Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:06 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Pokemon Merchandise Collector's Corner! - What item do you wish you owned?

Hey all! I just started a new article series on the PE2K site about new Pokemon merchandise. I'd also like to feature some reviews of older merchandise as well as other people's favourite pieces of Pokemon merch, particularly strange or cool merch out there etc.

That's where you come in! I'll put up some questions every so often for you to answer and I will feature some of them in my Collector's Corner series! Feel free to answer any of the questions (current or previous)!

Also if you're interested in reviewing a piece of Pokemon merchandise that you own, please feel free to post your review here or PM it to me and I will feature it on the site! It doesn't have to be long, just include why you like/dislike it, anything particularly interesting about it and whether you would recommend fans should get one.

The current question is...

What Pokemon item do you wish you owned?
I'm sure you've all seen some kind of Pokemon item you'd like to have! Is it a special console? Plush? Figure? Game? Let us know!

Previous Questions
What is your favourite item of Pokemon merchandise and why?

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 09-12-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:29 AM
iApollo Offline

Default Re: Pokemon Merchandise Collector's Corner!

I have one of these classical Pokédexes, I used to love mucking around with it, looking up all the stats and information on my Pokémon figures. (:
Old 08-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Awesome! I have one too. I loved seeing all the animated Pokemon. I remember I got mine for my birthday when I was younger and I was so excited because I felt like I was a real Pokemon trainer! Thanks for sharing! =D
Old 08-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I have one too! Or, had. It's long lost. DX I have NO idea when we got it. I was only like a year old when my brother got it. He was only 3 years old anyways, so I doubt anyone remembers.

Mine would DEFINITELY be my Typhlosion plush! I took it to California with me, and I take it everywhere else I go that's far away!

Old 08-12-2012, 04:20 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Probably my stack of Strategy Guides. :I I've drawn all through them, jotting notes down, putting checks near items on a route that I'd picked up, etc.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 08-12-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:56 AM
WebMaster Offline
BEAST MODE!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to WebMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iApollo View Post

I have one of these classical Pokédexes, I used to love mucking around with it, looking up all the stats and information on my Pokémon figures. (:
*gasp* I used to have one of those things :D. Not a bad collectible if you ask me. I love the authentic shape of that thing.
AIM: WebDragoon1337
Old 08-14-2012, 01:39 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I'm going to have to get ALL my merchandise in a group and take photos of it. :3 I have TONS of plushies. TONS. Like 50+, with three on their way. XD
Old 08-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Expecto Patronum!

@TE - Aww that Typhlosion is so cute :D You should definitely take some pics of your whole collection!

@3m0D0ll - That's pretty impressive! I don't think I could ever draw on my strategy guides xD But it's cool that they're like a record of your adventures. Come to think of it, my beaten-up Yellow guide is much more important to me than any of my unused guides... it has character!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:55 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
@3m0D0ll - That's pretty impressive! I don't think I could ever draw on my strategy guides xD But it's cool that they're like a record of your adventures. Come to think of it, my beaten-up Yellow guide is much more important to me than any of my unused guides... it has character!
It only sucks when I restart a game and am trying to figure out if I should go back in to the Safari Zone. Like, it'll say I've captured all the Pokemon in the Zone, but I go through my Pokedex, like, "Argg, why don't I have Chansey?! D:<" Kind of gets a bit confusing. cx
Old 08-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Obliveon Offline

Um, well I don't have any pictures but I have 4 items that tie for my fave.

1. Some old Pokemon figures that were actually cake toppers at one time. I have two sets of them, so there are 2 Charmander and 2 Pikachu. It makes me remember all the fun I had on my birthdays when I was little.

2. Those keychain figures that had keychains screwed into the backs of their heads and came with a little pokeball they popped out of. So shiny. ^^ [even if I did lose the pokeball]

3. An around 2 foot tall Charmander plushie [seriously it goes up to about my knee]. I love it because it's pretty much life size and so fun to hug.

4. A Pikachu shaped cakepan with all the details. BEST. CAKE. EVER.

Last edited by Obliveon; 08-17-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:23 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

This was once my favorite. I had to find that pic online since mine no longer exists in one piece. -_- It was my favorite because my brother, who started me into Pokemon, got it for me. It sat on my bookshelf for a few years...before it fell. The pokeball broke in two and the dog ate Plusle and Minun. >.< I still have the pokeball halves. Can't bring myself to throw them out.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:13 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Aww that's sad :( What a cute item! It's always more special when something has sentimental value.

My favourite is my old Ivysaur keychain. It was the first Pokemon merchandise I ever got, along with a Pikachu from the same set.

I used to take them to school everyday, and my friends would pass them around and have turns "taking care of them" during lessons. xD Sadly someone broke my Pikachu's tail off and Ivysaur is scuffed from being carted around. D: But I guess it gives them character. I still take Ivysaur with me as a kind of good luck charm if I'm nervous about something!

My less sentimental favourites would be my walky Bulbasaur plush (I think it's the cutest Bulbasaur plush ever :D) and my giant Bulbasaur (It's almost real sized!).
Old 09-08-2012, 03:54 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

Sadly I don t have any pokemon toys, i have seen someone play a pokemon ds system... and someone play a gameboy advance with pickachu on it... but I personally dont own any real pokemon merchandise besides my pokemon game cartridges.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_g View Post
Sadly I don t have any pokemon toys, i have seen someone play a pokemon ds system... and someone play a gameboy advance with pickachu on it... but I personally dont own any real pokemon merchandise besides my pokemon game cartridges.
Aww, that's too bad. I think the games count as a kind of merchandise too. Plenty of people collect the games!

Even if you don't own any, is there something you would really like to own?
Old 09-09-2012, 01:11 AM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

maybe a pokemon dsi maybe.. i saw one for black that was really cool, one of the kids in school got one shortly after b/w came out.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.