Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Gem N Ems's Avatar
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In my own world.
Posts: 6,807
Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Upload Failed

Okay, not sure if I'm the only one getting this, but every time I try to use an avi uploaded from any image hosting site it comes up with "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."
I have no idea why, but this is getting pretty annoying. B' Help?
__________________

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Kaoru's Avatar
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pallet Town
Posts: 4,462
Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru
Default Re: Upload Failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem N Ems View Post
Okay, not sure if I'm the only one getting this, but every time I try to use an avi uploaded from any image hosting site it comes up with "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."
I have no idea why, but this is getting pretty annoying. B' Help?
You have to save the image to your computer in order for it to work. Nobody can use the other option.
__________________
Join the PE2K Wi-Fi League!

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indigo Plateau
Posts: 326
Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion
Default Re: Upload Failed

As said, it would be easier to save the image to your computer and upload it from their.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Gem N Ems's Avatar
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In my own world.
Posts: 6,807
Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: Upload Failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
You have to save the image to your computer in order for it to work. Nobody can use the other option.
Yeah, but when I do that for some reason it turns out all...well blurred. :/ Which is why I was doing it that way in the first place.
...also why is the other option there if it doesn't even work.
__________________

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Kaoru's Avatar
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pallet Town
Posts: 4,462
Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru
Default Re: Upload Failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem N Ems View Post
Yeah, but when I do that for some reason it turns out all...well blurred. :/ Which is why I was doing it that way in the first place.
...also why is the other option there if it doesn't even work.
If you're trying to upload an image bigger than 100x100, it'll come out blurred. If you are trying to upload a normal 100x100 image, then it has to be under the file size that it says.

To be honest, I have no clue what to do. Maybe ask Hary? ^^'
__________________
Join the PE2K Wi-Fi League!

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Gem N Ems's Avatar
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In my own world.
Posts: 6,807
Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: Upload Failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
If you're trying to upload an image bigger than 100x100, it'll come out blurred. If you are trying to upload a normal 100x100 image, then it has to be under the file size that it says.

To be honest, I have no clue what to do. Maybe ask Hary? ^^'
Nope, 100x100, same as always. I have no idea either. =[

Thanks, though.
__________________

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Operative's Avatar
Operative Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 5,862
Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: Upload Failed

Not posting an answer for this or anything, just saying I've had this problem since I joined (yes back in 2007) but whenever I uploaded images from my computer they never came out blurred. :/
__________________

|thedynamicduo|
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-02-2012, 09:35 PM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,074
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Upload Failed

Hmmm, I was not aware the other option does not function (probably because I never change my avatar). I'll look into it.

In regards to the upload/blurry problem, there could be a number of factors. What format are you uploading, how large is the file size, and is it in RGB format?
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Gem N Ems's Avatar
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In my own world.
Posts: 6,807
Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: Upload Failed

Well at first I was trying to upload an animated gif, but even that didn't work. And the size was only 12kb - well under the 40kb limit.

The other one I tried to upload was a png file, 100x100, 119kb, RGB. But that should still work fine. When I try to upload the gif version I made at 12kb, it acts like a jpg. But it, too, blurs. That shouldn't be right? :/
__________________

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-04-2012, 03:42 AM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,074
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Upload Failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem N Ems View Post
Well at first I was trying to upload an animated gif, but even that didn't work. And the size was only 12kb - well under the 40kb limit.

The other one I tried to upload was a png file, 100x100, 119kb, RGB. But that should still work fine. When I try to upload the gif version I made at 12kb, it acts like a jpg. But it, too, blurs. That shouldn't be right? :/

Well, I'm not expert on image upload/display problems, but it sounds like it's a matter of file type. The site just seems to work better with some types rather than others. Have you tried converting it?

I've experienced similar problems working on the Pe2K site itself. I'm not entirely sure why this is the case so I'll keep digging.
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Gem N Ems's Avatar
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In my own world.
Posts: 6,807
Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: Upload Failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Well, I'm not expert on image upload/display problems, but it sounds like it's a matter of file type. The site just seems to work better with some types rather than others. Have you tried converting it?

I've experienced similar problems working on the Pe2K site itself. I'm not entirely sure why this is the case so I'll keep digging.
Well it's never done this with all my other png files and I really don't want to convert them to crappy jpg. x.x

Thanks for the work, Harry.
__________________

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-16-2012, 04:04 AM
Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 5,956
Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Upload Failed

*Stumbles in*

Yeah, anytime I try to use any URL link it says that error message. I had to go through like 50 avatars before this [awesome] one, so I lost some CPU space. XD

But yes, this happens EVERY TIME. c:
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com