Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

Default PokeDex PRO 3D

Anyone buying this?
I think it's a bit steep sitting at $14.99 especially for someone like myself, all I would really use is the feature of interacting and taking pictures of pokemon, but for 15 bucks?!

Anyone have this title yet? If so, I would like some info is to why this would be worth the money when we have other websites that have full blown pokedex's with more than what the Dex 3D shows.

(Also, for iPhone users, there is also an app that is called Ultimate Pokedex that has everything for pokemon listings up through Black and White, just an FYI)

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 10-18-2012, 06:39 AM
Owen_Guy Offline

Send a message via MSN to Owen_Guy
Default Re: PokeDex PRO 3D

Well, I know that I will be purchasing the pro version. But, getting it is personal opinion, like if looking at 3 dimensional images of all the pokemon floats you boat then hey go for it.

As for people having it, I thought it was going to be made available on Nov. 8 worldwide.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

For some reason I thought it was October 8th. I've got to get new contacts. lol

I was just reading on the actual page on the 3DS and it's not very informative with all you can do with it and was curious if anyone else knew anything about it.

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 10-18-2012, 12:24 PM
thirty-six Offline

If you can transfer pokemon to black 2… or even the 3ds game that'll be released after mystery dungeon then yea… but that'll be a few years… as for on release nah… it was fun to look through for a few hours… but it's gotten stale…
Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

It is pretty expensive, but I'm getting it the day it comes out!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I guess it's more of a fun little add on than anything seriously useful. You can access all the information much more easily online. It just depends if you think it would be fun making photos or looking at the 3D Pokemon, I guess. If you just wanted it as a reference, you're probably better off just using Bulbapedia or buying a guide book.

I reckon they should have given it away for free or at least with purchase of Black or White 2... I guess they know they can make money off Pokemon though =/
Old 10-19-2012, 05:15 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

I'm getting it just to get it. I know this doesn't make much sense with the BLOATED price for what you get and all, but I think 3D Pokémon are cool. Definitely not worth the money for what you get, but I have nothing else to spend my credits on after the Radar.

What I don't get is why TPCi took down Pokedroid, but can't make a quality replacement, and iCrap gets to keep it's free Pokedex app without TPCi getting mad. They probably don't care about inferior operating systems, even though the app might be good and is a much higher threat than Pokedroid was.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

Once again guys, Thanks for the inputs! It amazes me how friendly people are on this forum, I've been on other ones and most things that get posted just get blasted with insults or mods just going crazy.

I have thought about it off and on whether to get it or not, If you can for sure take photos, I'll end up being Pokemon's slave again and buying it mainly just for that. As for actual reference, Like I noted before, I have a full blown Dex on my iPhone that has everything from Gen 1 to 5 PKMN (including Sprites for each pokemon for every game that it was on, including shiny, IV calculators, EV calculators, dynamic search for types and attacks (and who can learn them) just literally EVERYTHING, you can't beat it, it would even give bulbapedia a run for it's money.

but anywho, Yeah, I may end up getting it.

Also, has there been any talk of being able to trans PKMN from the Dex to BW2?
I loved the fact that you could get PKMN from the radar, i.e. all Legendary Genies in their alt forms which is just sweet!

Spiritomb ^_^