Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe
Default Tapatalk

So, it's the year 2012, and computing is slowly switching over to mobile devices. Not too long from now, all our computers will be portable (if they aren't already). However, mobile devices have a unique touch interface and so a regular website might not cut it anymore. I've noticed that PE2K has neither a mobile skin or any kind of mode for mobile browsing.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Allow me to introduce you to Tapatalk, a solid, multi-platform, mobile app that supports vBulletin forums. While the app itself is not free ($3), it's free to activate on the forum, allowing people with the app, such as myself, to access the forum with a really user-friendly mobile interface. Something to consider.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Tapatalk

How does the forum look on mobile phones anyway? Is it useable? I've never heard of tapatalk, but is it popular enough to make it worthwhile adding?

It wouldn't be a problem if we had the ability to edit forum themes whenever we wanted, but that's something only Ryan can do, so it's not something that can be immediately added/removed. We can try bringing it up with Ryan though...
Old 07-06-2012, 03:06 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

Spoiler:

Here's some screen shots; this is what PE2K looks like on a Blackberry Torch.
I had a hard time scrolling on it, because the links are so small; I kept accidentally clicking links.

Tapatalk really seems like a great thing for people with Smartphones/Tablets who go on forums. I want to check out what forums look like on it first though, before I decide to buy the product or not.

Shun the non-believer
Old 07-12-2012, 06:45 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

I'm on Elite a lot on my phone. Like right now in fact.

On my My Touch 4G, it looks about the same as the BlackBerry screens, except sometimes the forum crashes my browser. I think it's some of the ads. All the links are tap-able that would be click-able and it works. Many people stay away from paid apps so there might be a limited market to enabling that one app. What can be done though is making a vBulletin app just for this forum. I go to a forum that has an app like that already for both Android and iCrap.

Google Spacetime Studios Community app and you should see what I mean. It has some semi-big bugs, like the most important one being a caching issue where images go into Data and not cache like they're supposed to. But it generally works great.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 07-12-2012 at 06:47 PM.