Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 07-18-2012, 03:10 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][8/9] One Spot Open ! 7/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
If we're going to allow battles between the group, I must point out that Markus and Akira also have beef, although all the hate for Mage-types is currently unknown to her. Unless I'm mistaken, Latio you haven't had your character openly voice his hate of Mages, and it's just been all in his personal thoughts.

Also Latio you're not the only one who wants to try battling the GL. I'd like to also if you hadn't noticed. I've just been having trouble wrapping my head around the overwhelming odds. Very much in character actually. Akira lacks confidence.
Battles among the group were always going to be part of the story, just not sure when im going to open that up. I will need to get people outside the story to help me judge the winners.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 07-18-2012, 03:18 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
Default Re: Gotta Catch em' all Kanto: Yellow Version [SU/DS][8/9] One Spot Open ! 7/12

Or we could just judge it for ourselves? RP conflicts are pretty much staple. Assuming it's done fairly, with taking hits correctly and not dodging absolutely everything a la godmodding, the fight can just be done the usual RP fight way with the two people figuring out how much damage each one is taking fairly until somebody's poke expires or is close and has to recalled. It's like fighting an NPC except we are not allowed to assume our attack hits. It's up to the other player to judge the intent and take damage accordingly. Creativity is the name of the game.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 07-18-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:28 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Whoa. Mention Shay V. Markus and suddenly it's a hotspot.

Admittantly, I'd wager Markus, at minimum, has the advantage: His knowledge on Fire-Types, being the Fire Spinner, despite Epic not knowing any super-effective moves against it, and probably regardless of Charmander not being one of his potential Pokemon, is a HUGE advantage against Shay, her only Pokemon at the moment being a Charmander.

And I agree with Bron, 100%.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:36 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Or we could just judge it for ourselves? RP conflicts are pretty much staple. Assuming it's done fairly, with taking hits correctly and not dodging absolutely everything a la godmodding, the fight can just be done the usual RP fight way with the two people figuring out how much damage each one is taking fairly until somebody's pole expires or is close and has to recalled. It's like fighting an NPC except we are not allowed to assume our attack hits. It's up to the other player to judge the intent and take damage accordingly. Creativity is the name of the game.
This sounds more like an ASBL battle, unless i can see a proper example of what your talking about im going to have to say no.

As far as the battle goes I wouldnt worry about that at this point.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:17 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Not an ASB battle. It's just how fighting in roleplays is done. People take reasonable shots at each other until a winner is decided. Sabi help me out here? I have no examples to give because it's been years since I've been in a RP fight.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:41 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
Whoa. Mention Shay V. Markus and suddenly it's a hotspot.

Admittantly, I'd wager Markus, at minimum, has the advantage: His knowledge on Fire-Types, being the Fire Spinner, despite Epic not knowing any super-effective moves against it, and probably regardless of Charmander not being one of his potential Pokemon, is a HUGE advantage against Shay, her only Pokemon at the moment being a Charmander.

And I agree with Bron, 100%.
Yes he's a Fire Spinner, but let's not forget two things:

1: Shay hatched Asharas from an egg at a young age. The two have been together already for at least eight years if not more. Their bond is strong and Shay has plenty of experience battling already, which leads me to my second point.

2: Shay was raised on a Pokemon Ranch. A big one. What she doesn't have in social skills was put into Pokemon battling and understanding. She has an affinity for Pokemon on a ridiculous level where people would call her a wild child. She was raised around a plethora of different kinds of Pokemon and that's mainly who she interacted with the past all years of her life so far aside from her parents. Her knowledge of different kinds of Pokemon is intense, as I wrote in her history.

Shay doesn't battle Pokemon in their typical way, she has a unique battling style for every Pokemon she uses, so that's multiple battling styles based on the Pokemon that all connect based on the simple idea of doing the unexpected. So there in lies Shay's advantages.

If the battle does happen, it will be epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
This sounds more like an ASBL battle, unless i can see a proper example of what your talking about im going to have to say no.

As far as the battle goes I wouldnt worry about that at this point.
RP battles can be a bit hard to bring out but it is possible. Sometimes, since RP are more story based, a battle is scripted between the two people, or a compromise is made so that each side gets something if one of them wins, but it is solely between the two battlers. The rules of godmodding are applied here where, as said before, you can't dodge everything and if you're going to dodge something, make it reasonable. Everything has to be believeable and of course a GM can step in if something looks out of place. For example if I honestly didn't see something coming in a battle in an RP, I take some damage for it, because if it were real Pokemon actually battling, that would be the case.

As bron said, yes, creativity is the name of the game, with also a curtosey rule in mind that if one of your attacks is said to be landed by your opponent, one of theirs should hit. Also not dodging everything, and if you're going to make a good dodge, make it believable.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:10 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

are you talking like a turned based thing, where each person makes a move or two and the next person replies ?

Old 07-18-2012, 05:14 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Pretty much, since RP's we do have to wait for the other person to post. Just as long as the other person doesn't do SO much that it doesn't give time for the other person to respond to everything, doesn't god mod or bunny, and uses the curtosey rule, it pretty much goes how I explained before.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:23 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Thank you Sabi. That's what I meant but had trouble formulating.

I want to add that RP conflict posts can sometimes be very short if all the person does is one defensive and one offensive action. I personally have trouble inserting filler into a fight post because usually everything else is ignored and all thoughts are on the fight.

Last edited by bronislav84; 07-18-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Hey guys, sorry for not having a post yet. Real life stuff comes up and I keep getting distracted xD

I need to read through all previous posts and then work on my own - a post by today or tomorrow? I want Slick to battle a Ratatta - do I have to send a Training post to you Boss for approval, or is that only Capturing?

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post
Hey guys, sorry for not having a post yet. Real life stuff comes up and I keep getting distracted xD

I need to read through all previous posts and then work on my own - a post by today or tomorrow? I want Slick to battle a Ratatta - do I have to send a Training post to you Boss for approval, or is that only Capturing?

~Sealboy
send the training post to me through pm..also sorry about the vm, i just noticed this.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

All righty, I'm going to swoop in and claim that open Light Mage position. Looks like my character will be late for the party, so Judge, do you think he can accompany Max to the group's camp when he leaves?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
All righty, I'm going to swoop in and claim that open Light Mage position. Looks like my character will be late for the party, so Judge, do you think he can accompany Max to the group's camp when he leaves?
of course, youll need to fill out the sign up form:) asap !

Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Name: Aidan Fletcher

Class: Light Mage

Specializations: Being a Light Mage, Aidan has some psychic abilities. He’s talented with telekinesis and some forms of weak telepathy—though being a child, he does have his limits. As of yet, he can only move items with his mind that are less than 3 lbs, and anything heavier or larger than him causes him a great deal of strain. Through his telepathy, Aidan mostly senses the feelings of his Pokémon rather than their coherent thoughts—and unless he severs this connection during battles, he will feel their pain.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Aidan is a little on the frail side, and his short stature leads most people to mistake him for being younger. His childish grin can sets many individuals at ease.

Personality:
Aidan is a very bright and energetic individual, seeming to exude happiness. He’s book-smart and intelligent, learning fast and loving every new gained piece of knowledge. This has lead many adults to praise him as a real prodigy; however, despite his smarts, Aidan can be quite childish and naďve. His innocent, trusting nature makes him rather gullible.

Light Mages are known to be a little shy, and Aidan is no exception. Notwithstanding his timidity, Aidan is open and friendly to all he meets. He doesn’t deal well with conflict, and is prone to stressing out. Still, he tries to keep on optimistic outlook on even the worst situations. He has some reservations about battling to get over in order to become a good Trainer, but he’s eager to set off on a new adventure and see the world.

History: Aidan was born and raised in Kanto—he has never known life outside of it. He is the only child in his family, but what he lacks in siblings he makes up for friends in Pokémon. He doesn’t know much about his father, who had left when Aidan was very young to travel the world as a Trainer. Communication with him has been difficult; in fact, Aidan hasn’t heard from his father since his tenth birthday (and that was the first time they talked since his father left).

His mother never seemed bitter about her husband’s absence. She was and still is a sweet-hearted woman, shouldering the responsibilities of a single parent with courage. It was she who instilled in him kindness and a love for life. Growing things was her special skill, and so to support her tiny family she opened a greenhouse. Aidan loved assisting her in caring for the plants there, and was often seen running up and down the aisles with a watering can when he was younger.

Life at the greenhouse was simple and peaceful. Aidan couldn’t imagine being happier anywhere else. However, he hit a bump in the road when he began demonstrating unusual abilities. After an accident that ended up in a good number of broken clay pots, Aidan’s mother revealed to him that his father had been a Light Mage—and that he, too, had the potential to be one. The boy wasn’t sure how to react to this, but his mother assured him that his gifts were given to him for a reason—he should learn to use them well.

Soon after his powers began manifesting themselves, Aidan’s aunt called. Meeting her had been a strange event, since neither Aidan nor his mother had much contact from his father’s side of the family. She was a mage as well, of course, but with darker tendencies then her brother. She took it upon herself to teach Aidan, but she was far from patient. Aidan did learn quickly, though it was hard to please Aunt Kara. The woman often pressured him to uphold the family honor, to carry on the tradition of their tribe. This often stressed the boy more than help to motivate him properly.

Some burdens were released from his shoulders when he began attending the Trainer School. He quickly advanced through his training, and was even enrolled in classes beyond his age. Now, he has been given the opportunity to really prove himself as a Trainer. As exciting a prospect as it is, Aidan feels even more pressure from his family to succeed.

Start Pokémon: Olive (Female Eevee) was Aidan’s tenth birthday gift from his father. They’ve become pretty close—and in fact, Olive so far is the only Pokémon that Aidan can truly converse with through telepathy.

Other: Finished! :D Sorry it's a little shorter than what I usually write, but I wanted to hop right into the story! ^^

Last edited by Charmander009; 07-25-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Name: Aidan Fletcher

Class: Light Mage

Specializations: Being a Light Mage, Aidan has some psychic abilities. He’s talented with telekinesis and some forms of weak telepathy—though being a child, he does have his limits. As of yet, he can only move items with his mind that are less than 25lbs, and anything heavier or larger than him causes him a great deal of strain. Through his telepathy, Aidan can sense the feelings of his Pokémon—and unless he severs this connection during battles, he will feel their pain.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Aidan is a little on the frail side, and his short stature leads most people to mistake him for being younger. His childish grin can sets many individuals at ease.

Personality:
Aidan is a very bright and energetic individual, seeming to exude happiness. He’s book-smart and intelligent, learning fast and loving every new gained piece of knowledge. This has lead many adults to praise him as a real prodigy; however, despite his smarts, Aidan can be quite childish and naďve. His innocent, trusting nature makes him rather gullible.

Light Mages are known to be a little shy, and Aidan is no exception. Notwithstanding his timidity, Aidan is open and friendly to all he meets. He doesn’t deal well with conflict, and is prone to stressing out. Still, he tries to keep on optimistic outlook on even the worst situations. He has some reservations about battling to get over in order to become a good Trainer, but he’s eager to set off on a new adventure and see the world.

History: Aidan was born and raised in Kanto—he has never known life outside of it. He is the only child in his family, but what he lacks in siblings he makes up for friends in Pokémon. He doesn’t know much about his father, who had left when Aidan was very young to travel the world as a Trainer. Communication with him has been difficult; in fact, Aidan hasn’t heard from his father since his tenth birthday (and that was the first time they talked since his father left).

His mother never seemed bitter about her husband’s absence. She was and still is a sweet-hearted woman, shouldering the responsibilities of a single parent with courage. It was she who instilled in him kindness and a love for life. Growing things was her special skill, and so to support her tiny family she opened a greenhouse. Aidan loved assisting her in caring for the plants there, and was often seen running up and down the aisles with a watering can when he was younger.

Life at the greenhouse was simple and peaceful. Aidan couldn’t imagine being happier anywhere else. However, he hit a bump in the road when he began demonstrating unusual abilities. After an accident that ended up in a good number of broken clay pots, Aidan’s mother revealed to him that his father had been a Light Mage—and that he, too, had the potential to be one. The boy wasn’t sure how to react to this, but his mother assured him that his gifts were given to him for a reason—he should learn to use them well.

Soon after his powers began manifesting themselves, Aidan’s aunt called. Meeting her had been a strange event, since neither Aidan nor his mother had much contact from his father’s side of the family. She was a mage as well, of course, but with darker tendencies then her brother. She took it upon herself to teach Aidan, but she was far from patient. Aidan did learn quickly, though it was hard to please Aunt Kara. The woman often pressured him to uphold the family honor, to carry on the tradition of their tribe. This often stressed the boy more than help to motivate him properly.

Some burdens were released from his shoulders when he began attending the Trainer School. He quickly advanced through his training, and was even enrolled in classes beyond his age. Now, he has been given the opportunity to really prove himself as a Trainer. As exciting a prospect as it is, Aidan feels even more pressure from his family to succeed.

Start Pokémon: Olive (Female Eevee) was Aidan’s tenth birthday gift from his father. They’ve become pretty close—and in fact, Olive so far is the only Pokémon that Aidan can truly converse with through telepathy.

Other: Finished! :D Sorry it's a little shorter than what I usually write, but I wanted to hop right into the story! ^^
The only thing I would say is your going to have to tone down your powers. understand that at your 3 pounds would be maxing out your power. You have to think your still working on bending spoons at this point. In this journey you can get stronger but its going to take time. As for Telepathy goes, id would say you should be somewhere around sensing emotions, maybe as the story moves on picking up a thought here or there.