Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:27 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst
Default Re: The Hunger Games [RP]

Kiseki Kagami from District Four
Capitol

"Yeah." Caroline responded with a nod, and Kiseki stepped inside as she sat up on the bed. He cracked the door behind him to let some light remain in the room, but kept it closed enough so that it wouldn’t be easy to tell it was open. He was still wary of getting into trouble for coming in here, but at the same time he didn’t really care.

"Is everything okay?" It was obvious that Caroline was nervous when she spoke again, but since she was trying so hard not to show it, Kiseki didn’t mention it. Of course, who wouldn’t be nervous if the very person they were just expressing their fears about just so happened to come into the room right after?

Kiseki was silent for a few moments as he thought over what he had just heard Caroline say, trying to think of how he could relieve her of her fears. It was expected that she would be afraid of dying in the arena; he was terrified of that as well - heck, all of them probably were. But he didn’t want her to have to be afraid of her own partner. That had to be one of the worst feelings…

“I, uh… I heard you talking with Stefan just now…” The dark haired teen went straight to the point since he knew that dancing around the subject wouldn’t get him anywhere. After another short pause, he looked up to lock eyes with the blonde and finally spoke again. “I’m sorry that you feel that way because of me. I know how it must seem with my brother being in the Games as well, but I want you to know that I would never abandon you in the arena. Even if it did come down to the three of us, I wouldn’t kill you, and I wouldn’t let Ichiru do it either.” He finally offered a smile before continuing. “You’re my partner. We’re going into the arena together, and we’ll leave it together, too.”

Caitlyn Walker from District Seven
Capitol

After watching the Reapings earlier in the day, the train had arrived in the Capitol and Caitlyn had been immediately taken to meet her stylist and prep team who spent the longest time getting her ready for the Tribute Parade. She hated the whole ordeal, and was glad when it was all over.

However, she had barely gotten the time to recollect herself from the busy event before someone bumped into her, the impact nearly sending her crashing to the ground.

"Watch where you're going brat!" The male tribute from District Nine snarled down at her, and Caitlyn barely had time to process what had actually happened before he was in her face. "You did that on purpose!"

“I didn’t--”

"You going to say something brat? Or you going to hide away behind the Peacekeepers and everybody else because you're too scared to fight me? I'll even let you throw the first punch." He gave her a smirk, and the brunette’s hands drew into fists at her sides, although she didn’t move or say anything. "You're going to need to step up to the plate girly. Cowering away from me won't make you look good here. It'll make you a target. I'll enjoy making you suffer in the arena, or even right now if you want. Your dying breaths as you cry out for mummy to come save you will make it even more enjoyable. I'm afraid you're stuck here you strumpet."

Caitlyn opened her mouth to respond, but before she could say or even do anything, something suddenly blocked her view of Brandon. Once she realized that it was another tribute, Brandon was already on his knees, grasping his chest as he coughed and gasped for air.

"First off, you should treat women with more respect." The male who stood between Caitlyn and Brandon spoke up, although since his back was to her, Caitlyn still couldn’t tell who it was. "Second, trying to start a fight out here is stupid, save it for the arena. You're pathetic." He started to walk off, but stopped shortly after to glance back at Brandon with a smirk. “Enjoy unconsciousness.”

It was then that Caitlyn recognized him. He was Keiru Kozaka, the male tribute from District One - none other than the very tribute she had already decided to stay away from. However, no one could really blame someone for thinking that, with how he had appeared on screen.

He had already disappeared by the time this realization registered, and as Caitlyn watched the guards rush over to Brandon, who had fallen unconscious moments before, she couldn’t help but feel something like a pang of guilt. Somehow she felt badly for thinking the way she had of Keiru. It was possible that he had only given that appearance for the cameras, after all. It wasn’t unheard of.

She finally turned and headed back to where her room was located, deciding that the next time she saw Keiru she would thank him for defending her. She knew it was an especially dangerous thing to start or get involved in a fight here, since a tribute could be executed for such, and that made his actions just then stand out to her even more.

It wasn’t until Caitlyn neared her room that she realized she actually hadn’t wanted to come back inside. She was too restless to go to bed, or even to be in her room at all. There had been a way to get onto the roof which she had passed on her way to her room, so maybe she could just go up there…

Ichiru Kagami from District Three/ Caitlyn Walker from District Seven
Capitol - Roof

"I actually didn't know Aria and my younger brother were coming as well until after the Reaping. My parents just happen to be my mentors." Ashley gave Ichiru a small smile as she responded.

“Oh? That’s still a pretty lucky break.”

"He thinks I'm cute." Aria’s giggle brought a smile back to Ichiru’s face, this one more noticeable than the last.

"Well you are cute. You have my looks but your father's hair and freckles." Ashley’s words almost took it away, although Ichiru was careful not to show any obvious reactions. Somehow, knowing that these two had lost someone to the Games - and Aria at such a young age, too - really hit home. He knew all too well the feeling of losing someone important to you in the Games, even if in his case it had been a close friend and not an actual family member. However, if he didn’t protect Kiseki this year, that could very well be the case…

"I want to go down there and explore." Aria’s voice snapped Ichiru out of his thoughts, and he followed the toddler’s gaze to the city below.

"Maybe tomorrow grandma and grandpa could take you while I'm in training." Ashley responded, and shortly after her gaze shifted to Ichiru. "My name is Ashley, and this is Aria."

"And uncle Jeremy and uncle Kenny are inside." Aria added as she looked back at the dark haired teen as well. Ichiru was hesitant to respond, even though in just a few days everyone would know who he was anyway. These two seemed great and fun to be around, which was what frightened him. He didn’t want to end up getting close to them before the Games started only to have to kill Ashley or vise versa in the arena.

However, his silence was excused when Aria gave a yawn after speaking. As Ichiru listened to the two of them talk, his attention began to wander away when he sensed the presence of someone else. He scanned the rooftop, although with the dark shadows it was difficult to tell if anyone else was here with him. Of course, there was also the highly likely possibility that he was just being paranoid.

"Look's like we got a party going on up here."

A new voice made Ichiru turn to look at the door, where the male tribute from District One stood. "Where was my invite?"

"Just a bit of small-talk, that's all." Ashley responded coolly with a smile, although in Ichiru‘s case it was obvious he was wary of the other male. His wariness usually became defensiveness, but this time around, Ichiru managed to retain his composure. He saw Ashley gently grad Aria from the corner of his eye, turning his attention back to her just as she looked at him. "I should really get her settled in bed. I'll see you tomorrow though."

The dark haired teen gave a mere nod in response, watching her walk over to the door. He noticed another male - the tribute from District Thirteen - leave shortly after as well, which confirmed his suspicions from only moments before. He had noticed the same tribute glaring at Ashley and Jeremy after the Tribute Parade earlier in the day, which made it obvious now that he was targeting the two of them - specifically Ashley.

He glanced over to Keiru, not quite sure what to say or do. He was just about to finally speak when the door to the roof opened again, and a girl with short, brown hair stepped onto the roof. He recognized her as the female tribute from Seven, although she hadn’t really done anything that gave him any defining thoughts about her. He had left right before the scene with Brandon, so he had no idea what had happened.

She appeared startled upon seeing the two males already on the roof, although the shock appeared mostly directed at Keiru.

“I didn’t think I’d run into you again so quickly.” The way she spoke, she had already met him before. There was no hostility or fear in her tone, which surprised Ichiru somewhat. Despite this, he had the feeling of being a third wheel and decided to excuse himself. Normally, he wouldn’t have left someone alone with a tribute who had already made himself known as a threat, but somehow he could sense that the atmosphere between the two of them wasn’t bad.

Caitlyn watched the dark haired boy leave. She knew he had been one of the twins, but she didn’t know which one. She decided not to worry about it, and instead turned her gaze back to Keiru.

“I wanted to thank you for defending me earlier.” Somehow she found it difficult to look him in the eye as she spoke, although it was clear that her gratitude was sincere. “There’s no telling what he would have managed to do before the guards got to him, so I’m really grateful for that.”

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Old 09-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

Keiru Kozaka,District One
Capitol-Roof

Keiru simply remained silent as Ashley hurried to leave the roof, and his gaze turned to Ichiru who was still on the roof. He glanced away from Ichiru for a moment, spotting the tribute from District Thirteen leaving, and smirked.

"So, he thinks he's a secret agent of some sort?" Keiru thought, before turning to look at Ichiru.

Keiru was about to open his mouth to say something when he heard the door open behind him, and he looked round to see the girl he had helped earlier standing in the doorway, a shocked expression on her face, most likely from seeing him so soon again.

This was quickly confirmed. “I didn’t think I’d run into you again so quickly.”

Keiru smiled at her, before turning to look at Ichiru who had excused himself and quickly left. His attention returned to Caitlyn once the boy had left

“I wanted to thank you for defending me earlier.” Keiru smiled, though his smile faltered when he noticed that Caitlyn seemed to be avoiding eye contact with him, and a frown replaced his smile for a moment, before his face became content. “There’s no telling what he would have managed to do before the guards got to him, so I’m really grateful for that.”

Keiru remained silent for several moments, nodding his head as he pondered over his response, before a smile broke onto his features. "You don't have to worry about it. He was being disrespectful to you, and he obviously wanted to cause harm to you."

Keiru couldn't help but chuckle at his words. "Here's me talking about preventing harm when we're stuck in this game to kill one another." His expression dropped to one of sadness, his features softening as he studied Caitlyn's reactions to what he was saying.

"It's a shame we couldn't have met under better circumstances." Keiru sighed. "Forgive me, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Keiru Kozaka."

Keiru turned to gaze out at the Capitol, strolling over to the edge, and stared out at the scenery, before looking at Caitlyn, and smiling. "The view is really something else. This is my first time here in the Capitol, you know? Everybody talks about the Capitol, but it is so different and spectacular to actually see in person."

Keiru turned to face Caitlyn once more, a serious expression on his face as he folded his arms over his chest. "You were afraid of me before weren't you? You're still afraid of me now?"

Keiru raised his hands into the air, as if he were surrendering. "Look, I'm not going to hurt you at all. We aren't enemies yet." Keiru looked to the floor in sadness, before sighing, and started to walk towards the door, stopping several steps away from the door, before turning to look at Caitlyn.

"I hope to see such a beautiful flower as yourself more over these days before we go to the arena. Some sort of normalcy in our lives before our lives are torn apart by the Games." Keiru frowned, before turning to look at Caitlyn, and he remained silent for several moments, gazing intently at the girl, a large smile appeared on his face. "Look, the scenery has improved greatly now."

Keiru tilted his head, deep in thought, before nodding his head, and stepped forward, holding out his hand to Caitlyn, a sheepish grin on his face. "It's nice to meet you. Hopefully we'll be able to talk more soon, as you've brightened my day."

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.

Last edited by Kaioo; 09-02-2012 at 01:48 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:00 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima

Ashley Mellark and Jeremy Mellark from District Twelve
At The Capitol

Ashley and Aria returned safely to their floor as the two walked into the kitchen, seeing Katniss and Peeta sitting at the large kitchen table with each a glass of milk in hand.

"Well that was fast." Katniss commented as Aria gave out another yawn, the toddler sitting down on a chair at the table.

"She's tired." Ashley said with a small laugh as she gathered Aria's snack, putting the plate of apple slices and peanut butter in front of her along with a warm glass of milk.

"I'm not tired." Aria said stubbornly as she took a bite from one of the slices.

"Sure you aren't." Peeta laughed, giving his granddaughter a kiss on top of her head.

"I talked with another tribute briefly on the roof." Ashley said as she sat down.

"What happened?" Jeremy asked as he walked out of his room and into the kitchen, sitting by his sister.

"Nothing, just small-talk." Ashley responded. "He seemed really nice."

"Don't trust him, Ashley." Peeta said.

"Well it was one of the twins from either District Three or Four, and if it was the tribute from District Four then that means that he's Caroline's partner." Ashley responded.

"Just please be careful." Katniss said. "Remember, we aren't going to decide on allies until your father and I carefully watch how the rest of the tributes act around you." Ashley nodded.

"He just seemed very friendly." Ashley stated.

"Which could be part of his game. It's been known for a tribute to earn another tribute's trust and then turn on them at any time." Peeta reminded.

"I know." Ashley nodded, understanding that her parents were just trying to help her in any way they could.

"You and I have each other, which is the only team we need." Jeremy said, receiving a smile from Ashley. Aria was finished with her snack after a few minutes, giving everyone a goodnight kiss and following Ashley to a large bedroom with a very large bed. Ashley tucked in her daughter and then laid down next to her, looking at Aria with a smile.

"Do you want me to sing you a lullaby?" Ashley asked. Aria nodded, closing her eyes.

"The meadow one." Aria said. This was the same lullaby Katniss used to sing to Ashley, Jeremy and Kenny when they were younger.

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow.
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow.
Lay down your head, and close your eyes.
And when they open, the sun will rise.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away.
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray.
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay.
And when it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.
Here is the place where I love you."

Ashley had an soft, angelic singing voice, the brunette singing the song slow so it took about a little over two minutes to get through. When she was finished Aria had fallen asleep, bringing Ashley to smile as she kissed her daughter on the forehead, turned off the light and shut her own eyes.

Caroline Hawthorne from District Four
At The Capitol

“I, uh… I heard you talking with Stefan just now…” Kiseki responded after a few moments, bringing Caroline to tear her gaze away from him and look down on the bed. Caroline knew she should had kept her thoughts to herself from Stefan, looking back up at Kiseki as they locked eyes. “I’m sorry that you feel that way because of me. I know how it must seem with my brother being in the Games as well, but I want you to know that I would never abandon you in the arena. Even if it did come down to the three of us, I wouldn’t kill you, and I wouldn’t let Ichiru do it either.” Caroline looked at Kiseki in shock as he gave a smile. “You’re my partner. We’re going into the arena together, and we’ll leave it together, too.”

"I can't come between you and your brother though..." Caroline said, standing up from the bed and walking towards Kiseki. "Maybe it won't even come down between the three of us, so I guess I just need to calm down..." Caroline gave a small laugh, standing in front of Kiseki now. The curly haired blonde took Kiseki's hand and gave it a light squeeze, returning his smile. "Thank you for reassuring me that we truly are partners though. With the two of us working together then I'm sure we'll get to go home." Caroline released Kiseki's hand, though the relieved smile was still on her face.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:54 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Capitol - Roof

A few moments of silence followed Caitlyn’s words, although she saw Keiru give a nod in response.

"You don't have to worry about it. He was being disrespectful to you, and he obviously wanted to cause harm to you." Much to Caitlyn’s surprise, a smile came onto Keiru’s face as he finally responded to her. He gave a chuckle before continuing. "Here's me talking about preventing harm when we're stuck in this game to kill one another."

The smile that had started to tug at Caitlyn’s lips disappeared at the reminder of why they were really here, her own expression mirroring that of Keiru’s as he dropped his smile as well.

"It's a shame we couldn't have met under better circumstances." He sighed. "Forgive me, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Keiru Kozaka."

“Caitlyn Walker.” The brunette spoke for the first time since Ichiru had left, watching Keiru walk over to the edge of the roof.

"The view is really something else. This is my first time here in the Capitol, you know? Everybody talks about the Capitol, but it is so different and spectacular to actually see in person."

Caitlyn joined him at the edge, looking down at the festive lights below. It was true; the Capitol really was a remarkable place. It was a shame that the only reason they could enjoy this was because in a few days they were going to become the citizens’ entertainment.

"You were afraid of me before weren't you? You're still afraid of me now?" Caitlyn looked over to Keiru, who had turned his attention back to her, a serious expression on his face. She started to respond, but it was then that she realized that she didn’t really know herself. She assumed she was, but if that was the case, why was she still up here with him - and so close at that. You normally wouldn’t dare get in arm’s reach of someone you were afraid of, would you?

She pulled herself away from her thoughts when the dark haired male raised his hands into the air, as if in surrender.

"Look, I'm not going to hurt you at all. We aren't enemies yet." His gaze fell to the floor as a look of sadness returned to his face, and he gave a sigh before starting toward the door. Caitlyn started to say something, but stopped when he turned back around to look at her while still several steps away from the door. "I hope to see some a beautiful flower as yourself more over these days before we go to the arena. Some sort of normalcy in our lives before our lives are torn apart by the Games." He frowned, remaining silent for several moments as he simply gazed intently at the brunette. She had just begun to feel uncomfortable and was about to ask if anything was wrong when a large smile suddenly appeared on his face. "Look, the scenery has improved greatly now."

Caitlyn couldn’t help but smile at his words, if not just out of embarrassment. After another few moments of silence, Keiru gave a nod - apparently to one of his own thoughts - and stepped forward to offer her a hand.

"It's nice to meet you. Hopefully we'll be able to talk more soon, as you've brightened my day."

The brunette hesitated for reasons she didn’t know, somehow surprised at the sudden gesture. However, after a few moments, she cast all wary thoughts from her mind and returned his smile, stepping forward to shake the hand offered to her. Somehow she sensed that he really did mean no harm, and even if he did, would it really matter? She would probably die in the arena anyway.

“I hope so, too.” She finally spoke again. “Thanks again for earlier. It’s nice to meet someone like you in a place like this.”

Capitol

"I can't come between you and your brother though..." Kiseki watched as Caroline rose from the bed and walked over to him. Before he could say anything, she continued. "Maybe it won't even come down between the three of us, so I guess I just need to calm down..." The blonde gave a small laugh, which the dark haired teen couldn’t help but smile in response to, and took his hand. He felt his face begin to heat up for reasons unknown as she gave it a light squeeze and smiled at him. "Thank you for reassuring me that we truly are partners though. With the two of us working together then I'm sure we'll get to go home."

She released his hand, but even after her touch was gone, Kiseki’s cheeks still burned. He did his best to hide it, as well as his confusion over it. Why was he reacting this way when there was already someone back home who he supposedly liked?

He shook these thoughts away and the smile returned to his face as he looked back at Caroline. It was then that he remembered what Stefan had told him. Maybe it would further ease her worries if he shared it with her.

“Oh, I just remembered. When I was talking with Stefan earlier, he said that something is going to happen this year.” Kiseki’s cheerful expression broke off into one of thought as he tried to think of what their mentor had meant. “He said that he can’t talk about it, but that something was definitely going to happen; that we should just stay alive until the time came.” He thought back to how Stefan had glanced at the papers and shoved them in his pocket after mentioning the subject to Kiseki, and how he had brushed them off as nothing when Caroline had asked about them. Did they have something to do with what was going to happen?

“I think those papers he had has something to do with it…” Kiseki spoke his thoughts aloud to Caroline. “I wish we could somehow get a look, but he doesn’t seem to want anyone to see what’s on them.”

Old 09-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

At The Capitol

“Oh, I just remembered. When I was talking with Stefan earlier, he said that something is going to happen this year.” Kiseki responded a few moments later, his cheerful expression breaking off into one of thought. “He said that he can’t talk about it, but that something was definitely going to happen; that we should just stay alive until the time came.”

"What?" Caroline said in confusion.

“I think those papers he had has something to do with it…” Kiseki spoke. “I wish we could somehow get a look, but he doesn’t seem to want anyone to see what’s on them.”

"The papers..." Caroline was lost in thought as well, sitting on the edge of her bed. Caroline knew exactly what papers Kiseki was talking about, but if Stefan were planning something, wouldn't he tell her? A random memory suddenly hit Caroline, it taking place about four months ago.

Caroline was walking home from the ocean, dripping wet with a few fish piled up in a net which she had slung over her left shoulder. As the curly haired blonde walked up to her house and passed an open window she stopped, hearing voices coming from inside the house.

"The time to act is now, Gale." Stefan said in a hushed voice; him, Gale and Gale's wife Rikki stood in the kitchen.

"Are you sure? We don't want to strike too soon and have everything fall apart." Gale responded.

"Now is the perfect time. The Reaping is about four months away, and you lost one child to the Games already. What if Caroline gets picked for the next Hunger Games? Do you really want to risk your last child dying all because you were hesitating about striking?" Stefan said, bringing Caroline to kneel underneath the window in confusion. What on earth were they talking about? She slightly peeked through the window, wondering what was happening.

"Stefan is right, Gale." Rikki said, looking a lot like Caroline. "We can't just wait around any longer. The Districts from Three to Thirteen need to put their plan in motion and start this fight."

"It will take time to put everything together, but in the middle of the next Hunger Games then everything will start if we get started on the schedule right now." Stefan said, pulling out some papers from his pocket and handing them over to Gale. Gale looked them over for a few moments, nodding as he handed them back over to Stefan, who shoved them back into his pocket.

"Fine. I'll go contact Katniss and Peeta so we can get this thing rolling." Gale said with a nod.

"Oh my God..." Caroline said out loud as her mind returned back to the present, looking back to Kiseki in shock. "They're starting another Rebellion." Caroline shot up from the bed, quickly moving passed Kiseki and out of her room. She walked to Stefan's room in quick strides, opening the door without knocking as she saw Stefan laying in his bed watching television.

"Is everything okay?" Stefan asked in shock, sitting up on the bed.

"No, not really." Caroline said with her arms crossed, all of the floors being sound-proof so no one would hear them. "Why did you keep this from me?"

"Keep what?" Stefan asked, obviously confused now.

"The Rebellion!" Caroline yelled. Good thing for sound-proof walls and windows... "Four months ago I heard you talking with my parents about it, though I didn't put the pieces together back then. And now I hear that you told Kiseki that something was going to happen, which these special papers were involved, which let me finally piece together everything! Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"Kiseki told you about our conversation?" Stefan sighed, rising up to his feet and walked towards Caroline.

"I didn't tell you because I needed to protect you, Caroline. What if somehow the planning for the Rebellion got out to the Capitol, or to Districts One and Two? They would interrogate you, though you wouldn't know anything, and when they realized that then they would let you go. This is why it's been a secret throughout Districts Three through Thirteen, so you and Kiseki can't tell anyone. Kiseki can't even tell his own brother; not yet." Caroline looked down from Stefan's words, the male placing both hands on her shoulders as she looked back up to him. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, but you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone else."

"I promise." Caroline said with a nod.

"I'll tell you this like how I told Kiseki. The two of you just stay alive for as long as you can. During the middle of the Games all of the surviving tributes will be quickly evacuated by hovercrafts. We'll be in and out of the arena in less than fifteen seconds, so the Capitol won't have time to do anything. You and Kiseki just stick together, and try to make an alliance with other tributes as well." Caroline nodded at Stefan's words. "Like I said, don't tell any of the other tributes."

The next morning came as Caroline woke up in her large bed, last night's conversation bouncing around in her head. She couldn't believe that there was going to be another Rebellion, Districts Three through Thirteen going against Districts One, Two and the Capitol. It made perfect sense for Districts One and Two to not be part of the loop simply because they had very good connections with the Capitol, which was why those two Districts were the Career Districts.

Caroline knew she had to get ready for the day however, the curly haired blonde forcing herself out of bed and into the kitchen where she saw Stefan already awake, a cup of coffee in his hands. He took one look at Caroline and chuckled, bringing Caroline to cross her arms and scowl.

"What's so funny?" Caroline asked.

"Your hair looks like it was fighting with the pillow during the night, and the pillow won." Stefan responded. Caroline's cheeks instantly blushed as she hurried into the bathroom and closed the door to take a quick shower, then putting on a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt for training. After drying her curls and putting her hair up into a curly ponytail she stepped out of the bathroom, going back into her room so she could put on a pair of socks and black leather boots, the Capitol providing everything that the tributes needed.

"Better now?" Caroline asked as she walked towards the kitchen, Stefan looking back up to her.

"You looked just fine before." Stefan responded.

"But you sai--"

"I was just messing with you." Stefan cut Caroline off, smiling. "You always look beautiful." Caroline sighed, sitting down next to Stefan and filled her plate with all kinds of breakfast foods.

OOC: You guys can go ahead and go into the training session if you want to. I hardly got any sleep last night so I'm just doing Caroline's part and end it here ^^'
Old 09-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Kaioo Offline

Keiru&Amelia Kozaka,District One
Capitol-Roof>District One Room>Training Room

Keiru continued to smile, though noticed that Caitlyn hesitated for a moment, and he was curious as to why, but his smile remained as she returned the gesture, finally breaking the silence.

“I hope so, too.” She finally spoke again. “Thanks again for earlier. It’s nice to meet someone like you in a place like this.”

Keiru nodded his head, as the handshake ended, a smile still on his face as he gazed at Caitlyn, his attention on her eyes, and he was distracted for several moments as he looked into them, before regaining himself, his cheeks brightening to a shade of red, which he didn't notice.

"Bye for now." Keiru said, before turning and leaving the roof, and returned to District One's area, entering almost silently, and he sighed as he lost himself in thought.

"Looks like you had fun." Amelia said, smirking, causing Keiru to jump as he looked quickly at her, his eyes having widened slightly in shock. "Oh look, your cheeks are red, you must really have had fun."

Keiru looked at Amelia for several moments, his features contorted as he was deep in thought, but all he could muster was a quiet "Yeah."

Amelia's smirk seemed to grow even more. "I hope you enjoy yourself." Her expression then turned to a more serious one. "You're a smart thinker. Good tactic."

"Yeah... wait what?" Keiru asked, confused.

"You know, lulling that girl into a false sense of security around you, allowing for an easier kill? Good plan." Amelia stated in a matter of fact tone.

Keiru looked completely stunned, his expression dropping. "I'm not planning on doing any such thing."

Amelia seemed to be angered by this. "You can't get attached to any of the other tributes here! They're all enemies! You'll have to kill her! Or she'll kill you!"

"I will not kill her!" Keiru bellowed, his features contorted in rage.

"Then I will have to kill her when the time comes." Amelia responded, folding her arms over her chest.

Keiru was up in Amelia's face, forcing her to step backwards into the wall behind her, Keiru's arms either side of her, trapping her. "You will do no such thing!"

"Then you will end up being killed by her." Amelia said, staring straight into Keiru's eyes, as he dropped his arms, staring at the floor as sadness engulfed him.

He was at a loss as what to do. There was something about Caitlyn that he couldn't quite decipher that attracted him, and made him protective of her. He had acted without thinking when he had punched Brandon, reacting like he would if it were his sister that Brandon had been trying to start a fight with. He was still in a muddle over why he had exactly done it, and the more he thought about, the more confused he became, but he was able to conclude that he had always been respectful of women, and stood up for them. But still, there was something else about Caitlyn.

"Keiru, listen to me, you cannot and must not get attached to that girl! This is just some silly crush, you'll get over it! I hope, for the both of us, you get over it before we go into the arena. Otherwise, you're as good as dead, and I'll be left alone." Amelia explained, and Keiru looked at her in silence for several moments, before his eyes widened as he recalled something his father had said.

"It might not come down to that." Keiru said, causing Amelia to look at him in confusion.

"What do you mean it might not? It's certain to happen! She's from another District! There's no way we can survive and she survives!" Amelia growled, confused by her brother's sudden stupidity.

"When father visited me, he hinted at something happening." Keiru stated.

"What's happening?" a voice called out from the other end of the room, and Keiru and Amelia turned to look at the voice, seeing Richard standing in the room, a look of interest on his face.

Keiru hesitated for a moment, before responding. "I've formulated a plan to take out one of the tributes with a lot of ease. Get in on her good side, trick her into thinking I'm her friend, and when her guard is down, kill her."

Richard smiled. "Good plan Keiru. With thinking like that, you two will win this thing and return to District One as heroes! I am going back to my room, you two should go to sleep too."

With that, Richard returned to his room, Keiru watching him until he was sure he was gone, and turned back to look at his sister who was glaring at him.

"Why did you lie?" Amelia asked, but Keiru lifted a finger to his lips and pointed at where Richard had just disappeared.

"He has no idea of what is happening." Keiru responded in a hushed tone.

"What is happening?" Amelia whispered, still confused.

"Father hinted at something happening to bring the Games to an abrupt end." Keiru responded quietly, Amelia's eyes widening as she understood what was meant. "He's in league with whatever is going to happen."

"Didn't they learn from the last time? It just brought in a new regime that continued the Games." Amelia shook her head. "It will just end up being the same as last time."

Keiru gazed at Amelia for several moments. "I can't kill the girl Amelia. I don't know why, but there's something about her that's so mesmerizing and I can't even bring myself to think about killing her. I don't want her to die."

Amelia's eyes widened for several moments, before she composed herself, and nodded slowly. "It looks like your mind is already made up. The thing is, how exactly do you plan on doing anything? You don't know if any other tributes are in on this or not, or even when it's going to happen."

"I can tell Caitlyn." Keiru stated, but Amelia shook her head.

"She may be on the side of the Capitol." Amelia explained.

"How is she? Who would wa-" Keiru stopped himself, realizing the stupidity in his own words.

He didn't know if she was actually on the side of the Capitol or not. "Keiru, if you didn't like the girl, and you knew that there might be another rebellion then you'd be on the side of the Capitol right? The last one didn't do anything to get rid of the problems. It made them worse."

Keiru nodded in response, a sullen look on his face. "This time will be different, though I won't inform Caitlyn right now."

With that, Keiru started to walk towards his room, but was stopped by a hand on his shoulder, and he looked back at his sister. "Protect her then." Keiru nodded, before leaving his sister alone as he entered his room, collapsing on the bed and falling asleep within moments.

Keiru was awoken hours later by his sister who shook him awake, and he looked up at her in annoyance at having been woken up. "Get a shower and get some breakfast."

Keiru dragged himself to the bathroom with a spare set of clothes, dropping them on the floor in a heap as he stripped out of his clothes from the night before, and entered the shower. Several minutes later after having sufficiently washed himself, he stepped out, and quickly dried himself, throwing on the clean set of clothes, before something on the washbasin caught his eye, and he picked it up.

He looked at himself in the mirror, noting how his hair was shorter than when he had been at the Reaping, and he was still slightly shocked whenever he saw his own reflection. His hair was more reminiscent of Short Back and Sides now than his old hairstyle after the stylist had got to it. He looked down at the object in his hand, taking the top off, and scooping out some of the hair wax, before applying it to the longer part of his hair at the top of his head, and spiked it up.

Keiru placed the small pot back on the washbasin, and left the bathroom, his attention immediately drawn to the smell of bacon filling the air. He looked at his sister who was sat at the table, eating a Kumquat, and she smiled at him.

"That's your bacon." Amelia pointed to the kitchen area.

Keiru nodded, and walked over to the pan that held the bacon, and checked to see if the bacon was done, before using a spatula to move the pieces of bacon onto a plate he had grabbed, and made his way back to the table, sitting down across from his sister, and looked at the rest of the food on the table. He grabbed a piece of bread as well as a Dragon-fruit, making himself a bacon sandwich which he quickly devoured as well as the Dragon-fruit.

Keiru stood up once he was finished, attracting Amelia's attention. "I'm going in early for some training, see you in a bit."

Amelia nodded, watching him leave as she continued to eat the piece of bread in her hand. Keiru wandered the halls, until he came to the doors leading to the training room, and surveyed the room, spotting a dummy off to the side, and approached it, stopping in front of it, before lifting his hands up in front of him, "protecting" his face, and delivered an uppercut to the dummy, before following through with a right hook, and fell into a pattern of throwing jabs followed by a hook or two, and the occasional uppercut at the dummy.

OOC: Keiru's new hair- click

I will add the others to this post later... or maybe in my next post, since this one is already humongous.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:20 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Capitol

"Oh my God..." After a few moments of silence, Caroline finally spoke, bringing Kiseki to look at her in question as she looked at him with a shocked expression. "They're starting another Rebellion."

“Another what? Caroline--” Kiseki cut off when the blonde quickly moved passed him and out of the room, turning to follow her down the hall.

"Why did you keep this from me?"

He arrived at the doorway to what appeared to be Stefan’s room as Caroline was speaking, seeing the blonde standing in front of Stefan with her arms crossed.

"Keep what?" Stefan was obviously confused when he responded.

"The Rebellion!" Caroline‘s yell surprised Kiseki, but he didn‘t show it outwardly, instead listening to the conversation that followed. "Four months ago I heard you talking with my parents about it, though I didn't put the pieces together back then. And now I hear that you told Kiseki that something was going to happen, which these special papers were involved, which let me finally piece together everything! Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"Kiseki told you about our conversation?" Stefan gave a sigh and rose to his feet. Kiseki was just about to speak up to defend himself, since Stefan hadn’t told him not to tell anyone else, but stopped when the older male continued. "I didn't tell you because I needed to protect you, Caroline. What if somehow the planning for the Rebellion got out to the Capitol, or to Districts One and Two? They would interrogate you, though you wouldn't know anything, and when they realized that then they would let you go. This is why it's been a secret throughout Districts Three through Thirteen, so you and Kiseki can't tell anyone. Kiseki can't even tell his own brother; not yet." He put his hands on Caroline‘s shoulders as Kiseki frowned, not exactly pleased with not being able to provide Ichiru with any mental relief for the situation yet. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, but you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone else."

Kiseki turned and left then, thankful to have not been noticed during the conversation. The revelation that districts Three through Thirteen were planning a rebellion was a bit much to take in all of a sudden, and it made it worse that he couldn’t tell anyone. But then again, it also made sense to keep quiet about it to the other tributes. Once they were in the arena, everything they said and did would be televised, so if word of a rebellion was spread amongst the tributes, the Capitol would hear it and put a stop to it. Even here, they were probably being closely monitored outside their rooms. But at least there was hope now. All they had to do was stay alive and round up as many allies as they could, and when the time came they would all be taken out somehow. It sounded easy enough, but this was the Hunger Games they were talking about… nothing would be easy in that arena.

Morning crept up on the restless teen much more quickly than expected. He had spent a lot of the night in thought, and had barely gotten any sleep. He was actually almost happy to see the sunlight that flooded his room first thing in the morning, which meant that he could get up and leave this room which had suddenly become so suffocating. The thought to wander around in the middle of the night had come to him, but in the end he had dismissed it. What would he have done besides pacing the hall, anyway?

After a shower and a change of clothes, Kiseki made his way down to the kitchen, where he saw Caroline and Stefan already at the table and eating. For reasons unknown to him, he almost turned back around and left, but the persistent rumbling of his stomach told him that if he didn’t eat something he was going to have a rough day. He had ignored it the day before, which had made it all the more insistent today.

He managed a meek greeting to the two as he entered the room and retrieved some food from the table, taking a seat across from them. He didn’t know why, but somehow he felt so out of place all of a sudden. Maybe it was just the effects of his lack of sleep? It had to be something. It wasn’t like him to feel uncomfortable around people - especially when they had done nothing to make him feel that way.

Capitol - Roof > Capitol > Training Room

“So, any strategies besides just staying alive?” The next morning, Caitlyn sat with Jason and Daniel once again as the trio had their breakfast.

Daniel looked at Jason for a moment before giving a chuckle.

“I think I can add a bit more to it. First of all, find some tributes to form an alliance with. The more of you there are, the more likely you are to survive the rest of the game.”

“But… wouldn’t we just have to kill them at the end?” Caitlyn asked as a frown came onto her face. Daniel’s expression mirrored her own for a moment before his smile returned.

“Don’t worry about that. Just find as many tributes for your alliance as you can. Also, when you’re released from your platforms, do not charge straight toward the Cornucopia. There’s a reason it’s called a Bloodbath, you know.”

“But then, how do we get our weapons for survival?” Jason questioned. “The best ones will be picked first.”

“A real survivor can manage with anything handed to them.” Daniel replied, and this time Jason was the one to frown. “Your main concern should be water, food, and warmth. Several tributes die just from starving or freezing to death, or more commonly, dehydration. Those are bigger threats to you than the rest of the tributes.”

“But in order to get food, we would need weapons.” Jason argued, and although Caitlyn was quiet, she agreed. She knew there would most likely be wild animals in the arena, but how could they kill them without weapons? It would be a bit difficult to do it with their hands, and she personally preferred not to.

“Just trust me.” Daniel appeared to be getting exasperated. Jason dropped the conversation with a sigh, and the room fell into silence as the trio went back to eating their breakfast.

Caitlyn had already fallen deep into thought shortly after Daniel mentioned finding allies. There was one specific person who she would like to be in an alliance with, but she was still worried about the fact that toward the end of the Games they would be expected to kill each other. The way Jason had smiled when he replied to her made it seem like he knew something they didn’t - something good. If that was the case, why wasn’t he sharing it with them?

The brunette rose from her seat after she had finished her breakfast, bringing both Jason and Daniel to look at her in question.

“I’m gonna head down to the Training Room early.”

“That’s a good idea. You might be able to get some individual training finished before the other tributes arrive.” Daniel spoke with a smile, although a frown had returned to Jason’s face.

“Try not to get into another fight.” He smirked at Caitlyn, who looked at him with something akin to a glare. “Tributes seem to be targeting you for some reason.”

“Maybe they see me as more of a threat than you.” The brunette responded with a smirk, the sharp, defensive edge of her personality emerging without her realizing. “You’ve been pretty invisible to them so far. Though that’s probably a good thing.”

“I imagine it is.” Jason remained calm despite the girl’s subtle insult. He had already figured out in their short time around each other here that Caitlyn had a harsher side to her personality that unexpectedly came out when she felt defensive or threatened. “I would offer to come with you, but you probably don’t want that, do you?” He didn’t give her time to respond, instead flashing her a smile. “If something happens, I’ll be the one to save you. Can’t have my partner dying before the Games even begin, now can I?”

“Gee, thanks for your concern.” Jason chuckled as Caitlyn turned around and left, and Daniel gave a sigh.

“Don’t tease her too much, Jason. You don’t want to get on her bad side and ruin your partnership.”

“Ah, she’ll be fine.”

Caitlyn walked into the training room only moments later, finding it empty, as expected. She looked at all of the stations; all of which taught different skills and techniques for survival in the Games. It was a good thing they got a decent amount of time to work with them all.

It wasn’t until a few moments later of surveying the room that the brunette finally heard something. She looked in the direction of the sounds to see a punching bag - along with another male. At first she didn’t recognize him because his hair was different, and she didn’t remember seeing a tribute with such a style, but when she caught a glimpse of his face, she realized it was none other than Keiru. She couldn’t help but give a soft sigh of relief at the realization, having begun to get tense after thinking she was here alone with another stranger.

OOC: I apologize for cutting Caitlyn's post off suddenly, but I couldn't think of anything for her to say, and I've already taken long enough to post as it is >< I'll do Michael's and Ichiru's in my next one.

Last edited by DarkAmethyst; 09-10-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

At The Capitol

Caroline gave Kiseki a smile as he entered the kitchen, seeing that he was showered and dressed. Stefan gave a smile of his own as well, though he took out a small piece of paper and pen from his pocket and quickly wrote something, then sliding it across the table to the two tributes. Caroline looked at Stefan in confusion, then down at the paper which said 'Don't mention anything about the Rebellion right now because of the Avoxes. We were lucky that they weren't in the room last night, but now they're here. If they find out then they will notify the Capitol in hopes of being free from their slavery.' Caroline pushed the note towards Kiseki, giving Stefan a nod as she ate a piece of bacon.

"When should we go down to training?" Caroline asked as the prep team walked in. Caroline gave Kiseki a few more moments to read the paper until she handed it back to Stefan, the curly haired blonde not sure if the rest of the group knew about the Rebellion.

"Well all of the tributes have to be down there by ten, but they could go down earlier as well." Stefan responded, pushing the paper in his pocket. Caroline nodded, taking a sip of orange juice. Once she was finished she stood up, an Avox taking her emptied plate.

"I'm gonna start heading down there." Caroline said.

"Okay. I'll be down there in about fifteen minutes." Stefan responded.

"Why are you coming?" Caroline asked in confusion.

"Because the mentors can watch with the Gamemakers and Sponsors as well." Stefan said as Caroline nodded, leaving the room and taking the elevator down to the training center, which was underground. During the years the training center has greatly increased in size, adding a full running track which circled the entire room and even had an in-ground Olympic sized pool. When Caroline reached the training center she noticed that there were only two other tributes present at the moment, though her eyes quickly found the pool, her body moving towards it before she could stop herself.

The curly haired blonde knelt down by the edge of the pool and placed her hand in the water, feeling the water's coolness as she looked at the liquid. Caroline couldn't help herself, getting the okay from the lifeguard that was sitting in a white chair on the other side of the pool and walked into the female's changing room, where brand new one-piece bathing suits were provided. Caroline walked out a few moments later in a one-piece light blue bathing suit, her hair still tied back as she dived in the water. She knew that she shouldn't show her advanced skills to other tributes of her advanced swimming and being able to hold her breath for a really long time, so she just swam laps in only half pace then what she was used to, pretending to work on her swimming skills. Caroline knew not to be in the pool for too long however since she knew she needed to go to stations where she needed actual practice in, so she would only do a few laps and enjoy the water.

Ashley Mellark and Jeremy Mellark from District Twelve/ Matt Wilson from District Thirteen
At The Capitol

The next morning came as Ashley opened her eyes, seeing Aria still fast asleep right beside her. Ashley knew that her daughter needed to wake up soon to get ready for the day, though she looked so peaceful in her sleep. Ashley decided to let the toddler sleep, slowly slipping out of bed and walking out of the room, quietly closing the door behind her. When the brunette walked into the kitchen she saw that everyone was already awake and eating, bringing her to look at the group in confusion.

"What time is it?" Ashley asked.

"A little passed eight." Kenny responded.

"Oh... I thought it was later since everyone is awake." Ashley sighed in relief, sitting down next to her father and putting three waffles on her plate.

"How did Aria sleep?" Katniss asked as Ashley was putting vanilla ice cream and whipped cream on top of her waffles, along with chocolate syrup and cherries.

"She was out like a light." Ashley responded with a chuckle. "I sang her the meadow lullaby and she fell right to sleep."

"That's good." Peeta said as he bit into a strawberry.

"I'm gonna be watching her today while you guys do whatever it is you have to do." Kenny said. "I know Ashley and Jeremy are going to be busy in training while mom and dad are going to be talking with sponsors and all that fun stuff."

"Just be sure to keep a close eye on her. Aria can be very sneaky when she wants to be." Jeremy said.

"Hmm, I wonder where she gets that from." Peeta commented as he looked over to Ashley, who had a large piece of waffle shoved in her mouth.

"What?" Ashley mumbled, chewing and swallowing her food.

"Nothing." Jeremy chuckled.

"Mommy!" Aria's scream quickly filled the room, bringing everyone to rush out of their chairs and race to the bedroom. "Mommy!" Aria cried again, Ashley reaching the door first as she swung it open, seeing Aria standing up on the bed.

"What's wrong?" Ashley asked as she quickly crossed the room and wrapped her arms around the toddler, who was trembling.

"I woke up and you weren't here... I thought you were gone in the Games." Aria responded, crying in Ashley's shoulder.

"Shh, it's okay. Mommy's here." Ashley said softly as she ran her fingers through Aria's hair. The rest of the group knew to give Ashley and Aria space, returning to the kitchen while Ashley calmed down her daughter. After a few minutes of reassuring the toddler that everything was okay Ashley carried her to the kitchen, Aria's eyes puffed red from crying as Ashley sat her down in a chair.

"Can I have oatmeal?" Aria asked in a soft tone, the toddler still a bit upset.

"Of course." Ashley said with a small smile, putting some cinnamon oatmeal in a bowl and mixing some milk into it to cool it down. "Do you want some fruit on top?" Aria nodded, pointing at some blueberries, apple slices which were cut into cubes, strawberry slices and cranberries. Ashley placed the fruit on top of the oatmeal and sat in down in front of Aria, handing her a spoon as the toddler silently ate. After pouring Aria a glass of apple juice she sat down between her daughter and father, beginning to eat her breakfast again.

"At least Aria is having a healthy breakfast, unlike some people at this table." Jeremy chuckled as he looked at Ashley, trying to brighten Aria's mood.

"Waffles are a very good breakfast." Ashley laughed as Aria looked up.

"Yeah, minus the ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate syrup." Katniss joined in.

"Hey! There's cherries in here which is healthy." Ashley responded, bringing Aria to finally laugh. Once Jeremy and Ashley were finished with breakfast the two got dressed, changing into comfortable work-out clothes and boots, Ashley tying her hair up in a ponytail.

"Why can't I come too?" Aria asked as she was finishing with her oatmeal.

"Because I don't want you near the other tributes." Ashley responded. "That could put you in serious danger if they have a strong grudge against Jeremy and I."

"But I want to come and watch!" Aria said with a pout, bringing Ashley to walk over to the kitchen table and kneel down beside her daughter.

"I promise I'll be back in a few hours for lunch. All of the tributes are forced to eat lunch together in the main hall so when we have lunch later I'll be able to keep a close eye on you." Ashley said, giving her daughter a kiss on the cheek. "Now you listen to uncle Kenny, okay?"

"Okay." Aria nodded, Ashley giving her a kiss one last time before standing up and walking out of the room with Jeremy, Peeta and Katniss.

"Now remember what we said. Don't show your true skills in front of the other tributes." Peeta said in the elevator. His children nodded, the group walking into the training center. It was a little after nine in the morning but it looked like now almost all of the tributes were here, bringing Ashley's gaze to fall on a familiar blonde by the pool who was getting out of the water.

"There's Caroline." Ashley said, looking over to her parents. They gave a nod of approval, Ashley and Jeremy walking towards Caroline as Peeta and Katniss sat high in the stands to watch over everything.

"Hey stranger." Jeremy called out as Caroline turned around, a smile going across her face.

"Hey." Caroline said, ringing the water out of her hair. Ashley's gaze fell to the water in the pool, fear washing over her but didn't let it show. Ashley wasn't able to swim, water being her major weakness and fear.

"How long have you been down here?" Ashley asked as she turned back to Caroline.

"For a little while now. I couldn't resist the water as soon as I saw it." Caroline chuckled. It was then that the thought of Ashley talking to one of the twins last night came to mind, the brunette wanting to know who she was talking to.

"What's the boy's name from your District?" Ashley asked in curiosity.

"His name is Kiseki. Why?" Caroline asked.

"Last night, did he go up onto the roof around eleven?"

"No." Caroline shook her head. "Him and I were talking at that time."

"Then I guess it was his brother who I was talking to. His brother Ichiru." Ashley said.

"Was he being mean or something?" Caroline asked.

"He wasn't." Ashley shook her head with a smile. "I just wanted to know which twin I was talking to last night." Caroline smiled, nodding her head as she began to walk towards the female's changing room.

"I'm gonna go change back into my normal clothes, so I'll see you guys later." Caroline said, Ashley and Jeremy nodding as they turned around and walked away.

"So what station do you want to start first?" Jeremy asked, the two looking around. Ashley's gaze instantly fell on Matt who held a spear in his hand, giving Ashley a smirk.

"Let's, umm... go over to the knot-tying section." Ashley responded, the station being on the opposite side of the room then where Matt was. Jeremy nodded, the two siblings walking over to the station and paid attention to what the instructor was saying to them.

"Coral." Matt said as he looked over to his partner, the red haired female tribute from his District.

"Yeah?" Coral asked, her hair only going down to her shoulders, though she was really pretty.

"How about the two of us focus on killing the rich brats over there." Matt said as he looked up to Jeremy and Ashley, Coral looking up as well. She smiled evilly, looking back to Matt.

"That sounds perfect." Coral responded.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Kaioo Offline

Keiru&Amelia Kozaka,District One/Brandon Lockhart,District Ten
At Capitol-Training Room

Keiru heard a sigh of relief in the near silent room, and turned to see Caitlyn standing in the room, a smile rising on his face when he saw her. He was about to make his way over to talk to her when the other tributes started to arrive, and he instead walked over to his sister who had arrived.

"How'd the training go then thus far?" Amelia asked, smiling.

Keiru merely shrugged in response before smiling in return, his gaze falling onto the archery area, and looked back at his sister after making a decision.

"Hey, I'll be fine, I'll go do things like fire-making, knot-tying, things like that." Amelia muttered, walking away, leaving Keiru on his own.

He shook his head, a smile on his face, and began walking towards where he could do archery, walking in the direction of Caitlyn, and it was as he came alongside her that a shout filled the room.

"Look out!" Brandon called, trying to feign an accident after purposely aiming a throwing knife at Caitlyn, the knife intended for her shoulder, to incapacitate her and make her useless in the arena, but it was now actually heading for her neck.

Before it could make contact, Keiru had grabbed the hilt of the throwing knife, and twiddled with it in his fingers, before flinging it back at Brandon, and it embedded in the dummy at his rear. Keiru flashed a smirk on his face as he turned his head to make sure Caitlyn was unharmed, before arriving at the archery range, picking up a bow and a quiver, and readied the bow and arrow, taking aim, and releasing the arrow, the arrow landing just below the center of the target.

Brandon meanwhile shot glares at Keiru, before turning his head back to the dummy he had been facing, which he had chosen for the specific reason of "accidentally" throwing a knife at Caitlyn who he had seen standing at the perfect position for such a thing to happen, though he was now cursing mentally as he couldn't throw another one at her, it'd be too suspicious.

Amelia was busy at the knot-tying section, not lifting her head up when Ashley and Jeremy turned up, listening to the instructor explain knot-tying to them. She worked through a varying number of simple knots, before working her way towards more advanced knots.

Christian Wright,District Nine
Capitol-Training Room

Christian had settled himself into using a sword, trying to get the hang of things, when a shout filled the air, and he turned his head to see Keiru catch a knife in mid-flight, before throwing it precisely into the head of the dummy behind the person who had thrown the knife in the first place. Christian raised an eyebrow in interest. Keiru had caught the knife whilst walking and not even looking at it, before throwing the knife with remarkable aim into the head of a dummy a good distance away.

He was not one to be taken lightly, Christian could work that much out. How much of a threat exactly, that was still unknown. He appeared to be quite strong, as well as agile, and a punch from him would not be something good, Christian having noticed him boxing earlier. When he saw Keiru pick up a bow and just narrowly miss the center, he knew that the tribute was well-rounded in his skills. Christian turned to look at his partner, smiling softly.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:06 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Kiseki Kagami from District Four/ Ichiru Kagami from District Three/Caitlyn Walker from District Seven
Capitol > Training Center

No words were spoken yet, but Kiseki had seen the smiles Caroline and Stefan gave him before the latter took a small piece of paper and a pen and quickly wrote down something. Kiseki looked at him in confusion as he slid it toward them. Caroline took a few moments to her it herself, then pushed it toward Kiseki.

'Don't mention anything about the Rebellion right now because of the Avoxes. We were lucky that they weren't in the room last night, but now they're here. If they find out then they will notify the Capitol in hopes of being free from their slavery.'

"When should we go down to training?" Caroline was the first to speak after Kiseki had given Stefan a silent nod in response to the note.

"Well all of the tributes have to be down there by ten, but they could go down earlier as well." Stefan responded as Caroline returned the note to him. He pushed it into his pocket as the blonde nodded and took a sip of orange juice. Kiseki knew there were questions he needed to ask, but none of them would come to mind - and the ones currently on it couldn’t be spoken.

He finished around the same time as Caroline and decided to head down to the training center with her. All of the tributes supposedly trained there together, so that meant he would be able to see Ichiru. The thought instantly perked him up as he followed Caroline and Stefan - who had informed them that mentors could accompany their tributes to the training center - down the hall.

Open arrival, only two other tributes were there; the girl from District Seven and the boy from District One. The latter was practicing with the punching bag while the girl appeared to have not decided on what to do yet. Kiseki’s gaze fell on the pool only seconds after Caroline, but although he was tempted as well, he didn’t join her in swimming.

The other tributes arrived shortly after they had, and just as Caroline was getting out of the pool and Kiseki was debating on a training station, Ashley and Jeremy approached Caroline. Kiseki thought about leaving politely to allow them to talk, but just as he was about to do so, he heard Ashley ask if he had been up on the roof the night before.

“No.” Caroline responded. “Him and I were talking at that time.”

“Then I guess it was his brother I was talking to. His brother Ichiru.” Kiseki was surprised that Ichiru had already spoken with someone else. Hopefully he hadn’t been threatening her or something…

“Was he being mean or something?” Caroline asked the question on Kiseki’s mind, and Ashley had a smile on her face when she responded.

“He wasn’t. I just wanted to know which twin I was talking to last night.”

It was both shocking and a relief that Ichiru was being friendly. Considering how he had been since Amber’s death, it was very strange to see him being so social.

Kiseki decided to wait for Caroline to return from changing to decide which training station to go to with her, but only a few moments into waiting he spotted a familiar dark haired boy across the room. He didn’t have to call out to him upon recognizing him, for he had already spotted him as well and was at his side in seconds.

“It’s both good and bad to see you here.” Kiseki said as his twin gave a chuckle, trying his hardest not to make a big deal out of their reunion and attract attention. However, the big smile on his face was impossible to get rid of despite his best efforts.

“I’ll say. The odds certainly weren’t in our favor this year, huh?” A grimness grew in Ichiru’s voice as he spoke, although he pushed it away again to smile at his brother. Kiseki wanted to tell him that there was hope; that if they could just survive long enough they would be saved, but he knew he couldn’t. It was good enough to be able to see him again - especially with the knowledge that they could make it through this if they just managed to survive.

“I heard you made a friend last night.” Kiseki spoke again, deciding to wait until they weren’t in such a public place to ask Ichiru about life with James. He couldn’t help but smile when the older twin’s gaze flickered over to the brunette at the knot-tying station, although judging from his amusing expression, he knew he would attempt to deny it in some form or other.

“I wouldn’t say…” He trailed off, and Kiseki sensed that somehow he couldn’t bring himself to bluntly deny it like he normally would. “I don’t think we talked long enough to determine that.” He looked at Kiseki with a smirk then. “What about you? I figured you would have befriended all twenty-four other tributes before seeing me again.”

Kiseki gave a light laugh in response.

“Not really… Somehow it’s harder to socialize here.”

“Maybe because we’re all going to be thrown into an arena to kill each other in a few days?”

“…Yeah…”

"Look out!" Caitlyn had just decided to start with the archery station when Brandon’s voice rang out. She turned quickly to see that a knife was headed straight for her, but before she could dodge it or even brace for the hit, Keiru was suddenly in front of her and had caught the knife. Caitlyn could only watch in shock as he twiddled it with his fingers before flinging it back at Brandon. The blade embedded itself in the head of a dummy on his flank, leaving the male probably as equally shocked as Caitlyn.

A temporary hush seemed to have fallen over the room during the event; even Ichiru and Kiseki had stopped their conversation to watch what had happened.

“I never thought that it was possible to be killed before the Games even start…” Kiseki said softly as he watched Caitlyn, now recovered from the shock, finally follow her original choice and go to the archery range.

“It’s to be expected, though.” Ichiru responded as he looked at Brandon, who was glaring at Keiru. Matt and Brandon both seemed to have similar objectives, but with different people. The two of them were definitely threats, and obviously shouldn’t be taken lightly.

Caitlyn walked over to the archery range, which Keiru had coincidentally decided to choose as well. She still wondered why he was going through all of the trouble to keep her from harm, but she couldn’t really complain, could she?

“It seems like every time we see each other, you have to save me.” She spoke up as she picked up a bow and stood beside him, offering a smile when she finally looked over to him. “Thanks again.”

Michael Knight from District Two
Training Center

Michael had come in just in time to see what happened with Keiru and Brandon, which he had to admit had surprised him. Judging from the glares Brandon was giving Keiru afterward, he assumed it hadn’t been an accident. His gaze fell on the girl who had been the target for this ‘accident’, and had to wonder why he was targeting her. He had seen what had happened the night before, where he had tried to start a fight with her after the Tribute Parade. What was it about her that he felt so threatened or irritated by?

The blonde dismissed the thoughts, deciding not to dwell on it too much for now. His eyes fell on the swordsmanship station, but he knew that since swordsmanship was his greatest skill, he couldn’t do that until his private training sessions. He couldn’t let the other tributes see his skill before the arena and give them time to plot ways to defend it. Instead, he chose to go to the knot-tying station, which was actually one of the few things he hadn’t practiced with much at all in his life.

He noticed the twins had met up near the pool, and the nagging thought of conspiring districts came back to mind, but he pushed it away. Even if that was the case, these two didn’t appear to know about it, and for reasons unknown to him, he wanted to form an alliance with them. Of course, in order to do that he would have to speak with them first, which he was having trouble doing so far, but he would get around to it.

He walked over to the knot-tying station where three others already were; both tributes from District Twelve and the female tribute from One. He took his place beside the latter, offering a smile before busying himself first with the simpler knots.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Caroline Hawthorne from District Four/ Ashley Mellark and Jeremy Mellark from District Twelve/ Matt Wilson from District Thirteen
At The Capitol/ Training Center

Caroline had just walked out of the changing room when hearing a commotion, seeing that somehow a knife had been thrown at the female tribute from District Seven. Ashley and Jeremy paused at what they were doing as well, the twins looking at Amelia for a moment in confusion before looking back over to Caitlyn. Caroline locked eyes with Ashley then, an act to actually protect each other from harm due to their childhood friendship becoming apparent. Once it seemed like nothing else was going to happen from the situation however Ashley and Jeremy returned to their knots, bringing Caroline to walk over to Kiseki and Ichiru. In the changing room Caroline was able to dry and tie back her hair again, so at least her curls weren't wet.

"Hey." Caroline offered a smile, looking from Kiseki to Ichiru. "My name's Caroline." Caroline's gaze fell back over to Ashley and Jeremy for a few moments, then back to Kiseki. "I'm gonna let you and your brother catch up. I don't want to be a third-wheel for you two. I'll come find you in an hour or so so we can train together." Caroline offered one of her sweet smiles again, looking at both twins before turning and making her way over to Ashley and Jeremy. The two saw Caroline and instantly smiled, standing up and both giving Caroline a tight hug. The three then looked up in the stands where Peeta and Katniss sat, the two smiling as well before turning their attention back to Stefan.

"Isn't that your mentor?" Jeremy asked, seeing that Stefan was talking to Katniss and Peeta.

"Yeah." Caroline responded with a nod. "Your parents are probably just telling Stefan that the three of us are childhood friends so he doesn't get alarmed or something."

"That makes sense." Ashley said with a light chuckle, though Caroline knew what the three where whispering about. The three then sat back down and started working on knot-tying as well as snares, Ashley looking up at Amelia and Michael a few times with a kind smile. Jeremy was in the middle of cutting a piece of wire with a knife when Caroline's arm accidentally bumped into his, causing the knife to slip and sliced his left palm open.

"I'm really sorry Jeremy." Caroline said in shock, his hand pooling with blood.

"It's fine." Jeremy sighed, though he offered Caroline a smile before the three stood up, the small group beginning to walk towards the exit of the training center.

"We should go get that stitched up." Ashley suggested.

"It's fine. I'll just go wash it in the bathroom." Jeremy responded.

"No Jeremy." Caroline shook her head. "I'll go walk him to the infirmary down the hall. Ashley can stay here and keep on training."

"Are you sure?" Ashley asked as she looked at Caroline.

"Yeah it's fine." Caroline nodded. Ashley smiled, nodding as well as she watched the two leave the training center. When Ashley turned around however Peeta was quickly striding towards her, a worried expression on his face. You could hardly notice the limp Peeta had from when he lost his left leg in the 74th Hunger Games, his leg being replaced with an prosthetic limb.

"What happened?" Peeta asked.

"It's fine, dad." Ashley responded. "Jeremy cut his hand so Caroline is just taking him to the infirmary." Peeta nodded, giving his daughter a light kiss on the cheek and then walked back up to the stands. Ashley began to walk back towards the knot-tying station until she saw Matt beginning to walk towards her, Ashley's guard instantly going up.

"Well hello." Matt said with a smirk.

"Hi." Ashley responded, walking away from the station as Matt followed her.

"So, 'The Girl On Fire', don't you just love your little nickname?" Matt teased.

"That's not really my image. I'm not my mother." Ashley said coolly, turning her attention to her parents as they just stared at Ashley in alarm now. Matt followed her gaze, looking at Katniss and Peeta for a few moments before turning his attention back to Ashley.

"Okay then, how does it feel to have your entire family here for the Games? How much did you have to pay the Capitol for that one?" Matt challenged. Ashley stopped walking and looked at him, a glare in her eyes.

"We didn't pay anyone. They were just allowed to come." Ashley responded with a low growl. Matt quickly pinned Ashley against the wall they were next to and looked at her, Peeta instantly rising to his feet. Katniss pulled him back down by his arm however, knowing that Ashley needed to settle this problem on her own; unless things got out of hand, of course.

"Really? So both your parents being mentors had nothing to do with it?" Matt growled back.

"Shouldn't you be a little happier that my parents were able to change Hunger Games history? Two victors are allowed now if both come from the same District thanks to them, so you and your partner have a better chance at winning." Ashley said with a glare.

"But what's the point of that when you and your brother already have a bunch of sponsors waiting at your altar?" Ashley stubbornly looked away when knowing that was probably true, that her and Jeremy probably had a bunch of sponsors all because of their last name alone.

"I didn't ask for that." Ashley looked back up to Matt.

"Whatever. Just so you know though, my partner and I had made you and Jeremy our number one targets to kill. Looks like your little daughter will lose both her parents to these Games." Anger flared up in Ashley from Matt's words as she tried to lunge for him, though he was stronger and kept her in place.

"Don't even mention Aria." Ashley growled, bringing Matt to smile from her reaction.

"I'll see you in the arena." Matt then let Ashley go and walked away, the brunette looking at the male in pure hatred as she tried to gather herself. Her attention fell over to the knife throwing station, needing to release all that rage she felt. Ashley quickly walked over to the station and picked up three throwing knives with one hand, throwing them at the same dummy all at once and watched as the knives pierced the head, heart and stomach in the bulls-eyes, her and Matt locking eyes as Matt smiled. Ashley didn't mean for one of her advanced skills to be revealed as a lot of the tributes were looking at her and the dummy in amazement, though it was too late now.

"Mommy?" Aria's voice filled the training center as Ashley looked around the room in shock, her eyes falling on Aria a few moments later as the training center now fell completely silent.

"Aria?" Ashley's jaw dropped.

"Mommy! There you are!" Aria said in excitement as she ran towards Ashley, the brunette walking towards her daughter and knelt down; she knew all eyes must be on her now but didn't acknowledge it.

"What are you doing here?" Ashley asked. "Where's uncle Kenny?"

"When he went to the bathroom in our room I quickly took the elevator here." Aria responded. The toddler saw that her mother wasn't smiling however, the toddler's face dropping when realizing she was in major trouble from her mother.

"I told you that you had to listen to uncle Kenny and stay in the room. Did I not?" The anger from Matt began to show in both Ashley's voice and eyes, bringing Aria to tear up.

"Yes, but..."

"But nothing. I'm taking you back to the room where you're going to stay there. Do you understand?" The tears in Aria's eyes fell down her cheeks from her mother's tone, Ashley realizing now how angered she must had sounded as she sighed, reaching over and wrapped her arms around her daughter.

"I'm sorry mommy." Aria said.

"No, I'm sorry." Ashley's tone softened to what Aria was used to. "It's just that it's dangerous in here, Pumpkin. If something were to happen to you then I don't know what I'd do. You mean everything to me." Ashley released her daughter and gave her a kiss on her forehead, Kenny quickly bursting into the room and running towards Ashley and Aria.

"I'm so sorry Ashley. I was just in the bathroom for a minute or so and when I came out Aria was gone. Here was the first place I thought to check." Kenny explained.

"It's okay." Ashley said as she looked to Kenny, then back to Aria. "If you insist on being in here then you have to sit next to grandma and grandpa." Aria nodded, bringing Ashley to look up to her parents who gave a nod, the two beginning to walk down from the stands. Ashley stood up straight and held Aria's hand, beginning to guide Aria to Katniss and Peeta as Kenny followed. She tried to ignore the tributes around her, Ashley knowing that all eyes were most likely on her.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Kaioo Offline

Keiru&Amelia Kozaka,District One/Brandon Lockhart, District Ten/Christian Wright,District Nine
Capitol-Training Centre

“It seems like every time we see each other, you have to save me.” a voice called from Keiru's flank and he turned to see Caitlyn smiling at him, and offered one back. "Thanks again."

"It's alright Caitlyn, really." Keiru replied, turning his head back to the target, and fired an arrow at it, the arrow embedding itself alongside the arrow already in it.

Keiru turned to look at Caitlyn once more, a grin plastered on his face, as he had just come up with something interesting "I bet out of five shots you can't get three bullseyes."

Keiru turned back to the target once more, unleashing an arrow that went straight down the middle of one of his arrows already stuck in the target, splitting it in two. "If you win, I'll treat you to dinner. If I win..."

Keiru fired another arrow, pausing on what to say next, watching as the arrow crashed into the dead center of the target. "...well, that'll be a surprise."

Keiru's attention was then caught by the arrival of Aria, and Keiru's grip tightened on his bow. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Brandon was eyeing up the little girl, fiddling with the throwing knife in his hand, seemingly planning on throwing it at the girl, probably as a threat or whatever to Ashley, and Keiru had noticed the exchange between Ashley and Matt, and he was unsure if he would try anything. Obviously, the little girl wasn't safe in the room, and so he decided to take action.

Drawing back the string after arming an arrow, he aimed at Aria, and fired. The arrow flew through the air, slamming into the wall just above Aria, a few strands of hair having been caught by the arrow, and hung loosely around the tip of the arrow. Brandon noticed what Keiru had done, and cursed to himself mentally, he had been edged out by Keiru yet again, and it was beginning to aggravate him.

Brandon had to restrain himself from trying to harm the girl now, and wanted so badly to throw a knife at Keiru, and try and kill him, but would probably just end up with another situation like with Caitlyn, so he remained silent, staring at Keiru, awaiting the obvious confrontation that was sure to occur. Most of the tributes had their attention now on Keiru, looking between him and Ashley, and to where his arrow had landed, just barely above the head of the toddler.

Amelia's eyes were widened in shock, and was unable to move as she was frozen in place, too stunned to do anything. Christian leaned back against the wall just behind him, waiting to see what would happen out of this, a smirk on his face as he waited for things to escalate, or at least hoped they would. A series of stunned gasps rose from some of the sponsors, as well as a couple mentors. Keiru's mentor had physically face-palmed at what Keiru had done.

OOC:
I apologise for the lateness of this post, as well as its suckiness... Illness is not fun.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:57 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Kiseki Kagami from District Four/ Ichiru Kagami from District Three
Training Room

"Hey." The twins looked up to see Caroline had returned. Kiseki was the first to return her smile, although Ichiru took another moment or two. His instinct told him to be wary, but he had seen Caroline around District Four before he had moved away with James, and overall she didn’t seem like the type to betray anyone.

"My name's Caroline." She introduced herself and pulled Ichiru out of his thoughts, although when he looked at her, her gaze had already fallen back over on Ashley and Jeremy. Kiseki noticed this as well, andk new what she was going to say before she said it. "I'm gonna let you and your brother catch up. I don't want to be a third-wheel for you two. I'll come find you in an hour or so so we can train together."

The dark haired teen gave a nod in response, returning the smile the blonde offered the two of them before walking over to Ashley and Jeremy.

“Ah, I always chase your girlfriends away.” Kiseki whipped around to look at Ichiru, who smirked at him as he raised his arms over his head to stretch.

“I’m sure that’s not it…” Despite his flustered reaction, Kiseki’s response was distant as he thought back to the night before when he had heard Caroline’s conversation with Stefan. He couldn’t shake the nagging feeling that she had only appeared to overcome it just so he wouldn’t worry. He watched her talk with the Mellark siblings for a few moments before snapping himself out of his thoughts and turning back to Ichiru, resuming the conversation so that he wouldn’t be concerned. “And if I remember right, it was always the opposite. You attract them to you rather than chasing them away.”

Ichiru chuckled, but instead of making a comeback like Kiseki expected, he fell silent, his gaze now on the knot-tying station. Kiseki followed his gaze and saw that Jeremy had sliced his palm open and Caroline was walking away to the infirmary with him.

Training Room

"It's alright Caitlyn, really." Keiru replied, to the brunette as she drew back the string of her bow and fired her first arrow, narrowly missing the bullseye. She noticed the arrow that Keiru had just fired hit the bullseye right beside one he had previously fired. It was obvious he was very skilled in archery. Her father had constructed wooden bows a few times back in District Seven just for the sake of doing it, and she had taken an interest in them. After a frustrating time of trying to convince him, she had finally gotten him to make some wooden arrows as well so that she could shoot with them. She was glad she had done so now, for archery might turn out to be a very valuable skill in the Hunger Games. Even if she wasn’t extremely skilled, at least she knew how to fire one and actually hit something.

"I bet out of five shots you can't get three bullseyes." Keiru’s voice snapped Caitlyn out of her thoughts, and she looked over to see him grinning at her. Shortly after their eyes met, he turned back to the target once more and unleashed another arrow which went straight down the middle of one that was already embedded in the target and split it in two. "If you win, I'll treat you to dinner. If I win..." He paused to fire another arrow, this one landing in the dead center of the target. "...well, that'll be a surprise."‘

Caitlyn frowned at first, feeling obviously out skilled, but it wasn’t like she couldn’t hit a bullseye if she tried hard enough. The only thing was, what was the “surprise” that she was expected to give him if she lost the bet? Something was still nagging at her not to trust Keiru, and she knew very well how easily the situation could turn for the worst if she happened to lose the bet. However, her better judgement of the older teen won her over, and she gave him a grin of her own in response.

“Alright, you’re on.”

However, right after she had responded, the brunette noticed that Keiru’s gaze had fallen on Ashley and Aria. She had noticed the toddler come into the room during their conversation, but had been too distracted by her own thoughts to pay much attention to it. She noticed Keiru drawing back the string of the bow, and her eyes widened in shock when he suddenly aimed it at Aria.

“What are you doing?!” It was too late for Caitlyn to try and stop him, for Keiru had already fired the arrow. The brunette whipped around to watch its course instead, seeing that it just barely missed the toddler’s head, embedding itself in the wall in front of her. The action itself looked horrible, but the fact that he had missed couldn’t be overlooked. Not when Caitlyn herself had just noted his exceptional marksmanship with the bow.

Despite this, her shock became rage and she turned on him with anger burning in her eyes.

“What the hell was that?” Her tone wasn’t as enraged as even she had expected, but it was clear that she wasn’t happy about it at all. However, she didn’t say anything more, for she already knew that plenty would most likely be said by Ashley - and, as she had just told herself moments before, the fact that Keiru had missed seemed strange.

Kiseki Kagami from District Four/ Ichiru Kagami from District Three
Training Room

There was a pause of silence between the twins before Ichiru glanced at the knife throwing station, finally speaking again as he looked at his brother.

“Do you want to try your luck with knife throwing? It could be a handy skill.”

Kiseki followed his brother’s gaze, although his own shifted back over to the knot-tying station for a moment before he finally responded with a nod.

Shortly after they had approached the station, Ichiru noticed that Matt had approached Ashley and was pinning her to the wall. Kiseki had just taken a somewhat clumsy first throw and struck a target in the shoulder when he noticed Ichiru wasn’t doing anything. He looked over at him in question, following his gaze over to the two. Ichiru’s hand began to close around three knives laying behind him, and Kiseki quickly nudged him, trying not to be too obvious to the other tributes.

“Ichiru, don’t.” He hissed under his breath, but loud enough for his twin to hear. He started to grab the dark haired teen when it didn’t seem like he was listening, but Ichiru quickly turned around and instead buried the blade of a knife in the head of the same target Kiseki had hit in the shoulder. For a moment, Kiseki was worried that his brother had just revealed one of his skills, but the expression on Ichiru’s face proved that it had actually just been a lucky shot.

Ashley, however showed nothing short of talent when she appeared at the station in anger, throwing three knives and hitting a target directly in the head, chest and stomach. Now that hadn’t been a lucky shot.

Neither of the twins said anything, simply watching as none other than Aria appeared in the training room. However, Kiseki could see a bit of a reaction in Ichiru despite his attempts to keep an emotionless attitude toward everything that was happening. This was shattered when an arrow suddenly shot toward the pair as Ashley was escorting her daughter out of the room, just barely missing the toddler’s head before it embedded itself in the wall in front of her. Both sets of emerald eyes instantly went to the archery station. Caitlyn and Keiru were the only ones there, but judging from Caitlyn’s reaction, it was obvious Keiru had been the one to fire the arrow.

Ichiru’s grip on the knives in his hand tightened, but he remained still and quiet. He couldn’t hide the expression on his face well enough, but he didn’t care at this moment. Kiseki nudged Ichiru yet again, giving him a warning look as the entire room fell into a shocked silence, everyone simply waiting to see what would happen.

Last edited by DarkAmethyst; 09-19-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Caroline Hawthorne from District Four/ Ashley Mellark and Jeremy Mellark from District Twelve/ Matt Wilson from District Thirteen
At The Capitol/ Training Center

Caroline and Jeremy pushed open the door to the infirmary and walked inside, a young nurse with curly pink hair standing up from her desk and walked over to the two tributes. It was a bit strange to the nurse that a tribute from a different District would accompany another tribute who wasn't in the same District to the infirmary, but then the nurse figured the two were somehow friends before the Games started.

"What happened?" The nurse asked in concern when seeing Jeremy's palm, a pool of blood in the middle of it.

"We were working on tying knots and building snares when I accidentally hit Jeremy's arm while he was cutting some wire. The knife slipped and cut him." Caroline responded.

"The two of you can go sit on the cot while I go get the supplies to clean the cut." The nurse said. Jeremy and Caroline nodded, the two sitting next to each other on a plain cot while the nurse disappeared into a back room.

"I'm sorry Jeremy..."

"It's fine." Jeremy wrapped his good arm around Caroline and gave her a reassuring hug, bringing the curly haired blonde to smile as the nurse returned with some supplies a few moments later. After cleaning the blood, pouring some rubbing alcohol in the cut and applying a clear ointment, the nurse wrapped a bandage around Jeremy's hand and smiled.

"If you keep that bandage on between now and later tonight then the wound will be completely gone from the ointment."

"Can I still train today?" Jeremy asked the nurse.

"Yes, but just take it easy, and don't go in the pool." Jeremy nodded at the nurse's words, the two teens thanking her before leaving to walk back to the training center.

As Ashley, Kenny and Aria were walking towards Peeta and Katniss a weird feeling fell over Ashley, bringing her to look at some of the other tributes who were staring at her. The sound of Aria's terrifying scream brought Ashley to quickly look down at her, then to the arrow that was embedded in the wall next to them, a few strands of Aria's ginger colored hair hanging from the pointed tip of the arrow. Ashley then quickly spun her body around, seeing two people at the archery station. The brunette looked from the two faces, Ashley knowing the girl didn't do it simply by the way she was looking at the male tribute.

"That was a huge mistake!" Ashley yelled in anger as she took a knife from the knife throwing station and began to quickly walk towards Keiru with it. Katniss and Peeta hurried and grabbed Ashley just before she reached Keiru, though the brunette was putting up a good fight. Peeta saw the knife and grabbed Ashley's arm so she couldn't throw it, bringing her to throw the knife in the air by using only her wrist and caught the blade's tip of the knife with only her two fingers, planning on using her wrist once again to throw the knife at Keiru but a Peacekeeper quickly approached and grabbed the weapon.

"You have some explaining to do young man." The Peacekeeper said to Keiru before focusing his attention back to Ashley.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Ashley growled as nothing but pure rage could be seen in her eyes. Jeremy and Caroline entered the training center then, the two being alarmed instantly as they ran to the scene.

"What the hell is going on? Why is Aria and Kenny in here?" Jeremy asked in shock.

"He shot an arrow at Aria." Kenny responded from a few feet away, his face going pale at the very thought. Jeremy looked from Kenny, to Aria, to Ashley and then finally to Keiru, anger of his own flaring up in Jeremy as he lunged forward to try and punch Keiru directly in the face, but the same Peacekeeper tackled Jeremy to the ground before he made contact.

"You just wait until we get in that arena." Ashley hissed, the brunette finally putting her struggling to an end as she looked at Keiru. "You're the first one my brother and I will go after." Ashley then made her way over to Aria after her parents let her go and knelt down in front of the toddler, Ashley trying to steady her own breathing as she wiped away the tears on Aria's face.

"Is she okay?" Jeremy asked after the Peacekeeper allowed him to get up.

"I think so." Ashley responded with a nod, checking her daughter's head for a wound but found none. "Take Aria back to the room." Ashley said as she looked at Kenny, who nodded and took Aria's hand. The two began to walk out of the training center silently as Ashley stood up straight, looking at the other tributes to make sure they wouldn't try anything. Once Aria and Kenny were out of the training center Ashley's eyes met Matt's, who looked at her with a complete smirk.

"Okay everyone, go back to what you were doing." The Peacekeeper said, then looking over to Keiru. "Now, explain to me why the hell you would shoot an arrow at an defenseless little girl." Ashley, Jeremy, their parents and Caroline then looked over to Keiru, the group waiting for his story, though it was clear that Ashley was still raged from the whole situation. Her eyes fell on Ichiru for a few moments before looking back to Keiru, the brunette doing her best to calm herself down.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Kaioo Offline

Keiru&Amelia Kozaka,District One/Christian Wright,District Nine/Brandon Lockhart,District Ten
Capitol-Training Centre

Amelia had shot forward, standing in front of Keiru as if to protect him as all hell broke loose and Ashley and Jeremy both tried to get at Keiru, both however being prevented from doing so. Keiru didn't even move, gazing without emotion at Ashley, not even reacting when she tried to throw a knife at him, nor when Jeremy tried to punch him. His gaze flickered to Caitlyn for a second, a frown appearing on his face for a split second as his mind registered her reaction, before it disappeared and returned to an emotionless one as he turned back towards Ashley, though he was paying more attention to the Peacekeeper several feet from him.

"Now, explain to me why the hell you would shoot an arrow at an defenseless little girl."

Keiru didn't respond for several seconds, before he folded his arms over his chest. "This is a place for tributes training. Not some place for a defenseless little girl."

Keiru continued, pausing for a small moment to gather his thoughts. "You were lucky it was me, giving nothing but a warning, rather than another tribute, who would have had worse intentions."

Keiru's gaze turned towards the other tributes, whose attention was on him, his gaze going over Matt, though he narrowed his eyes as he looked at the tribute, before his gaze continued to Brandon, and he noticed the glare on the tribute's face, and he raised an eyebrow in response, before turning his attention back to the Peacekeeper.

"If I had intended to actually hit the girl, trust me, I would have done so." Keiru continued, gesturing towards the target he was in front of, where all his arrows were embedded around the bullseye, one dead center, the others about five centimeters lower, one of the arrows split in two with another arrow in it. "The girl shouldn't even be in here, she's a target to get at her, as well as him."

At saying her, Keiru nodded towards Ashley, before nodding towards Jeremy as well at the end of his sentence. "I decided it'd be better if I got them out of their fantasy world before somebody decided to actually kill the girl, because I sure as hell had noticed at least one tribute here planning to do so, and before you say anything, I'm not referring to myself in third person."

Keiru then turned his attention towards Peeta, as he had noticed that Ashley was most certainly angry at him and wouldn't take kindly to any suggestions from him. "It would benefit you if you kept a better eye on her. You wouldn't want her near us tributes if you don't want her to get hurt."

Keiru unfolded his arms now, before continuing. "As I've already said, she's a target to try and cause them two to falter. I know of a few tributes who would use her as a message to the two of them, maybe even an attempt to shatter their will to fight and survive until the right time."

Keiru paused for a moment, noticing that the Peacekeeper was still where he was, and stopped, turning his attention back to the Peacekeeper.

"Your training is coming to an end early today. You've caused too many disruptions today. You're going to solitary confinement, at least until lunch. Any more disruptions by you, and it'll be worse."

Keiru grinned when the Peacekeeper had finished, shrugging his shoulders, though he sneakily locked eyes with Peeta, though made it seem like he was looking at nothing in particular. "Nothing keeps a Kozaka in for long, what with all that money. Pays for a lot of things."

Keiru was escorted by the Peacekeeper towards the exit and as he passed Caitlyn, he whispered to her. "The bet is still on. Give me the results at lunch."

With that, Keiru was taken out of the training center, and casually strolled towards the cell for solitary confinement, where tributes who caused a ruckus were taken to for several hours to "cool" down. The door was opened, and Keiru walked in, noticing the lack of anything in the room, and sat back against the wall as the door was closed, leaving him in darkness to "reflect".

Brandon smirked as he watched Keiru get taken out, and laughed. "Good riddance, hopefully that psycho will do even more crazy stunts and get himself killed before this even starts."

Amelia glared at Brandon, though remained silent, shaking her head, before angrily walking towards the archery range, grabbing the bow Keiru had been using, loading an arrow and firing, unleashing pent-up stress upon the target as she split the arrow in the center of the bulls-eye, firing two more in the exact same spot before she breathed out a sigh in annoyance, shaking her head at what had just happened.

She wondered to herself if Keiru was trying to get himself killed, and repressed a snort of laughter at the thought. As he said in his explanation for having shot at Aria, and as Amelia had calculated before he had said anything, if Keiru tried to get himself killed, he would already have succeeded.

Their mentor meanwhile was busy face-palming once more, mumbling about Keiru being an idiot. Christian chuckled as the tributes returned to the various stations, shaking his head at what had happened. He had to admit, Keiru was making it very hard to get the time to recruit him to his plan, and the girl from District Seven was still a distraction, as yet again Keiru had saved her from danger, exposing himself to danger if he'd messed up the catch. She needed to be dealt with. Quickly.

Christian glanced back at Ashley and her daughter, before turning his attention back to the leaning against the wall, not even bothering to train any more, instead surveying the skills of the others around him. He noted that Amelia, Keiru's sister, was far more skilled than her brother in archery, having scored three consecutive bulls-eyes all in the same spot in the dead center of the bulls-eye itself. He needed them two on his side, that was for definite.

He had to admit though, that Keiru was right about others having planned to target the little girl. Christian himself had planned to "accidentally" throw a spear at her, and play it off as a stumble, and there were probably others who had planned to target Aria as well.