Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 07-16-2012, 01:31 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][8/9] One Spot Open ! 7/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Okay the first out of game city we will go to is going to be Sable City. We will be crossing through there to get to Pewter City

As far Dark City Ill give you a link to get some background on it. A town located between the Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_City

It will have two gym leaders
I will credit you GREATLY for finding a location with the Game's map that EXISTS and can be called logical. For one, the Safari Zone is directly north of Fuchisa City. Fuchisa is almost a seaside city, as another, with, from the ocean, just a small beach and a checkpoint all that stands between it and the city, meaning that Dark City is either the middle of the ocean (which isn't canonically possible in the Anime itself) or else is so close to Fuchisa city that there shouldn't be a distinction.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][8/9] One Spot Open ! 7/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
I will credit you GREATLY for finding a location with the Game's map that EXISTS and can be called logical. For one, the Safari Zone is directly north of Fuchisa City. Fuchisa is almost a seaside city, as another, with, from the ocean, just a small beach and a checkpoint all that stands between it and the city, meaning that Dark City is either the middle of the ocean (which isn't canonically possible in the Anime itself) or else is so close to Fuchisa city that there shouldn't be a distinction.
Well based on the Game Map I could fit Dark City in south of route 11 or north of route 15. Also there is room for a town west of Celadon based on the game map.

This is if I am trying to fit it within the boarders of the game map thought. Its a story and creativity is the key to a great story. If you cant imagine another town or city in all of Kanto you need to open up more.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 07-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
Well based on the Game Map I could fit Dark City in south of route 11 or north of route 15. Also there is room for a town west of Celadon based on the game map.

This is if I am trying to fit it within the boarders of the game map thought. Its a story and creativity is the key to a great story. If you cant imagine another town or city in all of Kanto you need to open up more.
I am...But going off the Map, North of route 15 and South of Route 11 are both out of the range to be between the Safari Zone and Cinnibar Island. There isn't ONE landmass aside from Fushica city in that range. Not one. I'm serious. Well, Seafoam counts, but that's already an important place.

I'm not trying to disown your idea for an Anime city being good for a 9th gym. Hell no, I support a wildcard Gym... Try elseware, though, if you're aiming for canonical geographical accuracy. If you're not really concerned about that, just stick it on a random island and ignore the maps, or better yet, Try Seafoam island if you're not concerned about Articuno being down there. (I also have no objections to other Anime Cities, either.)

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:11 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
I am...But going off the Map, North of route 15 and South of Route 11 are both out of the range to be between the Safari Zone and Cinnibar Island. There isn't ONE landmass aside from Fushica city in that range. Not one. I'm serious. Well, Seafoam counts, but that's already an important place.

I'm not trying to disown your idea for an Anime city being good for a 9th gym. Hell no, I support a wildcard Gym... Try elseware, though, if you're aiming for canonical geographical accuracy. If you're not really concerned about that, just stick it on a random island and ignore the maps, or better yet, Try Seafoam island if you're not concerned about Articuno being down there. (I also have no objections to other Anime Cities, either.)
I think this should answer your question as far what the map of kanto shows.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...HGSS_Kanto.png

You can not disown my ides, since its not my idea. The creators of the game and show made it. I will be using whatever town I feel should be mixed in to help the story. Please understand this will be going more based on the Anime Map than the game map.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:57 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Quote:
This Role Play is a little bit different from normal ones. I can say out right that I Did not have the whole thing figured out when I was started. I had a general idea of how to run it but as you can see with how often I post here I am still working on things as we go. GCeA Yellow is almost a test thread for a much bigger project. So I really do want feedback from everyone as far as what they think or what could make it better.

That being said. Here are somethings that have been changed since we started.
1) Leveling Up has been taken out of the Role Play because as many people said it takes away from story. I think it puts and unnecessary limit on your pokemon strength . You will still need to use points to evolve a pokemon though.

2)Evolving a Pokemon has become much more expensive. Pokemon dont evolve overnight, as the journey will take awhile you will have a lot of time to train with your pokemon. Final costs have not been figured out yet. Once they have, I will add them up here.

3)Free points, I will add sections into the story where you can gain points. Right now, the best way to do that is to train against wild pokemon when I post them. You will have the choice to either catch or train when I post wild pokemon.

4)6 Pokemon limit, just like both the game and show, you can only carry 6 pokemon with you.

5)Most pokemon will be in two areas. If you a general idea of what pokemon are found where you should use that to figure what you want to do. For example pokemon that are normally in many places like pidgeys should be taken second to a pokemon that is more rare. Just a forwarning that you will have to make some tough choices.

6)Gym leaders. There will be nine leaders, which will include a new town. Each of you will need to earn four badges.

7)Money, you will be using points as money. So you will be able to buy stuff with your points.
Ok but what about Leaders like Forest packing final forms against us new trainers? That's impossible to beat dude. And I hope you're not including Viridian Forest as part of Route 2 pokes?

Let us know about how evolving works as soon as you decide, please, both regular and special methods.

When I have a poke I want and it's off the path we are following or we passed it's habitat and I didn't have the points at the time, what do we do?

I really think we need more ways to earn points than just 5 points per post. With needing items and at least 5 more balls each, the prices are gonna need to be cheap with evolving also costing points. We can run out pretty quickly dude.
Quote:
No, just pick one. Youll get more chances for training throughout the story.

As far as towns go, Ive done research on towns and I will be adding some of the anime towns into the RP.

Dark City being the main one Im considering for the Gym
Didn't both of those "leaders" fail to have their Gyms certified in the Anime? And if you add them both it will be ten and not 8 dude. Well unless one of the ones in the games is being closed.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Ok but what about Leaders like Forest packing final forms against us new trainers? That's impossible to beat dude. And I hope you're not including Viridian Forest as part of Route 2 pokes?

Let us know about how evolving works as soon as you decide, please, both regular and special methods.

When I have a poke I want and it's off the path we are following or we passed it's habitat and I didn't have the points at the time, what do we do?

I really think we need more ways to earn points than just 5 points per post. With needing items and at least 5 more balls each, the prices are gonna need to be cheap with evolving also costing points. We can run out pretty quickly dude.Didn't both of those "leaders" fail to have their Gyms certified in the Anime? And if you add them both it will be ten and not 8 dude. Well unless one of the ones in the games is being closed.
Like I said in the last post you will be able to earn points by taking on training battles. If we enter a place and there are no pokemon you can capture. You will have the option to battle for training. You can earn 2 extra points for these battles.

Also the story takes place more then 20 years after that anime. When it gets the point where its time for that battle I will give a more proper explanation.

I am considering adding more 2nd stage pokemon into the pewter gym. we still have a little while

As far as the journey goes, after route two we will be heading into viridian forest and then Sable City.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:37 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Alrighty then.

Training battles with Max where he teaches us stuff or with random pokes like you're offering right now?

So how are you handling coming back for pokes who only appear in certain spots? Like say I want Weedle, can't afford or don't want while we're in Viridian Forest, then want later. Am I hosed?
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Alrighty then.

Training battles with Max where he teaches us stuff or with random pokes like you're offering right now?

So how are you handling coming back for pokes who only appear in certain spots? Like say I want Weedle, can't afford or don't want while we're in Viridian Forest, then want later. Am I hosed?
Had not considered training battles against you guys, that would be something interesting.

I meant battling wild pokemon for experience. did you read my post about this ????

If you choose not to capture a pokemon such as weedle in the forest battling the gym leader is going to be very very hard.

This goes for everyone, Dont miss a chance to catch a pokemon. You will have plenty of time for earning points throughout the story ! You're going to be facing a gym leader with two strong pokemon and its crucial that you have two pokemon to battle with. That is if you are challenging Forrest. Like I said you only have to beat four gyms...but they each will be getting harder.

Last edited by Judge Dredd; 07-17-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Are you saying '2nd stage' in the TCG sense or the '1st-2nd-3rd' sense? Either way, please no Final Evos. We will not be able to get enough points to evolve either of our Pokemon to that stage. Basic forms, maybe a 1st stage, but please mostly basic forms. No 1st Gym Leader ever faced in Pokemon had 2nd stage Pokemon to fight with PERIOD, and only one had a (rather weak) 1st-stage evo for the fight (Falkner and his Pidgeotto).

On another note, you've approved my post about knocking out a Spearow. By coincidence, are there any more Spearow up for capture, or was that the only Spearow on the route up for capture/battle?

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Are you saying '2nd stage' in the TCG sense or the '1st-2nd-3rd' sense? Either way, please no Final Evos. We will not be able to get enough points to evolve either of our Pokemon to that stage. Basic forms, maybe a 1st stage, but please mostly basic forms. No 1st Gym Leader ever faced in Pokemon had 2nd stage Pokemon to fight with PERIOD, and only one had a (rather weak) 1st-stage evo for the fight (Falkner and his Pidgeotto).

On another note, you've approved my post about knocking out a Spearow. By coincidence, are there any more Spearow up for capture, or was that the only Spearow on the route up for capture/battle?
Onix was the biggest pokemon in the game and it was in first gym. I will consider toning down the gym.

The route are packed with pokemon so dont worry about battling one.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
Onix was the biggest pokemon in the game and it was in first gym. I will consider toning down the gym.
It still was not an evolved Pokemon. Onix had Steelix to evolve into. That doesn't prove very much. Size matters not for evolutions...Evolved Pokemon are what I'm fretting over. A Pichu, screw the type advantage, will not win against a Crobat. Nidoran cannot beat Forteress. They can beat a Zubat (or a Golbat) and a Pineco.

Also, Phione, who is weaker than Manaphy, is also bigger than Manaphy size-wise. Nevertheless, thanks for considering the tone-down.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
It still was not an evolved Pokemon. Onix had Steelix to evolve into. That doesn't prove very much. Size matters not for evolutions...Evolved Pokemon are what I'm fretting over. A Pichu, screw the type advantage, will not win against a Crobat. Nidoran cannot beat Forteress. They can beat a Zubat (or a Golbat) and a Pineco.

Also, Phione, who is weaker than Manaphy, is also bigger than Manaphy size-wise. Nevertheless, thanks for considering the tone-down.
Phione is 20 feet bigger than Manaphy...size does matter especially for those of you not using water or grass pokemon.

And of course Id consider toning it down, I want something that will be challenging but not impossible.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

I reckon I could make a post in which Slick, my Psyduck, would be able to take down Steelix. Of course, he wouldn't be able to make it past the next Pokemon. It could be possible to take two Pokemon down with the use of two or more of your own Pokemon? Sure, they may be evolved, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be super strong or whatever - it can be possible to take out just one Pokemon when judging type match-ups and moves.

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:05 PM
bronislav84 Offline

No I read your post about battling for XP. I'd like to see how other people handle it first thiugh, for inspiration. Would be fun to training battle with Max even if we lose.

I can abuse a Rock Gym using mostly physical attacks on a ghost that phases through everything thrown at it and has anime justification for doing so. Do I want to? No, because it sounds pretty unfair to me. I want a challenging Gym, but not impossible. Please?

I had to defeat Brock with cheese twice already (Original Red and Fire Red) using Pidgey and Sand Attack. Cheese tactics is just cheesy.

Last edited by bronislav84; 07-17-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
I reckon I could make a post in which Slick, my Psyduck, would be able to take down Steelix. Of course, he wouldn't be able to make it past the next Pokemon. It could be possible to take two Pokemon down with the use of two or more of your own Pokemon? Sure, they may be evolved, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be super strong or whatever - it can be possible to take out just one Pokemon when judging type match-ups and moves.

~Sealboy
I think beating the gyms is going to take a lot of hard work and creativity. Its really based more on your imagination then the actual match up. Now I will say that the team gym leaders pokemon will always be extremely tough. Even when your pokemon are in there final forms I would expect to see a really great match. The key with your new pokemon will have to be a winning strategy

Quote:
No I read your post about battling for XP. I'd like to see how other people handle it first thiugh, for inspiration. Would be fun to training battle with Max even if we lose.

I can abuse a Rock Gym using mostly physical attacks on a ghost that phases through everything thrown at it and has anime justification for doing so. Do I want to? No, because it sounds pretty unfair to me. I want a challenging Gym, but not impossible. Please?

I had to defeat Brock with cheese twice already (Original Red and Fire Red) using Pidgey and Sand Attack. Cheese tactics is just cheesy.

Training battles are an option Max has a ton of pokemon.

Yes, winning like that would be a cop out, youll need to work hard to beat the gym.