Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:08 PM
treex Offline

Default Building: Pollution Theme Team

So, I've been toying with this idea I had of making a Pokemon revolving around the central theme of pollution.

So far, potential members I have thought of include (and the names I would give them):
-Garbador (Landfill)
-Torkoal (Smokey)
-Weezing
-Excadrill (DigDeep)
-Tyranitar (Erosion)
-Exploud (Sound pollution)

What other potential members are out there? I'm sure I've missed some of them.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Starbom Offline

Default Re: Building: Pollution Theme Team

What's sound pollution and digdeep? O_o

Is dig deep like clear cutting but like mining instead of woodcutting?
Old 09-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Pretty cool idea! I like that you're going for all different types of pollution. I think you could include Muk in there if wanted, maybe as nuclear waste pollution? Could also be water pollution since they tend to live in lakes.
Quote:
Appears in filthy areas. Thrives by sucking up polluted sludge that is pumped out of factories.
Born from polluted sludge in the sea, Grimer's favorite food is anything filthy. They feed on wastewater pumped out from factories.
How about Ampharos for light pollution?
Quote:
Ampharos gives off so much light that it can be seen even from space
Old 09-02-2012, 06:06 AM
treex Offline

DigDeep is gonna be the Excadrill's nick if it makes it in the team, sound pollution is just that, too much sound will disrupt the ecosystem (too noisy, wildlife is disturb,etc)

I might swap Ampharos in but I just can't choose...Excadrill and Tyranitar are the only two that seem to power the team, Garbador would be an obvious pick if he wasn't pollution's physical manifestation itself.

And I've never heard of light pollution until now! Should have done my research on Wikipedia then XD

So far, I can't seem to find anything that can symbolize water pollution, which imo is very important.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:24 AM
goldwynaut Offline

muk symbolizes water pollution, it appears in polluted waters several episodes of the anime and it lives in the pound in celadon city, and the pokedex entery in pokemon ruby says: from Muk,s body seeps a foul fluid that gives off a nose-bendingly horrible stench. Just one drop of this Pokémon,s body fluid can turn a pool stagnant and rancid
Old 09-02-2012, 09:15 PM
treex Offline

A minor update: the first drilbur I caught (I had a speedrun I did during my last hols, will use this game card from now on) had an Adamant nature so I decided not to waste time breeding for IVs. So far I've been EV training and it's at about LV30+ with some ATK EVs and a smidgen of Speed EVs.

So, right now training outside Dragonspiral Tower with a LV80+ Emboar and a LV50+ Lucario, while he holds an Exp Share. So this team shall be my first post-game objective!

P.S.: Can anyone trade/spare me some mons? I would appreciate having a Koffing and Torkoal. A Whismur too, cause my White Forest NPCs all left :<

EDIT: I'm still wondering about Muk and Ampharos. Thematically great, but they're both prone to Ground and the current roster is already very weak to Ground.

Last edited by treex; 09-02-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:07 AM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

I never thought how if they were real how it would pollute earth... i am one who is against pollution and probably not train with these unless i had to... good thinking my freind.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:56 AM
treex Offline

Well, in a sense, me and my brother (we share the game card but I call the shots, usually) actually would like to raise awareness of pollution. Maybe, just maybe...when we battle over the internet, it could make a tiny difference in this world. Even if we get trashed to pieces, if it can get a message across, that would be nice :D
Old 09-03-2012, 01:10 PM
goldwynaut Offline

protip: torkoal and weezing basically represent the same thing, so why not cut one of them to make room for water pollution?
Old 09-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Starbom Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by treex View Post
EDIT: I'm still wondering about Muk and Ampharos. Thematically great, but they're both prone to Ground and the current roster is already very weak to Ground.
Easy solution: Air balloon.

Also in B/W2 Ampharos can learn magnet rise via move tutor :P, Muk gets Ice Punch which could K0 ground types too.

Last edited by Starbom; 09-03-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:21 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

Quote:
Well, in a sense, me and my brother (we share the game card but I call the shots, usually) actually would like to raise awareness of pollution. Maybe, just maybe...when we battle over the internet, it could make a tiny difference in this world. Even if we get trashed to pieces, if it can get a message across, that would be nice :D
Good for you bro...
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:06 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
too bad they removed ball capsules from BW, if not you could use the letter seals to spell out the message
Old 09-04-2012, 07:26 AM
treex Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbom View Post
Easy solution: Air balloon.

Also in B/W2 Ampharos can learn magnet rise via move tutor :P, Muk gets Ice Punch which could K0 ground types too.
I'm aware of that, but that means no leftovers :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
protip: torkoal and weezing basically represent the same thing, so why not cut one of them to make room for water pollution?
Yeah, but which one D: Weezing is immune to Ground, but a Fire-Type could be just as handy.

Muk or Swampert for water pollution, guys? (I'm leaning towards Swampert as he's a solid Ground counter)
Old 09-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

While I think Muk fits a bit better in the pollution theme, I think Swampert is a better choice if you actually want to make this a viable competitive team. Ground moves are pretty common so having that counter will probably be important!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:20 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
I'm aware of that, but that means no leftovers :<

Yeah, but which one D: Weezing is immune to Ground, but a Fire-Type could be just as handy.

Muk or Swampert for water pollution, guys? (I'm leaning towards Swampert as he's a solid Ground counter)
swampert is not a pollution pokemon, its like a mudfish and lives in naturally unpure water, its all natural, while muk truly represents water pollution

after all, most pollution representing pokemon are poison types, and poison types are weak to psychic and ground, those are gonna be your worst enemies

protip: why not go full speed with excadrill, you may be able to KO some ground or psychic type pokemon with its horn drill, and if you fail, excadrill is immune to ground, so you will survive a ground type attack and its resistant to psychic.