Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 06-21-2012, 02:28 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][8/9] One Spot Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Ah I see. Somebody dropped out or had to be dropped. Hmm what's the rules on Eevee evolutions that aren't the Kanto ones? By character definition I would like to get an Umbreon later. Would this be possible? Otherwise I'm good with Gastly and will just save up for Eevee.
you will be able to unlock Umbreon at some point, but you wouldnt be able to pick it since it wont be until close the end. THe Johto evolutions will be possible but much much later on, so as right now your eevee doesnt evolve.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 06-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][8/9] One Spot Left

Name: Persephone Silverton.
Class: Ace Trainer of the Grass variety.
Specializations: Because of how much time she spends in nature, Persephone can very easily understand Pokemon. It's like they speak English to her.
Appearance: Persephone is very small and slim, and people constantly mistake her for younger than she is. Her green eyes are wide and always darting around, seeing the world. She has long, wild curls of medium-blond hair. She usually wears overalls and florally-decorated or brightly-colored shirts. She wears shoes extremely rarely.
Personality: Persephone is one of the sweetest, most loving people you will ever meet. She has a kind heart for just about everyone. She is very outgoing but not very loud. She loves to laugh and have fun among people, but when she's by herself she most enjoys the peace and serenity found only in nature. She is an avid environmentalist and vegetarian, and often ends up cramming these beliefs down others' throats, though not intentionally. She is quite timid and is easily influenced by others' moods, words, and emotions.
History: Persephone was born and raised in Viridian City, where she was ensconced in green and where she learned to love nature. She was always out exploring the woods with her parents, eager to explore the world of both plants and Pokemon. When the school for Trainer survival began in her home city, she eagerly enrolled, and was chosen to be one of the special nine to go on the journey. She was fearful, but she was ready to go forth bravely with Laurel at her side.
Start Pokemon: Laurel the male Bulbasaur. Persephone met Laurel in the wild; he had a broken leg and Persephone nursed him back to health. Laurel hasn't left her side since.
Other: I've always wanted a vegetarian character, even though meat's awesome.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 06-21-2012, 02:41 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I was afraid of that. I guess it's between Gastly and Bulba then. Hmm Bulba it is. Although I still want Eevee at some point when Umbreon becomes allowed. There's no Dark types actually in the original cadre of Pokes, since you know, Dark was created after the original generation. I'll go change that.

Anyway I'll be starting late since I'd like to get some advice from people and they won't be on until tomorrow.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 06-21-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:49 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Name: Persephone Silverton.
Class: Ace Trainer of the Grass variety.
Specializations: Because of how much time she spends in nature, Persephone can very easily understand Pokemon. It's like they speak English to her.
Appearance: Persephone is very small and slim, and people constantly mistake her for younger than she is. Her green eyes are wide and always darting around, seeing the world. She has long, wild curls of medium-blond hair. She usually wears overalls and florally-decorated or brightly-colored shirts. She wears shoes extremely rarely.
Personality: Persephone is one of the sweetest, most loving people you will ever meet. She has a kind heart for just about everyone. She is very outgoing but not very loud. She loves to laugh and have fun among people, but when she's by herself she most enjoys the peace and serenity found only in nature. She is an avid environmentalist and vegetarian, and often ends up cramming these beliefs down others' throats, though not intentionally. She is quite timid and is easily influenced by others' moods, words, and emotions.
History: Persephone was born and raised in Viridian City, where she was ensconced in green and where she learned to love nature. She was always out exploring the woods with her parents, eager to explore the world of both plants and Pokemon. When the school for Trainer survival began in her home city, she eagerly enrolled, and was chosen to be one of the special nine to go on the journey. She was fearful, but she was ready to go forth bravely with Laurel at her side.
Start Pokemon: Laurel the male Bulbasaur. Persephone met Laurel in the wild; he had a broken leg and Persephone nursed him back to health. Laurel hasn't left her side since.
Other: I've always wanted a vegetarian character, even though meat's awesome.
Awesome, welcome to the team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmm, I was afraid of that. I guess it's between Gastly and Bulba then. Hmm Bulba it is. Although I still want Eevee at some point when Umbreon becomes allowed. There's no Dark types actually in the original cadre of Pokes, since you know, Dark was created after the original generation. I'll go change that.

You should just stick gastly, as for the rest you will be encountering the rest of the pokemon in the story to catch including Eevee.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:52 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Ok Gastly it is then. Gonna go change that. I have an idea for the character with Gastly.

And that's why I don't think people should quote me. That post in the quote is old now.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:57 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Awesome I look forward seeing you join in.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:40 PM
White Knight Offline

Was Katie the 9th spot or is there still one left?

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Old 06-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Was Katie the 9th spot or is there still one left?
yeah she was, sorry i forgot to update the title.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:55 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][9/9]

Just a question...since we have point value's for captures...

What is evolution going to cost point wise?
Old 06-26-2012, 05:01 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Whatever level the pokemon evolves will be the cost. Charmander evolves into charmeleon at 16. so it will cost 16 points.
Also i will be doing some serious updates but you will be able to level up your pokemon in this game unlike red or blue. So one point =one level

Old 07-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][2/9]Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
Personality: Overall, Xiac is a laid-back and easy-going guy. Naturally calm and relaxed, he is able to think clearly in most situations. Xiac is also kind-hearted and generous - his intentions always for the good. He may seem careless to some, but he's a genius on the battlefield - carefully planning each and every move, Xiac seems to act as cool as a professional when it comes to battling. Although this is not actually so, it helps to keep his opponent on their toes and unaware of his lack in experience.
Editted my Personality a 'lil bit - lemme know if it's okay Boss.

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][2/9]Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
Editted my Personality a 'lil bit - lemme know if it's okay Boss.

~Sealboy
it looks fine man.

Okay guys/girls, any questions about battling and capturing should be asked here.

It will be assumed at all pokemon start out at level 5. You are allowed to level them up but youll need to post a request here for that. Unlike Red/Blue your pokemon can go up to level 100.

It should be noted that there will be 9 gyms to battle and each of you will be responsible for beating one. The gym leaders pokemon will be given levels.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

How are we going to work out how to request a level in an RP? I just don't see how a level system in something more anime based is going to work other than using discreation and knowledge by each role player. Also considering Shay did mention her Charmander already being able to use Ember in my first post...I can understand capturing but levels...?

I'm just not understanding how you're thinking of working it so if it works with the points or something, an explanation would be helpful. ^^'

Also, nine gyms instead of eight? o.O
Old 07-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Well to be honest the anime hints at there being more then 8 gyms. I figured every trainer should have to be fight in at least one gym. That way everyone wasnt waiting to battle warn out gym leaders. I thought it would be interesting to see each person help out the team in one gym.

You make a good point, ive been trying to way the pros and cons of add levels into the story. Points will be still be needed for capturing wild pokmon and leveling pokemon up. I thought Levels would help trainers who dont get a full team until later in the game.

The levels would only be relevant in gym battles and some of the other random battles that might happen in the role play. The levels wouldnt be about unlocking moves.

Does this help at all ? and if you are really against the levels id like to hear more peoples thoughts

Old 07-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel

I like the idea of multiple gyms, although it could be hard to make work without adding in Anime-style "filler towns". As far as levels go, I feel like it really tears away a lot of the realism to the story. Although some works, such as Pokemon Special, have made references to levels, they are often little more than fleeting mentions, because it's such a hard thing to decide the battle on such an arbitrary system than a matter of who is the more skilled battler.

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above