Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Cypher Offline

Default Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

Hello well im expecting Mystery dungeon explorers of the sky coming in the post tomorrow and i was a huge fan of the first 2 games blue and red rescue team, i got all legendarys and pokemon on it with some nice lvl 100's i thought the game was great!

Now i heard that SKY is more challenging that the 1st set of games, and the battle with darkrai can be tough so i was wondering who could give me a good Starting set to be? Leader and partner? What is a good team and powerful BUT still make the game a little challenging so it not just a walk in the park :)

Also what are your views of Time darkness and Sky compared to Blue and red rescue team?

Also my leader and partner on Blue rescue team was Charmander and Squirtle would that be a good team for Explorers of Sky?
Old 09-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba
Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

In all honesty, I try to make my partner something that doesn't conflict with the Pokemon I got. Like Pikachu and Turtwig or something. In case either my partner or I gets confused and hit the other. Sky is more challenging than the first two, heck, Darkness and Time are equally as challenging, but Sky has more stuff. Some dungeons have a wind, setting a set amount of steps before you're blown out of the dungeon, making it frustrating in a way. So, a good team is virtually any, as long as you make the most of it.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Obliveon Offline

I agree with Snivy, Sky is a bit more challenging than the other two and you heard right about the battle with Darkrai [I still haven't beat him]. My team happens to be made up of Charmander [leader] and Eevee [partner] and that's probably one of the biggest challenges because normal type moves aren't super effective against really anything and Eevee has the Run Away effect so it darts off when it's hp gets low. All in all I thinks it's a pretty fun game especially with pokemon like Manaphy and Shaymin involved.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I haven't played Sky, but I've played Time and it was really fun. I think the story was just as good as the original. I think a good team is one that takes care of the weaknesses of the other. In Blue I used Bulbasaur and Pikachu, which was a good match since Pikachu could take care of the birds that Bulbasaur couldn't hit very well. In Time I used Turtwig and Piplup and ended up having Shinx and Riolu as my extra partners.

I think any team will do fine, you should just pick your favourites! If you want an extra challenge you can pick a normal-type partner like Obliveon said.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:11 AM
Asch Offline

I've played Blue, Time(I think? I don't remember which one I got lmao but I'm pretty sure it was Time), and Sky itself, and I don't think I've noticed much of a difference in difficulty except that yes, Darkrai can be extremely difficult and frustrating and I remember many times where I was so close yet so far in beating this guy, tbh.

My advice to anyone regarding the Darkrai battle is to just get a Pokemon that knows Blizzard(or any other move that deals damages to Pokemon in an entire room area) and grind the heck out of them. This would make the battle significantly easier in the long run. @_@