Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel
Default Re: Legion of Dredd (Welcoming Battlers and Traders!) Free Pokemon to new members !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Aqua View Post
I gave a list of original uber candidates, but if you wnat my opinion, ho-oh.
Didn't we already decide that Ho-Oh was too good even before it got Regenerator?

I am still under the impression that Deo-S should be the next candidate for unbanning. It seems a lillte more realistic.

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Knuckles Offline

Send a message via AIM to Knuckles Send a message via Yahoo to Knuckles
Default Re: Legion of Dredd (Welcoming Battlers and Traders!) Free Pokemon to new members !

Completely seperate note, my WiFi team is halfway done..this one is pure messing around
Old 10-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Joel Offline

I think I have done nearly everything I can do in-game except build a wi-fi team for battling.

I could go get Genesect's Drives from the P2 Lab, but they aren't that special anyways, so I will probably focus more on team building now.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Didn't we already decide that Ho-Oh was too good even before it got Regenerator?

I am still under the impression that Deo-S should be the next candidate for unbanning. It seems a lillte more realistic.
Nope ho-oh is bound be tested as the presence of volcanora in ou, shows how ho-oh might fit in.

ho-oh is not exactly what one might call uber strong, nor is it fast. It's bulky specially to near blissey levels, not true blissey is much more bulky 255hp dose that, which is more than twice ho-oh's, so no math is needed to prove that. His move pool is great but offers nothing significantly better than the dragons of ou, who are overjoyed they are dragon flying and not fire flying.

speaking of fire flying, people think kyruem has bad typing defensively, they have yet to see ho-oh. He has only got 3 weakness and 4 resistances but resistances to steel, grasss and fire don't hold much weight when you are weak to 3 very common types one of which normally get you a one way ticket to rarely used.

the thing about ho-oh is it can't function while stealth rock is on the field, he can regenerate his little tail feathers all he wants but he will switch in to 50% or less, once it's off the field for good he can function like a true champ, but unlike volcanora ho-oh can never ever boost it's stats, given the right set after one quiver dance volcanora is bulkier, stronger, faster after a single quiver dance, while ho-oh has to rely on being buff right from the start. The only stat it can improve is it's speed, through a weak move that just begs for a counter to be switched into, many an ou dragon is ready to ko ho-oh in one hit or set up in it's face, ho-oh's defence compares to swmaperts and he's in ou cause that ain't enough and swampert has the superior physical typining.

I think the one thing that concerns me about ho-oh is scared fire, so many pokemon in ou, gyarados, dragonite, terrakion, salamence, haxsaours, garchomp, don't really care about ho-ohs stab moves, brave bird is strong but will leave the phoenix in an easy ko situation, they all take a fire move like a champ and most are immune to it's coverage move earthquake oe could ko ho-oh before he uses it, but sacred fire can cripple them 50% yes please, if it were not for sacred fire ho-oh would be flat out set up bait for the biggest badest meanest dragons around.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

What did I tell you about your tone in my clan. Skippy has been active member of smogon for years. If I ever see you talk to him like the way you did on the last page again you will not only get a ban from my thread but you will get a warning. This a clan for people to have fun, they dont come here to told they are wrong by someone who has spent one to many hours reading smogon banter in the last couple of weeks.

I like the idea you are throwing out about testing tiers, but your tone and superiority complex are not welcome in this clan. So if you do that again, you will not be posting here again. Any other person would have given you a warning for the way you talked to Grassy and Joel.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 10-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Joel Offline

I missed where he might have said anything wrong to me.

Thanks for taking up for me though, I guess.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:

hey man ! hows the weekend going?

Old 10-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Joel Offline

It's going well, so far. Slowing down on playing White V. 2 since all I have to do now is go around catching past gen. legendaries.

Went back to laddering on PO2 and Showdown. Unfortunately, I can't use the same team both places since PO2 still has all forms of Garchomp banned still.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
It's going well, so far. Slowing down on playing White V. 2 since all I have to do now is go around catching past gen. legendaries.

Went back to laddering on PO2 and Showdown. Unfortunately, I can't use the same team both places since PO2 still has all forms of Garchomp banned still.
So you have been using Chomp ? what kind of team ?

Old 10-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Joel Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
So you have been using Chomp ? what kind of team ?
Genesect @ Choice Band
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Explosion

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Gentle Nature
- Calm Mind
- Relic Song
- Psychic
- Drain Punch

Golurk @ Yache Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- DynamicPunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 236 HP / 216 Def / 56 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SDef / 30 Spd / 3 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Garchomp (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 16 Atk / 240 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

That kind of team. It's still in the testing process, but it has been relatively impresive so far.

Meloetta's set is experimental, but going well, and Chomp is running the old school ChinChomp set with it's legal ability. Volcarona is just running it's bulky set, but with a moveset overhaul that works even better than the regular set posted on Smogon. Starmie does it's role as a spinner and heavy hitter, and then I got brave and decided to run Gulurk on my OU team. Rocks + Spin Blocker + Fusion Hax, all in one Poke, and being a solid check to Terrakion was too tempting to not at least give a try out.

Last edited by Joel; 10-20-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Genesect @ Choice Band
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Explosion

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Gentle Nature
- Calm Mind
- Relic Song
- Psychic
- Drain Punch

Golurk @ Yache Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- DynamicPunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 236 HP / 216 Def / 56 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SDef / 30 Spd / 3 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Garchomp (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 16 Atk / 240 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

That kind of team. It's still in the testing process, but it has been relatively impresive so far.

Meloetta's set is experimental, but going well, and Chomp is running the old school ChinChomp set with it's legal ability. Volcarona is just running it's bulky set, but with a moveset overhaul that works even better than the regular set posted on Smogon. Starmie does it's role as a spinner and heavy hitter, and then I got brave and decided to run Gulurk on my OU team. Rocks + Spin Blocker + Fusion Hax, all in one Poke, and being a solid check to Terrakion was too tempting to not at least give a try out.
I hosted a contest for Meloetta here and only one person posted. Where were you at during that time...lol

Old 10-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Joel Offline

Quote:
I hosted a contest for Meloetta here and only one person posted. Where were you at during that time...lol
I came back at the end of that contest. I wasn't really back to being active around here yet.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
I came back at the end of that contest. I wasn't really back to being active around here yet.
Maybe with the next contest.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Joel Offline

Quote:
What did I tell you about your tone in my clan. Skippy has been active member of smogon for years. If I ever see you talk to him like the way you did on the last page again you will not only get a ban from my thread but you will get a warning. This a clan for people to have fun, they dont come here to told they are wrong by someone who has spent one to many hours reading smogon banter in the last couple of weeks.

I like the idea you are throwing out about testing tiers, but your tone and superiority complex are not welcome in this clan. So if you do that again, you will not be posting here again. Any other person would have given you a warning for the way you talked to Grassy and Joel.
Quote:

I still don't know where Aqua was talking fly to me. Really, I don't. But I hope also with your little "inspirational speech", his balls didn't crawl up inside of him, and send him running.

I enjoyed his presence. Hope he didn't turn into a !@#$%.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
I still don't know where Aqua was talking fly to me. Really, I don't. But I hope also with your little "inspirational speech", his balls didn't crawl up inside of him, and send him running.

I enjoyed his presence. Hope he didn't turn into a !@#$%.
this kinda post could be seen as taunting so you may want to watch it..lol Aqua just uses a tone that gets him in trouble. I talked with him and we are working on something new.