Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:19 AM
link843 Offline

Send a message via AIM to link843 Send a message via MSN to link843 Send a message via Skype™ to link843
Angry Looking at past posts...

I was an illiterate little bastard. Just looking at my posts makes me want to punch myself in the face. The atrocious grammar, corny jokes, and non-stop bickering with other members is enough to make me want to make a new account so I don't have to associate myself to the complete moron I was five years ago.

What feelings do you get from looking at your old posts?

Join my vBulletin Pokemon site! It's an evergrowing forum! Click my signature to visit it!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:01 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Looking at past posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by link843 View Post
I was an illiterate little bastard. Just looking at my posts makes me want to punch myself in the face. The atrocious grammar, corny jokes, and non-stop bickering with other members is enough to make me want to make a new account so I don't have to associate myself to the complete moron I was five years ago.

What feelings do you get from looking at your old posts?
I was also illiterate. Of course, I was eight. XD I feel awful looking over my posts. I didn't even make sense. o_o Ugh, I hate to think about it. DX
Old 10-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Unhappy Re: Looking at past posts...

I have frequented the discussion forum ever since I was 16:

Quote:
Okay, Lusankya, I know about all the crap that the Catholic Church has pulled. But, the way you make it sound, are you blaming modern day Catholics for something that happened over 500 years ago? I am afraid to inform you, but I highly doubt that any modern day Catholic lived back then don't you? So why must Catholics feel guilty about something they did not do?

Another thing! Your pointless arguments about how God doesn't exist or he does is in vain. You cannot disprove to prove that he exists. Now, you also say that religions are responsible for many of the backwards times in history and are definitely responsible for the Dark Ages. Hmm, but yet your pointless arguments aren't making any technological advancements are they? Are they curing cancer? Are they helping the economy? Are they doing anything but make you rack up an internet bill? The fact is, that while you blame religions for being backwards you are to blame too. Your argument proves nothing, it does not solve anything, it doesn't DO anything. Your argument is a waste of time that isn't helping humanity at all. As a matter of fact, it just makes us waste our time arguing amongst ourselves for the sake of argument.

The point is, your argument is the same thing you are blaming religions for doing. Your fight, atheists fight against religions in GENERAL, is not helping, it is putting us back to old times. You are making us waste time wondering on whether or not God is real when we could be using our magnificent minds for something else...
I was so naive, stupid, and ignorant. Holy carp. Not even a year later, I am a liberal atheist. Sorry Lus.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Looking at past posts...

Honestly? Fascinating. There's a certain degree of curosity of how a future you would see yourself from the past. I've looked at posts from when I was 14. Pretty funny stuff. I actually spent time doing fan fics, RPing, and the rest! :D

It's something that we should do every now and then, just to take a look at what happened in the past and how we grew from there. A bit of introspection is never a bad thing, after all. It is, ironically, a privilege that we get to enjoy as being part of the internet era. People like our moms and dads don't have the same luxury.

I've actually even looked back at some of my writing just several years ago and how far I've gotten from that as well.