Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba
Default Metal Gear Snivy vs. Graceful_Suicune -- Metal Gear Snivy wins by DQ.

Terrain: A standard stadium battlefield
DQ Time: 4 Days
Battle Type: 1v1
Damage Cap: 50
Restrictions: No OHKO moves, no Selfdestruct or Explosion
Ref Type: Open

I'll send out Lang!

Lang/Shinx (M)
Signature Move: N/A
Obtained: Starter

Use Charge!
Charge~Charge

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 12-31-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Metal Gear Snivy vs. Graceful_Suicune

Alright, mister, let's go! 8D

[Nitre] Tepig (M)
Ability: Blaze
Sig move: None

Use taunt and then follow it up with magnitude! 8D Go for it, Nitre!

Taunt~Magnitude

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

It was a beautiful day to visit a Pokemon stadium. The sun shone overhead, looking brightly on a pair of young Trainers getting ready to have a friendly match at said stadium. Neither of them would be throwing down the most powerful of Pokemon, but the people at the stadium were there not to watch power, but the skill and excitement present in every Pokemon battle.

One of the Trainers, a boy, sent out a big-eared ball of bright-blue fuzz. The Shinx wagged its star-tipped tail happily, its yellow eyes gleaming with eagerness. The girl analyzed her options for a moment before deciding on a plump, orange Sus scrofa - that is, a pig - with a spring-shaped tail that was tipped by a gleaming scarlet gem. At once the Tepig caught sight of Shinx, and he snorted a puff of smoke from his red nostrils. Shinx responded with a crackle of electricity along his pelt, and the crowd cheered. The battle was on.

Metal Gear Snivy

[Lang] Shinx (M)
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Charge ~ Charge

Graceful_Suicune

[Nitre] Tepig (M)
Energy: 100%
Taunt ~ Magnitude

Round One
The sparks that had been running across Lang's body began to glow more brightly, increasing in number and speed. Nitre took full notice of this, and he decided to put an end to it. In a bid to distract his feline opponent, Nitre began to wave a stubby fore-leg in the air. Once Lang was looking at him - irritation clear in his yellow gaze - Nitre began to stick out his tongue, point, and laugh derisively at Lang. The Shinx's hackles immediately began to bristle with rage, and he lost himself in rage. He puffed out all of his fur and bared his pointy teeth, quite forgetting about charging himself with electricity. Nitre's smug smirk only further irritated Lang.
[Taunt: Nitre, -6% Energy]
[Charge (Failed): Lang, -7% Energy]

Now that Lang was incapacitated by anger, it was time for Nitre to go on the offensive. He was a little bit hesitant to further provoke Lang, but that wasn't going to actually stop him. He lifted a hoof, which glowed with a brown aura, and then slammed his foot right into the sandy arena floor. Immediately a rippling wave of cracked and broken stone rolled across the stadium, sending Lang flying in a shower of pebbles and pain. The Shinx growled and leaped to his feet, his anger dulling the intense pain coming from his bruises and grit-filled scrapes. For a second, Nitre was afraid that Lang would unleash some form of horrible vengeance.
[Magnitude: Lang, -16% HP; Nitre, -26% Energy]

However, Lang had no orders to exact vengeance of any sort. Much to his distaste, Lang found himself being commanded to use another Charge, rather than to attack directly. Lang tried his best, summoning up electricity, but just knowing that he would be unable to fashion it into a Thunder to hit Nitre with made it impossible. Finally he gave it up, resolving rather to shred Nitre in the next round.
[Charge (Failed): Lang, -7% Energy]

Metal Gear Snivy

[Lang] Shinx (M)
Health: 84%
Energy: 86%
Status: Hungry for pork chops. [Taunt - one action remaining]

Graceful_Suicune

[Nitre] Tepig (M)
Energy: 74%

Ref Notes
Shinx and Tepig have equal speed, so I rolled 1-100 to see who went first. Rolls were 44 and 50 with Tepig being the evens and Shinx being the odds.
Magnitude's power roll was 98, resulting in a BP of 90.
Magnitude's crit roll was 25; 1-6.25 for crit.
The RNG doesn't like you much, Metal Gear Snivy.
Also, MGS, please post your Shinx's ability next time. It's inconvenient for refs to have to dig through peoples' stats.
This was very fun to write. :D

Grace, your moves, please.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 06-18-2012, 02:03 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Hehehehe. c:

ALRIGHTY, NITRE. Time to do more...stuff!

First off, I want you to use flame charge! And follow it up with a rollout.

Flame charge~rollout

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:23 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Sorry, Velo. I thought I forgot about something...

Anyways, Lang, use another Charge, followed by a Thunderbolt!

Charge~Thunderbolt

Links
Code:
Old 08-02-2012, 12:48 AM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Metal Gear Snivy

[Lang] Shinx (M)
Health: 84%
Energy: 86%
Status: Hungry for pork chops. [Taunt - one action remaining]

Graceful_Suicune

[Nitre] Tepig (M)
Energy: 74%

Round 2

Nitre glared at the little thunder lion that stood across from him, scraping his hoof in the dirt of the battlefield. That lion had scared him last round, but not this time. This time, Nitre was going to deal some damage. Letting out a snort, the pig lowered its head like a bull. Taking a deep breath, he charged straight for Lang. As he ran, his body began to glow with a shimmering red and yellow light. The light intensified, and the air around him shimmered for a moment before bursting into a cloak of flames. Nitre let out as fierce a cry as he could muster and slammed into Lang, who yelped in pain as his fur simmered from the heat of the fiery impact. Nitre snorted once more, trotting back to his trainer with a smirk.
[Nitre: -7 Energy; +1 SPD| Lang: -10 HP]
(Critical hit rolled a 1330, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit.
Accuracy rolled a 7 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target.)

Lang growled as he watched the Tepig, wanting to destroy the little pig so badly..He ignored the first order from his trainer, realizing it wouldn't do any damage.
[Lang: -7 Energy; Charge Failed]

Nitre smirked as Lang didn't move, determination and anger plastered on the Shinx's face. The Tepig wanted to wipe that determination off, and with a swish of his little tail, he backed up a few paces. The pig took a running start before jumping into the air and beginning to spin. He hit the ground with great force, kicking up dirt and rocks as he rocketed towards Lang. The electric lion had no chance to dodge and was hit head on, again getting knocked back a few paces. Nitre ceased his spinning for a moment, knowing he could get stronger than that.
[Nitre: -4 Energy; Rollout 4 more actions| Lang: -5 HP]
(Critical hit rolled a 4501, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit. Accuracy rolled a 9 where rolling more than 90 resulted in this action missing the target.)

Lang shook himself off, his teeth bared in a snarl of anger. How dare that little hog hurt him like that! He was definitely going to make him pay…The Shinx’s fur began to crackle with the energy stored inside him. The hiss of the electricity echoed through the arena and Lang began to growl. The hissing and crackling got louder until the Shinx let out as loud a roar as he could. The electricity jumped from his body and rocketed towards its target. Nitre let out a yelp of agony as the lightning made contact with him, causing his limbs to twitch uncontrollably for a moment before settling. His skin burned as the electricity sparked around him before dying away. Lang chuckled slightly to himself and shook himself off, waiting for the next round.
[Lang: -15 Energy| Nitre: -14 HP]
(Critical hit rolled a 5401, where rolling 625 or less resulted in a critical hit. Accuracy rolled a 17 where rolling more than 100 resulted in this action missing the target. Effect: Rolled from 1 to 10. Result was 7. No Effect.)

Round 2 End

Metal Gear Snivy

[Lang] Shinx (M)
Health: 69%
Energy: 64%

Graceful_Suicune

[Nitre] Tepig (M)
Health: 86%
Energy: 63%

Ref Notes:
- Rolled 1-2, result was 2. Nitre Moves first 1st action.
- Lang was Taunted, Charge failed.
- That was fun!

MGS, your moves please.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Last edited by 5TailedDemonLizard; 08-03-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:35 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard
Reserved. I'll get to it tomorrow!
And with that, WAR starts. Are you the God of WAR? Anyways, foretold, JACUZZI! Lang...Use Rain Dance, then follow with Thunderbolt.

Rain Dance~Thunderbolt

Links
Code:
Old 08-03-2012, 05:04 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

LOoking this over, I actually made a pretty big mistake. Lang should have still been taunted the first round so Charge would have failed. I'm going to edit it once I get back on my computer. Sorry for the mistake, guys.

EDIT: Fixed.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Last edited by 5TailedDemonLizard; 08-03-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post
LOoking this over, I actually made a pretty big mistake. Lang should have still been taunted the first round so Charge would have failed. I'm going to edit it once I get back on my computer. Sorry for the mistake, guys.

EDIT: Fixed.
OH MY GOSH I SAW THAT. THAT'S WHAT A THOUGHT. SHEESH. YOU JUST WANT ME TO LOSE, DON'T YOU.

Good job, Nitre. >:3

Also, you have to keep rollouting, so rollout and do it again. XD DON'T STOP OKAY?

Rollout~rollout

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:41 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

I I I

-

Metal Gear Snivy

[Lang] Shinx
Ability: Intimidate.
Health: 69%
Energy: 64%
Rain Dance~Thunderbolt
-1 Attack.

Graceful_Suicune

[Nitre] Tepig
Ability: Blaze.
Energy: 63%
Rollout~Rollout
-1 Attack; +1 Speed;

Wanting to finish this battle quickly, and feeling Rollout's groove, Nitre jumped about a foot in the air, and flipped forward, starting a quick spin as he hit the ground. He rolled in place for a second, then shot forward, creating a think dust trail behind him, gaining gradual speed until he finally made contact with the small dog-like Pokemon.
[Rollout: BP, 40; Acc, 40/1-90, hit; Nitre, -7% Energy; Lang, -6% Health]

Shaking off that blow, Lang eyes his opponent closely, seeing that that Rollout took a heavier toll on Nitre than himself. Lang smirked and tilted his head up, letting a small bit of saliva drip to the back of his throat. He began quietly gurgling the foamy liquid, letting his thoughts wander to the smell of rain and how cold water drops feel and a warm face. A bowling ball sized orb began to form from the now completely liquidated saliva in Lang's throat. The water bubbled up and was absorbed my the orb, making it grow larger steadily. With a quick jerk upwards, Lang sent the ball hurling towards the sky. With a swift ascent and sudden pop, dark cumulus clouds instantly appeared and cold water drops began to fall.
[Rain Dance: Lang, -7% Energy; Raining for four actions]

Disgruntled by the water all around him, Nitre jumped up yet again, moving at such a speed, the falling water bounced off, unaffecting Nitre. The slick, muddy ground stuck to his rolling ball of a body as he slid through the mud. With another powerful burst, Lang flew backwards, yelping in the process.
[Rollout: BP, 50; Acc, 69/1-90, hit; Nitre, -10% Energy; Lang, -8% Health]

Lang stood with a wince, he could still tell that Nitre took the brunt of the attack, but he felt the damage beginning to add on and knew he needed to end this quickly. Lang got into a pounce position and tensed his body up, letting static electricity build up. Lang growled as he began to spark, letting the electricity flow from his body towards Nitre. Nitre, fearing the electric attack more than the wetness all around him, dove into the mud for cover, knowing Electric-type attacks were ineffective to Ground-types. The Thunderbolt sparked all around through the rain where Nitre stood a few seconds earlier, then died off.
[Thunderbolt: Acc, 93/1-90, miss; Lang, -10% Energy]

Metal Gear Snivy

[Lang] Shinx
Ability: Intimidate.
Health: 61%
Energy: 47%
No status.

Graceful_Suicune

[Nitre] Tepig
Ability: Blaze.
Energy: 46%
-1 Attack; +1 Speed; Rollout, 2 more actions.

-

For the record, Xanthe, you're allowed to break cycle move like Ice Ball and Rollout.

GS, your moves, please.

-

Old 08-18-2012, 02:54 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Alrighty, well, I didn't know that. xD

Anyway, I think I'm disqualified. If not, then here are my moves:

Okay, Nitre...good with with those rollouts! xD Change time.

Magnitude~Body slam.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:21 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Did they warn you? I don't think you are if they don't give you an official warning. Siiiiiinnnnnnnnccccccceeeeee I know that Thunder never misses while it's raining, so, go for Thunder!

Thunder~Thunder

Links
Code:
Old 08-18-2012, 03:23 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Gear Snivy View Post
Did they warn you? I don't think you are if they don't give you an official warning. Siiiiiinnnnnnnnccccccceeeeee I know that Thunder never misses while it's raining, so, go for Thunder!

Thunder~Thunder
Nope, I wasn't warned. I didn't know that they would warn me. xD

And lawl... Good luck surviving that, Nitre. D:

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:39 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Four

Neku Sakuraba

[Lang] Shinx (M)

HP: 61%
Energy: 47%
Condition: A bit frustrated
Moves: Thunder ~ Thunder

Graceful_Suicune

[Nitre] Tepig (M)

HP: 86%
Energy: 46%
Condition: Hating all this wetness; -1 Attack, +1 Speed
Moves: Magnitude ~ Body Slam

Nitre decided that he’d had enough rolling around in the mud, and that there was probably a much better way for him to use his time. He picked himself up, shaking off some of the water that covered him, and stamped his feet as hard as he could. Somehow, he managed to put enough force into it that the ground started shaking beneath him, sending Lang sprawling. The lion cub stumbled up again, his fur lagged in mud - he was going to take something like that without fighting back.

Electricity sparked and crackled around his small body, building up in intensity until he was surrounded in a near permanent glow of yellow light. This energy then burst out in twin forks of lightning, which hit Nitre like a swinging warhammer. The pig’s muscles were all stimulated at once by the electric signal, sending him flying through the air and back down to the saturated ground with a splashing sound. As he lay there, he noticed something strange: he couldn’t move his muscles. The lightning had messed around with his nerves so that any messages from his brain were blocked on the way.

By this time, Lang had built up another load of charge. He gritted his teeth as the power surged through him. It had drained a lot of him to build up these attacks; there was no way he’d be able to sustain anything like this much power in the next round. Lightning bolts flew, striking Nitre as he lay in the mud. The Tepig squealed in pain, and Lang dropped to his knees: he desperately needed a rest now.

Nitre wasn’t allowing himself to be so lax. He dragged himself to his feet and set off on a loping charge towards his opponent. It was made much more difficult by the fact that his legs froze after every few steps, but he eventually got close enough to throw himself into the air and down on top of the lion cub. Lang grunted in pain, and Nitre rolled off of him, lying on the sodden ground a small distance away. Although neither of them was in much pain, they were both breathing heavily – this wasn’t going to take much longer to wrap up.

Neku Sakuraba

[Lang] Shinx (M)

HP: 36%
Energy: 3%
Condition: Barely staying awake

Graceful_Suicune

[Nitre] Tepig (M)

HP: 52%
Energy: 5%
Condition: Panting hard; -1 Attack, -5 Speed; Paralysed

Notes
Magnitude- (Rolled 58/100, BP=70; Tepig -17% Energy; Shinx -12% HP)
Thunder- (Rolled 2/10, 3 or less to paralyse; Shinx -22% Energy; Tepig -17% HP, paralysed)
Thunder- (Shinx -22% Energy; Tepig -17% HP)
Body Slam- (Rolled 538/10,000; 5000 or less to succeed; rolled 9/10, 3 or less for paralysis; Tepig -24% Energy; Shinx -13% HP)

Arena Notes
The rain has stopped
Old 12-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Lang, you've worked hard enough. If you push yourself any further, your soul might shatter. Let's chill.

Chill~Chill

Links
Code:
Closed Thread