Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:39 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: [WAR XI] Drawn Art Section

Team: Eggman Empire
Name: Winter
Entry:
Multiple days and what feels like a million failed, crappy drawings later...
Spoiler:

I hate drawing Pokemon.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-22-2012, 04:36 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Entries closed. I wasn't around to say it since PE2K was down when I thought of it, but I gave you guys a little time extension. I don't think it really mattered though lol. I'll post results by tonight.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 07-23-2012, 02:43 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

For reference purposes:
-Theme; 10 points. Relevance to theme
-Creativity; 10 points. Thinking outside the box; the unexpected.
-Shading; 10 points. Proper shading or lack of (in some cases).
-Composition; 10 points. How well aspects are arranged on a canvas
-Overall Appeal; 10 points. How well everything looks as a whole.

Saraibre Ryu
Team: GUN
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I love the aerial angle for this. There are some bits and pieces that look a little out of place, but the idea was very creative. The shading looks great in some places like the shadow caused by the tree, but lacking in others such as the brown part of Torterra's shell and his legs. Everything looks proportional except for maybe the chair which looks kinda small and awkward. As a whole, the whole piece looks very well done. There's very little, if any, blank space which is always good.

Theme: 10 points
Creativity: 9 points
Shading: 8 points
Composition: 8 points
Overall Appeal: 9 points

Total: 44 points

Judge Dredd
Team: Awesome!
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I don't think I could have ever expected something like this. Big props on creativity with the superheros/pokemon crossover. Not much to criticize there. The shading is decent, but could use much more work. For example, the creases in their clothing are just lines with no shadows. The composition of this piece is interesting. I can see you put in good effort to the skyline in the back which is neat. The sizes of everything looks fairly proportional. As for overall appeal, it looks very pixelly which isn't good. I feel like if the edges of everything were a bit smoother it would look better.

Creativity: 10 points
Shading: 6 points
Overall Appeal: 6 points

Total: 40 points

Winter
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Can't say much for creativity. Fairly generic lol. Shading looks okay in some spots, but I think the way you used colored pencil makes it difficult to spot where some shading should be. Everything looks to be composed pretty well. I like how you can see the grass overlaying the girl's body and Raichu's foot. That's p. cool. However, the part of her shirt where the boobs would be looks... weird. Also, I think you should've included Raichu's right arm kinda hidden behind other part of his body, but still keeping it visible as well. As fr overall appeal, it looks fairly well done. It would be worth hanging on my wall so that's something lol.

Creativity: 6 points
Shading: 7 points
Overall Appeal: 8 points

Total: 39 points

First Place: Saraibre Ryu (3 points)
Second Place: Judge Dredd (2 points)
Third Place: Winter (1 point)

Thanks for the entries this week, everyone! ^_^ I'm glad I was barely able to award all the points. For next week's theme, I'm hoping there will be a lot of enthusiasm since I know a lot of people like to draw this kind of stuff. For week 5, the theme is WEAPONS. It can be anything from any point in time that was once used in combat, or it can be a weapon from a video game. It can even be a weapon used for general self defense. It can be pretty much anything that simply inflicts pain onto someone else. Human bodies don't count. I'd prefer not to see stuff as simple as pens, fingernails, food, or anything else that's kinda stupid. Be reasonable lol.

**Note: For this week, there will only be a First and Second place. This is because in week 3, there were two third place winners which made extra points from Drawn Art be given out. Okay, so yeah. Yeah.

^ Anastasia-R ^

Last edited by TheEvilDookie; 07-23-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Missed last week's. I'll try my best to enter this week's. c:

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 07-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

-Team: Eggman Empire
-Name: Charmander009
-Entry: Le Master Sword...

Spoiler:

Sigh... This looks so much better in person... *mutters something about photo-quality*

Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

I only have 2 entries right now, guys. Entries close tonight so don't delay.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Old 07-29-2012, 02:48 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Name:
Team:
Entry:
Spoiler:

I literally could not come up with any kind of background for this... XD Anyway, for those who don't know, this is a Keyblade, the weapon of choice in the Kingdom Hearts series, however you won't find any "official" game art for this one because this is one I designed myself awhile back for a roleplay character. I apologize for the funny spots on it, as I had a few mishaps while inking that got tackled by white-out... They'd have looked more ridiculous if I'd let them be, though, trust me

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-29-2012, 03:58 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Name: Judge Dredd
Title: Nosy Cricket

Spoiler:

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 07-29-2012, 04:22 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

K I'm going to bed now, so entries closed. Results will be up tomorrow.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Old 07-30-2012, 04:16 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

For reference purposes:
-Theme; 10 points. Relevance to theme
-Creativity; 10 points. Thinking outside the box; the unexpected.
-Shading; 10 points. Proper shading or lack of (in some cases).
-Composition; 10 points. How well aspects are arranged on a canvas
-Overall Appeal; 10 points. How well everything looks as a whole.

Saraibre Ryu
Team: GUN
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I never played Ratchet and Clank before so looking up what Mr Zurkon was was pretty interesting. For raw technical terms, I suppose one could call him an automated turret which is unique. Shading is very well done. I love the glow in his eyes and antenna thing. The composition of the piece however I feel is your weakness. His left hand looks like it's in a really awkward position and I'm having a hard time visualizing how it would look at other angles. Also, the laser gun being pointed at the viewer confused me when I first saw it. I initially thought he didn't even have an arm at first before I looked him up. Overall, the piece definitely has appealing visuals. My only problem with it, as I've just said was the positioning of his arms I guess.

Composition: 6 points

Total: 41 points

Charmander009
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I, myself am a big fan of the master sword, so take for you, that could either be really good or bad. I'll try my best to refrain from any bias and/or excessive criticism. ;) However, with the LoZ games being so popular as they are, one would argue that using the main weapon would not be very creative without any supporting features. As for the shading of the piece goes, this was definitely your forte. Maybe it was your camera not being able to pick up any minor evident flaws, but I have no complaints about shading. For composition, I feel like you struggled a little bit. One thing that I noticed was that in the hilt of the sword, the left and right handles (I don't know what proper term is) look misshapen in that the left handle is considerably smaller than the right. Also, the small line going down the middle leading to the base of the triforce symbol is a little off. There are also tiny other misalignment issues, but those were the two that stuck out to me the most. Overall, disregarding the composition errors, the piece looks beautiful. I would have loved to see what it looked like if you colored it in.

Creativity: 7 points
Shading: 10 points
Composition: 7 points

Total: 42 points

Winter
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Very interesting entry you've got. Nothing that I would have expected in that it's a personal deviation of the swords used from the game. I like it when people use their own ideas to make something new out of something already existing if that makes sense. Anyways, onto the more technical aspects, I see some areas that could have used some serious improvements. I don't really consider color to be shading, so besides that, I really see no shading at all and there's really nothing else to comment about that. I woull give you some points for the pretty colors though so meh. As for composition, everything looks fairly symmetrical. I love the details in the feathers. Those look cool. For the key-shaped part at the end of the blade, that could use some improvements as well. I imagine it's supposed to be in the shape of a wing seeing as how there are feathers all around, but there's just no detail to it. Overall, the color makes the piece look pretty to the eyes, but it simply lacks needed details in vital areas.

Shading: 5 points
Overall Appeal: 7 points

Total: 37 points

Judge Dredd
Entry:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Before I start, I'm curious as to what the title of your entry means lol. If it's from a video game or anime or something, I couldn't find what it was supposed to be so I'm going completely off of assumptions. Your weapon of choice looks to be a laser gun with the base/handle in the shape of modern handguns. At least it's not just simply a normal gun that shoots bullets though, so that's good. The shading looks really good. There are a few places that look like the shadows were scribbled in too messily, but from a distance, there isn't too much to complain about. For composition, there are definitely some spots that looks like you neglected on putting enough time into it. Specifically, the little padded button things on the handle , the trigger, and what I'm guessing is the hammer. The each look like they were rushed, which is a big no no in making art. Overall the piece looks very nice. I know that drawing guns can be difficult when you get down to the small detailed parts, but that's what makes the difference between professional and amateur artwork.

Creativity: 8 points

Total: 40 points

1st place: Charmander009 (3 points)
2nd place: Saraibre Ryu (2 points)

Thank you guys for your entries and participating throughout the weeks! It makes me feel good that there were always entries and that they all looked truly magnificent. All of you are great artists in your own ways and I hope that no matter the results, you guys keep up your passion for making art. It's been a stressful, yet rewarding 5 weeks for me and all this judging. Thanks again, to you all for making it worth it. (:

^ Anastasia-R ^
Old 07-30-2012, 05:12 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

So, even though I didn't get any entries finished on time, I like to come look at the results because there are so many awesome artists here. I was just reading the summary for Dredd's picture and had to comment. The Noisy Cricket comes from Men in Black. I'm afraid that I've seen that movie far too many times, so I recognized it before I even looked at the title. ^^' Also, that picture is definitely not life-size on my screen. XD
Old 07-30-2012, 06:19 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
So, even though I didn't get any entries finished on time, I like to come look at the results because there are so many awesome artists here. I was just reading the summary for Dredd's picture and had to comment. The Noisy Cricket comes from Men in Black. I'm afraid that I've seen that movie far too many times, so I recognized it before I even looked at the title. ^^' Also, that picture is definitely not life-size on my screen. XD
Yup is from men in black.

with all due respect Evil Im not a professional artist. A three dollar set of colored pencils and a cheap camera are hard to make real art with. I think I may have been to old for this competition. I think if I were 9 years younger my references might be more up to date...lol Also as far the weapons go, I could have created some crazy weapons with creatures had i known that was the assignment. I really thought it was only about the weapons thats why i tried to find a real weapon which was the focus of my drawing. Having seen Saras drawing I really feel like the description wasnt clear enough. I had fun drawing it either way. Congrats to all the winners !

Thanks for having me in your drawing contest

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List