Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Phantom0990 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom0990
Default Re: Bronies and Anti-Bronies

I find MLP, and it's fans incredibly annoying. Just my opinion. I don't attack fans or anything like that. I just find it a stupid kids show that people obsess over. I will say it though. I hate MLP. No real reason, maybe the meme-ness of it and the extent fans I've seen go. I find bronies more annoying that Twilight fans.

Then again I'm on a Pokéforum... then again I only ever talk about Pokémon maybe... never.

[Also, hey I call myself a Whovian, and the term is older than I am by the way, and I'm not a Ten shipper or anything like that. I've actually gotten away from the show lately, but I digress...]
Old 12-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Sheepat Offline

I personally am a 'Brony.' However, I have gotten away from the series a bit. I don't actively pursue being a fan/writing fan-fics/shipping the ponies. In fact, I don't really like the community at all. I don]t cram ponies down my friend's throats (That belongs to Imaginarium Geographica/Dragon Quest). However, I do watch the episodes and talk ponies with my friends. I'll probably go to some pony stuff at Comic-Con, but that's it.

As Typhlosion Explosion said, it's good when it's in moderation, but like DBZ, the fanbase can get out of hand.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Dragotech Offline

Brony... though definitely not an extremist. I don't even haz keychain...
I watch the show, read some of the fanfiction, and, on rare occasions, talk pony with fellow bronies.
and as far as Ponies go... Rainbow Dash is the most awesomest although most people seem to prefer Fluttershy
Old 12-13-2012, 05:28 AM
Sircry Offline

One of my closest friends is a borderline brony.

Really, like has already been said, it's the extremists that make it so bad. They give it a bad name, just like extreme fans of everything else. Went to high school with a large group of them, and just hearing it constantly...have your interests, sure. All the more power to you. But please, if someone isn't interested, leave them be with it. They don't have to agree with or enjoy every single thing that you do.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I watched the first episode just to see what the buzz was about, but when it was done, I just kind of shrugged and didn't really see what was so epic about it. I found Twilight Sparkle's cynicism of the whole lunacy of the situation funny, but that was pretty much it. From where I'm sitting, the show is still meant for a much younger demographic and it still comes across to me as a little weird that some people are crazy about this.

What does bother me is this. And this is just what's on DeviantArt, never mind the remaining 99.99% of the rest of the Internet:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Metro 2033, (Again)
XCOM Enemy Unknown
Diablo III
Max Payne, (Again), (And again)
Assassin's Creed
Duke Nukem
God of War
Resident Evil
Left 4 Dead (Again)
Borderlands, (Again)
Skyrim (Again)
Battlefield 3 (Again), (Again)
Halo, (Again)
Mass Effect
Call of Duty (Again), (Again), (Again)
Fallout (Again), (Again)
Darksiders
The Walking Dead
Uncharted
Dishonored
Killzone

And on and on. And trust me, I didn't even need to dig that deep to get all this. Put in any game or fandom and you'll see this kind of stuff constantly popping up. So yeah, no matter what you search for, chances are good someone has already plastered it with My Little Pony, and if you're searching for fan art of your favorite game or thing, you'd better be ready to see plenty of this kind of thing floating around whether you like it or not.

And that's the problem. A great many Bronies don't seem to think from the perspective of the people who have gotten tired of seeing this stuff everywhere and think the more they force it down on the rest of us, the more likely we'll just give up and hop on the bandwagon for better or for worse. Sorry, but things don't work like that. If you've never liked the way someone was forcing their religion upon you, then you'll know exactly what this feels like.

If you like it and love to watch it for whatever reason, that's fine, to each his own. No one has the right to decide for you what you're supposed to like and dislike. But stop trying to inject it into places where it just doesn't belong and upon people who obviously aren't part of the target audience.

I'll admit, I did this kind of thing with Pikachu a few times and I got rightfully nailed for it, though I learned my lesson and it's not something I would ever do again. People got annoyed, insulted it, and generally lost their patience with me and looking back, I could totally understand why they felt that way. Don't make the same mistake I did.