Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » PE2K Wi-Fi League » Wi-Fi League Journey

Wi-Fi League Journey Start your own journey with your Pokemon! Travel around the map, battle trainers and Gym Leaders, catch rare Pokemon and unlock the secrets of the Celestia Region!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #316  
Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Latio-Nytro's Avatar
Latio-Nytro Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ERROR! EXPLOSION IMMINENT!
Posts: 4,467
Default Re: Route 1

Logan Falchino
Party: Kunai the Shellder
Arriving on Route 1 HERE I COME JOURNEY!!!!!!!!!


>Logan Falchino entering Route 1 from Andromeda Town AT LONG LAST<

Logan looked around his surroundings. It was a simple path perfect for a new trainer, like himself. He could already see two other trainers a small distance, one of them (the one with a Kirlia) battling a Meowth. He wouldn't get involved: He's known from some practice capture runs that interacting with a trainer that was capturing a Pokemon was the world's most annoying thing EVER, and that was if the interfearence didn't allow the Wild to gain the upper hand.

Henceforth, he just searched along, hoping to find a Pokemon he could call his own. Searching searching searching.

"Shellder! Shell shell! Ellde shell hellder hellde ellder el elld!" Went Kunai. Logan somewhat hoped it was something that should have the effect of attracting a wild Pokemon. He wanted more than his Shellder, and quickly. Type Matchups were harsh mistresses, indeed, and that aside, he had a PokeDex to complete and Gym battles to win and Trainers to battle...

Thinking about everything just made his mind explode. It was suddenly like he had so much to do and so little time to do it. It was just the absolute most wonderful thing in the world to do, it was just...Fantastic.

"Kunai, we're going to have the best time of our lives together, that much, I can assure you now!" Logan said, Kunai perched on his shoulder.

"Shelld Ellder hell ellder der!" Went Kunai, probably responding to what Logan said.

Logan was smiling. Today was just awesome. He'd have to remind himself to go to bed early, and very consistently to compensate for the all-nighter he had recently, if he wanted honest-to-Arceus sleep.

If.
__________________
The Avatar is from 5TailedDemonLizard!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 11-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Kaoru's Avatar
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pallet Town
Posts: 4,462
Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru
Default Re: Route 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Moonlight View Post
Name: Artemis
Party: Eevee
Currently: Watching Cobalt catch Meowth (nothing witty here today X3)

Artemis, who had been both annoyed and amused by Cobalt's antics, had taken to the sidelines to watch him engage the cat in a battle. It was obvious what his intentions were, to snag the normal type and add it to his team.

Kirlia was pretty impressive, as was the Meowth. Both exchanged blows, but in the end it was the former how had gained the upper hand.

Cobalt, not wanting to miss his chance, chucked a Pokéball at the feline

Would it work...?

Meanwhile, Eevee's gaze had gone from the battle to the rest of the route. What else could be out there...?
Official's Post for Eternal Moonlight

Eevee's gaze led to something...Something in the shape of a sleeping cat.


A wild Meowth appeared! Write a paragraph about the battle to catch it!
Not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
Logan Falchino
Party: Kunai the Shellder
Arriving on Route 1 HERE I COME JOURNEY!!!!!!!!!


>Logan Falchino entering Route 1 from Andromeda Town AT LONG LAST<

Logan looked around his surroundings. It was a simple path perfect for a new trainer, like himself. He could already see two other trainers a small distance, one of them (the one with a Kirlia) battling a Meowth. He wouldn't get involved: He's known from some practice capture runs that interacting with a trainer that was capturing a Pokemon was the world's most annoying thing EVER, and that was if the interfearence didn't allow the Wild to gain the upper hand.

Henceforth, he just searched along, hoping to find a Pokemon he could call his own. Searching searching searching.

"Shellder! Shell shell! Ellde shell hellder hellde ellder el elld!" Went Kunai. Logan somewhat hoped it was something that should have the effect of attracting a wild Pokemon. He wanted more than his Shellder, and quickly. Type Matchups were harsh mistresses, indeed, and that aside, he had a PokeDex to complete and Gym battles to win and Trainers to battle...

Thinking about everything just made his mind explode. It was suddenly like he had so much to do and so little time to do it. It was just the absolute most wonderful thing in the world to do, it was just...Fantastic.

"Kunai, we're going to have the best time of our lives together, that much, I can assure you now!" Logan said, Kunai perched on his shoulder.

"Shelld Ellder hell ellder der!" Went Kunai, probably responding to what Logan said.

Logan was smiling. Today was just awesome. He'd have to remind himself to go to bed early, and very consistently to compensate for the all-nighter he had recently, if he wanted honest-to-Arceus sleep.

If.
Official's Post for Latio-Nytro

Kunai, however, stayed awake. While looking,but not walking, around Route 1, Kunai noticed something very shiny... A shiny spherical object. What is it? Kunai picked it up and gave it to Logan.

Logan found 10 stars!
__________________
Join the PE2K Wi-Fi League!

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links

Last edited by Kaoru; 11-25-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 11-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Latio-Nytro's Avatar
Latio-Nytro Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ERROR! EXPLOSION IMMINENT!
Posts: 4,467
Default Re: Route 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
Official's Post for Latio-Nytro

Kunai, however, stayed awake. While looking,but not walking, around Route 1, Kunai noticed something very shiny... A shiny spherical object. What is it? Kunai picked it up and gave it to Logan.

Logan found 10 stars!
Logan Falchino
Party: Kunai the Shellder
$omewhat $eriou$ $tar$


"SHELLDER!" Kunai suddenly yelled, jumping off of Logan's shoulder (somehow) to scuttle over towards...Something shiny. Logan knew it wouldn't wander off TOO far, so he just watched.

"Ellder Ell Shellder!" Kunai said, holding out on her tounge (eww) the object she found in question, which appeared to be a spherical object with stars engraved on-wait.

That was a 10-star Sphere.

Logan briefly wondered why they came in spheres, before taking the ten stars and petting Kunai for a job well done. "Great Girl, Kunai, great Girl..." Logan said, smiling.

"Shell shell shell!" Kunai went in response. Logan took Kunai and put her on his shoulder again, before resuming the adventure. Good fortune so far!
__________________
The Avatar is from 5TailedDemonLizard!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Route 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Shadow View Post
Name: Cobalt
Party: Kirlia
Currently: Time to catch some pokemonz!

Suddenly I saw a meowth run into a nearby bush. I stopped and grabbed Artemis' arm with one hand and Kirlia's pokeball with another.
"Cobalt what the hell..." began Artemis before I told her to shut up.
"There is a meowth in those bushes." I whispered pointing.
"Not again. Cobalt calm down this is..." she started again.
"I am dead serious, just be quiet for a few minutes. I don't want to scare it away." I whispered. Silently I let Kirlia out of the pokeball.
"Kirlia, teleport in front of it, then Psychic." I whispered. Kirlia's eyes glowed, and suddenly he disappeared. A second later there was a rustling in the bushes and a loud "REOW!". Suddenly there was a deep 'BOOM' as a telekinetic pulse pushed blew past us, knocking the leaves off the bush, Meowth out of the bush, and almost pushing Artemis and I over.
"Holy crap you were right." Artemis said.
Meowth turned to face Kirlia, with a snarl on its face. Suddenly its fangs turned black, and it ran towards Kirlia, mouth wide open.
"Kirlia, that is bite, don't let it hit you! You are weak to it." I yelled out. Kirlia jumped back then teleported. Suddenly he reappeared behind meowth, who instantly turned around and pounced on Kirlia. It must have heard him. Meowth had Kirlia pinned down, and was slashing at him with its sharp claws.
"Kirlia! Psychic again!" I yelled out. There was another deep 'BOOM' and meowth was pushed off Kirlia. The Meowth turned around, and began to ran towards Kirlia.
"Lure it into the bushes and teleport out!" I yelled. Kirlia ran into the bushes, and the Meowth followed close behind him. When they were both in bushes, Kirlia reappeared in front of us.
"Now quickly, Magical leaf with the bushes!" I said. The bushes began to glow and the leaves flew inside the bush. From where I stood I could hear meowth screeching.
"Okay that's enough Kirlia, stop now." I said pulling a pokeball from my bag. The leaves stopped glowing, and I threw the pokeball into the bushes, hoping to hear the 'ping' of success...
Official's Post

Meowth is sucked into the Pokeball...

Spoiler:
3...
Spoiler:
2...
Spoiler:
Aww, it appeared to be caught!

The wild Meowth broke free!


The Meowth scurries away into the bushes and disappears... too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
Logan Falchino
Party: Kunai the Shellder
$omewhat $eriou$ $tar$


"SHELLDER!" Kunai suddenly yelled, jumping off of Logan's shoulder (somehow) to scuttle over towards...Something shiny. Logan knew it wouldn't wander off TOO far, so he just watched.

"Ellder Ell Shellder!" Kunai said, holding out on her tounge (eww) the object she found in question, which appeared to be a spherical object with stars engraved on-wait.

That was a 10-star Sphere.

Logan briefly wondered why they came in spheres, before taking the ten stars and petting Kunai for a job well done. "Great Girl, Kunai, great Girl..." Logan said, smiling.

"Shell shell shell!" Kunai went in response. Logan took Kunai and put her on his shoulder again, before resuming the adventure. Good fortune so far!
Official's Post

You continue down the route, happy with your journey so far. It is awfully quiet though...

You hear a few short cries from the forest to your left. Peering through the bushes you notice a Phanpy happily eating a berry. A wild Phanpy?! Wow, they're rare!


Wild Phanpy appeared! Write a paragraph about the battle if you wanna catch it!
Currently eating a berry.
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Latio-Nytro's Avatar
Latio-Nytro Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ERROR! EXPLOSION IMMINENT!
Posts: 4,467
Default Re: Route 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Official's Post

Meowth is sucked into the Pokeball...

Spoiler:
3...
Spoiler:
2...
Spoiler:
Aww, it appeared to be caught!

The wild Meowth broke free!


The Meowth scurries away into the bushes and disappears... too bad.


Official's Post

You continue down the route, happy with your journey so far. It is awfully quiet though...

You hear a few short cries from the forest to your left. Peering through the bushes you notice a Phanpy happily eating a berry. A wild Phanpy?! Wow, they're rare!


Wild Phanpy appeared! Write a paragraph about the battle if you wanna catch it!
Currently eating a berry.
(For the record, I checked. Phanpy and Shellder have the same base speed stat.)

Logan Falchino
Party: Kunai the Shellder
Lucky Day!


"Phan! Phan!" Went a cry.

Logan internally thought that this was his Pokémon capture, but didn't recognize the Pokémon’s voice. Either way, he instantly got quiet, and made the gesture to his Shellder, making it talk no further. Both Logan and Kunai turn left, towards the source of the sound, and saw the Pokémon in question.

The Pokémon in question was a four-legged Pokémon, with a fairly large head and fairly small legs. On said head were two floppy and large ears, with two orange extrusions appearing on the edges of each, wrapping around. It's head also had a small trunk, with an orange band around it as well, all on a blue-grey body. It was munching on a tasty berry of sorts, not occupied with any thoughts that a trainer was, of all things, stalking it.

He heard from a passerby's quip that Phanpy were fairly hard to find. Henceforth, it was nothing but his relative streak of luck that brought him this chance. Logan smiled. Today? Today was good.

"Kunai, Supersonic, after I set you down, OK?" Logan asked of Kunai quietly, knowing that this wouldn't be an easy battle, especially if he wanted it in fair capturing range. Kunai closed and opened her shell-a way to nod. He set her down.

"ShellllllllllllllllllllllLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!" Went Kunai. At once, a sound beyond the human range of hearing emitted from Kunai, a disorienting and briefly mind-wrecking tone that would best be unheard. Logan couldn't hear it, and Kunai, being the producer of it, was spared, but the Phanpy wasn't. Those huge ears didn't help at all in ignoring the sound, and clearly it was wobbly and dizzy after hearing that. The result was a successful confusion on the part of the Phanpy. Step one was done.

The Wild Pokémon did not like this, identifying it was being attacked despite the impaired mental abilities a confused Pokémon was forced through. "Phanpy Phan! PHANPY!!!" It called out, trying to jump upwards, presumably with the intent to crush poor Kunai. Miserably, it was over a low-hanging branch, and just hit its own head. Poor Phanpy. It was almost sad seeing it like that. Logan promised that he'd take good care of it.

"Kunai! Icicle Spear!" Logan commanded Kunai.

"Shellder Shell!" Kunai obeyed, shooting out several icy projectiles after a brief pause to cool the air right in front of her and to aim them. The first three shots-well, the Phanpy didn't seem to be that badly injured by them. The fourth and fifth, however, definitely made it known that the Phanpy was hurt by them, with a moderately-sized laceration being created the fourth time on its back, and the fifth hitting it square in the trunk.

"PHAN!!"It didn't like either of those. It still looked like it had no idea where everything was, but quite like before, it attempted an attack regardless. Quite unlike before, however, it succeeded in both not hitting itself in the process and not badly missing either. Kunai was suddenly forced to close its shell very, very hard. Logan was thankful he didn't hear cracking, but it sounded very painful for the Shellder.

"Shell elld..." Muttered Kunai, rather sadly. Logan could almost translate it as 'that hurt.' Either way, Kunai clearly was hit fairly hard. It probably hit something rather important...

"Kunai! Try to shake it off and use a Tackle!" Logan ordered, adding in 'try' because he wasn't sure how bad it was. Kunai responded immediately, though: No Paralysis, no overly-long period of flinching, nothing like that, and immediately moved (Logan, at this point, was suddenly curious how Kunai could move) fast enough for ramming speed. Phanpy took the hit head on, right to the skull...But apparently, two wrongs did make a right in Celestia, and despite the fact the Phanpy was panting a little, it no longer looked so disoriented.

"Kunai, another Superson-"

"Phanphan!"

Logan couldn't finish the sentence: another attack came from the Phanpy too fast for him to complete his sentence. Despite the fact that, somehow, Kunai had a speed advantage, the Phanpy made it a moot point immediately by launching small, jagged pieces of ice at blinding speed. The frosty projectiles hit their target with dead-on accuracy, but for minimal damage (hey, Kunai was a water type). It was...Weird, to say the least. The Ground-type Phanpy knew an Ice-Type move of some sort. OK. Moving on. Nothing to be worried too much about...yet...

Despite his incomplete sentence, Kunai understood exactly what Logan wanted. "ShelllllllllllllllLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!"Kunai went, immediately sending another sound wave, impossible-to-hear-by-humanity, was sent at the Wild Pokémon...Only this time, the Phanpy seemed to ignore it, as much as Logan and Kunai did. Perhaps hearing it a second time deluded the effects somewhat? Or maybe it just wasn't loud enough? Either way, the Phanpy appeared to smirk from the failure of the move.

"Kunai! Another Tackle!" Logan called out.

"SHELL!!" Kunai yelled in response, jettisoning (somehow) towards the Long Nose Pokemon. It hit home again, catching the Phanpy straight to the side. It cringed briefly, but stood still. However, It now was starting to show weakness, in the form of much more audible panting.

"...Phan...Phan...Phan...Phan...Phan...Phan..." Logan knew what those sounds of weakness meant. He could throw a PokéBall now, and it could have a decent chance of capturing the Pokemon. But before that could happen, the Phanpy tried to use another Attack, the same one as before, the one that that involved slamming itself down at the foe with its full body weight. Either Slam, or its cousin Body Slam, and either way, a strong attack. It also hit again, crushing Kuani under the Phanpy's weight.

"...Shell...Shell...Shell...Shell...Shell...Shell.. ." Kuani went.

Logan COULD throw the PokéBall now, but he knew that Rare Pokémon were also usually stronger and harder to catch. He wanted some more damage. Just a little more.

"Kunai! Try Supersonic again!" Logan said.

"...Shell...Shell...ShellllllllllllllllllLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLL!!!!!" Went Kunai, getting Supersonic to as loud as it got. It passed Logan's range of hearing, a third time trying to make that Phanpy bowel over in confusion. It seemed to have worked, as the Phanpy, in addition to its panting, now looked wobbly and dazed, like it was in a twister or something else like that. It's next attack was seemingly another Slam (or Body Slam), and it jumped and hit its target...If you count its target as the bush Logan was standing in front of, and not Kunai nor Logan. It didn't seem to come out of that completely unscathed-perhaps the bush dug into the laceration somewhat?

"...Phan...Phan...Phan...Phan...Phan......Phan..... .Phan......Phan..." Went Phanpy. Now was the best time to capture it, Logan thought.

"Kunai, standby! I'm using the PokéBall!" Logan stated, doing exactly what he said he was. He would have said 'throwing,' but would you count it as 'throwing' if the target was inches in front of you? No, Logan's 6-foot-5 long body could easily reach the Phanpy, but he didn't want to be holding the PokéBall if it got loose, so he just lightly tossed it onto the Phanpy. Phanpy was enveloped by, and shortly thereafter transformed into, a red light, which was then sucked into the PokéBall. Logan urged Kunai to stay opposite him and the PokéBall, in case Phanpy tried to flee.

...The ball wobbled back and forth, back and forth...Logan was eager for his first capture, and this could be it, so anticipation was high...the ball still wobbled, back and forth, back and forth...
__________________
The Avatar is from 5TailedDemonLizard!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Reply With Quote
  #321  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Cobalt Shadow's Avatar
Cobalt Shadow Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia the land of the kangaroos
Posts: 4,079
Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: Route 1

Name: Cobalt
Party: Kirlia
Currently: Swearing about his failure

"Are you f..." I began as I tuned around to see Artemis and Eevee facing another meowth.
"Are you gonna catch it?" I asked.
"Definitely!" Artemis replied, ready to try and catch her first pokemon...
__________________

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 11-26-2012, 04:16 AM
Steak's Avatar
Steak Offline
WFL Official
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: sneezes profoundly
Posts: 2,434
Send a message via AIM to Steak
Default Re: Route 1


Trainer: Steak
Party:
Currently: PHANPYQUEST

you come to.
route 1.
so you're out of THAT MIASMA PLACE. cool.
you notice your pockets more full than what they were before. looks like your EMISSARY BUDDY raked you in some sweet loot. what a great dude.
you get up and make sure your Pokebros are doing okay. they're good to go.

looks like PHANPYQUEST is back in high gear. you walk away from the truck, pretty sure a truck is going to do you no good. as you make your way back onto the main road you consider the idea of GRAND THEFT PHANPY.
...wow, way to miss a great opportunity!
you turn around, wondering if you could maybe find your way back, when you notice a commotion out of the corner of your eye. instinctively, you hop into some nearby bushes.
what you see is...a battle...a Poke Ball being thrown...wait, is that a Phanpy?!
while you were snoozin', this NOOBLORD was cruisin' in on some leet grabs!


FIDDLESTICKS.

you clap your hand to your mouth immediately, even though you only thought it, not said it. sure, you may be frustrated, but you really need to watch the language.
you spy on the fight as the Poke Ball shakes in the distance, ready to get the jump on this chump.

__________________
Evolves @ 2456
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Route 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
(For the record, I checked. Phanpy and Shellder have the same base speed stat.)

Logan Falchino
Party: Kunai the Shellder
Lucky Day!


"Phan! Phan!" Went a cry.

Logan internally thought that this was his Pokémon capture, but didn't recognize the Pokémon’s voice. Either way, he instantly got quiet, and made the gesture to his Shellder, making it talk no further. Both Logan and Kunai turn left, towards the source of the sound, and saw the Pokémon in question.

The Pokémon in question was a four-legged Pokémon, with a fairly large head and fairly small legs. On said head were two floppy and large ears, with two orange extrusions appearing on the edges of each, wrapping around. It's head also had a small trunk, with an orange band around it as well, all on a blue-grey body. It was munching on a tasty berry of sorts, not occupied with any thoughts that a trainer was, of all things, stalking it.

He heard from a passerby's quip that Phanpy were fairly hard to find. Henceforth, it was nothing but his relative streak of luck that brought him this chance. Logan smiled. Today? Today was good.

"Kunai, Supersonic, after I set you down, OK?" Logan asked of Kunai quietly, knowing that this wouldn't be an easy battle, especially if he wanted it in fair capturing range. Kunai closed and opened her shell-a way to nod. He set her down.

"ShellllllllllllllllllllllLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!" Went Kunai. At once, a sound beyond the human range of hearing emitted from Kunai, a disorienting and briefly mind-wrecking tone that would best be unheard. Logan couldn't hear it, and Kunai, being the producer of it, was spared, but the Phanpy wasn't. Those huge ears didn't help at all in ignoring the sound, and clearly it was wobbly and dizzy after hearing that. The result was a successful confusion on the part of the Phanpy. Step one was done.

The Wild Pokémon did not like this, identifying it was being attacked despite the impaired mental abilities a confused Pokémon was forced through. "Phanpy Phan! PHANPY!!!" It called out, trying to jump upwards, presumably with the intent to crush poor Kunai. Miserably, it was over a low-hanging branch, and just hit its own head. Poor Phanpy. It was almost sad seeing it like that. Logan promised that he'd take good care of it.

"Kunai! Icicle Spear!" Logan commanded Kunai.

"Shellder Shell!" Kunai obeyed, shooting out several icy projectiles after a brief pause to cool the air right in front of her and to aim them. The first three shots-well, the Phanpy didn't seem to be that badly injured by them. The fourth and fifth, however, definitely made it known that the Phanpy was hurt by them, with a moderately-sized laceration being created the fourth time on its back, and the fifth hitting it square in the trunk.

"PHAN!!"It didn't like either of those. It still looked like it had no idea where everything was, but quite like before, it attempted an attack regardless. Quite unlike before, however, it succeeded in both not hitting itself in the process and not badly missing either. Kunai was suddenly forced to close its shell very, very hard. Logan was thankful he didn't hear cracking, but it sounded very painful for the Shellder.

"Shell elld..." Muttered Kunai, rather sadly. Logan could almost translate it as 'that hurt.' Either way, Kunai clearly was hit fairly hard. It probably hit something rather important...

"Kunai! Try to shake it off and use a Tackle!" Logan ordered, adding in 'try' because he wasn't sure how bad it was. Kunai responded immediately, though: No Paralysis, no overly-long period of flinching, nothing like that, and immediately moved (Logan, at this point, was suddenly curious how Kunai could move) fast enough for ramming speed. Phanpy took the hit head on, right to the skull...But apparently, two wrongs did make a right in Celestia, and despite the fact the Phanpy was panting a little, it no longer looked so disoriented.

"Kunai, another Superson-"

"Phanphan!"

Logan couldn't finish the sentence: another attack came from the Phanpy too fast for him to complete his sentence. Despite the fact that, somehow, Kunai had a speed advantage, the Phanpy made it a moot point immediately by launching small, jagged pieces of ice at blinding speed. The frosty projectiles hit their target with dead-on accuracy, but for minimal damage (hey, Kunai was a water type). It was...Weird, to say the least. The Ground-type Phanpy knew an Ice-Type move of some sort. OK. Moving on. Nothing to be worried too much about...yet...

Despite his incomplete sentence, Kunai understood exactly what Logan wanted. "ShelllllllllllllllLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!"Kunai went, immediately sending another sound wave, impossible-to-hear-by-humanity, was sent at the Wild Pokémon...Only this time, the Phanpy seemed to ignore it, as much as Logan and Kunai did. Perhaps hearing it a second time deluded the effects somewhat? Or maybe it just wasn't loud enough? Either way, the Phanpy appeared to smirk from the failure of the move.

"Kunai! Another Tackle!" Logan called out.

"SHELL!!" Kunai yelled in response, jettisoning (somehow) towards the Long Nose Pokemon. It hit home again, catching the Phanpy straight to the side. It cringed briefly, but stood still. However, It now was starting to show weakness, in the form of much more audible panting.

"...Phan...Phan...Phan...Phan...Phan...Phan..." Logan knew what those sounds of weakness meant. He could throw a PokéBall now, and it could have a decent chance of capturing the Pokemon. But before that could happen, the Phanpy tried to use another Attack, the same one as before, the one that that involved slamming itself down at the foe with its full body weight. Either Slam, or its cousin Body Slam, and either way, a strong attack. It also hit again, crushing Kuani under the Phanpy's weight.

"...Shell...Shell...Shell...Shell...Shell...Shell.. ." Kuani went.

Logan COULD throw the PokéBall now, but he knew that Rare Pokémon were also usually stronger and harder to catch. He wanted some more damage. Just a little more.

"Kunai! Try Supersonic again!" Logan said.

"...Shell...Shell...ShellllllllllllllllllLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLL!!!!!" Went Kunai, getting Supersonic to as loud as it got. It passed Logan's range of hearing, a third time trying to make that Phanpy bowel over in confusion. It seemed to have worked, as the Phanpy, in addition to its panting, now looked wobbly and dazed, like it was in a twister or something else like that. It's next attack was seemingly another Slam (or Body Slam), and it jumped and hit its target...If you count its target as the bush Logan was standing in front of, and not Kunai nor Logan. It didn't seem to come out of that completely unscathed-perhaps the bush dug into the laceration somewhat?

"...Phan...Phan...Phan...Phan...Phan......Phan..... .Phan......Phan..." Went Phanpy. Now was the best time to capture it, Logan thought.

"Kunai, standby! I'm using the PokéBall!" Logan stated, doing exactly what he said he was. He would have said 'throwing,' but would you count it as 'throwing' if the target was inches in front of you? No, Logan's 6-foot-5 long body could easily reach the Phanpy, but he didn't want to be holding the PokéBall if it got loose, so he just lightly tossed it onto the Phanpy. Phanpy was enveloped by, and shortly thereafter transformed into, a red light, which was then sucked into the PokéBall. Logan urged Kunai to stay opposite him and the PokéBall, in case Phanpy tried to flee.

...The ball wobbled back and forth, back and forth...Logan was eager for his first capture, and this could be it, so anticipation was high...the ball still wobbled, back and forth, back and forth...
Official's Post
You wipe your brow. That was an intense battle. This Phanpy seems a little clumsy, it's a wonder it hasn't been captured earlier. Well, must be your lucky day!

You throw the Pokeball. Phanpy is sucked in. The ball rocks slowly on the ground...

Spoiler:
3...
Spoiler:
2...
Spoiler:
1...
Spoiler:
PING!

Phanpy was caught!
You must have a severe case of beginner's luck!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Shadow View Post
Name: Cobalt
Party: Kirlia
Currently: Swearing about his failure

"Are you f..." I began as I tuned around to see Artemis and Eevee facing another meowth.
"Are you gonna catch it?" I asked.
"Definitely!" Artemis replied, ready to try and catch her first pokemon...
Official's Post
You curse angrily. The Meowth dashes away before you can call another attack. At least Kirlia got some battle experience, right?! Bah, who cares about that, you just want to catch Pokemon!

While Artemis is battling and you are grumbling, you notice one of the bushes nearby shuffling slightly. Could the Meowth be back?! What will you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steak View Post

Trainer: Steak
Party:
Currently: PHANPYQUEST

you come to.
route 1.
so you're out of THAT MIASMA PLACE. cool.
you notice your pockets more full than what they were before. looks like your EMISSARY BUDDY raked you in some sweet loot. what a great dude.
you get up and make sure your Pokebros are doing okay. they're good to go.

looks like PHANPYQUEST is back in high gear. you walk away from the truck, pretty sure a truck is going to do you no good. as you make your way back onto the main road you consider the idea of GRAND THEFT PHANPY.
...wow, way to miss a great opportunity!
you turn around, wondering if you could maybe find your way back, when you notice a commotion out of the corner of your eye. instinctively, you hop into some nearby bushes.
what you see is...a battle...a Poke Ball being thrown...wait, is that a Phanpy?!
while you were snoozin', this NOOBLORD was cruisin' in on some leet grabs!


FIDDLESTICKS.

you clap your hand to your mouth immediately, even though you only thought it, not said it. sure, you may be frustrated, but you really need to watch the language.
you spy on the fight as the Poke Ball shakes in the distance, ready to get the jump on this chump.

Official's Post

You watch the nooblord battle the Phanpy... THE PHANPY YOU HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR! There must be some law against this! Then you see the Phanpy trip over its own feet and roll over. It waves its little Phanpy paws in the air comically as it tries to get back to its feet. Clumsy and not at all cool, unlike the little bugger who slammed into you last time. I guess this isn't your Phanpy afterall. :(

You watch the new kid catch the Phanpy. Fire runs through your veins! You heart beats fast! If this newbie can do it, anyone can, right?! YOU FEEL INSPIRED! YOU'RE GONNA FIND THAT PHANPY!

And then a Pidgey flies overhead and poops on you.


Wild Pidgey appeared! Write a paragraph about the battle if you want to catch it.
Feeling relieved.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Cobalt Shadow's Avatar
Cobalt Shadow Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia the land of the kangaroos
Posts: 4,079
Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: Route 1

Name: Cobalt
Party: Kirlia
Currently: hoping this is a second chance

I saw the bushes move and didn't need a second to think.
"Kirlia, psychic! Lift out whatever is in those bushes"
I said unsure of what would pop out.
__________________

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Route 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Shadow View Post
Name: Cobalt
Party: Kirlia
Currently: hoping this is a second chance

I saw the bushes move and didn't need a second to think.
"Kirlia, psychic! Lift out whatever is in those bushes"
I said unsure of what would pop out.
Official's Post

You sneak over to the bushes. You bend down silently, hoping to sneak a glance at whatever is inside... but before you can get close enough, a purple blur slams you in the stomach and lands on the ground behind you!


Wild Rattata appeared! Write a paragraph about the battle if you wanna catch it!
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Cobalt Shadow's Avatar
Cobalt Shadow Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia the land of the kangaroos
Posts: 4,079
Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: Route 1

Name: Cobalt
Party: Kirlia
Currently: Catching a Rattata (hopefully)

"We are lucky to have a second chance," I said, "let's make it count."
Rattata began running towards us. This must be its quick attack.
"Kirlia block it!" I yelled. Kirlia raised his arms, creating a telekinetic barrier, which Rattata hit, and was pushed back by. Rattata got back up , then suddenly became clouded in shadows. The shadows then disappeared then reappeared behind Kirlia. From there Rattata tackled Kirlia. This must have been Pursuit. It must have been a dark type, because Kirlia seemed weakened from it more than a regular attack. Rattata seemed like it was going to go for another Pursuit.
"Kirlia Magical Leaf before it can attack again!" I yelled. Leaves from the bushes glowed, and the flew towards Rattata. They mostly hit, leaving Ralts weakened, but still standing. One more move, and I may have this.
"Kirlia, finish it off with Psychic, lift it into the air!" I yelled. Kirlia's eyes glowed and Rattata was surrounded by a light blue aura and lifted into the air. Now time for Pokeball 2.
"Go Pokeball!" I yelled, throwing the ball...
__________________

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Route 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Shadow View Post
Name: Cobalt
Party: Kirlia
Currently: Catching a Rattata (hopefully)

"We are lucky to have a second chance," I said, "let's make it count."
Rattata began running towards us. This must be its quick attack.
"Kirlia block it!" I yelled. Kirlia raised his arms, creating a telekinetic barrier, which Rattata hit, and was pushed back by. Rattata got back up , then suddenly became clouded in shadows. The shadows then disappeared then reappeared behind Kirlia. From there Rattata tackled Kirlia. This must have been Pursuit. It must have been a dark type, because Kirlia seemed weakened from it more than a regular attack. Rattata seemed like it was going to go for another Pursuit.
"Kirlia Magical Leaf before it can attack again!" I yelled. Leaves from the bushes glowed, and the flew towards Rattata. They mostly hit, leaving Ralts weakened, but still standing. One more move, and I may have this.
"Kirlia, finish it off with Psychic, lift it into the air!" I yelled. Kirlia's eyes glowed and Rattata was surrounded by a light blue aura and lifted into the air. Now time for Pokeball 2.
"Go Pokeball!" I yelled, throwing the ball...
Official's Post

Rattata is sucked into the Pokeball...

Spoiler:
3...
Spoiler:
2...
Spoiler:
1...
Spoiler:
PING!

Rattata was caught!
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Cobalt Shadow's Avatar
Cobalt Shadow Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia the land of the kangaroos
Posts: 4,079
Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: Route 1

Name: Cobalt
Party: Kirlia, Rattata
Currently: Watching Artemis make a capture

"Yes!" I yelled out, holding the pokeball in the air in a totally non-cliche` manner, "I caught Rattata!"
"Now what to name it?" I asked myself looking at the pokeball.
"I know! I will call you Slink!" I said, pressing the button on the pokeball, causing it to shrink, and pocketed it.
"You still haven't caught that Artemis?" I asked...
__________________

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Latio-Nytro's Avatar
Latio-Nytro Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ERROR! EXPLOSION IMMINENT!
Posts: 4,467
Default Re: Route 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Official's Post
You wipe your brow. That was an intense battle. This Phanpy seems a little clumsy, it's a wonder it hasn't been captured earlier. Well, must be your lucky day!

You throw the Pokeball. Phanpy is sucked in. The ball rocks slowly on the ground...

Spoiler:
3...
Spoiler:
2...
Spoiler:
1...
Spoiler:
PING!

Phanpy was caught!
You must have a severe case of beginner's luck!
Logan Falchino
Party: Kunai the Shellder, unnamed Phanpy
Phanpycatch!


*Ping!*

The Wild Phanpy was caught. The battle was over. Logan now had two members of his team. Victory, sweet victory, was his.

Logan breathed a sigh of relief, thankful the Phanpy didn't feel the need to come back out. Supersonic would have worn off in the PokeBall, meaning that the Phanpy would now be very aware of his surroundings. Considering the scenario, it either meant the Phanpy would flee, or that Phanpy would just LOVE finishing off Kunai in a single hit. Either way, he proved he wasn't taking off more than he could chew there.

Narrowly. And through copious use of making that Phanpy as disoriented as a Pidgey in a twister it didn't make. Logan figured it came down to luck in several spots.

THEN, he celebrated, rather calmly, and focusing on his Pokemon, to make sure she was proud in stopping it. "We did it, Kunai! We caught that Phanpy...Good girl, Great girl, awesome girl..." Logan said, patting his Shellder. It wasn't in the best of ways after what happened, but it clearly appreciated the affection.

He looked around him. He, briefly, saw a pidgey's...Err, business, land on a bush, but other than that, nothing of importance was lying around in eyesight. He proceeded to return to the main road, trying to think of a name for the New teammate, while simultaniously keeping an eye out for anything that may-or-may-not be important.
__________________
The Avatar is from 5TailedDemonLizard!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 11-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Route 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
Logan Falchino
Party: Kunai the Shellder, unnamed Phanpy
Phanpycatch!


*Ping!*

The Wild Phanpy was caught. The battle was over. Logan now had two members of his team. Victory, sweet victory, was his.

Logan breathed a sigh of relief, thankful the Phanpy didn't feel the need to come back out. Supersonic would have worn off in the PokeBall, meaning that the Phanpy would now be very aware of his surroundings. Considering the scenario, it either meant the Phanpy would flee, or that Phanpy would just LOVE finishing off Kunai in a single hit. Either way, he proved he wasn't taking off more than he could chew there.

Narrowly. And through copious use of making that Phanpy as disoriented as a Pidgey in a twister it didn't make. Logan figured it came down to luck in several spots.

THEN, he celebrated, rather calmly, and focusing on his Pokemon, to make sure she was proud in stopping it. "We did it, Kunai! We caught that Phanpy...Good girl, Great girl, awesome girl..." Logan said, patting his Shellder. It wasn't in the best of ways after what happened, but it clearly appreciated the affection.

He looked around him. He, briefly, saw a pidgey's...Err, business, land on a bush, but other than that, nothing of importance was lying around in eyesight. He proceeded to return to the main road, trying to think of a name for the New teammate, while simultaniously keeping an eye out for anything that may-or-may-not be important.
Official's Post

You continue down the path with your brand new Pokemon! Nothing of interest happens...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com