Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 02:06 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Default Latio-Nytro Vs KateSPK -- Latio-Nytro wins by DQ.

Single Battle [1 Pokémon each]
DQ: four days
Restrictions: no use of OHKOs
Arena: Plain Fields - a large field with nothing of interest for as far as the eye to see.
Ref Style: open
The challenger posts it.

I see no need of going too easy on you. Spikes, lets go.

Spikes (Quilfish, Male)
Swift Swim
Sig Move: N/A
Tutor Move: N/A
Obtained from Elbub's and 3m0d0ll's brthday!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 12-31-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 AM
KateSPK Offline

Default Re: Latio-Nytro Vs KateSPK

Okay, first battle! 8D I'll be using Gabriel, my Frillish.

[Gabriel] Frillish
Ability: Cursed Body
Signature Move: n/a
Obtained: Starter [1 - 2]

Gabriel, let's start off with a Confuse Ray. If he happens to taunt you before you can confuse him, go with an Ominous Wind and try for the stat boost. If he protects, set up a Trick Room. Then, if you haven't already, get the Trick Room up; if you did manage to, attack with a Shadow Ball.

Confuse Ray/Ominous Wind/Trick Room ~ Trick Room/Shadow Ball
Old 08-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Taunt first. He'll attempt to use Trick Room on the second turn because he didn't get one up first turn and fail because of Taunt, so use that window of opportunity to use Toxic.

Taunt~Toxic

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

I was tired, cranky, hungry, and just plain annoyed.

And yet, there I was, watching a battle. I REALLY didn't want to, but I needed money.

!@!@$!@#!@#$!$!!#$@#$%!@%@$!%!@$$%^$@%!#$!@$!@!@$$ !$#!$#!!!!!!

Anyway, I decided to watch Latio's battle with a newcomer identifying herself as "Kate" (I idly wondered what would happen if Velo was introduced). Kate threw out a Frillish she called Gabriel (sweet name, right there); Latio sent out a Qwilfish I vaguely remembered as Spikes.

[Gabriel] Frillish (M)
HP: 100
ENG: 100
Mood: Eh.

[Spikes] Qwilfish (M)
Swift Swim
HP: 100
ENG: 100
Mood: Boing... boing... boing...

Despite being extremely spherical, non-aerodynamic, and not in the water, the Qwilfish was faster than the floating Frillish by quite a bit. The ball thing began to yell things at the Frillish that appeared to be unflattering remarks about Gabriel's mother, heritage, and abilities. Apparently, the Frillish really took these insults to heart, because it looked ready for MURDER.
Accuracy rolled a 85 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target. Effect: Rolled from 1 to 3. Result was 3 (Effect lasts for Result+2 rounds). (Gabriel: TAUNT for 5 actions, Spikes: -6ENG)

Man, that Frillish was MAD. I never thought I would a jellyfish blow a gasket, and yet, there it was. It positively blasted an ethereal stream of air from its mouth at the little blowfish thing, and Spikes reeled.
Critical hit rolled a 1131, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit. Accuracy rolled a 47 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target. Effect: Rolled from 1 to 10. Result was 4 (Success = 1). (Spikes: -11HP, Gabriel: -6ENG)

It appeared that Spikes was quite against calming his opponent down. Quite the contrary. His cheeks had begun to puff out, and I could smell something absolutely putrid, but vaguely familiar. Before I could even register what sort of horrible things I must have gotten into for that smell to be familiar, the blowfish barfed. Or heaved. Or vomited. Or puked. Or tossed its cookies. Or reguritated. Or threw up. Or... you know, I might follow its lead if I continue listing synonyms (not really), and I think my point got across by now. But it didn't aim for a bucket... unless you qualify a Frillish's head as a bucket. I didn't think it was possible, but that Frillish got madder.
Accuracy rolled a 21 where rolling more than 90 resulted in this action missing the target. (Gabriel: TXC; Spikes: -6ENG)

The Frillish then tried to twist the dimensions around the field. It wanted to be faster than its opponent. But it was far too mad to focus on doing anything other than directly clobbering its opponent. A portion of the barf from earlier (and the Frillish had my deepest sympathies for this) somehow found its way into Gabriel's mouth, and he kinda lost his lunch. Ew.
Action failed due to Taunt. (Gabriel: -7ENG, -2HP)

[Gabriel] Frillish (M)
HP: 98
ENG: 87
Mood: I'M SO PI-*HAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK*

[Spikes] Qwilfish (M)
Swift Swim
HP: 89
ENG: 88
Mood: Still Boing... boing... boing...

Old 08-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

OK, Spikes, let's abuse your awesome even further.

First, Thunder Wave, then we go on the offensive with a Poison Jab.

Thunder Wave~Poison Jab

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:54 PM
KateSPK Offline

Not that good of a start, but it doesn't matter!

Gabriel, since you are taunted, let's go all out offensive! Start with a Facade, since you are poisoned it should do double damage, and finish with a Giga Drain to get some health back.

Facade ~ Giga Drain
Old 12-16-2012, 08:19 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Two

KateSPK

[Gabriel] Frillish (M)

HP: 98%
Energy: 87%
Condition: I’M SO PI- *Hack* *Hack*; Toxic (second round); Taunted (three more actions)
Moves: Facade ~ Giga Drain

Latio-Nytro

[Spikes] Qwilfish (M)

HP: 89%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Boing, boing
Moves: Thunder Wave ~ Poison Jab

Spikes hadn’t finished winding up Gabriel. This time, bands of electricity began to crawl over his spiky, spherical body. They flickered and crackled, joining for split seconds before breaking again. The power contained in them grew and grew until Spikes released it in a single lightning bolt, which forked off, forming a cage like structure around Gabriel just before it hit. The electricity sank in, seizing the Frillish’s neural system. Any messages being transmitted now had the chance of being rerouted, or not getting anywhere at all. This could really throw the poor octopus off its stride.

It certainly seemed that way when, rather than the expected emission of a bright red aura, his next move was to crash to the ground, his limbs having gone unnaturally stiff. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t move – and his opponent wasn’t going to give him the chance to recover.

Far from it, the Qwilfish seized the opportunity with both metaphorical hands. His spikes puffed up and began to glow with a horrible shade of purple, which made Gabriel’s unsettled stomach shift uncomfortably. Then the horrible-looking fish threw himself at his foe, his spikes hooking into the slippery blue skin to carry poison deep into the body. Due to the scrambledness of his nerves, Gabriel didn’t feel much pain, but that didn’t mean it hadn’t done its fair share of damage.

Unfortunately for Spikes, that leap had made him very vulnerable. He had attacked on the assumption that his opponent would be unable to move until he could get a safe distance between them. However, this was not the case, and several tentacles slid gingerly over his body, trying to avoid the prickly spikes. Slowly, the Frillish began to suck out energy from its prey, using it to heal some of the damage that had been done to him. He couldn’t cleanse himself of the poison though, and as he withdrew his slimy tentacles he curled up, his stomach cramping painfully. This hadn’t gone too well.

KateSPK

[Gabriel] Frillish (M)

HP: 83%
Energy: 66%
Condition: Curled up in pain; Paralysed (first action), Toxic (second round); Taunted (one more action)

Latio-Nytro

[Spikes] Qwilfish (M)

HP: 78%
Energy: 78%
Condition: A little creeped out

Notes
Thunder Wave- (Qwilfish -4% Energy; Frillish paralysed)
Facade- (Rolled 6707/10,000, 5000 or less to succeed; Frillish -8% Energy)
Poison Jab- (Qwilfish -6% Energy; Frillish -14% HP)
Giga Drain- (Rolled 194/10,000, 7500 or less to succeed; Frillish -13% Energy, +3% HP; Qwilfish -11% HP)
Toxic- (Frillish -4% HP)

Arena Notes
None
Old 12-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

KateSPK, you have 24 hours to post your moves before you are DQed.

Last edited by Socratic Sarcasm; 12-29-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

KateSPK is DQ.

Latio gets $10.
Kate gets nothing.
Kantobreeder and I each get $5.

Closed Thread