Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:58 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Post Scheduling?

This is something I've been thinking about. I have a lot to do here, so I'm thinking of scheduling when I post in certain threads. Like say on Monday I focus on role plays, Tuesday will be for games, fanfctions on Wednesday, Thursday Nuzlocke, Friday mod stuff, and so on. Of course it will be flexible and if I get an idea for a certain thread I'll post it right away instead of on the designated day, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this and if so did it work out? Is it a good idea or should I just drop it?

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 11-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan
Default Re: Post Scheduling?

I don't think I'd be able to because when I see something I usually have to post in it right away. Or I'll forget if I don't.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:10 PM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

for things like roleplays it isn't a good idea

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
Old 11-05-2012, 06:21 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

I had said it would be flexible, and I would absolutely not just focus on just one board a day. I check roleplays multiple times a day, and if I get an idea for one I'm in I most defiantly post it right away. But when I tried to check everything on one day, I feel myself get overwhelmed and end up not posting in anything or in something as simple as the counting games. I'm just thinking that since I have found out I do a lot better on a schedule that maybe if I try scheduling things a little bit in hopes that I wouldn't feel overwhelmed and get posts done that I need to do. Especially with one of the RPs I am currently running, where it is important for me to post in it. I'm not saying only on this day I post in such-in-such board, but with all the things I want to do and have to, I'm thinking that if I have days were I don't feel the need to post in one board or thread and work on something else, like say on such-in-such day I want to work on a fanfiction but have noticed that maybe I should post in the RP board, then on that day I don't feel conflicted and can work on something I want to do. I'm a procrastinator, I will admit, so if I don't schedule things in advance then things just do not get done after they pile up. But as I said before, this is just still an idea and I have yet to develop further than that, just wanting to get opinions on the subject of a flexible posting schedule.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 11-05-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

If you work better to a schedule then there's no reason not to give it a shot. I know personally if I schedule things then I will feel obligated to do so-and-so at a particular time even if I don't feel like it and it turns into more of a job rather than something just for fun.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:22 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Alright, let me propose this. I've been thinking again, and maybe I won't have a schedule on which boards I should look at. Maybe I should schedule myself to have a fanfiction or nuzlocke post by such-in-such day of the week. Those would be the only ones I schedule. Like in this fanfic I'll try to post a new chapter on this day, then in this one on that day, and then post a nuzlocke update and this other day. Some things like RPs and games I can't schedule, but the threads that I update on my own and does not need other people's posts (though they are greatly appreciated) that I could schedule when I'd like to update it. Right now those updates are erratic, and I'd like to update those threads more regularly.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~