Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Not Safe For Adults Offline

Default Recreating interest in stories for URPG

I'm sorry if this isn't supposed to be here, but I've noticed that for the past year or maybe longer, there have been barely any story submissions on the Pe2k side of the URPG. It is kind of saddening to me because I remember it used to be bustling with people who were excited about writing stories, and just about everyone wanted to be a grader. Now, things are almost at a standstill here, and I think it's time to change that before things completely shrivel up.

Unfortunately I can't really think of any revolutionary ways to make people want to write stories again. However I think if older members started posting some stories around here, even just short little things to catch Simple category Pokemon, activity might go up.

So I guess here is my lame call to action: everyone who still cares about URPG here on Pe2k (as I know that Bulbagarden still has some activity), please write a story and post it on this forum. It doesn't have to be big or take up a lot of your time, but I think doing this will help show regular members that the URPG is still here and in need of love.

Also, if any of you have suggestions about how to create interest, please post here. It would be great to hear everyone's suggestions.

Aaaand since it would be weird of me to do this without contributing anything myself, I've decided to start a little personal challenge. I'm going to try to catch every Pokemon, all 600 and whatever of them, via story captures. Yes that's ridiculous, and most likely impossible, but hopefully by watching me and my struggles somebody around here will get the urge to write. If you want to join me, that's even better.

Once again, sorry if this isn't supposed to be here, or if all of this is stupid, etc.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16
Default Re: Recreating interest in stories for URPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Safe For Adults View Post
I'm sorry if this isn't supposed to be here, but I've noticed that for the past year or maybe longer, there have been barely any story submissions on the Pe2k side of the URPG. It is kind of saddening to me because I remember it used to be bustling with people who were excited about writing stories, and just about everyone wanted to be a grader. Now, things are almost at a standstill here, and I think it's time to change that before things completely shrivel up.

Unfortunately I can't really think of any revolutionary ways to make people want to write stories again. However I think if older members started posting some stories around here, even just short little things to catch Simple category Pokemon, activity might go up.

So I guess here is my lame call to action: everyone who still cares about URPG here on Pe2k (as I know that Bulbagarden still has some activity), please write a story and post it on this forum. It doesn't have to be big or take up a lot of your time, but I think doing this will help show regular members that the URPG is still here and in need of love.

Also, if any of you have suggestions about how to create interest, please post here. It would be great to hear everyone's suggestions.

Aaaand since it would be weird of me to do this without contributing anything myself, I've decided to start a little personal challenge. I'm going to try to catch every Pokemon, all 600 and whatever of them, via story captures. Yes that's ridiculous, and most likely impossible, but hopefully by watching me and my struggles somebody around here will get the urge to write. If you want to join me, that's even better.

Once again, sorry if this isn't supposed to be here, or if all of this is stupid, etc.
Story section is more active on our other branch, BMG Click if interested. That is an interesting goal, I am also trying to capture them all, but not just through stories though.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Not Safe For Adults Offline

Yeah I know that BMG is active but I think it would be nice if Pe2k could become active too. I've seen a lot of Pe2k members going over there and I think it is because of how long it takes things to be seen and graded over here. It would be nice if they could feel like they could post here.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:04 AM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

The issue isn't with PE2k's URPG story section, it's with PE2k itself. The website just doesn't have the member base it had back when you remember it. The admin hadn't updated the main website for almost two years before he gave some of the gmods the power to manage it, so we lost all of our potential new users, and meanwhile the old userbase has grown up and moved on with no newbies to take their place.

It is incredibly depressing and sad, but we can't turn back time. This branch tends to be neglected simply because there is no activity here. I personally focus on grading stories in the branch that is posting the most of them. As harsh as it sounds, I don't think posting a few extra stories here is going to make much of a difference. There are not enough users on this website to draw in in the first place.

While URPG is indeed most active on BMG, we are still struggling with activity. I would rather put my focus on the website with the most promise, than spread myself too thin on what is probably a lost cause. It's sad to see what expanding to BMG has done for PE2k's activity, but if Harry hadn't done so, I have a feeling this game would be completely dead.

Overly pessimistic? Maybe. But romanticizing about bringing this place back to life hasn't had much of an effect over the last couple of years. I would rather move forward, but at the same time would love to be proven wrong.

Last edited by EmBreon; 10-23-2012 at 11:41 PM.