Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 06-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Interactive Projects Ideas/Discussion

Want to make something to go in this section but want somebody's opinion on it first? Or simply want to get ideas from other people who suggest things that we could do? Maybe you just want to help around and you see that somebody requires assistance with something or is asking for input.

This thread is for open discussion about any ideas you may have for projects you want to complete or start, and you may contribute to others' ideas if you so desire.

General rules such as:
- No flaming
- No spamming
- Speak with relative regard for grammar and spelling
- Contribute nicely and don't put anybody down; be constructive in your feedback

Below is a list of ideas that people may wish to take part in. (Thanks to Winter for compiling this list.)

Ideas so Far
  • Get VAing noticed
  • VA Skype meet-up
  • Audio-reffing ASB
  • Create other VA projects, like animated videos/comics/that sort of thing
  • Mini-podcast/chat thingamabobs
  • Encourage other interview shows about any section (Art, stories, etc)
  • Parody dubs or other fandubs

Hope to see ideas of all kids! 8D

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 06-07-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:03 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Default Re: Interactive Projects Ideas/Discussion

I know this idea doesn't have much description, but what about a semi "podcast" where a small group of people gathers to talk about a certain video game and their favorite aspects of it? Like Characters, Locations, Fights, ect. I think it would be a pretty cool idea.

That, and reffing ASB battles like an announcer would. That would be cool too.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 06-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post

If someone would be willing to announce it, I can add the effects and mix it if GS gives me her Pokemon sound library.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Quote:
I know this idea doesn't have much description, but what about a semi "podcast" where a small group of people gathers to talk about a certain video game and their favorite aspects of it? Like Characters, Locations, Fights, ect. I think it would be a pretty cool idea.

It would be an interesting way to get people on the site interested in voice acting, too. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed the discussion Graceful Suicune and I got into on that voice acting contest board, but does anyone have any ideas to try and get people into voice acting/let people know about it (since we've got new members who don't even know we have threads dedicated to it)?

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 06-06-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
It would be an interesting way to get people on the site interested in voice acting, too. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed the discussion Graceful Suicune and I got into on that voice acting contest board, but does anyone have any ideas to try and get people into voice acting/let people know about it (since we've got new members who don't even know we have threads dedicated to it)?
I guess just making it publicly known...and probably giving people a script to voice act. Also, it can be a bit weird to do it by yourself, so why not have...like...a specific time to voice act with others and play around with a script that someone has made? It would be pretty cool and give the new people a chance to feed off of others.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 06-06-2012, 05:00 PM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly

I'm trying to set up a thing where a couple people to "Let's Play" videos of various Nintendo games (Earthbound, Pokemon, etc.) I really need people who would be interested in playing the games.

Shun the non-believer
Old 06-06-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
I'm trying to set up a thing where a couple people to "Let's Play" videos of various Nintendo games (Earthbound, Pokemon, etc.) I really need people who would be interested in playing the games.
That could be a lot of fun! PM or VM me about it. I'm interested.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 06-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

Yeah, a question: what exactly are the types of threads that can go in this section? Really not all that clear. XD
Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
I guess just making it publicly known...and probably giving people a script to voice act. Also, it can be a bit weird to do it by yourself, so why not have...like...a specific time to voice act with others and play around with a script that someone has made? It would be pretty cool and give the new people a chance to feed off of others.
Remember that we have a Youtube channel open to many of our art and interactive projects here!
Old 06-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

I like all you guys' ideas. O: Yes, haha, I think the fact that we have a youtube channel for this kinda thing is relatively unknown, but it's there, and you can submit stuff there if you like. Also, Meg, XDDD, I always voice act by myself. It's not weird at all. In fact, I find it more comforting than doing it with other people there. It really doesn't feel weird. xD

The mini-podcast is a VERY good idea. Talking about specific things is a great way to get people to listen. I mean, like you said, talking about specific things each time is a really good way to get people's attention, and, dare I say it, stay on topic. xD Although the latter probably won't happen. But if you have the leader person, then that would be good for keeping on topic. You just need to find somebody who can record skype calls. It took me HOURS to find out how to record the podcasts and stuff (without having to pay for a program) so...good luck. xD

I do think that ASB announcer thing could definitely work. XDD I wanna do a demo now! See, that thread could be specifically in the ASB section, and would make people want to compete more and stuff. We could even have people voicing the trainers giving those commends, and then random sound effects and stuff as the battle takes place. xDD Either that or we could have the thread here, I dunno. Also, I think it'd be hilarious if we had, like, those pokemon in the background being like "PIKA PIIIIIII!" or something as they attack. XDDD

So keep it up, guys. We can compile a list of ideas after we're all squeezed dry of them. XD Or now, if somebody wants to keep track of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
Yeah, a question: what exactly are the types of threads that can go in this section? Really not all that clear. XD
That's a good question. xD I think it's mainly projects you're working on that involve other people that don't fit into any other category, such as the podcast or the interviews I do. I think it's also for game development, and, as you'd probably know, voice acting as well.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-07-2012, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

I do think that ASB announcer thing could definitely work. XDD I wanna do a demo now! See, that thread could be specifically in the ASB section, and would make people want to compete more and stuff. We could even have people voicing the trainers giving those commends, and then random sound effects and stuff as the battle takes place. xDD Either that or we could have the thread here, I dunno. Also, I think it'd be hilarious if we had, like, those pokemon in the background being like "PIKA PIIIIIII!" or something as they attack. XDDD

~GS.
Yeah, that would be AWESOME! I think we should try to do a few soon, because I think it would be a fun alternative to having to type out the battles.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 06-07-2012, 01:41 AM
Winter Offline

I'm not sure what kind of alone you're referring to here--I record alone, but I'm currently in a project involving other VAs, however the writer for the project (a Halo machinima series) is the only one I'm in contact with. So are we talking about recording by yourself or VAing with only you doing lines in the finished product?

As for recording Skype calls, would a normal recording program work if you had the volume for the other person up loud enough?

Ideas so Far
  • Get VAing noticed
  • Audio-reffing ASB
  • VA Skype meet-up

This is what I remember seeing so far, let me know if I missed something or got something wrong.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:13 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Yeah, that would be AWESOME! I think we should try to do a few soon, because I think it would be a fun alternative to having to type out the battles.
It would! Well not necessarily a complete alternative, but more like an addition. I don't think changing the rules/regulations of normal ASB reffing is a good idea. XD More like doing voice acting for them on top of doing it normally, and maybe not necessarily even posting it...well I guess you could post a link to them in the battle's thread, but I suggest having an entirely different thread purely for vocal ASB reffing. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
I'm not sure what kind of alone you're referring to here--I record alone, but I'm currently in a project involving other VAs, however the writer for the project (a Halo machinima series) is the only one I'm in contact with. So are we talking about recording by yourself or VAing with only you doing lines in the finished product?

As for recording Skype calls, would a normal recording program work if you had the volume for the other person up loud enough?

Ideas so Far
  • Get VAing noticed
  • Audio-reffing ASB
  • VA Skype meet-up

This is what I remember seeing so far, let me know if I missed something or got something wrong.
I was meaning just recording your own lines not in the presence of another member. xD Not that you're the only one with lines.

Remember the mini-podcast. O: And don't forget, anyone is entitled to start up their own interview show as well. Maybe one specifically for a single purpose or something. Such as interviewing somebody about their story, or their art, or something. xD Or just a list of random questions that stick to a theme...or something like that. :P 'Cause the "Pe2k Member Interviews" thread is FOR other interview shows too, which is why I reserved posts at the start. It's not JUST for 21 Questions. But thinking now, I reckon maybe having separate threads for separate shows would be easier. xDD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:22 AM
Winter Offline

Oops, sorry. Fixed.

Ideas so Far
  • Get VAing noticed
  • VA Skype meet-up
  • Audio-reffing ASB
  • Mini-podcast/chat thingamabobs
  • Encourage other interview shows in any section (Art, stories, etc)

I love how technical my terminology is, lol. I say we totally spend time chatting about how N is a stalker in BW! And GS, do you know that answer to my question about recording, or is that something I need to test out with someone?

Maybe give them their own threads for each series or have a thread for interviews that were just kind of random, that of just make a compilation list of interviews, maybe?

Old 06-07-2012, 03:27 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Nice new list! :D I think that's everything so far.

And no, that wouldn't work. Dx I mean, theoretically it could, but it would be shocking quality, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Plus you would have to have the volume up really loud so that your microphone would be able to catch the other people.

Bahaha, he is pretty stalker-ish, ain't he? XD

Ahh yeah... Oh, I see! So, like, they would branch off and have their own threads, but my thread could be a general kind of thread where everyone's interviews are posted? That would be a really good idea, so that people can find everything there, and it means people won't constantly have to wait on me to submit something like rule changes or something, or post new episodes in the posts I have reserved. It would be a lot better if they had their own threads to be able to edit and stuff, and it means I can leisurely post their interviews on my thread (as, like, the mother thread, like you said). So maybe I can use those posts I reserved to advertise, kinda, the other people's interview shows, and link people to their threads. GOOD IDEA!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!