Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 09-20-2012, 02:19 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default WiiU

Anybody thinking about getting the WiiU?

Man, i'm looking at the launch title and NOTHING interests me at all. Mario's a good game, but not exactly a killer app that I need to absolutely get either. >.>
Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba
Default Re: WiiU

I was hoping that maybe I could get it. You know, Super Smash Bros and all. I took a look at Wii Fit U, and they have one of those pedometers like in HG/SS. The funny thing is that it looks a lot like it, just green.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 09-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I've never bought a console at launch before. I just can't bring myself to pay so much money when I know it'll be half price (or less!) in a couple of years.

The WiiU doesn't really amaze me so I will be waiting for a decent Pokemon game to come out before I even consider buying one. Though the Wii never delivered on that, so I'm not holding my breath. I am not really a big gamer though... xD
Old 09-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Yeah, not much of a Wii fan, so probably not getting the WiiU. No good games for the Wii except Pokemon and Smash Bros. (which I got to play for one round). D: I bought the 3DS XL at launch as soon as they opened for $200. /worth it
Old 09-20-2012, 04:09 AM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

My boyfriend and I are pre-ordering the Deluxe Wii U.
I've been watching this console closely for years, and I'm determined to get it.

Shun the non-believer
Old 09-21-2012, 01:02 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

For me, I get systems for killer apps. For example, Vita has Project Diva, Persona 4, Disgaea 3, Sncharted and Gravity Rush. Honestly I don't mind getting systems for future games like I did with the Vita, but atm only Samsh Bros intersts me, and that's still years away.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:28 AM
Asch Offline

After thinking about it all this time, there's one question that has still gone unanswered in my head: why?

I would only buy the WiiU if it could play both Wii games as well as old GC games, seeing as my old Wii is pretty much half-broken and I can't ever be bothered to buy a new one. >>;

I'll see what the WiiU has going for it, and if anything, see if it's something worth getting for me. As for right now, no.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Not interested currently. None of the games look great for me, and frankly the whole control scheme seems odd.

Sure, Smash Bros. will come out eventually, and there IS Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed, but the latter I can buy for my 360 so I don't see any point of getting it for the Wii U (although I admit, the map being on the controller seems like a good idea. HD images of the racer in front of you on it, however, does not. Watch as you gaze at that while crashing into obstacles!).

Plus, my guessing of the price - $350 - being correct only makes me wince. I wish I had been wrong...

It does play Wii games from what I know, but I adore playing my old GC games, even my oldest which is from 2001 and was originally a Dreamcast game XD

So currently, no. Let the price drop~
Old 09-22-2012, 05:18 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Since SSB, from the comments I'm seeing here, isn't going to be a launch title, I'm going to skip on this for now. Got my Wii lightly used for an amazing price, so I might wait and see if that kinda deal can come up again. I'll get it later, considering I have other gaming priorities and don't have much time to devote to 'em anyway. Nothing says waste like dropping 400$ for a console and a "meh" game (in your opinion) and not having the time to play.

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 09-22-2012, 11:48 AM
iApollo Offline

I don't plan on buying one, simply because of the lack of launch titles.

However, the concept in general is pretty cool.

Chances are though, it'll end up under our Christmas tree, which I wouldn't be against.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:03 PM
thirty-six Offline

Will it have sengoku basara? I'll probably wait for a good deal, so not at launch. My wii is in a bottle… the cupboard
Old 10-23-2012, 03:53 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

I have it on preorder. Yea, call me dumb. I was originally going to wait for a solid Pokémon/Zelda/Sonic/Smash game to pull me in, but considering none of them are on it yet it will probably sit in a corner for a while, as the price drops. I haven't been interested in Mario games since Sunshine. Maybe I'd play New if I had a sibling or Ken would come over, but as far as I'm aware New Mario is not as fun solo and it's a bit short.

I have Transformers Prime on preorder as my first game on the console, but considering a lot are remakes, I agree with the consensus that the launch titles are a bit weak sauce. Even though I haven't played a lot of these remakes, the fact that I can get them cheaper on other consoles means I won't buy them on the WiiU. Except maybe Batman and Ninja Gaiden, which seem to be good remakes. Until WiiU starts having preorder bonuses, there's not much reason to get games on launch day. Wait and get it cheaper used I say.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!