Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:01 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default [Crossover] Interlinked [FF/PKMN] (RP)

~PLOT~
There are many universes out there, some aware of the others while the rest are only aware of themselves. It is extremely rare for two to have contact, but once in a blue moon something happens that is unexplained and unprepared for.

In the Pokémon world the Legendary Pokémon were locked in battle. It is unknown exactly what Legendaries were in this battle, however when attacks collided it could be seen from miles away. At the same time, in another universe, summons called Eidolons were also locked in battle. In this universe there are many worlds, most unaware of each other. However that did not stop these powerful creatures locking in battle to prove their strengths. Both of these battles were happening simultaneously, completely unaware of the other. Yet it seemed like everything was timed perfectly. Attacks would collide at the same time in both universes, each collision releasing more power and raw energy each time. It wasn’t until all combatants in both universes used their most powerful attacks did something happened. The techniques were not dodged but collided with all the others, releasing a ton of power and energy. Since this happened at the exact same time in both universes, this caused a space-time rift. Before anyone could figure out what was happening, everything was engulfed in a blinding light before everything went black.

When citizens of both worlds woke up, everything had changed. Their universes collided, thus creating a new world. At first people were confused and tended to get into fights, but some people banded together to keep the peace. They called themselves the Council. This group was made of gym leaders, Elite Four members, and Champions for the Pokémon universe as well as high-ranking officers and leaders of the other. Under the Council’s watch the citizens started to trade information on the creatures that were also transferred to this new world and technologies. It wasn’t long until cities and towns were made and new materials were discovered. The main power source they had were crystals that were soon discovered under ground, having a magical and electrical property that made it a great source for power and electricity for the technologies. This way they didn’t need to rely on electric-type Pokémon. Also this crystal became the new material that made Poké Balls, and instead of the normal tech it was infused with magic from the other universe. It worked just like a normal Poké Ball, it was just made differently and out of new materials.

Unknown to all, the Legendary Pokémon and the Eidolons that caused the merging of worlds were trapped in the crystal. They had lost all their strength after the collision. Now with some of their strength back, they are trying to reach out to people they believe can set them free. But there is a problem. Those trapped in the crystal cannot even recall their own names. And with their names also comes their powers. So without their names they cannot regain all their lost power. But perhaps if they connect with someone, that person can figure out what their name is. Once they figure it out, the person would have to locate the Legendary or Eidolon in the caverns, stand before their prison, and call out their name. Only then can they be set free with full power.

Everything was going well for a while. Eventually another civilization was created under ground in the crystal caverns. Things were peaceful between the above and under ground civilization. But peace doesn’t always last. Behind the friendly faces there are some members of the Council wish for things to go back to the way they were. Secretly they study and experiment, but so far all their tests have all failed. Even trying to increase the power with the crystals, nothing worked. Frustrated, they almost gave up. That is until the energy fluxes in the caverns started.

Even if the Council is unaware that it is the Legendary Pokémon and summons, they believe that if they could harness this power that they can reverse the fusing of worlds. Those in favor of this went to investigate the energy fluxes by abusing their power and forced their way into the caverns. During their investigation they had no regards for the miners, treating them as if they were the in the lowest social class. This caused the under ground civilization start rebelling. They would supply a few towns and cities, but the main city where the Council resides they cut back and eventually stopped sending crystal supplies to.

As well as this was going on, other things started to happen. Citizens started hearing voices, not knowing if it was their imagination or not. Unknown to them it was actually the Pokémon and summons that were trapped in the crystal. They were reaching out to people in hopes that they could be freed. Will those trapped in the crystal ever be released? Or will the members of the Council be able to locate and tap into the source of the energy fluxes in order to separate the worlds? It all depends on what hand they were given and how the players play the game…
~RULES~
  • All PE2K Rules.
  • Rating for the RP will be PG13+, meaning that some acts of affection, mild language, and violence is acceptable. Nothing mature rating. We are dealing with Final Fantasy here, so mild language and violence is expected.
  • Please be respectful to other players and their choices for their characters. We are all different, so it is expected that characters will be different as well. Do not put someone down for things like if a character appears to be a mary sue (I'll deal with that) or perhaps their choice for their character's sexuality.
  • Bunnying is only allowed if the player of the character gives another player permission to do so in case of to move all characters to one location or the player of the bunnied character will be absent for a time.
  • Both canon and original characters are accepted. For canon characters I will allow some creative freedom. Add your own twist to the character (like minor wardrobe change, addition to personality, ect.), but do not stray too terribly far from the original character. I want canon characters to still be recognizable.
  • Pairings are allowed, whether they be canon or not. CanonxCanon, OCxOC, or CanonXOC is fine. I'm also allowing same sex couples and perhaps triangles. Drama does make for a good story when done correctly and doesn't interfere with the progression of the main plot.
  • Not every character can have a Legendary Pokémon or Eidolon trying to reach out to them. Let's try to have some characters that aren't forming links.
  • If you are going to be absent or inactive, please let me know. I don't want someone to get so far behind that they can't catch up or leave characters behind.
  • Please put a header with at least your character's name and the roleplayers affected by your post. If a character in header is an NPC, please mention so in parentheses or brackets. Since there is no map or official location names, your character's location is optional in the header.
~ROLE PLAY~
It has been nearly two years since the event. Completely different worlds became one due to a massive power disturbance. Shortly after the Council was formed, and then exploration and construction began. Turned out that some settlements form both words were present, though altered. They needed some refining, but at least the inhabitants had the building blocks needed. It was during the explorations did the magical crystal deposits were found, a major entrance being in the mountain in the middle of the continent. It was near this entrance that the "capital" city was built, right on the side of the mountain. It was the center of almost everything and had natural defenses that other settlements did not have. For instance the there was a waterfall on the mountain, and where it started a river near the city it split in two and created somewhat of a moat around it. Not to mention that the city had different levels due the mountain's shape. It is in this city that most of the Council and elite fighters and trainers live.

It took over a year for all the construction to be completed and new technologies to be put in place. Also during that time knowledge was shared and teaching would continue to go on. After all the construction was finished and a military formed the people started to get in routines under the watchful eyes of the Council. The people in the crystal colonies set up a system and timeline for their work with the crystal and shipments to the above ground communities. The military set up training and patrol schedules to deal with the wildlife that were not Pokémon.

Now, almost two years after the merging, the Council is setting up different tournaments in order to celebrate the successful colonization in this new world and the peace that seems to have settled over the land. The energy fluxes had been rare before, but as the time approaches for all the tournaments they are becoming more frequent. Teams have been sent out to investigate, but little to no information has been released to the public. So far only Council members know the little data was gathered, and what they do release is only in relevance to the tournaments. There are to be two tournaments for Pokémon trainers, one with competitive battles and the other contest styled, and another tournament for those who would rather fight hand-to-hand and with weapons or magic. These events are to be held in the main city on the mountain with a massive festival that could possibly last for weeks. Excitement is in the air, covering the sense of forewarning that relates to the energy fluxes.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 08-29-2012, 04:42 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: [Crossover] Interlinked [FF/PKMN] (RP)

Holy god, be forewarned of the text wall ahead! Anyway, improved the headers, will change if CM has something else for them in mind.

Jovi
New Pokemon Research Center
Link: Darkrai

Was this what having your life flash before your eyes was supposed to be like, Jovi wondered. It seemed that she was seeing different aspects of her life over again--watching her mother work, learning different things from Professor Krane and the other scientists, annoying Michael, playing with the Pokémon that Professor Krane gave her to” watch over”, finding Dr. Kaminko’s house, and all of the events of three years ago surrounding her older brother and shadow Pokémon, as well as the events since, like waking up in this strange world and so on, all played before her. As the reel of events came to an end, the world around her fell dark. “So many memories… Are they mine? Are they yours?” a booming, deep voice asked aloud.

Somehow the girl knew it was a dream, and yet in spite of this fact, she found herself opening her mouth to answer consciously. “They’re my memories,” she told the voice, not sure jus what to expect next.

“If these are your memories, where are mine? Who am I? Who are you?” the voice replied, and Jovi could do nothing but shake her head.

“I don’t know who you are, but my name is Jovi,” she said gently.

“Jovi…” the voice repeated slowly, and it seemed that the darkness came to life, it moved, and out of it came two glowing blue eyes that moved towards her—

And then the dream shattered.

Jovi shot up in bed with a gasp and nearly knocked her Vaporeon off the bed in the process. The blue, finned cat let out a sharp hiss in protest, glaring at her trainer accusingly. “Sorry, Mist,” the girl apologized quickly, which seemed to calm the Vaporeon down a little. “I had a really crazy dream.” The Vaporeon’s anger seemed to melt away completely at that. Seeming to know that there was no way that Jovi was going back to sleep, Mist hopped off the bed and allowed Jovi to get off as well. The girl shivered as her bare feet touched the hardwood floor of her bedroom and practically dove to clear the space between her dresser and herself to get socks on.

Once dressed, Jovi wandered out of her bedroom and down to the lab, as she lived in on one of the resident floors above the Pokémon research lab itself. Jovi wasn’t sure what the day would hold, but one thing was for certain: she wanted to know what her dream earlier had been about.

Pierce "Peace" Hopkins
On the run, just outside a little town
Link: Shiva

Her chest was tight. It hurt, but she continued to gulp down ragged breaths of air for the sake of continuing to try to run, though her Gardevoir was already halfway carrying her. /Come on, Peace, got to keep going, got to keep going,/ Gardenia tried to coach telepathically though she knew Peace was just as aware they needed to keep moving as she was. The Gardevoir thought it a miracle the girl hadn't tried to stop yet, but then again, when there were armed men coming after you, it was hard to consider stopping, even if they had been on the run for nearly three days straight now. It had started when the armed personnel showed up at her aunt's door asking for her, and hadn't stopped since. She had been home for a doctor's appointment that had taken place that morning, though Clover Corel hadn't bothered to mention that, and in fact told them she wasn't there at all. Unsure of why they wanted her but sure it could be nothing good, her Aunt Clover had taken it upon herself to warn Pierce, otherwise known as Peace, and urge her to take her Pokémon and run.

And run they had, not that it had helped much so far. It had gone south from the beginning--Gardenia had though it best to try and teleport her out of the city, but the city had been ringed with more men, as apparently her escape attempt had been predicted. They had only barely managed to escape that disaster with more quick teleporting on Gardenia's part and running and nearly dragging on Peace's part before the girl seemed to remember that she was in possession of a Flygon, and they had ridden Sky for a while before Peace finally told him to land…that had only given them a little more than a day, though. They had thought they were safe, but it hadn’t been long before they were being chased again, and they had been forced to repeat the same process with similar results, and now it was down to this—Sky couldn’t fly any more, he was too tired, and Gardenia was one step from being totally drained herself. Sure, Peace had other Pokémon she could fight back with, but that would give them a reason to retaliate with the weapons they carried, and she had no desire to fight, either. It was as she stumbled and fell, taking Gardenia with her to the ground, that they both spotted a village ahead of them. As Peace sat up, a bullet whizzed past her head. Looking back it was easy to see the line of soldiers after her. Panic rose up in response.

“Gardenia,” the girl gasped, but the Gardevoir was already in action, taking one quick look at the town in the distance and wrapping both her arms around the girl before digging into the last bit of psychic power she had and teleporting them one last time. No matter what, she would get Peace away from danger, no matter what happened to her.

Night Westerly, Cissnei, and Dominic Marten
Little town that has yet to be named
Links: None, as of yet

Night was in the garden when they appeared in a flash of light, huddled close to the ground. The Gardevoir holding the girl went limp nearly immediately, and the girl jerked suddenly. “Gardenia!” What Night suspected was the Pokémon’s name came out of the girl’s mouth as a cry of alarm. “No, no…darn it!” she gasped, sliding out of the Pokémon’s limp embrace to inspect the downed Gardevoir. Night stood and moved towards the two slowly, unsure of what was going on.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, for lack of any better idea of what to say. The girl’s head whipped around to stare at him, and the terror on her face was plain to see. It made him nervous, and suddenly he found his old infantry instincts cropping back up.

“I…I’m being followed by armed men. I don’t know what they want from me, but they just….” she took in a deep breath of air and shook her head. “They just shot at me, and Gardenia—she was so tired and worn out…! But they’re still coming for me and now she’s down and I can’t run anymore and Sky’s too tired... I don’t want to have to fight back—I just don’t understand what I did wrong!” The girl was almost in tears and out of breath. Night found himself reaching down to touch her bare shoulder and sighing softly.

“You won’t have to any more. If you didn’t do anything wrong, then we’ll protect both you and our home… Just let me get some help, okay?” She looked up at him with wide gray eyes filled with surprise, almost as though she were asking if it was true. “I’ll be back in a moment,” he murmured and bolted for the house that sat not too far away.

A red-haired woman in a black suit and an utterly massive brown-haired man sat at the table inside. “Marten, Cissnei, we have armed men headed towards us. Apparently they’re after a girl, one who is right outside the garden and almost in hysterics with a downed Gardevoir. She says they just shot at her and she can’t run anymore, alongside claiming that she did nothing wrong… I think she’s telling the truth—or at least she believes she’s telling the truth. Either way, we should be ready to defend the village if need be, and possibly her… Probably her.” The redhead and the enormous man were already moving, girl involved or not, they were not going to allow armed men into the town; it was a known fact that the three assembled had enough wariness of government and armed soldiers to last a lifetime for anyone else—it was why the Turk and the two infantrymen hadn’t gone back to their old line of work in the first place.

Wordlessly, the man moved towards a rug that rested on the floor some distance away and slid it aside with his foot quickly, meanwhile the woman moved to where a large shiruken rested against the wall and scooped it up deftly with a single hand. Moments later, the man was holding a simple submachine gun he’d produced from a small hiding place of sorts under the floorboards. Night simply brushed his fingers against the two Pokeballs that hung on a belt that hung loosely around his thin waist—he didn’t touch guns very often anymore and he was amazed Marten even kept his around, but then again, sometimes it was nice to have it around, even if the gun brought back horrible memories and spent most of its time underneath their feet.

“Let’s go see what these soldiers want from the girl,” the woman sighed before opening the door and stepping outside to scan the horizon. She could see the girl and her Gardevoir, still sitting where Night had left her.

“Should I get Len and Fuu, Cissnei?” the large man asked softly, the woman shook her head in response, sending her curls bouncing.

“No, Marten, let them be unless we really need help…though I’m sure they’re already aware… I swear one of them has a sixth sense for trouble and I don’t know which one it is, but they have a habit of knowing when they’re needed,” Cissnei replied just as softly as they moved, almost as one, to where the girl sat. When they reached her, she looked up, and Cissnei could see immediately that the girl was terrified; terrified and sure she was innocent. Before she or Marten could speak, however, Night crouched down and offered her a small smile.

“It will be okay now, we’ll protect you,” he assured softly. Cissnei and Marten exchanged a brief look; one that said they couldn’t agree to that, but they weren’t going to challenge the statement for now. He felt bad for the girl and was trying to make her feel better as the soldiers approached.

“Showtime,” Cissnei murmured as she watched them slightly ease their weapons down at the sight of other people. It wasn’t eased enough to promise peace, but it seemed they wanted to avoid trouble if they could… “How lovely, they’re just considering shooting us if we don’t comply with their demands.” The girl let out a whimper and Night shushed her softly, murmuring more assurances to her while Marten took up a similar posture to the soldiers advancing and moved to stand at on side of the girl, Cissnei remained on the other, so that Night and the girl were between and just behind them. When the soldiers finally reached them, Marten was standing as though he had never been away from the Shinra infantry and Cissnei was spinning her shiruken, a red and silver thing called Rekka, around her right index finger almost lazily.

“You stand between a fugitive and those tasked with tracking her down and bringing her back to the Council. Stand down, or we will be forced to resort to violence.” Cissnei grinned at the fairly standard threat and looked to her shiruken spinning around her finger, glinting in the sun.

“What does the Council want with her? She looks like a fairly average young woman to me,” Cissnei responded, looking from Rekka to the girl behind her and back at the group of soldiers. The one who had spoken first spoke again.

“That information is classified, Miss. Please allow us to take the fugitive without having to resort to violent measures.”

“In other words, you don’t know why,” it was Marten who spoke up this time rather than Cissnei. He shook his head and laughed. “You men are fools. Not asking about your assignments will get you killed one day, as it killed many of my own comrades.”

“Is that a threat?” One of the soldiers jumped forward and Marten lifted his gun in the same moment Cissnei cocked her arm back to throw Rekka and two other soldiers grabbed the jumper.

“He only speaks from experience. Experience the three of us share, actually,” Cissnei informed them, stepping closer to Night and the girl, as though she thought she could hide the two from the soldiers before them.

“Then you know orders are also orders, and we have orders to take the girl,” one of the soldiers argued back, Cissnei shook her head.

“Looks like you’ll learn that sometimes orders just can’t be followed,” she countered, and that was when one of the soldiers lowered their gun and reached for something else, bringing his hand up quickly. Before Cissnei could move, Marten had shouldered her out of the way and the group watched as he went rigid. The girl screamed, but the Taser only appeared to work for a moment before he shook his head, grinning.

“Bad move,” he growled through gritted teeth as his red-haired companion darted forward and elbowed the soldier with the Taser in the chest hard enough for him to let go of the Taser and send him backwards, into another pair of soldiers. Guns pointed at her, but Marten made a soft tsk-ing noise. “You shoot at her and I promise, I will shoot every last one of you. Maybe it would be lethal; maybe it wouldn’t be…I can’t say I’d want to find out. The girl stays with us; it’s time for you to leave though.” Multiple members of the group dropped their guns straight off, few continued to hold onto theirs, but were visibly too tense to use them.

“Do you really want to know how many of you I can take down before you can stop me?” Cissnei challenged sharply. Two broke away, running seemingly as fast as they possibly could, most of the other held their positions, and this time Night stood up from behind the shelter that his hulking friend offered, brandishing a Pokéball. The soldiers eyed him, however they didn’t move until he released the Pokémon inside, revealing a Luxray.

“Shenz, why don’t you see them off?” he asked the Pokémon softly. The soldiers regarded this statement with confusion before the black, lion-like Pokémon seemed to understand that these men weren’t wanted and gave a fierce cry as it discharged electricity and sent them scrambling backwards. Marten fired a shot that went over their heads, but that was all it took to send them running back down the road at full speed, a handful of guns left where they had once stood. There was a moment of silence before the girl shoved herself up off the ground, tears sliding down her cheeks, and went to Marten immediately, her Gardevoir forgotten for only a moment.

“Are you okay? That was a Taser, wasn’t it? Are you going to be alright?” Suddenly the tears came more furiously than before. “I’m so sorry!” she wailed, leaving the man stunned for a moment before he reacted.

“I’m fine, I’m fine, don’t be sorry… Please stop crying…” He reached out an arm as though he were moving to hug her, and stopped himself. He continued to reach out, as though to pat her shoulder and stopped himself again before his arm fell to his side lamely. He wondered how the girl would feel if she were hugged by a massive stranger, and decided against following through with the hug. Cissnei looked him up and down briefly before deciding he was fine, and went about disassembling the Taser so it couldn’t shock him again.

“Marten’s a big guy who has been through a lot worse than a Taser hit, if you noticed, it didn’t bother him too much, there’s nothing to be sorry for if you don’t know why they’re after you…so please, like Marten said, stop crying. You’re safe now.” The redhead offered while Night thanked his Luxray before returning the Pokémon back to his ball.

“Yeah, you’re safe now…so why don’t we take care of your Gardevoir…you called her Gardenia, right?” the thin sharp-shooter asked, causing the girl’s attention to snap back to her unconscious Gardevoir and tear up even more. “Hey, hey! Come on, it will be alright, we’ve got plenty of healing items; she’ll be alright.” The girl sniffled.

“It’s just that…she’s hurt because of me…and…” Night sighed before moving to her side and shushing her softly, like he was trying to talk to a small child rather than a girl as big as him.

“She’ll be alright. You two, as well as all of your Pokémon are safe now. I promise.” That was when he followed through with what Marten had not; Night reached out and hugged the girl to him briefly. “Safe,” he repeated slowly, before heading over to the downed Gardevoir and scooping her up as he headed back to the house, leaving the girl standing there.

“Looks like Night’s taken your defense a bit personally…he’s a good kid,” Cissnei murmured, coming to stand by the girl, followed by Marten. “I’m Cissnei, and the big guy is Dominic Marten, but we all call him Marten…sometimes mom. The kid who just saved you—his name is Night.”

The girl didn’t look back at her, but continued to look after the young man walking towards the closest house with her Gardevoir in his arms. “I’m Pierce Hopkins,” she offered quietly. “But, please, most people call me Peace.”

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net

Last edited by Winter; 08-29-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:58 AM
Fluffeh Offline

Kotone
New Bark Town
Link ~ Giratina

It had been a while since Kotone had felt safe, properly safe, in her own home. The smushing of the two worlds had excited and frightened her and she found it hard to sleep at night in fear of something or someone coming to get her. Even though she has grown used to the feeling and has even overcome it, she couldn't seem to sleep that night. She huffed lightly to herself, she really needed some sleep. She petted Blue lightly, the small Totodile moving in her lap, she smiled fondly before picking up a book from her bedside table to read, she needed something to take her mind off of things, she was really being over paranoid.

After a few minutes of reading Shade stirred from his corner. She looked up from her book to stare at him. He was getting antsy and that rarely happened. Before she could get up and see if he was ok, his eyes opened and he stood, growling at her bedroom door.

Katone paled, something was there, and whether it was hostile or not Kotone didn't know, but clearly Shade was freaked. The Absol growled and moved to claw the door open, which failed as Kotone had locked it before bed, she thought about stopping that habit in case of an emergency. She moved Blue, who stirred and woke up from his own sleep, and grabbed her door key. She gently unlocked it and walkled into the upstairs hallway , followed by a still growling Shade and a confused Blue, she didn't think about grabbing the others, she knew she would be safe with Blue and Shade.

The three of them slowly walked down the stairs, and Kotone could hear someone now, and she saw thee kitchen light was on. Shade quietly jumped the last of the stairs as Kotone picked up Blue so she could step over the last, creaky step of the stairs, she needed the element of surprise right now. She held her breath as she continued forwards, whoever had envaded her house was rummaging through the fridge. She frowned lightly, "Mother won't be happy." She grumbled, and Shade glared at her for silence. She just shrugged at him and bounded into the room, catching the theif red handed.

"I have yo- Mooootheeeeeerrrrrr~" Kotone sweatdropped as he own mother dropped the peice of chocolate cake on the floor, which Blue was happy enough to finish off for her. "What are you doing. You scared Shade half to peices." Shade just glared at her, he was not scared. Kotone frowned when her mother just smiled.

"Sorry darling, I just got a little hungry, that's all." Kotone groaned and grabbed Blue by his tail, draging him away from the cake, he even knew his stomach didn't like chocolate.

"Whatever, I'm going back to bed." She huffed, taking a sad Blue and a disgruntled Shade with her. Her mother just shrugged and went back to her fridge raiding.

Rikku and Lilly Brice
Unnamed little town
Links ~ Quetzalcoatl and Deoxys

'Liiiiiilly? LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLY!?' A small golden Riolu was crouched down near her trainers head. She wasn't sure what had happened, one minute the two were walking in a newly discovered town, looking for a place to stay, when she just fell to the floor. It was quiet, and the Riolu was sure there was no one was around. She whimpered lightly and poked her trainer, trying to wake her up. 'Lilly.' She telapathically mumbled, hoping her trainer could hear her, hoping she would wake up.

Lilly however was in far far away dream land. What it was that had made her go into such a deep sleep so quickly she had no clue, but she didn't like her dream at all. She was in a large void of red and green swirling together, it looked oddly familiar, but she didn't know why. She had to closer her eyes to stop them from hurting it was so bright and swirly and colorful. She opened them up however when she heard her pokemon, her Angel calling out for her, the poor thing must be so scared, she was only a baby after all.

And Angel was scared, she sat there cold and trembling, not sure what to do when a couple of big guys came along.

"Heh, the dart knocked her out cold." The biggest guy said, smirking. Angel recognised them, they had been chasing after Lilly for no reason. They were mean and big and she didn't like them.

'D! D, help.' She telapathically screamed out. The two guys looked at the shining pokemon quizically before their questions were answered. One of the pokeballs on Lilly's belt flashed rad and burst open to reveal a very angry looking Gardevoir.

'Leave us alone.' She growled out before Psychicing the two men away with a wave of her hand. The Gardevoir turned to the small Riolu and picked her up, holding her gently.

'D, I don't know what's wrong with her.' Angel said before crying her eyes out.

Rikku had been walking home from a long tiring morning pokemon hunting, she liked to look for new pokemon, maybe even a few electric types to add to her team, she never hurt them, or killed them, just tried to catch them, she would let them go after she had examined them and looked through her book to see what pokemon it was, if it was a new species. However on her way home she almost got squished by two large, flying men. She made a small squeal before looking the way they came, spotting a Gardevoir, a gold and blue pokemon she had never seen before and an unconsious person on the floor. Rikku looked at the two men and assumed the girl was the one that needed the help most.

"Um, excuse me. If you need any help, or a place to stay. You can come to my house." She called out, walking over to the trio. The Gardevoir eyed her uncertainly but Angel liked the idea of a place to stay and some help.

The Gardivoir was the one to answer. 'A place to stay would be nice, thank you. But we don't know what is wrong with her, she won't seem to wake up.' She grumbled, waving an arm so that Lilly floated next to her.

Rikku frowned and examined her, finding the tranquilizer dart and taking it out of Lilly's shoudler. "By the looks of things, she won't be awake for a while, it would be best if you come and stay indoors for a bit." She smiled, walking forwards and leading the way back to her house. The Gardevoir and Riolu following behing with a floating Lilly as the sun peeked through the clouds, neither Rikku nor the pokemon knew what the time was, but both the Gardivoir and Riolu were surprised by not seeing many people out and about.

Last edited by Fluffeh; 08-31-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:05 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Jihl Nabaat
Council Building, Capital City
Link: none
ARPers: none
Soft clicking broke the silence in the empty halls, the sounds coming from heels hitting the tile floor. It was not uncommon for the women of the Council to wear heels, however in this case it signaled the arrival of none other than Jihl Nabaat. How she presented herself showed how much of a confident woman she was. And why shouldn't she be? She went from a lieutenant colonel to a head Councilmen. Sure she had to share the title, but she had authority and power she didn't before. That means she can get away with a lot more than before, which has come in handy as of recent.

However what Jihl was previously thinking was interrupted when a second set of heels could be heard hitting the tile. Up ahead another blond woman turned the corner and started heading in Nabaat's direction. Green met gray when they saw one another. Both women had a friendly expression, but if one looked closely then one would see that they did not trust each other. Both were members of the head Council, and from different worlds. Jihl hadn't taken, nor wanted to, take the time to get to know this woman. The only think she noticed that was of mild interest was her change of outfits. She was currently in her black outfit, which she noticed she wore when doing official business. Her other outfit was more casual, and only seen a few rare times.

"I didn't expect to see you about, Jihl," the other woman spoke once they were a few feet away.

Nabaat smiled, showing no signs of the annoyance she felt. "You don't expect me to just sit in an office all day, do you Cynthia?"

"I suppose not."

They then passed one another in the hall, not looking back. Jihl had a good feeling that Cynthia was suspicious of her, but that was only a passing thought. At the moment the ex PSICOM commander had other business to attend to that was more important than worrying about what a Pokémon trainer thought. After a few more moments she reached her office. After entering her key-code the door opened for her. It was just one of the technologies she was glad for that had survived. It insured her privacy, for she was the only one with the code and authority to open her office. Once she stepped in she was greeted by a low meow. Her attention was drawn to the dark tan feline that was in the room, making her way over to her. She waited for it to reach her, and once it did it sounded a low purr as it rubbed against her side. She gave it a quick pat before starting her path back to her desk. She was slightly amused that she had acquired Pokémon of her own, at first being put off by the thought. But the male Persian and female Liepard that were now in her possession did prove useful, and if it wasn't for that then she would have gotten rid of them long ago.

She had only sat down when she received a message, asking for permission to enter. With a smile she allowed the entry, it being an officer she had sent out a few days before. He was tasked to take his squad out and bring someone to her. She had reason to believe that this person could help locate the sources of the energy fluxes, so their capture was important. With a hand on the Liepard's head, which had come out from under the desk as soon as she sat down, she patiently waited for the soldier to give his report, though it did not go unnoticed that he was more stiff than needed when standing proper.

"Sir, we managed to track down the girl," the soldier began, doing his best to not let his voice show any emotion, "However she was able to flee from the original residence we located her. We were able to quickly pick up her trail and stay on her. We thought that it would be best, at the time, to just keep up the chase and let her tire herself out."

"So the capture was a success?" Jihl said, lacing her fingers together in front of her as she leaned back against her chair, elbows resting on the armrests.

This is where the soldier faltered. "N-No, Sir. She managed to get to a small town, where she was able to obtain aid." It was evident that Nabaat wasn't happy at this point, but he still had to continue with his report. "Tasers weren't effective in bringing down one of the them, and two more civilians were able to counterstrike while dodging open fire. We had no choice but to retreat."

It would be an understatement if one were to say Jihl was upset, or even furious. She was beyond that now. All of her researched she had done up to this point, and that girl could be a missing link in piecing it all together. She needed to get this girl, no matter what. Otherwise all she has done in secret would have been for not. However the only outward sign of her growing frustration was the slight tightening of her grip on her hands, the narrowing of her eyes, and the subtle downturn of her lip.

"There is something else to report," the man spoke again after a long pause. "It is unrelated to the first, but I feel that it deserves your attention."

"It better be, after that failure," Jihl growled, now glaring at the person in front of her. Even with his helmet on she could tell that he was slowly becoming terrified.

"There have been multiple sightings of creatures running wild, unlike the wildlife or Pokémon we currently have data logs on. Those who are or have been trainers say that they resemble the Beasts, three Pokémon that have been labeled as Legendary."

Now this did catch her interest. She had heard of Legendary Pokémon and of their strengths, but since it had been assumed by the trainer members of the Council that they did not believe they were present she did not do further research on them. But it could be possible that they were somehow connected to the energy fluxes, or at least be able to identify the cause. It was something to at least look a bit more into. Still leaning back in her chair, the ex commander looked at the rigid soldier that has just finished his report.

"For now, keep tabs on the girl," she said, her voice now cool and collected. There was no need for it to reveal any emotion. "Any move she makes I want to be informed immediately. Also contact me if there are more sightings of these... "Legendary Beasts". Understood?"

"Yes, Sir!" was the response.

Jihl then dismissed him, getting a salute in response before he took his leave. Nabaat sighed heavily while removing her glasses. She didn't have any need for them, really. She could see perfectly well without them, but they did give her a false appearance of kindness she wanted the public to see. Again lacing her fingers, this time resting her elbows on the hard wood desk, she rested her head on her hands. She was more than just disappointed that the capture was a failure. She would read the full report later, and she had no doubt that upon reading the details she would be able to conclude that the "civilians" weren't ordinary people. Something else she'd have to look into. The work was piling up, but it was for a cause. Things could not remain like this, even if she had to sacrifice her current position when things went back to normal. After taking another moment to compose herself she then turned her attention to the computer on the desk, determined to get some more research out of the way while she had the chance.
Spinel | Crystal Momoyia
Fields outside of Capital City
Link: Lugia | Latios
ARPers: none
Having successfully guarded another shipment, Spinel decided to take some time to herself. It had been a while since she and her Pokémon had been out of the caverns, so it was nice to feel the bright spring sun. She had heard that there had been a few rainstorms, but that was common for this time of year. Even so the festival was on schedule, and she had planned on attending the tournament and try her luck at getting a chance in battling an elite trainer.

"It feels so good out here," a voice next to her drew the trainer out of her thoughts.

She looked over to her left, immediately seeing blue. A blue crocodile's head rested on her shoulder, eyes closed, and in a state of complete ease. The rest of its body was in the hood of the jacket the trainer wore, having rolled up the sleeves in response to the nice weather instead of taking it off completely because of her passenger. Spinel just smiled before she brought her hand up and patted the side of the reptilian's neck.

"It does," she agreed. "The crystals are beautiful, but we can only stay underground for so long."

They both chuckled at that. It was true, especially with some members of the team. They needed the fresh air, but with shipments now being held back or purposely delayed they didn't get as many chances to escort them as before. She didn't know the details, but there was obviously something going on between some of the Council and the Colonies, the common term for the crystal civilizations.

Then a crash of lightning drew their attention. Trainer and Pokémon looked up to the sky first, but the sight they met was clear blue skies. When it wounded again they then knew that the next logical guess was that the source of it was a Pokémon. Spinel then headed in the direction the sound had come from, and the closer they got to the source the more sounds could be heard. There was something going on, either a battle or training. She knew there was a large clearing up ahead that was a popular training and battling spot. Now even more curious as to who might be training, she quickened her steps a bit until she broke the treeline and stepped into the field. When she did look at who was present her eyes went wide.

Crystal Momoyia was on the field, training with her Persian. She is an elite trainer from the Kanto region, it being rumored that she had defeated the champion there in an unofficial battle. There were no witnesses, only the words from both parties, but it seemed like most people tended to believe that the blue haired girl had at least given the champ a run for their money. Not only was she known for that, she was also known for the unique Pokémon she had acquired during her travels. She had uniquely colored Pokémon that are extremely rare, and ones with rare abilities. This was a trainer that anyone would be honored to battle.

"Once more, Persian," Crystal spoke, her voice calm and even.

The feline in front of her lowered its head as sparks started jumping around on its smooth fur. Clearly it was charging up for an attack, and a moment later and a battle cry it shot a mighty Thunderbolt at one of the targets that had been set up. Hitting dead center on the target the wood then exploded into different sized pieces. The pure power amazed the younger trainer watching, and with a twitch of its ear the Persian then turned to look in her direction, the motion followed by its trainer. However Crystal just seemed to be amused after she saw the other trainer.

"And here I thought I'd have the field to myself," she said before walking over. "I haven't seen you around here before. It's a pleasure to meet you."

The older trainer then offered her hand when she and her partner were close enough. Spinel was first shocked, but then relieved. She wasn't aware she was tense until she felt her muscles relax. Her Totodile then jumped out of her hood and greeted Persian as the two trainers shook hands.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, too, Crystal. My name's Spinel, and this is my partner Ren."

Crystal looked down at the Totodile and smiled, noticing that their two partners got along. "She looks well taken care of."

Spinel wasn't sure how to feel. Getting a compliment like that from an elite trainer was big, at least to her. She was shocked but happy to hear the words from the slightly older woman. Still a bit nervous, however, she was unable to think of something to say back. Crystal seemed to notice this and just kept smiling, having remembering being just like that before.

"We were about to take a small break before battle training. Care to join us?"

Again happily shocked, Spinel took a quick moment before nodding with a shy smile. "Sure, that would be great. Thank you."

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 09-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Kris
Fields outside of Capital City, the woods not far from it.
Link: N/A
Affected RPers: N/A

Compasses were very interesting tools. By pointing north, they could save a person from a very unpleasant fate. Yet, somehow, Kris remained completely lost, even with one in hand.

Then again, in the circular device’s defense, it was never built to assist in the way she would need. It wasn’t lost in the physical sense; the issue ran much deeper than that. Not many people suddenly woke up with few memories one fine morning to find things… changed. To make matters more complicated, this wasn’t just a slight geographical and temporal difference, it was literally “changed”. As in, not the same world anymore.

Johto was her home region; Kris could still remember the basic layout of that land. The only place which she had any sort of memory though, was New Bark. Even at that it was horribly hazy, few faces and fewer names. Unless, of course, her Pokémon came into the fray. In that isolated case, each of her team members was fully recognisable. That was a nice change.

It was arguably this had allowed her to progress to her current point. She found herself frustrated at times, but still pressed forward. Saying her adventures had been fruitless would be a lie, however. Although very little personal information had turned up, the teenager had learned many things about the state of her new surroundings. It was a lovely but troubled land, the product of a merger.

She hadn’t heard much more than that, not having come across too many urbanised places in her travels. As such, Kris was neutral, not knowing enough to make a proper, educated decision. Choosing a side with anything but would be rash.

“Vee” Dani, who had been walking a few paces behind spoke up after having been silent most of the day’s trek. This was slightly unusual, although the Eevee wasn’t all that talkative. She tended to be more of an observer, eyeing her surroundings and acting accordingly.

“What is it?” Kris had since stopped walking and turned around, facing the Evolution Pokémon. Her ears twitched a few times, being so large, they were capable of picking up quite a bit. It also left her sensitive to loud noises in exchange.

“Eee,” Dani’s high pitched, yet adorable cry confirmed she did indeed catch something of interest.

“Can you tell if it’s hostiles?”

Eevee shook her head.

“Do you think we should investigate?” the teenager asked, eyeing the thin trees separating them from the open world. This was the forest’s edge; it shielded them from possible aggressors but also ensured they wouldn’t get too lost. She used the tree thickness as a guide; thinner ones were the desired sight.

The small brown creature nodded, her eyes twitching again. Kris held back a sigh. She didn’t want to walk into an unpleasant situation, but this could be an important lead. Both options had their pros and cons, but after a short while, the girl decided to take Dani’s advice.

“Let’s get going…”

Kenta
Affected RPers: CM

The sun hung overhead, it was a warm, breezy day. This was probably Kenta’s favourite kind of day, and thus, his mood was excellent. Since he’d left the city a few days back, the teenager hadn’t a particular destination in mind. He hoped to find his friend Spinel and that other girl. The latter was blurry, her name and exact appearance eluded him, as did most memories of her. Yet, he knew this character was important to him, just not why. Spinel, on the other hand, he could picture perfectly in his mind.

His traveling ended up taking him here, to the outer reaches of a large field. Kenta hadn’t intended on exploring it too much, that was, until he noticed two figures in the distance. They appeared to have Pokémon.

In other words, it was totally work checking out what they were up to. Perhaps, he could even get the chance to battle with them. That would be ideal.

Of course, any notion of a civil introduction dissipated when he was able to recognise one of them as his long lost friend, Spinel. If this wasn’t winning the “lucky encounters” lottery, Kenta didn’t know what was.

“SPIN! Long time no see!” he exclaimed, excitement building inside him. His steady walking turned into an all out sprint, allowing him to clear the distance separating them in no time. He did want to hug his friend, but something told him that wasn’t the best of ideas.

“How have you been? Are you okay? What-“ his question barrage only ceased when he finally noticed who the other person was. THE Crystal. This was just too awesome. Spin and Crystal in one find. Being that the latter was a top trainer, this was the perfect chance to prove he was one of the best by besting her. And, in front of Spinel none the less. Bonus points!

“I challenge you to a battle! What do you say?”

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }

Last edited by Eternal Moonlight; 09-12-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:34 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Spinel | Crystal Momoyia
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight
"So you started your journey in Johto?" Crystal questioned Spinel, wanting to learn more about the other girl and continuing a casual conversation.

"I did, with two friends of mine," the younger trainer answered. "We all started our journey a little late, though. You see, my father's Typhlosion was badly injured in a battle. I decided to stay home longer to help my mother take care of him. I told my friends to go on ahead without me, but they refused."

Crystal chuckled. "That's what friends do. They stay be your side no matter what."

Spinel couldn't help but nod with a smile. She remembered one of her friends perfectly, but the other was surrounded by fog. All she could remember was that her other friend was a girl and had started with Chikorita. Any other memories were dazed at best. But it could just be the effects from the merging. It was something she wasn't too worried, feeling that the memories would clear up in time.

“SPIN! Long time no see!”

The new voice caught their attention, and both trainers turned towards the newcomer. Spinel couldn't believe who she saw. It was no other than Kenta. She was surprised and happy to see him. It had been a long time since they last saw one another, both of them having traveled different routes in Johto and rarely bumped into one another. She smiled when he approached him, but before she could respond to his greeting when he caught up he then started asking questions.

“How have you been? Are you okay? What-“

And as soon as he started he stopped. Crystal was amused by this. She noticed that he only stopped when he saw her. She was recognizable, after all. She had an idea as to what could have happened next, and it was evident that she was still rather amused.

“I challenge you to a battle! What do you say?” Kenta then said.

"Kenta!" Spinel protested before she signed. "You haven't changed at all. Are you sure you want to do that? I mean, she is a top trainer."

Beside the trainers Persian purred, getting Ren's attention. The feline Pokémon looked over and smiled at the Totodile's tilted head. "We don't get challenges that often anymore," the cat spoke. "Once it got out that we defeated the Kanto champion in an unofficial battle, we got a lot of people wanting to battle us. But time and again we won, so the challenges slowed then stopped coming. It seems like some trainers are too scared to battle us, or think they have no chance of winning."

"Really?"
Ren questioned. "Wow. I thought that with your trainer being in the top you would have a lot of challenges. But I guess it makes sense that only trainers who have confidence in themselves would challenge you..." She then turned to look at the trainers. "Like Kenta. He's always been overly confident in himself and his Pokémon."

Crystal just smiled. "I accept," she said after a moment. "It's been a while since we had a challenge. How about a one-on-one? I'll even let you battle one of my strongest Pokémon, a member of my original Kanto team."

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 09-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Kamikaze Offline

Belcarth | Mike "Ranger" Dawson
Link: Celebi | None
Somewhere in a forest north of the Capital
Affected RPers: None

Every day for three years he had walked through this very part of the forest, but after this day nothing would ever be the same again.

Belcarth was well aware of all the legends and the folklore of his hometown, and so he immediately recognized the creature standing not ten feet away. No Lucario had been sighted in these forests for half a century, certainly not during the mere 13 years that he had lived.

Sightings or no sightings aside, here he now stood face to face with one. Unlike the description given in the stories, the telltale red eyes were a bright green instead, and their gaze locked at the thirteen years old blacksmith's apprentice.

"I am Jayde, and I have been waiting for you." The Lucario telepathically spoke. Judging by the name and the telepathic voice, the Lucario was female, though Belcarth, a boy of thirteen wasn't sure what to make of all this, was rendered speechless by the mere fact that it spoke to him.

"The time has come to stand before our mentors. Too long have the burden been theirs to carry." Jayde continued when she was given no reply. "Take me to the castle. The time has come."

"M-my name i-is...My name is Belcarth." The boy stuttered as he began walking back home, wondering what his father would think of all this.

"I know." Came a cryptic reply, and neither of the two spoke until they came within sight of the castle, and the town that surrounded it.

----------

Belcarth woke up to a pounding headache and the ever-present gaze of his partner's green eyes. All he could remember was a flash of light that had rendered him blind, and the following surge of energy, of Aura, that had rendered him unconscious.

He had a nagging feeling that something was amiss, but looking around him everything appeared to be as it should. After resting for a few moments moments, he decided it was time to get back home but as he stood up, a wave of dizziness poured over him, and hadn't Jayde been there to support him, he would've fallen.

"What happened to us Jayde?" He asked out loud. She didn't reply, but the expression on her face clearly said that she was just as clueless as he was.

"We should get back to the castle." He said when he was steady enough to stand on his own.

They started out slowly, taking their time as they began walking home. The further they went on however, the more out of place things seemed. A branch too much or too little on a tree, a tree that was just a little too different from what it used to be. Belcarth tried to convince himself that it was nothing, but the closer they got to the castle, the stronger the feeling of discomfort, and the faster their pace.

Then the small discrepancies around them suddenly turned into major ones. Trees that he had never heard of before started appearing in front of him, and when the path was blocked by a boulder half again as tall as he was, Belcarth's fast pace turned into a full scale sprint, all the way to the forest's edge. When the castle came into sight, he stopped dead in his tracks, disbelief apparent in his eyes as he witnessed the landscape.

The castle that he had grown up in was still there, but it was now no more than a ruin, by the scale of the damage, it looked as though it had been uninhabited for centuries. There were no sign of the surrounding village, not even traces, though the general shape of the landscape seemed to be consistent with what he remembered.

His worst fears were confirmed when he closed his eyes and searched the surroundings for traces of aura. He found no traces at all from other humans, the castle was deserted.

He wished desperately for all this to be nothing but a nightmare, that when he woke up things would be back to normal, though deep down he knew this could not be the case. All he could do was look at his partner and echo his question from before, "What happened to us Jayde?"

-----------

Belcarth woke up to the smell of freshly baked bread and a stew that hinted of onions and some kind of meat. The smells made him think that he was in some tavern, but that couldn't be right, he hadn't been to any of the nearby towns in over a month. Opening his eyes confirmed that he was indeed in his tent, and a quick scan for auras explained the source of the excellent cooking.

"Good morning Ranger." He said as he made his way out of the tent. "I thought you would be well on your way to the Capital by now."

"Well, I was, but I had just managed to refill my supplies in that small town south of here when Tracey said that I should stay." He nodded towards the Lapras that were swimming around in the nearby pond. "Besides, my business in the Capital wasn't really that urgent to begin with, and I prefer the outdoors. You slept well?"

"Not really no, but I think you already know that." Belcarth replied and gave Jayde a not too friendly look. "Bad dreams you know."

"Don't be angry, she cares for you is all, and so do I. Breakfast?" He asked, handing over a bowl of the stew and piece of the bread, still hot from the oven.

Belcarth was always as amazed when he saw his friend cook. All he had to work with was a small oven made out of flat stones for the bread and a pot over an open fire for the stew, even so, the bread tasted better than buying it from many a bakery, who had both the experience and a better equipped kitchen to work with. And the stew was far better than most could manage at home in their own kitchens.

"So, care to elaborate on these nightmares?" Mike said after they had been eating in silence for a few minutes.

"They are not nightmares, they are memories." Came the reply after some hesitation. "It is always the same memories. It begins with the first time I met Jayde, here in this glade, that was about 8 years ago. Then it shifts to the time after merging of the worlds, when I woke up not ten feet from where we are sitting, two years past." He went on to explain more specifically what happened in his dreams.

"Both of these events are major events that changed my life forever. And I can't shake the feeling that something is about to happen again, that I'm having these dreams for a reason." He decided to leave out the part that these dreams had begun almost immediately following his discovery of a crystal, one that by the looks if it came from the colonies. He also decided to leave out the part about how he thought he might have heard someone talk to him a few times when he held the crystal. He hadn't even told Jayde, though he suspected she knew. Belcarth wasn't entirely sure why he decided to not say anything, but he didn't know if Mike would take it seriously, and he certainly didn't want his friend to think him insane.

"I see." Came the reply after a moment of silence. Mike had never been one to believe in signs, fate and all that stuff, but something in him told him not to so quickly dismiss what his friend had told him. and ever since the merging of the worlds, he had seen so many strange thing that he wasn't quite sure what he believed anymore.

"Well, time to pack up and leave it sounds like." Mike said when they were done eating.

"What? Why?" Belcarth began, not quite following.

"You have been staying here since the dreams began, no?"

"Well, more or less. What's your point?"

"If the dreams mean something, as you think they do, then the only way you will find out what is to follow them. 8 years ago, you started here and made for the castle, a day that changed your life forever. 2 years ago, same thing, you started here, and made your way to the castle. So to the castle it is. In the meantime, why don't you tell me what happens after the point where the dream stops?"

Belcarth just stood there staring at his friend, but as he could see no better alternative, he began taking down his tent while Mike put out the fires. Standing a few feet away, Jayde kept silent, but with a smile on her face.

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Zayna White
Gear Station, Nimbasa City
Link—Zekrom

Was it just me, or was money suddenly getting a lot harder to come by?

I sighed, letting the fiscal reports drop fall onto my desk. I could feel another headache threatening to break, no thanks to the dismal estimates I had been pouring over for the past hour. Maybe this expansion project was a little too ambitious, especially relying on donations. At this rate, we might have to start charging for admission…

Falling back into my armchair, I let my eyes wander around my cluttered office. It was a humble piece of space, but it acted as both my work place and my living quarters. A few pieces of furniture had been crammed inside to make it useful: my wobbly desk with its crude armchair, a dented filing cabinet, and a bookshelf that held anything but an actual book. A panel on the back wall folded down into a tiny cot for the nights I stayed here, and currently it was occupied by a slumbering carpet of dog.

Rubbing at my temples, I stared back down at the helter-skelter arrangement of papers on my desk, wishing it could all disappear. What did the actual surface of the desk look like, anyway?

A curious set of blue eyes peered over the edge of the desk, soon followed by the rest of the furry little imp. Large pointed ears twitched as the Victini considered the papers.

<Your human scribbles don’t make any sense to me,> Makar finally came to a conclusion after scratching his chin a few times. I winced, hoping that his telepathy wouldn’t encourage the headache. My mind was under enough pressure as it was.

“Yeah, well,” I replied with an amused smirk, reaching out to scratch between his two very large ears, “that makes two of us.”

The Victini’s feelings of pleasure flowed through our telepathic connection as I petted him. It was a disorienting sensation, one that I hadn’t quite gotten used to yet. I had never owned a psychic-type Pokémon before, but it wasn’t too different from the connection that I had felt with… with…

I let my hand fall. Makar glanced up at me inquiringly, but I only offered him a sad smile. Best not to bring back painful memories…

Makar’s ear twitched again, and he quickly turned to the door. In a blink of an eye he vanished, although his presence lingered, whispering, <Emmet’s coming.>

“Great…” I grumbled to myself and prepared for the inevitable knock at my door. When it came, shy and timid, I shouted, “What?”

Emmet’s white form slipped into my office, his grey eyes darting about nervously. First they slipped from the 10 foot snake currently coiled around my desk to the sleeping Stoutland in the corner before finally finding me.

Plastering a bright smile on his face, the Subway Boss started in his sing-song voice, “So sorry to disturb you, Miss White, but there’s… Er, there’s a bit of a problem.”

“Of course there is,” I replied dryly, taking my cap off and scratching my scalp underneath. “That’s all I ever hear from you guys. Don’cha think you could just drop in every once in a while just to say hi?”

“Certainly, Miss White,” Emmet replied with his usual, annoying cheeriness—not put off by sarcasm at all. “I will keep that in mind! But, in the meantime, I believe there is an issue that deserves your attention.”

“Fine,” I surrendered, leaning back in my chair. “What is it?”

The Subway Boss’s anxiety escalated as he fidgeted in place, “Well, er, you see… There’s this, uh… A gentlemen arrived this afternoon from the Capital. And he, erm…”

“Emmet!”

He jumped as I interrupted. Staring at him impatiently, I barked, “Please, just spit it out.”

“Right,” he ducked his head. “My apologies, Miss White. As I was saying, there’s a man from the Capital here, and he has orders from the Council.”

Great, I groaned inwardly. This outta be good…

Taking a deep breath, the rest of Emmet’s words flowed out like water rushing from a dam: “They’re going to take some of our lines.”

Emmet flinched, as if bracing himself for whatever fury I was going to unleash. However, I stared at him blankly.

“Come again?” I cocked a brow at him.

Emmet nervously laughed before repeating, “The Council is seizing control of a number of lines.”

The outburst he had been anticipating finally came.

“WHAT?!”

Emmet leapt aside as I stormed from my office, ignorant to the furniture I was tossing aside. Lilly and Sniper woke with a start, barking and hissing in alarm, but I had already left them far behind.

“Where’s the messenger?” I shouted at the top of my lungs. “I’m gonna shoot him!”

“Now, Miss White, be reasonable,” Emmet’s attempt to calm me down was futile. I threw open the door to the main hub of the Gear Station, and found myself face-to-face with the so-called messenger.

“White,” Clay grunted.

(OOC: I hope you don’t mind that I took a few liberties here with certain canon characters; I don’t plan on them being around for very long, which is why I haven’t made SUs for them. I had a different idea in mind before, but since I’d like to have Cheren get in on that “secret meeting”, I decided on this approach. If you were planning on doing something with Clay, I can edit this, of course, and have it be someone else to deliver the unfortunate message ^^)

Old 09-19-2012, 05:07 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Cynthia | Lance | Alder | Keynoma Momoyia
Link: none
ARPers: none (yet)
Cynthia continued down the corridor after her encounter with Jihl. She did not like the other Councilwoman, which was saying a lot. Very rarely did the Sinnoh champion find someone she didn't like, but when it came to Nabaat she just knew that the other could not be trusted. She could see right through her the appearance Jihl showed others, and that was the reason as to why she recently has been keeping a close eye on her movements. But right now she did have something else to focus on instead, something that needed her full attention. So after a few more moments she found the conference room she was looking for and stepped inside. She was glad to see the other person in the room, but the third was a surprise to her.

There were two men in the room, both Pokémon champions like herself. One was the Johto champion Lance, the person she had been expecting. The other was the ex-champion of Unova, Alder. She wasn't completely enthusiastic about seeing the latter, but she did have an idea as to why he was currently present. The current champion has been a bit MIA, and also being a member of the Council she would be needed in making decisions. So a temporary fill-in was a necessity, if only just acting as a band-aid to the situation.

"It's good to see you again, Cynthia," Lance spoke, breaking the woman out of her thoughts. "I do hope you can forgive me for not informing you beforehand about Alder. He's temporarily filling in Zanya's spot in the Council."

"It's alright," Cynthia spoke before turning to the other mentioned. "Are you thinking of permanently taking her place?"

"Of course not!" Alder spoke with a smile. "I'm just here until she can resume her duties or another is found in her place."

That wasn't a surprise. Alder was too much of a free spirit and didn't like to deal in serious situations. Not to mention he didn't like to stay in one location for too long. He was always traveling, probably more so than some of the others. Lance traveled on occasion, mainly going to where he is needed. Cynthia traveled when new discoveries about Pokémon lore was discovered. However no matter where they went, both Lance and Cynthia were relatively easy to find compared to Alder. He seemed to be able to hide very well when he didn't want to be found.

Cynthia then took a seat at the rounded table, choosing to sit near Lance. "Then shall we get straight to the point?"

"No use in dragging it out," Lance said, going from casual to serious. "So far we have still be unable to locate the Kanto or Hoenn champions to join the Council. With there being so few of us now, we can use all the members we can get. And with Zanya ignoring her duties, it doesn't exactly give us a good image."

"I'm sure some of the Council will not be too thrilled about more trainers joining," Cynthia voiced, thinking specifically of one other member. "It seems like most of us are from the Pokémon world."

"From what I've seen not many others from the others worlds have been willing to volunteer," Alder added, leaning back in his chair. "Not sure if they're too proud to do so or just want to stay out of the politics."

"Either way, we need to find some more people to help deal with situations. Even if they don't take on the full title of being a Council member," Lance said, redirecting the conversation back to where it needed to be.

"Then why not promote Cheren?"

It wasn't that much of a surprise that Alder made the suggestion. Cheren had been a major help, even though he didn't have the full title. However he has been busy with other important works, being at the top of the list the Pokémon school. He had also taken over the Normal-type gym that was originally in the Unova region. After things had been set up there were trainers still wanting to challenge the gyms, perhaps wanting to get a head start in collecting badges. One of the projects were to set up a League like in the original regions, however that has been put on the back burner for now.

"He already has a lot of responsibilities," Cynthia then said. "However we will offer the position. If he thinks he can handle it, then his addition will be much appreciated."

"We could also use the upcoming tournaments, like back in the regions. We used the League tournaments to decide either those who could challenge the Elite Four or even a new champion."

Lance had a point. The tournaments could be used in that fashion, even if their intentions were to celebrate a full year of the peace they've had. It was coming up on the two year anniversary of the merging, so what better way to make a good experience out of it than throw a festival with different kinds of tournaments? Three major ones were in preparation, two of which would include trainers and their Pokémon.

"Are you thinking just offering the winners a position, or perhaps keeping an eye on all the contestants for potential?" the blonde then asked.

"I think it'd be a good idea to keep an eye on all of them. I don't think it'd be wise to offer a seat to someone who might have won the competition but can't handle difficult situations well," Alder answered.

Good points were being made. Lance nodded once, agreeing with Alder's suggestion. "So we'll all keep an eye out for potential candidates," Cynthia then concluded. "I have one person in mind already I'd like to invite, and I'll forward her information to you, Lance." A nod of acknowledgement was the response she received, so she continued on. "Now then, let us move on. The other two things that need to be addressed are using some of the Battle Subway lines to trade material with some of our further settlements and we should also discuss some recent findings on the energy fluxes we have been experiencing."

"There have been new findings?" Lance then asked, one eyebrow arching up with both interest and some confusion. "I would have thought that all findings would have already been presented to us."

"Under normal circumstances, yes. However I have asked one scientist to do some independent studies, and she has recently contacted me about her findings. In fact she should be arriving shortly."

As if on cue, there was a soft knock on the door. After Cynthia gave permission to enter, the door opened to reveal a young woman who looked in her early twenties. Her hair color was that of a slate blue color with matching eye color. Her clothing consisted of a white collared button up blouse, slate grey vest over the shirt, sleek black pencil skirt, and black high heels. She did have a small small briefcase with her and a pair of glasses hanging from the collar of her shirt, finishing off her professional look.

"I do apologize for being late," she said after closing the door behind her. "I was having a little difficulty finding a last-minute sitter for my son."

"It is no problem at all," Cynthia spoke. "I did ask you to join us with a short notice. I do hope it was not too much trouble for you, Ms. Momoyia."

"Of course not," the new arrival spoke, taking a seat at the table. "And you don't need to be so formal with me. Keynoma is just fine. Now then," she paused for a moment, placing her briefcase in front of her on the table and putting her glasses on near the tip of her nose, "is this all of us or are we expecting anyone else?"
OoC: Sorry for the massive wall of text, but I was having problems finding a stopping point once I got to typing. Also there is a lot of dialogue in this post and not that much action, but there will be more excitement in posts to come. Also, in regards to Charmander009's OoC, I have no problem with the liberties you took. I don't think that canon character's personalities would remain completely canon after the merging. That and I like to give people some creative freedom with those characters in my roleplays.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 09-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Kenta
Affected RPers: CM

"I accept," she replied, "it's been a while since we had a challenge. How about a one-on-one? I'll even let you battle one of my strongest Pokémon, a member of my original Kanto team."

Kenta smiled and nodded, although a really observant eye could decipher he was also smirking a bit as well. He watched her battle on TV a few times before the worlds merged, and figured he could take whatever punishment she could dish out.

“I’ll get us started…” a brief pause as he drew his Pokéball. It was scratched somewhat, a few deep marks going across the red and white sphere. This could be seen as an indicator of experience or carelessness.

“Let’s do this Gyarbo!” Kenta exclaimed just as a glowing, serpentine shape emerged. Gyarados, in all its red shining glory, unleashed a decent roar before eying his foe. Unlike his trainer, the sea creature looked serious, if not a little irritated. However, it didn’t make any further aggressive moves, simply awaited the start of the battle.

Kris
Fields outside of Capital City, heading toward them
Affected RPers: N/A

Kris is just walking. Nothing exciting.

00C: Sooo short DX

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 09-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

Kimahri Ronso
A small mountain just next to a little unnamed town
Link: Adrammelech
Affected RPer: Winter

If Kimahri had not been a Ronso, then his current journey would have hurt very, very much. Most creatures didn't have a Ronso's agility with leaping across mountain tops, except for perhaps a goat, and their sensitive skin and paws would be stinging and cut from all of the sharp rocks and branches. However, Kimahri didn't feel a single thing. A Ronso's paw was as tough as old leather and he jumped and slid down the side of the mountain with ease, at times leaping across rocks and others pelting down the more shallow slopes on all fours. The spear strapped across his back jerked back and forth with every stride and smacked against trees and branches, but it hardly had a mark on it. All throughout his hazardous journey Kimahri was thinking one thing: Find Auron, or find someone who might know what in the world was going on. Ever since he had had that dream he had felt uneasy, as if something was watching him. It had been only a week ago. Kimahri had been doing his chief duties as every leader of the Ronsos did, but now his whole routine and life had just... shifted, with all one dream.

He could still remember it clearly...he had been dreaming about the Ronsos old home, the beloved mountain that they had all guarded with their lives. The same mountain that had been torn to pieces after the merge in the world. He had been walking among the old paths and rocks, remembering the elder's tales of them and the adventures he had shared with his friends among them, but all throughout his dream he had been troubled, as if someone was watching him. Then, suddenly, a loud, booming voice had interrupted his dream.

"What this this?! Where am I? I do not recognize this place." It was a voice of fire and fury, like the raging thunderstorms that would come during the monsoon season and screech and howl while the Ronsos hid int heir homes.

Kimahri whirled around into an attack crouch, lips pulled back into a fierce snarl, but he saw nothing. "How are you?" he demanded. "And why have you been following me?"

"I..." the voice faltered. "I don't know...I do not remember...perhaps you do?"

He saw something move, something with wings, and then he woke up.

It was the barest bones of a conversation, but Kamahri knew right down to the depths of his soul that it had been real. He had felt the being's voice when it had spoken, had heard it and everything had seemed far too vivid to be just a dream. But beyond that he did not know what else the dream could mean, for he was not versed in such things. However, he knew one person very well who might. Auron was a warrior, yes, but Kimahri knew that he was much more than he seemed and that Auron always seemed to have an answer for everything and for some reason the man always showed up right when trouble was going to start. Of course actually finding Auron would be a challenge, but Kimahri had his ways.

A shower of dust and rocks rose up underneath him as his claws tore at the ground, slowing his descent as he came to last hundred yards of the mountain. A small little village lay near the foot of the mountain, and the people there had been living in harmony with the Ronsos for years. It was uncommon to see a Ronso actually coming down, but not unexpected. Kimahri hit the ground solidly and he started jogging towards the town, letting his muscles have a rest. He would stop in this village for a few minutes...buy some traveling materials and leave. The quicker he got to the bottom of this the better.

A fence blocked his way, and with a growl of irritation he leaped clean over it. However because of the garden on the other side he didn't realize that there were people around until he ducked around the bushes and into plain view. right in front of a small group of people. He froze. "Sorry," he quickly said, almost forgetting to switch to the human togue. "Kimahri is just passing by."

((okay this sucks but whatever))

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 09-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Fluffeh Offline

Kotone
New Bark Town - Un route to Capital City
Link ~ Giratina

"So cold. So dark. So alone"

Shade sat in his usual spot int Kotone's room. His eyes were opened and trained on his trainer who stirred in her sleep. He didn't know why she was so unnerved by her dream but whatever it was that was making her uncomfortable it wasn't natural. Something was happening, he could sense it, but what it was he didn't know, he started to worry for his trainer, but he knew she was going to be ok.

"Who am I? Tell me, who am I?"

Kotone awoke with a start, covered in a cold sweat, her heart pounding. She couldn't remember anything from her dream apart from feeling so cold and alone, so very alone. She drew her knees up to her chest and hugged them. She didn't like this and she knew she had to figure out what this dream meant.

She got off her bed, it was morning now, and went into her un suit bathroom, petting Shade's head as she went, so she could have a shower. Shade knew what his trainer was thinking. He awoke Blue who sleepily fell off the bed and walked over to her backpack, nudging it so Blue knew he had to open it. He did so, taking out his poke ball, Shade's dusk ball and another, a luxury ball.

Once Kotone got out her shower and noticed the empty room and the three pokeball's on the floor, she smiled. Her pokemon knew her too well. She quickly scribbled down a note telling her mother she was going out for a bit before getting ready.

She put on her usual gear, got her pokeballs and notched them onto her belt, keeping the luxury ball in hand. She put various items in her bag before slinging it over her head and letting the strap rest on her shoulder. She walked out her room, down the stairs and left the note on the kitchen counter before walking out into the brisk air.

She took a deep breath before releasing the pokemon within the luxury ball, placing the now empty container on her belt. The green dragon pokemon let out a small noise of apreciation towards it's trainer.

"Hello Sparky. Miss me?" She asked, petting his head. The Flygon mewled in responce and opened his wings, expecting and anticipating a flight. Kotone giggled lightly before jumping onto the pokemon's back. Sparky raised his head and crouched low, adjusting to the weight of his trainer before taking off. He wasn't sure where he was going but Kotone pointed a direction and so he flew that way. It was towards Capital City. Kotone knew someone there would be able to help her, who she didn't know.

Rikku and Lilly Brice
Unnamed little town
Links ~ Quetzalcoatl and Deoxys
ARP's ~ Enkaku_Kumori and Winter somewhat

Rikku walked infront of Dancer and Angel towards her house. She lead them past a large-ish house, with a small group of people outside, when a large blue lion like beast jumped out from behind a bush. Rikku sighed, there was way to much crazy today, but the creature seemed familiar.

'D, hey D. Look, it's kinda like a Luxray.' The small golden Riolu telepathically squealled when she caught sight of the new creature. She turned and squirmed in Dancer's hold, trying to get a better look.

Dancer, who had been too wrapped up in her thoughts about her trainer failed to see the large blue lion beast and dropped Angel when she quirmed in her hold. The golden Rilou didn't mind however, seizing this chance to climb to her feet and scramble towards the beat, landing on one of it's paws, letting out a small 'Soft' in pokespeach. She quickly righted herself and proceedde to try and reach up and grab one of the lion's ears.

Dancer sighed and walked over to Angel, picking her up and scolding her telepathically, while making sure Lilly was still ok and floating behind her.

Rikku walked after them, still curious about the large blue beast when it finally clicked. "K-Kimahri. Is that you?" She beamed at the beast. She remembered her times with Tidus, Yuna, Kimahri, Auron and the others. Hopefully Kimahri remembered her, and hopefully she could find someone that could help her locate Yuna, oh how she hoped she could see her cousin and comfirm her safety.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:08 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Spinel | Crystal Momoyia
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight
Crystal wasn't surprised to see a red Gyarados, perhaps just s little shocked at who was able to catch one. Nonetheless she wasn't surprised that her opponent chose a water-type. Half of her Kanto team was made of fire Pokémon, her strongest being her black Charizard. Perhaps that was the Pokémon Kenta thought she was going to use. The fire-type starter was still one of her strongest and most trusted, however she had a different plan in mind this time.

She detached a Pokéball off of her belt, obviously more well-kept than Kenta's, before she tossed it with a quick flick of her wrist. After the light subsided a small purple and cream color rodent appeared. He stood on his hind legs, showing the black collar with a white pendant around his neck. When he opened his eyes, his red irises to look over the opponent of this battle.

Spinel was rather shocked with the choice the elite trainer chose. She has not seen much of the Rattata's battles in tournaments, but she has seen him preform in contests. Despite his size he was fast and powerful, more so than it's evolved form. She instantly recognized the Everstone that was on his collar, a similar, if not smaller, one that was on her Totodile's wristband. The young trainer turned to the two Pokémon that stood by her, seeing that Ren was just as suprised to see the normal-type being chosen while Persian seemed to have expected it.

"You'll be battling Puck, the first Pokémon I caught on my journey."

The Rattata then turned back to Crystal, almost looking bored. "This is my opponent? He may be a rare color, but I doubt this Gyarados will be that much of a challenge." A pause with an almost dramatic sigh. "Well, if they are confident in their abilities, let's give them a performance that won't soon be forgotten."

The blue haired trainer chuckled. "Now then, let's see how well you raised your Pokémon. We'll give you the first move."
OoC: Jaye, feel free to bunny Crystal and Puck in your post to lengthen it if you have ideas. And also, @Fluffeh, if you'd like I'm sure Jaye won't mind if you have Kotone drop by and watch the battle. I'm sure a Gyarados battling a Rattata would attract some attention X3

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 09-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

(OOC: Hope this doesn’t seem to odd, but Cheren’s part of this post will be in 3rd person, since he is just a NPC)

Zayna White
Gear Station, Nimbasa City
Link—Zekrom

“Clay,” I returned coolly, eyes narrowing. Of course; they would send the only guy in old Unova who I couldn’t physically beat into a pulp. Clay hadn’t changed much since the merge, retaining his thick build and gruff manner. He dwarfed Ingo—Emmet’s calmer twin brother—with his grizzly size. Clay’s mining company had blossomed with the discovery of the crystals, and apparently he had been keeping pretty busy in the Underground. I hadn’t seen him since Cheren was put in as a new Gym Leader.

Crossing my arms, I slipped into my best defiant stance and spoke in an almost casual tone, “So, I hear you’re taking my stuff.”

“Miss White…” Ingo warned under his breath. Unlike Emmet, the black-clad Subway Boss wasn’t afraid of me.

“‘Eminent Domain’,” Clay responded as-a-matter-of-factly, jutting out his chin. “The Council wants to use a few rails to transport crystal. Figured it’d be a good way to get it to the outlyin’ cities.”

“Gee, well isn’t that nice,” I sneered. “But what makes you think you can just take whatever you want?”

Clay’s indifferent expression folded into a displeased scowl. “What the heck do you think ‘eminent domain’ is, White? We’re a government body, and we have the right to appropriate property for the good of the people.”

“Screw ‘eminent domain’,” I countered, throwing my hands up. “I’ve worked too hard on rebuilding the Battle Subway, Clay. I’m not just going to hand it over all willy-nilly.”

“They’re only taking a few lines, Zayna,” Ingo calmly pointed out. “The Battle Subway will still be operational.”

I stared at Ingo incredulously. Whose side was he on?

“I don’t care how much or how little,” I stubbornly resisted, “just the fact that they’re taking what’s mine—ours!”

Clay’s frowned deepened, bringing out the deep wrinkles in his weathered skin. “If you stopped bein’ so selfish, you might realize that the Council’s tryin’ to do somethin’ good here.”

It was my turn to scowl. “Excuse me for being less than enthused about it.”

The Gym Leader stared me down, his gaze an intense mix of pity and disgust. “What’s gotten into you, White? You used to have a better head screwed on between your shoulders.”

My expression darkened when the tumult of emotions came. How dare he! He had no idea what I was going through. This world was messed up, and I had lost half of who I was in a night I couldn’t even remember. I had been trying to cope with it, but apparently the Council had to stick a thorn in my side and make matters worse.

I growled at the Gym Leader—but what came out didn’t sound at all human. My whole body vibrated with a deep rumbling rich with feral ferocity. I took a step back, startled by my own voice. I glanced at Ingo and Clay, anticipating horrified looks…

But they were just staring. As if they hadn’t heard a thing. I stared back at them, bewildered. Was… was that even real? What just happened…? I heard a soft whimpering at the back of my head, certain that it came from Makar.

The Mining King grunted and turned to Ingo, as if deciding that the Subway Boss was a more competent person to talk to. “The Council is more than willin’ to offer compensation fer the trade-off. We’ll have an assessor come to check out the lines within the week.”

I barely heard his words as I tried to make sense of what had just occurred. The headache I had been fighting off was now in full swing, making the task much more difficult than it should have been. I rubbed at my temples, suddenly feeling exhausted. I didn’t want to argue with Clay anymore. I knew that if I was going to get to the bottom of this, I had to go straight to the source.

A trip to the capital was in store.

Unfortunately.

///////

“Compensation, Miss White,” Ingo emphasized minutes later, back in my office. After Clay left, the Subway Boss had been incessantly griping in my ear trying to convince me to comply with the Council.

“We might be able to complete our expansion project with the added funds,” his brother, Emmet, eagerly agreed.

I was rubbing furiously at my temples again, pleading for the headache to relent. Wearily, I admitted, “Yes… Compensation could go a long ways… But at what cost?”

I shuffled the papers on my text, pushing them aside until I had exposed a map of the subways. “They’re thinking about taking one of our more popular lines,” I pointed out on the map. “If they take that, we’ll lose a big chunk of our challengers. Less passengers equals less donations… and less attention… and, well, you get the picture. We’re barely scraping by as it is, no thanks to the cost of energy these days… The monsters don’t really help much either.”

“I see your point,” Ingo mused, stroking his chin while studying the map.

“So what else can we do?” Emmet frowned.

“Complain,” I grumbled, sinking into my chair. I grimaced as the migraine pounded at my skull.

“Negotiate,” Ingo corrected, looking at me sternly. “They might be willing to try other rails. I believe there are some we can give up with minimal loss to our income.”

I waved a hand dismissively, “Either way, I’m going to go to the Capital and get to the bottom of this.”

“You’re what?” the twin brothers gaped simultaneously.

Was it that hard to believe? I had to admit, the idea didn’t exactly thrill me. Facing the Council after going AWOL wouldn’t be the most enjoyable thing in the world to do, but this was something I had to do. I had to stand up for the Battle Subway, and let them know I was a force to be reckoned with. I was also determined not to get sucked back into their politics.

“You heard me,” I rolled my eyes in exasperation. “Has the sub to the city left the station yet?”

Still in shock, Emmet responded, “Y-yes. Half an hour ago.”

“That’s just peachy…” I muttered dryly and glanced down at the map once more. This meant I would either need to find a different path to the Capital, or chase the train down. Neither thought sounded pleasing, but the former was more realistic than the latter. “In that case, I’ll take the Hearthome line. Maybe I can catch an airship to the Capital from there.”

“Are you sure about this, Miss White?” Ingo asked cautiously.

“Of course. Someone’s gotta do it.”

“Should we accompany you?” the white-clothed Subway Boss offered.

“No,” I shook my head, instantly regretting the pain it caused. “You’re needed here. I’ll be fine.”

“Are you certain, Miss White?”

“Of course,” I smirked confidently. “I’m the Champion, remember? I think I can handle myself.”

Ingo frowned. Just before slipping from my office, he muttered, “Sometimes it’s hard to remember that.”

Cheren
Links—None
ARPers: CM

Cheren tucked his Xtranciever in his pocket, ignoring its unremitting vibrations. Normally, he wouldn’t be one for neglecting its attention, but he had more important duties to attend to. The young man strode down the halls of the Council Building determinedly, the expression he wore serious but calm. While he was here on official business, he had also been invited by an old friend. It was an interesting turn of events, one that Cheren hadn’t expected, but he sensed that something was afoot. What that could be, he wasn’t sure… But he had to wonder if it involved Zayna.

If so, then maybe he wasn’t as prepared as he thought he was.

Straightening his tie, Cheren approached one of the many secretaries that occupied the building. A blonde-haired woman glanced up at him from behind her desk with a smile, instantly recognizing him.

“Good afternoon, Cheren,” she greeted, tapping at an earpiece. “How may I be of assistance?”

He nodded at her, though honestly had no idea who she was. It was a little unnerving to have strangers know him—something that came with his new positions—but he was still getting use to these situations.

“I am here for a meeting with the Champions,” the Gym Leader got straight to the point, remaining strictly business-like.

She returned the nod as if she knew his purpose in being here all the long. “They’re expecting you in the Saffron Room—down that hallway,” she gestured with a wave. “Sixth door on the left.”

Cheren didn’t need the directions, but gave a brief bow of gratitude nonetheless. Without another word, he continued on his way, clutching nervously at the folders he carried. He hoped that the materials he had prepared would be enough to persuade the Champions, but the boyish side to him quavered at the thought that he would soon be meeting with his childhood role models. He had been with them in Council meetings before, of course, but he never had to present a proposition directly at them. Hopefully, all would go well.

Taking a deep breath, Cheren plunged himself into the conference room. To his surprise, the meeting seemed to already be in session. The Champions he had been expecting were present—Cynthia, Alder, and Lance were all sitting around the table. But a fourth person was speaking to them, a woman that he did not recognize.

Cheren did his best to mask his surprise, though his eyes darted to the clock hanging on the wall overhead. Had he been late? In an even tone that did not betray his anxiety, the youth pardoned, “My apologies. Am I interrupting something?”

He hovered in the doorway, waiting for either an invitation or a dismissal.
________

(OOC: I have GOT to stop writing such big posts ^^')

Old 09-25-2012, 03:30 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Pierce "Peace" Hopkins, Night Westerly, Cissnei, and Dominic Marten
Little town that has yet to be named
Links: Chibi and Fluffeh (slightly)

"Peace, eh? We could use a little bit of that around here," Marten said softly, causing Peace to tear her eyes from Night and look at him for the briefest moment before refocusing on her feet, resulting in her curls tumbling over her shoulders.

"I'm sorry for shattering your peace," she whispered. Marten promptly turned his head to look at Cissnei, eyes wordlessly pleading for help.

"You didn't shatter our peace, they were wrong--if you haven't broken the law, they have no right to take you in and they certainly had to right to try and shoot you! And if they come back, I swear they'll regret it...I don't think we'll be too inclined to be peaceful next time," the red-haired woman muttered. Peace lifted her gaze to Cissnei, looking miserable.

"Please, don't..." she protested weakly, not wanting more violence to be used for her sake. "If they come back--" she was cut off as a voice spoke up in her head.

"They are trying to comfort you, little one. At least act as though you feel comforted--it would be rude to do otherwise. These people are willing to protect you, frail one, don't tell them their protection is unwelcome." Peace flinched as the feminine voice that reminded her so much of the tinkling of hail on rooftops and the howling of a blizzard that had raged for days in Snowpoint city the one time her family had visited cousin there and snowed them in. Peace still remembered the terrible thoughts about not making it out of the house that had filled her head at the time...once they had gotten out and away from the city, her family had never gone back to visit that cousin.

"We won't let anything happen to you, Peace," Cissnei said soothingly, misinterpreting the flinch. The girl's features softened, looking sad, but she said nothing but a featherlight "Thank you," that barely existed at all.

"We mean it," Marten backed his friend up, but Peace shook her head.

"It's not that I--" the girl’s words were cut off as a large, blue lion-like creature ducked around the bushes that hid part of the garden from view. Instead of finishing what she had been saying, Peace gave a shriek and almost flew to Marten's side and practically plastered herself to the man, who didn't move or speak at the creature's appearance, and neither did Cissnei. Night had long since disappeared into the house with her Gardevoir.

Cissnei was long used to seeing the creatures, called Ronso, though her eyebrows raised slightly as this Ronso apologized and stated his name. "Ah, Kimahri, what a surprise!" the young woman said, offering the great beast a smile. "Is there anything you're looking for here, or are you just passing through? If you're looking to buy or trade, you'll most likely have to knock on doors to get people outside--we just had a rather nasty problem pop up, and the people are probably still holed up in their houses for the most part,” she said gesturing to the houses around them. Meanwhile, Marten was trying to coax Peace down from where she clung to him, fingers gripping fistfuls of shirt so tightly her knuckles were white.

“Peace,” Marten sighed, “it’s okay, Kimahri’s not after you… He’s parts of a tribe of beings called Ronso that live in the mountains nearby—they come into town on occasion, you can let go now…” This was spoken as Marten tried (unsuccessfully) to pull her off his side with one hand, the other hand still holding his gun. Peace said nothing in reply, but the fact she still clung to him like a baby Koala to its mother seemed to say she wasn’t very convinced. In fact, as another girl spoke up, she flinched and clung even more tightly to the big man. Marten just huffed in defeat and stopped trying to pull her off.

Jovi
New Pokemon Research Center
Link: Darkrai

"So, Professor Krane, how many Pokemon do you know of that have blue eyes?" Jovi found herself asking as she entered the office of man she had looked up to as a father figure for years. Her mother, a lovely blonde woman named Lily, was already in the office, sitting at a desk in the corner where she appeared to be going through paperwork. When Jovi spoke, she looked up disapprovingly.

"Jovi, how many times have I told you to knock on doors before you open them?" her mother asked her. In response, the blue-haired teen shrugged fluidly.

"I dunno, but if the Professor was doing anything important, the door would be locked; I know that much," she countered before turning her attention to the Professor as Lily shook her head and turned back to her paperwork, muttering something about 'That girl' being 'uncontrollable."

"I'm really not sure, Jovi. While I study Pokemon, I do not have their eye colors memorized...why is it you ask?" Krane questioned. Jovi thought back to the dream she'd had that morning and shivered involuntarily.

"I had a dream this morning where this strange...well, I think it was a Pokemon, with bright blue eyes was talking to me. It felt really weird, I was just wondering what that Pokemon I was dreaming about might have been," the girl said simply. Krane shrugged and shook his head.

"Well, as interesting as that sounds, I can't help you, Jovi. Sorry," Krane said before turning his eyes back to his computer. Jovi sighed and turned back towards the door; so much for that idea.

OOC: This WOULD have been done and better last night, but something happened and the page refreshed or something and deleted my entire, almost completed post... At this point it's a miracle I didn't break my computer so I could get it written a second time.

Also--any suggestions on where to send Jovi?

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net