Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:00 AM
White Knight Offline

Default Re: [WAR XI] Graphic Art

Title of your entry: it's a banner. yes.
Team you're on: Obscurity
Link to the entry:
click plox

This was my third or fourth try at banner making...so yeah grading should be normal but crit would be better at a more basic stage xD

render

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Last edited by White Knight; 07-06-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

A wild CHARMANDER appeared!

Title of your entry: Sweet Dreams
Team you're on: Eggman Empire
Sources and Credits: Render: Bulbapedia Archives, C4D: deviantArt
Link to the entry:

Old 07-07-2012, 11:19 PM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
A wild CHARMANDER appeared!

Title of your entry: Sweet Dreams
Sources and Credits: Render: Bulbapedia Archives, C4D: deviantArt
Link to the entry:
omg I was going to do musharna. Btw cute sig The text looks pretty good!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

WEEK 2 JUDING RESULTS

Yep, yep, you're itching for the results, so let's not wait on that.

BAD DREAMS BY NITRO
SCORE: 74/100

Not bad, I like the background, the black, magenta, and light purple go well together. The glow around the Darkrai sprite is pretty good, although I find using a sprite instead of a standard image of Darkrai didn't work that well, especially considering the larger-scaled up version of the sprite behind it got pixelated, although it was a decent attempt. Text, I feel, also could have used some work, as it's a plain font and doesn't catch the eye. Lastly, the background, while nice, doesn't really capture your theme of "bad dreams." Still, you're getting better, it was an improvement from your last entry.

DA DREAM BY JOKESTERJESSE
SCORE: 84/100

Definitely a good render to go with the theme. Wasn't expecting E.T., but you used it pretty well. I also like what you did with it, making it seem like Elliot is riding the bike on this surreal-like path. the text is also well-placed, and although I would have liked to see it use the same kind of gradient effect that you used for the "path," it still does the job. I would, however, would have liked to see a bit more done with it, and it seems the path and the colored glints of light are the only changes and differences I noticed that were different from the original render.

Also, next time, please fill out the form correctly... D:

IT'S A BANNER. YES. BY WHITE NIGHT
SCORE: 93/100

Yep, it's a banner, and a pretty good one too. I like the border, so many entries this year don't have one and I'm a bit surprised about that. This one has a neat effect, and I like it. The background also is a great cyan and light blue color, and I like the render you picked out as well. Angels rock. The text is also well incorporated, but could be just a tinge bit easier to read. But yeah, if this only your third or fourth attempt at banner making, keep going, because I think this rocks.

SWEET DREAMS BY CHARMANDER009
SCORE: 98/100

First off, I LOVE the text on this. To anyone else who's reading this, that's how you do text in a banner. Awesome dream-like glow with a fanciful non-standard font that is easy to read and very eye-catching that goes great with the theme. The purple and surreal background was also well-blended in with the C4D render, and I like how you made the Musharna render make it seem like she was emerging from the background, giving it a neat 3D feel. Very, very cool. Heavy on the purple, maybe could have used a bit of some other color in there, but really, I can't complain with this one. A+.

WEEK 2 WINNERS

1st Place (3 Points) - Charmander009 of Eggman Empire
2nd Place (2 Points) - White Knight of Team Obscurity
3rd Place (1 Point) - JokestertJesse of No-So-Super Friends

Week 3's theme will be up soon.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Play a little with your evil inside, for this week's theme is about the bad guys. Needless to say, these submissions shouldn't be about prancing ponies or cute bunnies... unless they're out for blood! Capture the darkness of some well-known villains from games and movies, or just evil in general.

And the parameters are as follows:
  • No size limitation, but yes, I really want to empathize borders this time. Your banner should have a border frame or border effect that goes with the theme.
  • Empathize on the colors BLACK and RED. You're free to put other colors in there as long as they blend well.
  • The text line "Do you think you know fear?" should be in there somewhere. But, you're also free to add your own text in addition to that if you'd like.
  • And yes, there should be at least one render (picture) in there, preferably something dark and morbid.

Muha ha ha ha!

Old 07-09-2012, 02:25 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

This looks like epic fun! :O Hopefully I will be able to get something in this week.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 07-09-2012, 02:55 AM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

An excuse to use comics. :D

Title of your entry: Magneto
Team you're on: Not so super friends
Sources and Credits: stock
Link to the entry:
Old 07-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

@JokerJesse: Hey, thanks! :D

And thanks Neo! ^^ Glad ya liked it! :D

Here's my new entry:

Title of your entry: Untimely Demise
Sources and Credits: Render: Zelda.wikia.com
Link to the entry:

Not sure if I did all that good on the text this time :/

Old 07-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

Well, Brainiac doesn't really have much of the imposing, sinister look, but I went for it anyways just because it's Brainiac. :P I suspect there are a multitude of ways this could be improved; it's the first time I've ever touched Photoshop, but it was fun, so yeah!

Title of your entry: Brainiac
Team you're on: Team Obscurity
Sources and Credits: Here is a picture I got from printscreening Episode 12 of the second season of League of Super Heroes.
Link to the entry:

Old 07-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro

Title of your entry: Do You Think You Know Fear?
Team you're on: .
Sources and Credits: murr murrrrr MURRRRRRRRRRRR
Link to the entry:

I never actually played a lot of Zelda, so I don't know a whole lot about Ganondorf/whether or not his character fits this theme. But I like the way he looks for this theme so there lol.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:26 PM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Title of your entry: Evil Laugh
Sources and Credits: render
Link to the entry: ok
Old 07-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Title of your entry: Red Miles
Team you're on: Revolution Uprising
Sources and Credits: This font ain't mine yo and some tumblr person took a still of this epic video. Everything else: handmade. B)
Link to the entry: Right here bro

Because no one escapes the miles. This guy's from that webcomic (Homestuck) and his name's Jack Noir, if you need to know. That was a pain in the hindquarters to make, primely because my copy-paste tool went haywire for a while, and then some bonehead decided not to put a question-mark in that font. It was extremely fun though. Gotta love reality-warping dog-headed villains! The banner is low on effects... Primely because I suck at effects.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 07-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

WEEK 3 JUDGING RESULTS

*Cracks knuckles*

Alright, looks like we're all here, so let's get the party started.

MAGNETO BY EMBREON
SCORE: 100/100

Yes, I'm giving this a clean and perfect score of 100, because no matter how hard I try, I can't find a single thing wrong with it, and I'd have to be a tenacious jackass to try and come up with some kind of BS reason to think that's justification for not giving this a perfect score. AWESOME use of black and red, and the white was also well-incorporated in the background. Meanwhile, that image of Magneto is just freaking BADASS and I love it. The background effects are also awesome and extremely well done. The text is just perfect and is easy to read while using a great font, and I like what you did with the border as well. Great use of a gradient on that one. This was everything I expected from this theme and then some. You rock. 'Nuff said.

UNTIMELY DEMISE BY CHARMANDER009
SCORE: 88/100

The text wasn't terrible, but I think it could have been better. It was a great font, but I don't think putting the font on Overlay was the way to go, as the words "Do" and "Know" are a tinge bit hard to read. The word "FEAR" also looks good and has a great font, but I might have done more with the glow around it to make the letters stand out a bit more. Besides that, the image of Ganondorf was pretty good, definitely one of his better ones. It is a little tough to notice him on the first glance, as he tends to blend it a little too well with the background. The border looks cool though, I like that. In general, it's still pretty good.

BRAINIAC BY BRAINIAC
SCORE: 78/100

I like the maroon and black background, but the text is tough to read. I'm thinking a black outer glow or something like that might have made it a bit better, as you have red text blending in with red background a little too much. The image of Brainiac is good and I like the red, wavy glow behind him. Again, the font you used for the text was great, and the background was good, but I think something more in range of shades than very dark maroon against black might have made this a little better.

DO YOU THINK YOU KNOW FEAR? BY NITRO
SCORE: 74/100

Interesting idea to go with a more infrared, red light approach. The background effect was cool, but it made the image of Ganondorf very tough to see, and if he had been any darker, he would have been nothing but a black shadow. Yeah, I wanted something dark, but not... so literally. I like the gray border though, and the text gets the job done. But yeah, I think the image of Ganondorf needed to be easier to see to give this a better score.

EVIL LAUGH BY JOKESTERJESSE
SCORE: 80/100

I love the effects, I like how you blended the render of Kira into the background, and I think the text was also pretty good, though a bit on the small side. Big issue is... you totally missed the parameter about the border, and yet everyone else didn't. I really like the splash-like effect, but I feel that if you had given this a cool border, I probably would have scored it somewhere in the mid 90s.

RED MILES BY VELOCITY
SCORE: 84/100

That was definitely a weird but interesting video. Anyway, I like the renders, but the background would have been better if it were brighter and easier to see the lightning and branch-like cracks. I think it would have looked cool if it was much easier to see it and really made the banner stand out. Also, while the renders were good, they just didn't seem to be blended in all that well with the rest of it. The text, however, is pretty good and easy to read. I also feel the banner would have greatly benefitted by removing the white around the banner itself and making that transparent.

WEEK 3 WINNERS

1st Place (3 Points) - EmBreon of Not-So-Super Friends
2nd Place (2 Points) - Charmander009 of Eggman Empire
3rd Place (1 Point) - Velocity of Revolution Uprising

And Week 3's theme is coming.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Spread your wings and soar off into the heavens, since we're going up into the clouds. This week, capture the thrill of flying through the skies in your piece.

Parameters are here:
  • Just to try something new, the size limitation is that the height and width should be the same, meaning your final piece should be square-shaped. How big or small that is will be up to you.
  • No text is necessary this week, but if you'd like to include a few words in there, by all means, go for it.
  • And I'd like you to have not one but two renders (pictures) in there. You can always add more than two, but two is the minimum.

And that's all. Cheers, and have a good one.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:56 AM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Wow, thanks Neo.

Moar comic heroes. Last time, I swear!

Title of your entry: Dunno
Sources and Credits: One, Two
Link to the entry:

Last edited by EmBreon; 07-20-2012 at 02:00 AM.