demand' a healer’s hospitality. It’s what we do.” He shook his head. “I’ll take care of everyone as soon as I can find enough supplies.” His dark cheeks sparked in the mist again, causing him to growl in irritation as he stalked past Chip. “And the sooner we get out of this fog the better!”

“You’ll have to excuse Torin,” the Furret explained, sticking up for his friend’s sour mood. “He’s a little upset ‘cause he can’t do his job around here. There’s little to use and anything that might have been useful has gotten mucked up in this environment. He’s right though.” He turned to Nightfang. “We should probably get moving if we’re going to reach the edge of the fog before nightfall. All this mist is dampening more than our moods.”

The swirling haze was becoming tiresome to look through, even for his Keen Eye. In fact, he could barely see Poppy where she went to check on Isla and Snowsong. Noises were muffled and it was nearly impossible to distinguish any single smell from the damp, decaying odor all around them. Even if they did not reach the end of the swamp, things would be far less worrisome if they could just get free of the fog.

Poppy meanwhile had caught up to Isla and Snowsong, noticing there was a Flareon with them now as well. She was a little surprised by this, but it looked like the new Pokemon at least knew one of the other Eeveons. Poppy did not know if the two had settled their dispute or if she could say anything to help solve it. But, she had to try to at least get them to come back.

“Hey,” she called out. The young Furret began a little unsure what to say. “Um...are you two coming back? I think we’re gonna be going soon. You’ve missed all kinds of commotion. And I see you found someone else. I’m Poppy,” she said with a small smile before looking back at the others. “I, uh...know there was a little trouble before, but we should really stick together.” She hoped that they would come back, even though she did not think that was enough to say.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Gladewing (Scyther)
Currently: With Group

Gladewing relaxed as Hope calmly explained their circumstances and moved through apologies. He sensed that these Pokemon were honestly good folks--despite the bird's rudeness--and he knew that matters would be settled between everybody. It was interesting to Gladewing, though, that Hope and Lifewing were also from the Valley. The Scyther wondered how many more there were, wandering lost in the wild-lands.

He smiled as Brokenstar offered to help Sy; he was glad to see that the little Riolu was being accept into the group. He hoped Sy realized that he was no longer alone--he had friends now. A new pack; a new life. And Gladewing would do all he could to help these Pokemon secure that life.

The chattering of armor behind Gladewing reminded him of the older and highly... irregular Scyther that was hiding behind him. The younger bug-type shuffled his feet slightly, hardly knowing what to do about the old warrior cowering behind him. He had already been estranged from his own kind, but he felt especially uncomfortable around this Scyther, who acted nothing like how a grown-up Scyther should act. Slowly, Gladewing stepped away from Bladestrike and moved closer to Nightfang.

After waiting for Nightfang's response to Hope, Gladewing cleared his throat, "As I was venturing forth to say earlier... I was unable to secure us prey last night, but I did manage to find a bushel of these berries." He indicated the armful of fruit he carried. "They are mere Qualot berries, I'm afraid... They don't have medical use, but they should sustain us for a little longer."

Embyr continues to watch everyone morosely from her position, her eyes looking their way but not really seeing...

Snowsong (Glaceon)
Currently: Being a jerk

Snowsong wasn't at all touched by this apparent reunion. She watched dryly with a cocked brow as they exchanged a few words. When Flare spoke to her, she snorted in disgust. The air around her glittered again with diamond dust as her powers lowered the temperature around her.

"Yes, there's a problem," she growled as she forged two Ice Shards from the moisture in the air. Plunging them into the earth, she finished, "There's too many Pokemon in the world..."

Turning on the two abruptly, Snowsong headed out with the intent to continue to the swamp. Before she got far, however, Poppy appeared. Snowsong listened with irritation as the Furret stumbled out some words.

“I, uh...know there was a little trouble before," she finished, "but we should really stick together.”

Snowsong flicked her tail. "Whatever," she mumbled before turning around, heading back to the main group.

Last edited by Charmander009; 01-02-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:10 AM
Sheepat Offline

Hope for Dawn/Lifewing

“You are very rash, and that is dangerous. You jump into action without thinking, heedless of what might do to others. If we had been hostile, you would have just put your companion in danger. Mighty as a warrior is, our numbers are more numerous than yours, and exhaustion can take a toll. You must learn to calm yourself.”

The words stung Lifewing, as he stared defiantly at the old Absol who was rebuking him. He would've stopped paying attention, but something in him forced him to listen. The Riolu the Pidgeotto had knocked over had already gotten up, being tended by the Absol who had just scolded him.

“Just for future reference,” a Pikachu said, “you do not have to 'demand' a healer's hospitality. It's what we do.”

Great, now the little Pikachu was angry at him. The healer said he needed more supplies, stalking off into the fog. Decided not to complain after such sharp words from two of the Valley Pokemon, Lifewing plopped himself down, a bit away from the rest of the group.

Hope, however, decided to wait for the Mightyena's response closer to the group, and listened in on the Scyther who had been traveling with the Riolu.

“As I was venturing forth to say earlier... I was unable to secure us prey last night, but I did manage to find a bushel of these berries. They are mere Qualot berries, I'm afraid... they don't have medical use, but they should sustain us for a little longer,” the Scyther said.

“I have a few berries as well,” Hope replied to the group, revealing a Sitrus berry and two Oran berries. He rolled them across to the Scyther, “And I can help search for more food. Lifewing,” Hope looked directly at his blustering companion, “Can as well once his burn's been healed. Then we'll also have an eye in the sky. If he doesn't get lost up there, of course.”

“Get lost in my territory of the sky?” Lifewing said, a bit bitterly, “That would be like getting lost in a field, where you can see much.” the Pidgeotto turned away from Hope, nursing his wounded pride.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:15 AM
my-little-starr Offline

Isla, Flash, and Yuri (Leafeon, Flareon, and Pikachu)

Isla fought back a shiver as the temperature dropped slightly - no doubt it was Snowsong's doing - and she narrowed her eyes at the ice type.

"Yes, there's a problem," Snowsong growled as two Ice Shards formed and then she plunged them into the earth. "There's too many Pokemon in the world..."

As the Glaceon began to stalk away, the lone form of Poppy came trotting up to the three Eevee Evolutions. Poppy seemed somewhat uncomfortable as she glanced at them and tried to say what was on her mind.

"I, uh... know there was a little trouble before, but we should really stick together," she finally said.

Snowsong snorted. "Whatever."

Flash growled as the Glaceon walked away. He had never had problems with ice types before, but this Glaceon was really irritating.

Isla flicked her tail. "Ignore Snowsong, Poppy, she's got an attitude problem the size of a Snorlax."

Flash snorted out a laugh. "Nice o- ouch!"

Isla had slapped her tail on the cut on his leg in an attempt to shut up the Flareon before he could annoy her. It seemed to backfire, however, as the Flareon simply began to whine about how his leg hurt even more now, and how much of a meanie Isla was. With a roll of her eyes, the Leafeon was kind enough to let the Flareon lean against her as he limped with her back toward the main group. Deciding it best she tell him a little about everyone ahead of time, she quickly described about the group 'leader', Nightfang. The next one she explained about was Bladestrike, and she told Flash that if she ever caught him being mean to the Scyther, she'd give him a real injury to whine about. Next to she mentioned Yuri and Torin, the two Pikachu healers, before telling Flash about Poppy's brother, Chip.

"Whose the birdbrain?" he asked loudly as they walked up. "You never said there was a Pidgeotto in the group, Isla. Or a Sceptile."

"That's because I don't know them, idiot," she snapped, shoving him away. He stumbled slightly, carefully regaining his balance so he wouldn't fall over. "And what did I say about calling anyone in the group names?"

He snorted and looked around. He spotted yet another Pokemon Isla hadn't mentioned, a large half-breed Pokemon who looked to be a mix of a Meganium and a Aggron. He soon caught sight of one of the Healer Pikachu talking with the half-breed and began to hobble over, hoping the Pikachu - was that Torin or Yuri? - would be able to help.

"Calm down. I'm sure everythin' will be worked out, nice and easy." Aggranium grinned. "Ol' Grani here will make sure of that, yessir. No need for violence!" He clapped his claws together. "Cheer up...All of this anger isn't good for your health, and you're one of our healers. You gettin' sick would be bad, and I would really worry, I reckon. Everyone would." He opened his arms wide. "Want a hug?"

"No, thanks, Aggranium," Yuri muttered, still in a foul mood.

Her ears twitched as she heard Torin speaking of how everyone would have to be taken care of when they found enough supplies to do so and felt her own cheeks spark.

"And the sooner we get out of this fog the better!”

Shaking her head as he stalked off, Yuri have an irritated growl as well. Great, more injured had arrived in the form of Sy, Hope and Lifewing, and Torin was beginning to throw a fit.

"Um..."

Yuri turned to look at the Flareon hobbling over and felt her cheeks spark even more. "Oh great!" she growled. "Just fantastic!"

The Flareon blinked in surprise and Isla walked over next to him.

"Yuri, this is Flash, a..." Isla paused. "An acquaintance of mine from the Valley. Do you think you could patch up his leg?"

"Do I think I could?" she growled, and began mumbling to herself. "Sure! Do I have anything I could put on it to keep it from getting infected? Absolutely! I'll just go pull some berries out of the muck! Do I have anything to bind the wound with? Yeah, useless pieces of grass covered in swamp mud, which would only led to an infection as there is hardly any clean water!"

By the end of her tirade, her cheeks were sparking so furiously that Isla had to jump back when a spark hit the ground in front of her foot. The Leafeon was surprised that Yuri - calm, patient Yuri - was beginning to snap. She had never seen the Pikachu in this foul a mood, and it probably didn't help that many of the group were also in bad moods themselves.

Well, except for Aggranium.

Flash seemed surprised. Isla had said both Pikachu were rather kind, but having heard Torin's mutterings, and now seeing Yuri's breakdown, he wasn't so sure he needed a Healer anymore.

"Well, never mind them," he said, turning to hobble away. "Man, with her as a Healer, who needs enemies?"

Yuri let out a frustrated shout and stopped her tiny foot down in the swamp muck. Did these Pokemon not understand that they had extremely limited supplies? Plus, there was no way she would use anything in the swamp, she didn't trust that it wouldn't just make things worse by causing an infection. With her cheeks still sparking, she turned an stalked a good distance away from the group.

OOC: Mood swings much? Haha. Wow, newcomers are gonna be like 'What in the world are we getting into with this group?' xD

Last edited by my-little-starr; 01-03-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 AM

Sy shuddered slightly at Torin's apparent foul mood. Bad moods made Sy uncomfortable, also he felt guilty because he felt that everyone was getting huffy because they now had new people joining their group.

Sy watched Gladwing approach Nightfang.

"As I was venturing forth to say earlier... I was unable to secure us prey last night, but I did manage to find a bushel of these berries." He indicated the armful of fruit he carried. "They are mere Qualot berries, I'm afraid... They don't have medical use, but they should sustain us for a little longer."

Sy then watched Hope give Gladwing some more berries. At least no one will go with empty stomachs now. Sy then saw a Flareon approach the group which seemed to upset the other Pikachu.

"Oh great!" she growled. "Just fantastic!"

"Yuri, this is Flash, a..." Isla paused. "An acquaintance of mine from the Valley. Do you think you could patch up his leg?"

"Do I think I could?" Yuri growled, and began mumbling to herself. "Sure! Do I have anything I could put on it to keep it from getting infected? Absolutely! I'll just go pull some berries out of the muck! Do I have anything to bind the wound with? Yeah, useless pieces of grass covered in swamp mud, which would only led to an infection as there is hardly any clean water!"

Sy then jumped and backed away a few feet when Yuri shouted. He started to wonder if this was such a good idea. Everyone seemed to be in such a foul mood. Though it was understandable.

Then he remembered that Isla said that she and Flash were from the Valley. This surprised him slightly. He didn't think anyone but him got out alive. He certainly hadn't seen anyone from the Valley until now.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Nightfang watched out of the corner of her eye as the gallade took a stance beside her. She braced herself, ready for a fight if it came to it. She may not be able to use most of her attacks well due to her injuries, but there were still a few she was sure she could manage...

However, before anyone made a move to attack, the sceptile explained that he and the pidgeotto were Valley pokemon. At this, Nightfang relaxed. Although she was still a bit suspicious, the injuries the pokemon sustained made their story seem far more likely. And the sceptile was old; certainly he couldn't be a pokemon belonging to the army. She let the fur lie flat on her back and tried to compose herself as the pokemon apologized.

“So," the sceptile said, "what we were going to ask, may we join your group? I’ll make sure Lifewing doesn’t attack you again. You have that as a promise.”

Nightfang looked the two over for a moment longer before nodding. "Yes," she replied. "As long as there are no more attempts to attack..." She shot the pidgeotto a stern glare. "...You may travel with us. Most of us were from the Valley as well, after all."

She paid little attention as Lifewing conversed with Torin, lost in her own thoughts. They had found more Valley pokemon than she had expected, but at the same time, it was a very small number. She wasn't sure how many total had made it out alive. She began to feel increasingly worried, wondering how many were out there and how far the survivors would have to go before they found a suitable resting place.

Chip's voice broke through her thoughts. “We should probably get moving," he told her, "if we’re going to reach the edge of the fog before nightfall. All this mist is dampening more than our moods.”

"You're right," she replied, looking over the group once again and raising her voice so they could all hear. "We've probably stayed too long already. Get ready to leave."

Bladestrike did not notice Gladewing's awkward response to him, still crouching down behind the other scyther he assumed must have been from his clan, or pack, or whatever it had been, in the valley. It did not occur to him that he could be an outsider. He watched as the younger scyther began talking about the berries he'd found, and that Nightfang paused to tell them they should eat on the way. Bladestrike looked at the berries and made a face of disgust. As hungry as he was, he hated the thought of having to eat something that came from a plant.

As he turned away, he noticed the form of a charmeleon nearby. He hadn't noticed this pokemon before, or at least he thought he hadn't, and slowly moved a bit closer, though not straying too far from the other scyther he was pretty sure was meant to protect him as a member of the same species. "Why are they leaving already?" he asked her, thinking, for some odd reason, that the charmeleon would know.

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Chip, Poppy, and Torin
Furret twins and shiny Pikachu

Poppy watched Snowsong turn back towards the big tree’s clearing, the Glaceon’s icy attitude going beyond simply her type. It was difficult for Poppy to understand why she seemed so difficult with everyone. There had to be a reason. She looked at the Ice Shards that had been lodged in the soggy ground and gave a shiver. Not from the chill that was left in the air, but from the feeling of bitterness that suddenly washed over her.

“Ignore Snowsong, Poppy,” the Leafeon’s voice made her look up, “she’s got an attitude problem the size of a Snorlax.”

The new Flareon snorted at the comment before he was interrupted. The two Eeveons started back to the rest of the group as Isla described the Pokemon they had been traveling with. Glancing once more at the Ice Shards that were now starting to melt into the already wet ground, Poppy turned back to the clearing as well, trying to decide if there was some way she could talk to Snowsong without making her upset. When she returned to the big tree, it was easy to see that moods were decaying rapidly among everyone. The Furret stopped next to her bigger brother as Gladewing was explaining what he had found to Nightfang.

“So what’s been happening here?” she asked.

Chip shrugged. “Not much. I think things will be a lot better when we're out of this swamp.” He looked down at his sister and tilted his head. “Are you alright? You look worried.”

“I am.” She gave him a small smile. “There’s a lot to worry about, but I’ll be alright.”

He nodded and turned his attention back to the others when the old Sceptile spoke up, adding a few berries to those Gladewing had found.

“And I can help search for more food. Lifewing can as well once his burn's been healed. Then we'll also have an eye in the sky. If he doesn't get lost up there, of course.”

Chip could not help but chuckle at the comment, and Poppy tried to quiet a giggle of her own. The Pidgeotto however did not find the statement at all amusing.

“Get lost in my territory of the sky? That would be like getting lost in a field, where you can see much,” he retorted before turning away.

Stifling another chuckle at the obvious sarcasm in the response, Chip shook his head. “I don’t think he meant that to insult you.”

He was about to say more when Yuri’s low, angry voice caught his attention. Both he and Poppy watched in wonder. They had not yet known the Pikachu to be so upset except when defending Bladestrike or when she had a fever. Poppy quietly asked her brother if he thought that her fever might have come back, but he did not think was the issue. It was that place. Lack of proper rest and food was beginning to fray at everyone’s nerves. Yuri’s frustration climaxed with a shout as she moved away from the others. Speaking up to everyone, Nightfang said they should get moving, which Chip was happy to hear. Torin, however, was not really paying attention and had been studying the Flareon since he joined the group. The shiny Pikachu did not seem to be in any better spirits, and small sparks still crossed his cheeks from the moisture built up, but he appeared to be considering something as he walked up to Flash.

“A fire type...” He shot a quick glance at Embyr before looking back at the Pokemon in front of him. “Maybe you could help before we get moving. Can you hold your fire in all this moisture? More specifically, can you use an Ember attack to strengthen the flame on her tail?” he said, pointing to the weak, melancholy Charmeleon. “If anything at all can be accomplished in this murky place that might be it.”

Poppy looked at the young Riolu who had jumped at Yuri’s burst. “You can stick with us if you want to. This isn’t a great place to get separated. I don’t think I heard your name though. I’m Poppy and this is my brother Chip.” The Furret next to her smiled as they both started toward the edge of the big tree’s clearing.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:31 PM

Sy looked down at his feet and sighed sadly. He still missed his parents and older brother. He just couldn't believe he'll never see them again. the Riolu fought back the tears that threatened to re-emerge. He took a few deep breaths to calm himself down then looked up at the murky sky, as if the solution to everyone's problems was up in the clouds. He sighed again.

I wish you were here Saf. It feels so weird without you.

"We've probably stayed too long already. Get ready to leave."

Sy tore his eyes away from the sky after Nightfang announced they would be leaving soon so Sy started towards the group. He smoothed out the tuft of hair on his head, trying to make himself look as presentable as possible like his mother always told him to do. although not easy when in poor conditions such as this. He gave up after his sixth try and had a look around. Sy noticed Bladestrike complaining to the Charmeleon about leaving. The young Riolu couldn't really blame him as he was nervous too. He also noticed Torin talk to the new Flareon about something but couldn't quite catch what he was saying through all the chatter. Sy then noticed the Furret twins glance at him.

“You can stick with us if you want to. This isn’t a great place to get separated. I don’t think I heard your name though. I’m Poppy and this is my brother Chip.”

Sy shuffled his feet shyly and spoke in his quiet voice.

"Th...thank you, I'm Symon....b..but you can....call me Sy....if you want."
Old 01-06-2013, 06:18 PM
my-little-starr Offline

(OOC: Thought I'd get in a quick post. I was going to wait until a couple more people posted, but I didn't think a short post would hurt anything, especially seeing as I won't be able to check again until Tuesday. Some people are coming to check out our internet. >.<)

Isla, Flash, and Yuri (Leafeon, Flareon, and Pikachu)

Yuri grumbled quietly to herself, arms crossed angrily, and glaring out across the swamp. She could still hear the chatter of the group behind and could say that she was very relieved to hear Nightfang say that the group she be moving on. It sounded like a good idea to her, she couldn't wait to get out of this swamp, where she would better be able to find things she and Torin would need - but something told her that would not be easy.

While Yuri was sulking off by herself, Isla decided to leave Flash on his own and walk over to introduce herself to the new additions, starting with the young Riolu who was talking to Poppy and Chip. She padded over slowly, making sure to stay in sight so he knew that she was coming. She didn't want to spook him by sneaking up on him - she'd made that mistake before, long before she'd joined with the group, and it had nearly gotten her attacked.

"Hello," she greeted as she finally stopped in front of them. "Welcome to the group, little one. My name is Isla."

Flash, meanwhile, was distracted when a Pikachu walked up to him. He knew it wasn't Yuri, but he was struggling to remember all the names of the Pokémon Isla had mentioned, as she had spoken pretty fast when mentioning everyone's names and as much as she knew about them. The male Pikachu was a healer like Yuri - Arceus, what was his name? Tyler? Thomas? No, Torin. That was it.

“A fire type...” The Pikachu shot a quick glance at Embyr before looking back at the Pokemon in front of him. “Maybe you could help before we get moving. Can you hold your fire in all this moisture? More specifically, can you use an Ember attack to strengthen the flame on her tail?” Torin said, pointing to the weak, melancholy Charmeleon. “If anything at all can be accomplished in this murky place that might be it.”

Flash glanced over at the Charmeleon, noticing the flame on her tail was rather small. Flash thought for a minute, he didn't know if he could help as he hadn't really tried to use his fire-type moves since reaching the swamp. He'd been too focused on traveling, and then he'd recognized Isla's scent and focused on finding her and the group.

"I'm not sure how much help it would be," Flash said finally, looking back to Torin. "I haven't tried using my fire moves since I entered the swamp as I had no reason to use them, but I can certainly try."

Last edited by my-little-starr; 01-07-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

(Still nothing for Re'zula. Trust me guys, I don't want them running into the group like everyone else in the swamp. I'm sure I'll think of some way to get them rolling. Re'zula is probably still complaining and well, no one likes to hear that, eh?)

Aggranium and Brokenstar
Currently: Swamplogged
Whole Lotta Talkin', Not a Lot of Walkin'

"No, thanks, Aggranium," the healer grumbled, turning away.

Aggranium frowned a little. Hrm, this will be a bit harder than I thought. But if I don't stay happy 'n goofy, no one else will. I can't let everyone else get sad, I reckon. There's too much of that from my experience. "Well okay then, but the offer will always be open!" Glancing around, he spied the figure of the Ice Type Eeveelution slinking back into the group, perhaps hoping to be unnoticed. Deciding that Yuri seeing her probably wasn't a good idea due to her still being aggravated, he quickly waddled his way over there - his heavy weight forcing him to do so in the muck - while keeping a big grin on his face.

And of course, the way he arranged his body was to prevent the angry Pikachu from seeing her, although with his bulk it wasn't a difficult task. "Snowsong, feelin' better with that little romp?" He kept his voice down within a normal range, not shouting in his jovial manner as usual. "You know, it's a bit ironic. You're an Ice Type but you seem to be a lil' bit of a hot head, huh?" He snickered. "Don't take it personally, I'm jus' jokin'. You seem like you could use some cheerin' up, 'n I specialize in that sort of thing. I dun think you are a bad Pokemon, I jus' think you are stressed. Why not talk about it? We could stick close to the group but far enough away not to be heard...we're goin' to be movin' soon after all." He was just trying to be helpful, but with any luck, perhaps, she would tell him. He wasn't necessarily an Outsider, but he wasn't exactly Valley either. He hovered in between the lines, welcome only on the fringes of that once peaceful place, and he dared not travel far beyond it despite all the pain it brought him.

Brokenstar, in the meantime, looked over Sy's wound, which thankfully did not seem as deep as she thought before. "While a berry would greatly help, I believe it will heal on its own given enough time. I am not a healer, child, but you appear to have gotten off quite lucky with your wounds. You are young and will heal quickly." He jumped at Yuri's snapping, and while incredibly nervous, thanked Poppy and Chip's hospitality when they greeted him. She had not spoken her name to him, but decided that it was to be a game as he was so obviously lost.

"Symon is a wonderful name, and one that is not too common. Cherish it always, for it should never be the mark of shame," she mused softly, before thinking. "As for my name, perhaps it shall be a little game. Tell me, Symon, what is the most notable feature an Absol has? The first portion of my name is based on what condition it is in. As for the second part of my name...What is always above us, even when we can no longer see them in the glare of the sun?" She tilted her head, knowing that the longer she could keep him preoccupied the better. "Combine those two together, and you shall have my name."

She heard the announcement they were leaving soon. "And my offer for you to get a ride is still open, child." Her wound was throbbing from its inability to heal in the environment, but she knew that trying to rest now was hopeless. Helping others, she was sure, would take her mind off its incessant aching and her own weary bones.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM

Sy was relieved that his wound wasn't too serious. Although it still hurt, but he knew better than to complain especially when someone was trying to help.

"Symon is a wonderful name, and one that is not too common. Cherish it always, for it should never be the mark of shame," she mused softly,

Sy looked down and nodded.

"O...okay."

Sy did always prefer his shorter name, but it didn't mean he was ashamed of his full name or even mean he hated it his brother always called him Sy so he had just gotten used to it and found himself preferring that name. He wasn't gonna argue if someone called him by his full name. He listened as Brokenstar continued.

"As for my name, perhaps it shall be a little game. Tell me, Symon, what is the most notable feature an Absol has? The first portion of my name is based on what condition it is in. As for the second part of my name...What is always above us, even when we can no longer see them in the glare of the sun?" She tilted her head, knowing that the longer she could keep him preoccupied the better. "Combine those two together, and you shall have my name."

Sy actually managed a small smile at this. It was his first smile in goodness knows how long however small. The Riolu xcanned the Absol and saw that her horn was broken.

Okay so I guess broken is the first part.

Sy then looked up at the sky, although invisible right now he knew that there were stars up there. Sy then combined the two words together.

Errm Brokenstars? Wait...maybe if I take the s off the end? Brokenstar? Yeah that sounds better.

"Err....Brokenstar...right?" he asked shyly, hoping he got it right. Although he has been told by his brother that he was quite good at guessing games. Sy wasn't sure though. Guessing games just take a little thinking power. He was sure that anyone could do it. Sy then noticed A pink Leafeon head towards him. Sy quite liked her her colour but didn't say anything as he was afraid he would offend her.

"Hello," she greeted as she finally stopped in front of them. "Welcome to the group, little one. My name is Isla."

"H..hi" said Sy. "I'm Symon..but call..." Sy stopped himself as he remembered what Brokenstar said. "Well I like Sy best..but call me whatever you want."

"And my offer for you to get a ride is still open, child." he heard Brokenstar say.

"Th...thanks for the offer." said Sy. "But I'll be okay."

Sy could clearly see that Brokenstar was hurting and didn't want to make it worse by riding on her even if he was exhausted. But didn't say anything, not wanting to hurt her pride or something. Sy then glanced at the Charmeleon and shyly went up to her.

"Y...you okay? We're heading off soon, can you stand?" he asked with concern.

One good quality about this young Riolu is that his concern for others when they're sad or hurt can easily override his shyness. He is a very sensitive and considerate Riolu.

OOC: Finally, I managed a long post! I'm so happy! Well long-ish
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Sheepat Offline

OOC: I’m back from my trip xD

Hope and Lifewing

The Pokemon were introducing themselves to the newcomers. Lifewing grumbled as the burn on his back festered and tortured him. Hope had pushed aside his entrance as if it were nothing. He had wanted for his wound to be healed immediately by that Pikachu, but apparently there were no berries that could heal burns. Lifewing was getting resentful of listening to Hope about coming here. He looked at the Riolu, Symon, as a Leafeon named Isla introduced herself, as Symon guessed that old, accursed Absol’s name. So it was Brokenstar, eh?

“We’ve probably stayed too long already. Get ready to leave.”

The Mightyena, the apparent leader of the group, had barked this out suddenly, raising her voice. The Pidgeotto watched as Hope got up, shaking himself quickly to get his old bones ready for travel.

The Hope for Dawn looked at the Mightyena as she announced the call to leave. On one hand it would be hard to travel, but they needed food, and the fog was getting worse. Apparently the two Pikachu were actually quite kind, and seeing them nearly snap was a bad thing. Hope barked a quick order for Lifewing to get up, watching as the Pidgeotto took a moment to sigh, and then awkwardly get onto his feet, hobbling along. Deep down, Hope pitied the bird Pokemon for not being able to fly, to feel the wind on his face. But now was not the time for pity.

Hope looked at the Absol, Brokenstar. She was impossibly old, older than the Sceptile himself. And injured, to boot.

Hope limped over to the old Pokemon, his face showing no emotion as he looked at the ugly gash on her left shoulder..

“Are you in need, wise one?” Hope asked her.

Last edited by Sheepat; 01-08-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Gladewing (Scyther)
Currently: Giving out Berries?

“As you wish, ma’am!” Gladewing nodded as Nightfang informed him that they would eat on the go. And thus, like a dutiful Scyther, he stood by and held his arms out, inviting the others to come grab a berry while they prepared to leave. Yet the others weren’t too enthusiastic about it… Bladestrike pulled a face that looked like he would rather eat mud.

Still, Gladewing remained on task, ready to hand out the berries.

Embyr (Charmeleon)
Currently: ...

Bladestrike was the first to converse with Embyr, asking a rather innocent question. The seemingly empty creature just stared at him, however, not making any effort to reply. Others talked about her from a distance, but Embyr could neither hear nor acknowledge them.

The next to try to talk to her was dear Symon. His concern for her was touching, but again the Charmeleon made no reply. She couldn’t; the world around her was just a blur, endless and unfocused. Yet she sensed that it was time to move on, and so she shakily rose to her feet once more.

Snowsong (Glaceon)
Currently: Speaking with Aggranium

Snowsong slunk back into the group just in time to see these interactions with Embyr. The Glaceon sighed wearily, wanting to tell the others that it was no use. The only thing the Charmeleon had uttered was a stumbled form of her name; otherwise, she was a ghost—silent and aloof. Still, Snowsong made no effort to show herself, still broiling inside with irritation. She hovered at the edge of the group in hopes of remaining unnoticed.

Her wishes weren’t granted.

The big buffoon of the group—the mutant hybrid creature—stomped his way over to her. She scowled, knowing that his hulking mass would certainly draw everyone’s attention.

"Snowsong, feelin' better with that little romp?" Aggranium’s voice was noticeably toned down.

The Glaceon just stared at him with a look that read, “What do you want?”

"You know, it's a bit ironic. You're an Ice Type but you seem to be a lil' bit of a hot head, huh?" he joked, but Snowsong was hardly amused. She flicked her ears in annoyance. When she didn’t respond or laugh, he continued: "Don't take it personally, I'm jus' jokin'. You seem like you could use some cheerin' up, 'n I specialize in that sort of thing. I dun think you are a bad Pokemon, I jus' think you are stressed. Why not talk about it? We could stick close to the group but far enough away not to be heard...we're goin' to be movin' soon after all."

If Snowsong wasn’t so irritated, she might have appreciated Aggranium’s concern. But being the way she was, she wasn’t about to divulge anything.

“There’s nothing to talk about,” the Glaceon growled, glaring at the ground.

_____

(That last sentence... say it five times fast, I dare ya xD)

Old 01-11-2013, 02:29 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Aggranium and Brokenstar
Currently: Interacting Yo
Still Talking, Still No Walking.

Sy stopped for a moment, thinking carefully. She could see the concentration as he tried to put the clues together. "Err....Brokenstar...right?" He mused, and was rewarded with a nod to confirm his suspicions. Upon being greeted by Isla, he shyly stated his name, although he added that he could be called whatever he wished after recalling what she had said. He also declined her offer for a ride, before going off to talk to the strange Charmeleon. Strange, or perhaps...lost. Not in body, but in soul. The poor dear...What happened to her? She redirected her attention to the old Sceptile with the unusual name as he limped over to her, but his face was but a mask as he looked her over.

“Are you in need, wise one?”

She thought for a few moments, thinking over her response carefully. "We are all in need. A new home, more food, healing...and happiness to blow away the gloom of what has happened. I am in no more need than another, and as much as I appreciate the concern, I would be saddened if my well-being was put before the well-being of a child. This is what happens when you try to talk sense into one who wishes to hear none of it, and instead relies on fear rather than insight." She clearly meant her wound, a treat from the very one who drove them out in the first place. She had the distinct feeling she had been spared on purpose, and next time, it would end differently. "And yet I still believe that there is justice in that stone heart, strong enough to shed the shackles of hatred that have blinded eyes that only see and cannot comprehend."

Brokenstar closed her eyes. "Please, if you have any help you can offer, help the young first. I may be old and wounded, but I can guarantee now is not the time for me to die. Soon, perhaps, but certainly not now."

---------------------

“There’s nothing to talk about,” Snowsong growled while practicing the ancient art of drilling the ground with her eyes.

"Nothin' to talk about, eh?" He couldn't help but rumble softly at this. "Let's be truthful here. I may not be the smartest 'round here, but I can tell yer lyin'. You reacted...so violently to Brokenstar-sama. That makes me think yer hidin' somethin'. Now I'm not askin' you to spill the beans, but I dun want you to react violently to everyone else. We're all in the same swamp, from the same problem. It dun matter how we got here, what matters is that we can all work together to survive." Aggranium stopped talking, thoughtful and somewhat vacant as he recalled a lesson he learned early on in life.

"...Not all Pokemon are the same. Just because someone is raised in a different area, or by a different Pokemon, dun make them dangerous or strange...Sometimes they're just...misunderstood."

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 01-14-2013 at 01:58 AM.